Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(2am and Distain)

Stephen gathered his briefcase and waited for her at her fathers door. " Thank you sir." He waited silently for her to return not wanting to be there a moment longer. His mind was racing what did he mean by be discrete in public. His mind wandered did that mean she would not be allowed to stay at his house? Did that mean they would not be allowed to go over to her home. His heart broke he loved sleeping with her it felt so nice holding her as he slept. Once inside the elevator he turned and looked into her eyes. "I don't know where exactly everything stands. What we are allowed and not allowed to do. But... At least i have you." He said kissing her softly running his hand over her cheek caressing it gently.

She beamed at him once they got back in the elevator. She didn't know how he had convinced her father to change his mind. She kissed him back. "You're incredible," she said against his lips. She shook her head slightly. "Let's worry about all that later. I'm worried about your hand." She gave him another kiss. "I'll nag you about it until you get it checked out. You know I will." She looked into his eyes smiling. "I'm glad I have you too."

"I will get it looked at after work. Then i will stop by your place for dinner. " He smiled kissing her again softly knowing she would not be satisfied until the moment he got it fixed. He could literally feel the weight come off his shoulders he had been so stressed out all morning. With a happy sigh he held her hand until the moment the door opened and then he released it. Once they where there he looked at her smiling at her. "I'll pick you up at 7. " He smiled and left going into the lounge to get a cup of coffee.

She made a face, but she knew that his response was the best she could hope for. "You better," was all she said. She let her lips linger on his, remembering everything that had just happened. She never wanted to have a last kiss with Stephen. She reluctantly let go of his hand once they reached the floor. "I can't wait," she said genuinely. She watched him walk off, wanting to follow him. She wanted to pull him into her office and kiss him and just be held but she knew that couldn't happen. They would probably have to try to avoid each other altogether during the day to avoid the temptation. She sighed, walking back into her office. She typed up a quick memo to send to the paper about the "real" circumstances surrounding Stephen and him being at her home. Then she sent him a quick email: Heading out early. Too much stress :/ But excited for later. always, cal xoxo.

She left the office and went to her favorite spa. The drama from the day made her extremely tense and she could practically feel the wrinkles forming on her face. She got a massage and sat in the steam room for a while to relax. Once she went shopping for a new outfit for her date, she had just enough time to get home and get ready.

Stephen signed the document her father had given him taking his time to do his work today. He then left for the doctor leaving work a couple minuets early. He took a cab to the er and then waited for a doctor. It was nearly 7 when he got back to his place his hand wrapped with surgical tape. He did wind up getting 2 stitches in his hand and an ex-ray. Once home he got dressed leaving his boxers at home and wearing a dark blue suit with a light blue under shirt and subtly patterned tie. He then went down and got a cab to her appartment arriving at her door about 5 minuets to 8. Knocking he smiled and stood in the hall excited to go on their date.

Calena rushed trying to get ready in time. She was running a little late and was a little surprised that Stephen wasn't there at 7. She was once again reminded of how new their relationship was when she realized how she couldn't even call to check on him. She didn't know his cell phone number or even if he had a cell phone. She hoped nothing had happened at work, or worse: at the doctor. She sat on her couch in her new pale yellow dress. It was strapless and had a form fitting corset waist the billowed out at the bottom a little, making it very flowy. She had matched it with white strappy heels. She decided to wear her hair up with a few strands left out on purpose to dance around her face. When she heard the bell she smiled and jumped up to open the door.

She beamed when she saw him, tugging him inside and closing the door behind him. "Way to be on time," she said teasing him, planting a kiss on his lips. She pulled back, to grab his hand. She held it up, scrutinizing the bandage. She was relieved that he had followed her instructions and had gone to the doctor. She sighed, looking up in his face. "I'm really sorry about all of this, Stephen. I really am," she said softly.

"Yea you made me go to the doctor now i can barely feel my hand." He laughed looking at her kissing her again after she inspected his wound. "The doctor took for ever to get me in and looked at all for 2 stitches. " He rolled his eyes chuckling softly as he backed up and looked her over. "My god you look amazing! " He smiled just setting there staring at her still stunned he was dating such a magnificent beauty.

She gave him a look at him saying he could barely feel his hand. "Two stitches is a lot!" she protested. She blushed slightly under his gaze and his compliment. "Really? You don't think it is too much? I just got it today." She beamed at him. "I'm really glad you like it." She stepped closer to him giving him a long slow kiss. "I can't wait to go out with you," she said with a smile when she finally pulled away. She then made a face. "We'll have to be...careful though. You know, about what we do and how we act. Eyes are everywhere." She reached up to caress his cheek. "I wish it didn't have to be this way. I hate having to feel like we're hiding.."

He smiled looking at her as she asked if he really liked it and he laughed. "Of course i like it it looks beautiful. " He frowned as she spoke of how to deal with the eyes around them and it made him sad. "I am going to act like I am on a date with my girlfriend. If your father does not like that his standards are to high. " He spoke softly looking at her hoping she understood how he felt he was not going to hide their relationship. He took her hand and lead her from the appartment to the elevator his hand laced with hers carefully.

She gave him a sly smile. "I was hoping you would like the color and everything." She looked away when she saw him frown. She didn't want to upset him but it was something they would have to deal with. She sighed at his words. It wasn't just her father she was worried about. He would eventually calm down and grow to accept things because she was his daughter. It was the rest of the world who didn't care about her emotions that bothered her. She gave a nod, not feeling like spending more of that day arguing about it. She would simply have to make sure she kept things at a relatively innocent level. She wouldn't completely reject his advances but she could regulate them. She gave his hand a slight squeeze as they left doing her best to look forward to the evening ahead and their first date.

As the elevator pushed down slowly a bright smile on his face. "My family has a small place in the middle of no where we could easily go there and vanish for a couple days. " He chuckled looking into her eyes leaning in and kissing her softly not really caring kissing and nibbling on her cheek. As the door opened he frowned and lead her out of the appartment still holding her hand leading her out to her car. "We taking a cab or we taking your car? "

Calena considered telling him about the numerous other homes she had around the world but she realized that his point was that they would be places the media didn't know about. She grinned, softly bumping her body into his. "I would love to just disappear with you somewhere. She returned his kiss since they were in the enclosed elevator. She shrugged. "It doesn't matter. But I didn't tell Rocco to be ready. He would have to bring the car around. Do you know the name of the place or the address?"

"No but i know the location its 4 blocks north of my house. " He chuckled softly he had never been one for names if it had not been for the search he did the night before work he would have forgotten her name. "We should go there some time... Once i get enough time in to work to have vacation time. " He chuckled softly looking into her eyes kissing her again giving her hand a light squeeze. "I don't mind waiting as long as i get to spend some time with you. " He smiled looking into her eyes before leaning in to whisper. "Does this mean you moving some things into my house is off?"

"We could probably just look it up on the GPS," she said, hoping that the restaurant was popular enough to be listed. She pulled out her phone and called Rocco to pull the car around. "We should definitely go. I bet it'll be very relaxing." She blushed a bit, slightly responding to his kiss now that they were out in the open. "Neither do I." She looked down at his question. "I--I think so," she said slowly. She didn't want to make Stephen sad but it was probably best to hold off on doing that. "Just with everything--it might be best, you know?" She sighed, looking back up at his face. "And this is all happening really fast, Stephen. I mean, we haven't even had our first date yet. It's a little early to be talking about that other stuff." She bit her bottom lip, watching his reaction.

He let out a sad sigh and looked a bit dejected at the thought things where moving so fast. It made him so sad to think that he was having to hold back because of what other people would think. He slipped his arm around her again holding her lightly to him staring into her eyes. "I hate the fact that we can not just let things happen because your father does not like it. Really if i felt like doing something crazy like sweeping you off to Vegas for a drunken weekend of wild sex and a marriage that we barely remember. I should be able to do that." He spoke softly not wanting to offend her just sort of blurting out his frustrations.

Calena felt a lump form in her throat at his reaction. She had crouched things in terms of other people but the truth was that she also thought things had happened a little too quickly. It was a battle between her brain and her heart. She also knew that she didn't want to get bored of Stephen if they spent too much time together in the beginning. She had never really had a true boyfriend before so she wanted to take it as slow as possible so she wouldn't mess it up. "It isn't just my father," she said softly. She laughed softly. "I would have to feel like doing that too, right?" She pointed out. It would have been fantastic to just take a few days and go to Vegas and have a good time. That would have been fine for anybody but Calena. She couldn't just let the cards fall where they may; she had more responsibilities. "I'm not saying we can't ever do that, hun. I just think that shouldn't be our focus right now. You have to focus on your new job and I have to focus on mine. Is that ok? Not forever. Just for right now."

He smiled at her as the car came up and looked into her eyes giving her a light squeeze. "I focus on my work at work and my girl at night but i understand if you want to slow way down. This is the fastest relationship i have ever been in. " He smiled and kissed her cheek again wondering if they would ever be able to escape the camera's. He helped her into the car greeting Roco and getting in himself once the door was closed he looked at her. "How bad is the press following you? I mean... i never even saw them yesterday. "

She looked back into his eyes. "Please don't be mad. It isn't that I don't like you or anything. I just--I just don't want us to get too caught up." She paused thinking about how to phrase her next statement. "I think we'll have plenty of time. There is no reason to rush." She greeted Rocco and told him they would be heading back to Stephen's apartment and would then find the apartment from there. She let out a long sigh. "It can get pretty bad. It's worse when nothing else is going on or like now: they get a whiff of what could be a scandal and they go in attack mode." She glanced out of the window. "That's how you know they're doing a good job. Always out of sight, but never out of mind," she said in an almost rueful tone.

"Maybe some day they will back off you so it can just be us. " He spoke softly looking into her eyes taking a deep breath looking into her eyes. He smiled brightly leaning in kissing her softly wanting so badly to just let things happen fast. "I understand you wanting to slow things down they where going far to fast. I just don't want everything that to back up I like where we are i just... lets keep it here for a while. " He smiled looking at her kissing her softly nibbling on her lower lip.

Calena shrugged. "Yeah, maybe." She moved her hand up to his cheek as she kissed him back. It was taking a lot of self control for her not to completely submit to Stephen. His touch was so intoxicating to her. "Right here is good," she murmured as he nibbled on her bottom lip. She stroked his cheek, smiling. "Did I tell you how dashing I think you look? The two of us? We are one serious knock out pair." She took his hand in hers and placed it in her lap, settling against him for the ride to his part of town.

"With you on my arm i could be wearing coveralls and look good, your quite the accessory. " He smirked leaning back into the seat slowly taking a deep breath relaxing a bit hoping she would spend some time with him tonight. He was already making plans for the time when them staying together over night would not be out of the question. He figured 3 months would be long enough to seem appropriate. He just hoped the press where good enough to stay clear of him he had far to short a temper to deal with them.

She grinned, imagining him in a pair of overalls. She leaned up to whisper in his ear. "I'd rather see you in nothing," she whispered. She pressed her head against his shoulder. "I'm glad it's the weekend," she said with a sigh. She was hoping to be able to spend at least a little bit of time with Stephen even if they couldn't stay in bed together like she originally wanted. Before long, they were back where Stephen lived. At a stoplight, Rocco turned around and asked for directions. A few minutes later they pulled up to a quaint Italian restaurant. Calena held Stephen's hand gently while they walked inside and waited to be seated.

"It is the weekend you could come back to Wisconsin with me. " He smirked looking over at her giving her hand a squeeze thinking there would have to be a way for them to sneak out of town together. When he gave the directions he smiled excited to have a reason to try the food here. When they where there he smiled being seated and asked for their wine order he pointed to her. "She knows wine much better then i do. " He chuckled looking at Calena smiling brightly his foot rubbing the inside of her ankle lightly. He loved the idea of being able to spend time with her even if they did have restrictions.

She raised her eyebrows at his suggestion. The first thing she thought of when he said Wisconsin was a farm. Calena didn't think she would enjoy anything that was primarily outdoors or involved manual labor. She did her best not to frown. "But we haven't even planned anything. And besides, it would be a really short trip." She squeezed his hand back, giving a sigh of relief. She was a city girl through and through. She smiled at his compliment before directing her attention to the waiter. "Hall Cabernet Sauvignon, please," she ordered easily. She grinned at him once the waiter left. "Oh would you behave!?" she asked playfully, feeling his foot.

He smirked and raised his foot slightly higher rubbing the bottom of her calf now. "I am being have!" He chuckled his eyes remaining locked on hers as he reached out and took her hand. "Who says we need to have plans. That is why it would be a good idea. It would take them days to find us and we would be home before they did. " He spoke softly looking down at the menu as he controlled it with his free hand giving hers random gentle squeezes.

Back
Top Bottom