Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Alvis Alendran said:
Well Quix, if you play lowest common denominator, you get more responses. Just much less interesting ones. It's a fine line to walk.

Very true, Alvis, and I'm happy to stay my own course and hold out for those I find interesting.

Malicious Lullaby said:
APRIL FOOL'S?! QUIX! YOUUUUU--Oh wait I already knew that xD

Oh, I know you knew, there's no fooling Mali!

It's fun when it arrives for me a day earlier than most other people. Not that the plot bunnies and character tropes therein were a joke. I've been approached with or seen requests along very similar lines for each of those, multiple times! However, I may have embellished one or two just a little, xD

Malicious Lullaby said:
Lol like the fifty shades one? Or was that just for me? xD

Of course the Fifty Shades one was just for you (and not the other twelve million people who have requested I write something similarly 'inspired' xD)

Malicious Lullaby said:
For the record, I have never asked you to write something similarly 'inspired.' xD
Didn't know BMR had 12 million members...wow Quix, you're something of a literary babe! And a general babe :D

The very reason we've been writing together for over three years, and will continue to for many more. Your characters know how to keep mine on their toes and give as good as they get, xD

Okay, it might just feel like twelve million, although if I count the ones who've asked multiple times in various guises, I can't be that far off. You know I'm not one for hyperbole or exaggeration.

Oh, and you aware that Babe is a pig, aren't you?

LhSCEDz.jpg

Of course you are! :)

I mean okay, I’ll admit, I almost did. But then you made it very clear the kinds of characters you play and the kinds you expect to play opposite of. I bit my tongue xD

LOL. You? Not one for hyperbole and exaggeration? PFFTTTT!! Those are your middle names!

Yes I am! Look at that sweet and loveable Quix-Babe! So handsome and dapper and adorable :D

Malicious Lullaby said:
I mean okay, I’ll admit, I almost did. But then you made it very clear the kinds of characters you play and the kinds you expect to play opposite of. I bit my tongue xD

LOL. You? Not one for hyperbole and exaggeration? PFFTTTT!! Those are your middle names!

Yes I am! Look at that sweet and loveable Quix-Babe! So handsome and dapper and adorable :D

Oh yeah, I can really see Jinx, Harper or Sky taking orders from anyone, xD

Nope, everything I say should be taken totally literally! And my middle names change depending on circumstance.

He does look sweet, dapper and adorable, doesn't he? Good enough to throw on a spit and roast to crispy eating perfection, xD

The BMR curse has hit again. After being completely up-to-date and feeling relaxed about the pace of my stories, four of my lovely partners, including the one E, obviously colluded and decided to post their replies within twenty-four hours of each other. From nothing, I now suddenly have five responses to write. Once all the various possibilities of how to reply to one stop conflicting with the same for each of the others in my brain, I'll start on my attempts to get back to them in the order they were received :)

Hence why I bit my tongue! xD

But we have already established that ‘Loveable Asshole’ is probably your number one middle name xD

That’s just rude...or not. See I called you Babe thus making you the pig. So if you threw him on the spit and made to a crispy perfection, you’d be making yourself crispy perfection. Bahaha! Then that’s fine xD

LOL. You’re welcome. Tag-teams with Xana :D

Aren't I glad you did!

True, but sometimes I shorten that as well, by dropping the 'lovable' part.

Glad you approve; nothing better than Pork with crispy crackling, and I know a few people who'd find it delicious to see me slow-roasted over a bed of hot coals, xD

That's okay, wouldn't surprise me if you were the ring-master, and I have a very long memory :)

Mum's heading up tomorrow to stay at my brother's for a week, helping out as his kennels, which are by the way, going great, and with his Son's birthday on 1st April and my other brother's daughter yesterday, we're all going out to dinner on Wednesday. Should be interesting as it will be the first time my two sibling's have, by choice, been in the same room since the Christmas before last, leading to the eldest saying, when not long after Dad died, that the next time he wanted to see my other again was 'at mum's funeral'. Family get-together's are always entertaining and filled with a sense of anticipation if nothing else, though slightly less tense with Dad gone. How Mum ever coped with the four of us living in the same house without going insane (or murdering one of us!) I'll never know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Mali's not here I can post this trailer, which has reignited my desire to write a creepy-clown story, without getting yelled at for scaring her! Having loved the book when I originally read it, it might be a movie I actually make an effort to go see. Let's just hope, unlike the first adaption, they do the novel justice.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnCdOQsX5kc[/video]

Malicious Lullaby said:
Hah I already saw it! -blows raspberries-

You'll likely be lining up to be the first to see the midnight screening on its release! xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner went pretty well, no-one ended up with broken bones, or threatening not to speak to each other again, so I consider that a success! Caught up with them all last night, but since I'd already committed to heading out to my brother's kennels tomorrow, will spend the day there with him and Mum, for Good Friday. As he has as much contempt for religion as I do - funny how when growing up, and left to make up our own minds without influence either way, we all turned out Atheists - he's already bought a couple of nice, juicy t-bone steaks to throw on the barbeque.

As to the purported reasons behind Easter itself, well, the leadup to these religious Holidays (the question of how Federal Government mandated Public Holidays for religious occasions conform to the separation of Church and State concept I'll leave for another time!), with it being all over the news and television, always makes my logical brain grind its metaphorical teeth and wonder not only how people can actually believe in God and follow particular religions, but why they'd even want to.

What offends my sensibilities as much as the millions who've suffered or being killed in the name of religion, its holding back of scientific advancement, and attempted hijacking of the moral high ground when the Bible itself condones genocide, oppression of women, rape and slavery, is how we're supposed to display a respect and reverence for certain beliefs; more-so at particular times of the year; in a way that we would in no other aspect in our lives for any other concept that, like belief in God, has no logical, factual or rational basis, and nary a shred of empirical evidence to back it up. In reality, quite the opposite, as the foundation-stone for that belief - The Bible - makes no fucking sense.

Honestly, if it didn't exist and I was to write it as a story on BMR, I'd be mocked for the number of facts I got plain wrong, the multitude of contradictions it contained, a complete lack of story-logic and internal consistency, and plot-holes large enough to fly a Boeing 747 through. And that be even before I mentioned 'the World was flat' and 'the Sun revolves around the Earth', or that the qualities ascribed to God, such as the ability to simultaneously be 'all-knowing and possess free-will' or to be both 'completely just and infinitely merciful,' amongst others, are inherently self-contradictory and make the existence of the Abrahamic God as so-described a logical impossibility. Then there's the Problem of Evil.

Yet, despite the above, religion is allowed to influence our political and social policies, particularly on issues such as contraception, homosexuality, gay marriage, abortion, medical research and euthanasia, etc, and is the main driver behind most of the world's conflicts. The very last thing it's worthy of is respect or reverence.

AwTfWel.png

Q0NjRI1.jpg

bc7237a41f69a6fb1876ac74a339d519.jpg

Av6nuL6.png

4ffe175666c23559701e138a479c4eb1.jpg

Wcf7FCp.jpg

74NMToJ.png

Sj5JGav.jpg

Now, I've got that little mind dump out of the way, I hope everyone has an awesome Bunny Holiday

aIl7gVe.jpg

And just remember,

20s9Z2h.jpg

Damn, and when my brother said he'd bought some nice juicy red-meat steaks for Good Friday, he wasn't lying. Bloody t-bones were a kilogram (35 ounce?) each, and cost him like $20 apiece. At least his dogs ate well that night as neither of us could finish them. But, hey, we tried!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what it is about me, considering the reputation I have with some people around here, that I also seem to be the one for others to come to for advice, run something past that they're unsure about, ask my opinion or to confide in. I guess a lot of it is because I tend to say what I believe and won't sugar-coat things or lie, and also take pride in my personal integrity so they know I'll keep whatever it is to myself. Whatever the reason, I greatly appreciate that I've built up enough trust for people to feel comfortable in being able to do so; from a selfish perspective, that makes me feel good, so don't stop :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I've always found it strange how things go in peaks and troughs. From not getting an approach in a month, I suddenly get five, between here and E, in two days. And yet, when I get worried that I might be taking on too much, with four replies to finish, and a few of those approaches to consider, I still bump my thread quick-connect thread. Go figure my brain and its need for stress, I fucking can't! xD

Malicious Lullaby said:
I love you blunt. That's why I come to you. Plus you give a great laugh too :D

That'd be right, you're always laughing at me!

--------------------------------------------------

In regards to my previous post, although most of my current partners are already aware (though it may seem to not make much sense, xD), to allay any concerns that I might be spreading myself too thin, and impact on the ones I currently have, I'll clarify that regardless of how many I take on, it doesn't affect my posting rates to individual ones.

It's something I always try to make clear to any potential new collaborators. Because of my peculiar thought-process and the mental energy and intense focus the organisational task of 'finishing' each post, ie translating the jumbled mess in my head, which comes out as a jigsaw puzzle-piece like mind dump for the first draft that makes perfect sense to me as is, into some form of coherent, readable order for others to understand, takes, I need a break from each to recharge my batteries for that story before I can turn my mind to it again.

If I only had one story in total, I'd still be only to post to it once or twice a week, and am likely one of the few people to ever drop a roleplay because replies came too fast!

Forget Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and Daniel Craig, I'll just leave this here for Mali, after which no further discussion should be needed on who is the greatest James Bond, or what is the best movie in the series.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJVX4zhpey8[/video]

Of course, although I'm in no way biased, not ever having actually seen the film, it's the legendary Australian, Mr George Lazenby, and On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

How is it that you got Daniel Craig in that list but you left out Pierce Brosnan, you mean, rude and uncouth bastard? xD

Hmm, that’s nice Quix. But here’s how James Bond proves that his thumb is what should be really used to make a woman purr. He can even make cars submit to him :D

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXvVa-6BDWc[/video]

That would be Pierce Brosnan :) -melts-

Malicious Lullaby said:
How is it that you got Daniel Craig in that list but you left out Pierce Brosnan, you mean, rude and uncouth bastard? xD

Hmm, that’s nice Quix. But here’s how James Bond proves that his thumb is what should be really used to make a woman purr. He can even make cars submit to him :D

That would be Pierce Brosnan :) -melts-

Pierce who?

And who in the hell would name their kid Pierce!

PS: I hate to tell you, that's CGI. No man could ever make anything purr like that in real-life. Although personally, I do sure know how to make a woman hiss, xD

Hmpph, well I'll just pretend you that you tell me I'm right every day for the next month. And it doesn't really matter, does it, because in the end, neither George nor Pierce can hold a candle to Ben Roberts! xD

Oh ho so we're going there now, are we? Har har xD I shall not dignify that response with an answer xD
Just say what you said in the PM. You said it was funny and that he was even pretty good-looking. So go on. Do it! And then for the month I tell you that you're right and stroke your ego will actually be real! I mean wouldn't that be better than just pretending? Don't you want the real thing???

Malicious Lullaby said:
Oh ho so we're going there now, are we? Har har xD I shall not dignify that response with an answer xD
Just say what you said in the PM. You said it was funny and that he was even pretty good-looking. So go on. Do it! And then for the month I tell you that you're right and stroke your ego will actually be real! I mean wouldn't that be better than just pretending? Don't you want the real thing???

I said I guessed he was kind of good-looking, but apart from that, yes I'll admit it did make me laugh, and that Pierce Brosnan is the most awesome 007 ever.

Happy now, and do I get my prize?

Malicious Lullaby said:
You said this could be a trap...what could be so trappy about it before I give you my verdict? xD

But it'd spoil my fun if I told you, xD

However, just remember if you give me my prize, and need to admit that I'm right every day for the next month, I could then have a change of heart about Pierce Brosnan and ask your opinion, xD

Would you rather call a truce? I'm happy enough with just the four times a year we've already decided upon :)

Back
Top Bottom