Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Things That Annoy You in Anime/Manga ...

I am also really tired of the way everyone in anime is in school. As a man in his thirties, even if the plot goes off rails and totally fantastical and supernatural, I find it hard to connect with the constant insertion of school-themed problems to return to normalcy in a plot.

You really need to consider that most of the manga/anime we see in the west is targeted at school aged. I'll pick on Pokemon as a prime example; the main character is around ten (if memory serves). What parent in their right mind lets their ten year old wander unsupervised in the woods?!?

I also find Naruto-like characters to be a turn-off. I can watch about anything (sports related is also a turn off) but just....ugh.

Last edited:
Side characters that are interesting (usually aa thousand times more interesting than the main cast) only to get killed off.

I'd go into examples but... I don't debate my opinions on media so I'd rather just leave it at this.

Recently remembered how irritating it is to have child characters, or any characters really, have a really stupid reason to dislike the protagonist's occupation. An example being in My Hero Academia, where a child's hero parents were killed and he hates heroes for it. Huh???

Pedophilia. Love getting into a story, and then an elementary school kid is dressing like she's working the corner, and is also trying to get the MC's dick. More than anything, the way so many anime and manga tread into this territory has turned me off from it all. I'm just not into a story where the fan service is showing off a 14-year-old girl's panties.

Back
Top Bottom