Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kitten's Corner

EmeraldKitten32

Planetoid
I used to keep a crap ton of online journals. I always made great friends that way. But, when I deleted them after finally deciding that letting go was all I could do, I just kind of quit journaling. I quit writing all together really. So I figured I'd try again. Just a warning: I have no filter when it comes to what I journal about, none.
*sigh* Let's see, where to start? Since this is technically my first entry, and I don't really know many of you yet, I guess a little back ground info could be useful? I'm married and a mother of five. My grandmother died recently and I just got a new job as a housekeeper at a local hotel. These things maybe referenced in the future, however, not very often as I keep my home life separate from online, unless you become a close friend. Which has happened, so, who knows. My crazy ex decided to make a surprise appearance recently, after two and a half years of us no longer being in one another's lives. I don't know why, but it bothers me.
It was really hard to walk away, though she'd disagree and say something about my just being dumb. It really was. And now that she's randomly just popped back into my life, I'm a bit annoyed. I just wish she'd go away and stay away.
Sometimes I have these moments where I need to put all those 'dark' thoughts out of my head. (I'm fairly positive I am not the only one who has this issue.) So, that usually goes in my online journals too. I can't have everyone constantly worried over something stupid that was said in a moment of weakness. And I'm a sexual person, I like sex, and that as well comes out in my journal. Really my journal is probably the best way to get to know me. I let my guard down a lot when I write, at least I'm realizing that now. I also ramble, a lot.
Ok, well.

So it's really late. And everyone is asleep. Except me. And I feel like I want to scream. And I know I'm the only one who can stop the torment.
Damn it's hard though.
I was doing so good. Sure, there were times where she crossed my mind, times even where I still hurt. But I was getting past it, moving on, learning to let go. Then, here she comes again, with an excuse about pictures and needing my address. Why? Why does she have to do this? She insists she's not playing games with my head. I'm really not sure if I believe that.
Everyone says that I need to just let go, to move on. Nothing good ever came of us anyway.
I'm trying. It hurts just as much the second time around, though.

OK, just an update.
So, work got crazy and I lost my username and crap. But, I got it back so I should be around a bit more now.
Still dealing with my Gram's death, more like dealing with the denial. It's not going so hot.
Anywho, sorry I was gone so long. Now, I'm back. Haha.

OK. So, I just finished R.A. Salvatore's 'Gauntlgrym'. It was pretty good. The end was intense and that surprised me but, it's the first novel of his I've read. So, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised, no idea.
Drizzt has captured my interest and then Jarlaxle. So, now I'm confused and trying to figure out which book I should look into next.
Any suggestions?

So, I went to the bookstore the other day. I was going to grab the 25th anniversary edition of the first novel that Drizzt appears in, but they were sold out. Sad, I know. And I couldn't find just a regular copy, so I decided to try some other fantasy novels. I was hoping for a singular novel, not wanting to start a new series while I'm still trying to work through Salvatore's books. I thought I found it when I walked out with Luke Scull's 'The Grim Company'.
It's such a good read! And then I found out it's the first in a trilogy and the only one released thus far. Kayne and The Wolf are super sexy, in that barbaric way. And the story itself is crazy! I was pretty pissed when it ended and I had only gotten like six answers and about one hundred more questions. I've been trying to find a release date for the second book, but either I'm not looking hard enough, or there's no scheduled date. Gah! It's driving me nuts!
Anyone have any suggestions? I've been on a "get lost in novels" mood as of late and I'm bored with the vampire craze as well as the rewriting fairy tales as well. So, any suggestions are more than welcome!

Ah, Drizzt. A character so good he ruined antiheros for over a decade.

Only book suggestion I have at the moment is A Song of Ice and Fire, which I really can't recommend enough, but I'm pretty sure you already know it's good. If you want specifically Forgotten Realms, however, my favorites have always been The Avatar Series.

Trygon said:
Ah, Drizzt. A character so good he ruined antiheros for over a decade.

Only book suggestion I have at the moment is A Song of Ice and Fire, which I really can't recommend enough, but I'm pretty sure you already know it's good. If you want specifically Forgotten Realms, however, my favorites have always been The Avatar Series.

A Song of Ice and Fire, I don't think I've read that one. Thanks for the suggestions though. I'm such a book addict. Sadly though I've just discovered Forgotten Realms.

Thanks, again. :)

Wow, so I've been absent for a while again. I've got to remind myself not to do that. But, shit happens, right? Right.

I can't guarantee that I won't disappear again. It's not even that, I'm just not on as frequently as I used to be. I've been working more on writing my stories than roleplaying currently. I find a lot of peace in writing, of course, I find a lot of shit I haven't necessarily dealt with as well.....it's a win/win situation I suppose. Except for all those nasty feelings I've been neglecting. Ha.

Anywho. What else? Read another R.A. Salvatore.... 'The Thousand Orcs' I believe. It was pretty good. I had the next one, but I've no idea where I put it. I'm still trying to get all settled in and what not.

Separation is not fun. Every day feels like an emotional rollercoaster and I'm finding it hard to keep things straight. One moment I know I'm doing this for the right reasons and it's what I want. The next I'm on the edge of a dark pit, questioning everything from my sanity to my choices to my real motives. Grr.

Well, I suppose. That's it for now.

Hey, I'm back! I know, I said I was going to stop doing that disappearing for extended periods of time crap, but apparently I wasn't too serious about it. Haha. Anyway, got all my situations sorted out, well mostly. So I'm back to a fairly regular internet schedule. Usually at night.

So far nothing is all that different. Still separated, still trying to figure it out, still going back and forth on "Yes, we've made progress" to "Damn it, we just went over this!" Gah. So sometimes that's part of my absence. I'm just rambling really. Just thought I'd say hey, I'm back.

Hopefully I haven't missed anything.

Alrighty. I'm back, again! So, super long break this time, sorry. Let's hope it doesn't happen again. Even though there's probably only like two people who read this. Anyway. Ok.
Updates: No longer separated, the hubby and I worked things out. We also found a new house. Yay. I also had some medical issues come up with my mother, so that's been taking a crap ton of my time and focus. We also added another child, cat and dog to the family. So, it's been interesting.
Also, I read a bunch more of Salvatore's novels. The very first three Drizzt novels, and two that are towards the end or something. I'm really not sure where they fit. I also started A Song of Ice and Fire, very good so far. Pretty sure I'm only one the third book though. The Sword of the North finally came out as well, and I JUST picked that up. Yeah, took forever for my book store to get it in. (I know, I know, just order through Amazon. Maybe I enjoy the hunt for the book as much as the book itself. Just maybe.... ^.^)

On a probably unrelated note, I've been working on my writing a lot more. I've actually got a pretty good story going. However, reading TGC and ASoIaF, has led me to believe that I really suck at creating settings. So, this is something I need to work on. I mean, description wise, I'm pretty good. But the actual creative process of creating a land/place that I just kind of come up with on my own? Yeah, that's a negative. But....like I said, just means I need to work on it. My problem now is that I can't decide if I want to continue with my initial idea and possibly take said story and try to publish it? Or if I'd rather just post that somewhere and work on creating something from the ground up. Decisions, decisions.

I'm not entirely sure how much time I have to dedicate to rping specifically at this time, but I think I'll be figuring that out shortly. Maybe some setting guru out there will offer to help me work on working those creative muscles.

But that's about it, folks. At least I think it is. Maybe I'll post a few more short stories in that thread later. We'll see. So, hey again to anyone who might read these, and nice to meet you to the ones that are new and stumble across.

The snow is melting!

So much has happened recently. Everything turned upside down, but that's not something I really care to talk about right now.

I have some more free time to be around now, hopefully....

Haven't' had any time for reading or writing lately. It kind of sucks.

That's all for now.

Seriously, my last three entries in this thing have been me apologizing for being absent. Well....this one was literally four years, guys. Four damn years. So, a long time, and there's no amount of apologizing to cover it. So I'm just going to jump right back in.

My life is still as chaotic as ever, how bout y'all? Hopefully mostly good. Oh, hey, I posted the first four chapters of that story I was working on, on fanfiction. Yay.

Well, I'm hoping to be fairly consistent this time around. But....I'm not used to this new set up yet. It'll take a bit.

Y'all see this ridiculousness? 2016, 2020, now 2021. Psht. I'm terrible! Terrible at my commitments. Of course, I do have six kids that are a bit more of a commitment than this. Sorry lovers, you're all my favorites, but we all gotta life right. Anyway.

So some exciting things. New living arrangements. Much better this way. I am doing some freelance writing as a way to bring in some income since COVID and school don't sound like that great of an idea to me. It's not nearly as exciting as I thought it was at first. But I have had a few very interesting orders that have forced me to learn a few new things. I always like learning new things.

I also entered a writing contest at the end of January. Semi-finalists are announced in April with the finalist announced in July. I am terribly nervous but so proud that I actually stuck to it and made the deadline that I don't even care if they tell me I should never try writing a story again. I'm just glad I finally did it. So, I'll (try really hard to) update you all if and when I hear anything. You all. *laughs* As if anyone even reads this. But, whatever, maybe.

For now, I'm just planning to lurk around. I saw a request thread for someone looking to help write the idea/basis of a novel with them. I've always kind of thought that was a cool idea. Maybe one day. I have more chances to be online now and can narrow time frames and such down better. So maybe in the next few weeks, I'll try to pick up a few short terms and hopefully a long term. Y'all know I've been searching for a perfect long term. But, kind of hard when you keep getting caught up in everything else and forget to check back for a year(or four:ROFLMAO:).

Hope everyone else is doing good or better. Stay safe and stay warm.

Ok. So....anyone that's read my first entry knows about my "crazy ex". Er...sort of. I don't know how much detail I've gone into because honestly, I cringe when I go back and read my older entries. *sigh* I have always had a flair for the dramatic. Haha. ;) What is important to know is that she and I met when we were chittlins(14) and dated on and off until we were graduating. She was my first love. She was a rock in the storm that was my life - and I didn't even realize how truly hurricanic it was. Still, she was there. Always. I honestly thought I would marry her someday(well spend our lives together since same-sex marriage was illegal back then). I applied to a Christian college to be near her. (As an eclectic Pagan with Northern Heathen leanings....it was a huge commitment, ok?) But, at times, it was toxic and destructive. And still......up until recently I still considered her one of my best friends. Even though we occasionally didn't agree and she pissed me off....like all the time. She had been my everything through everything.

So, now that you have all that general knowledge: In 2017 my mother passed from cancer. Right before she passed, I had started coming to terms with and admitting that my mother was emotionally and psychologically abusive, and she allowed my sister and I to be sexually abused by her brother as well. All of this was being remembered(sort of. I have limited memory, my sister remembers it all. Why? I wish I fucking knew, maybe I wouldn't feel like a fake when I tell other survivors that I was a victim once too.) and it was hard to navigate the labyrinth this created. My mother had just died, I was crushed. This was a woman that I loved, who had given me life. And now I was without her. But at the same time, I had to admit that she had done some really horrible shit to me throughout my life, the worst of which was completely tearing apart my life and family. As time wore on, my sadness and missing my mother shifted and became something darker and more vindictive.

The ex happened to call on a pretty rough night. Hubby and I still couldn't live together yet, my middle son was continually being sent home for behavior issues, and I had to quit my job because I couldn't keep my kid in school. The night she called was a terrible night. I was pissed. Pissed that once again I was having to do ALL the work by myself. Pissed that I couldn't even get and hold a job because it was literally just me vs them six kids. Pissed because I just wanted to get back to my normal life, you know? Like, I've been through some real shit over my life ok. I mean, yeah, a majority of us have, right? But, y'all, I am not playing when I tell you my story has made people cry after they've learned it. Bawl. Me? I laugh. Cause....if I ever allow myself to crack, I'll never fix myself. When she called, I was in the middle of crying and cursing my mother(this is something I do at least twice a year to make sure that spiteful bitch will never find peaceful rest. She can wander eternity in the shadows for all I care. Not sorry a bit. Not even sorry I'm saying it.) and she got mad. "Don't speak ill of the dead." She told me. Bro, I lost it. Like....what in the actual....like, excuse me? "Well, my dad used to beat me but now that he's dead I would never speak ill of him." Well congratulations, good for you. If you don't want me to speak ill of your father, no problem. I can keep my opinions to myself. So....I lost my temper a bit, I'll admit. And I told her she could fuck off and if she didn't want to say the truth about my mother that was fine, but it was my mother, and if I wanted to curse her to wander the earth forever as a terrified and lonely specter...BRO! She's my fucking creator ok, not yours.

This inevitably changed the dynamics as I wasn't about to apologize for saying what I said, and she was truly convinced that I was a terrible person because I told her to fuck off over it. We never really talked that much anyway, but now it's even less. She called me once after that, while she's on the phone with some kid I don't even know, and then starts talking about how my vagina must be gross because I've had six kids. I haven't heard any complaints so....which apparently was also me being mean. And part of me gets it, ok. I literally have like no sense of humor what-so-ever. Step Brothers? Dumbest shit ever created. Ted? Who the fuck even thinks about some teddy bear wanking off other than immature men that have nothing better to do with their life than sit around laughing about dick jokes? I mean, no offense to a majority of men out there, seriously. But no woman came up with the idea for Ted. It's stupid. So, clearly, I have NO sense of HUMOR. I'm sorry. But she is one of those people that "jokingly" makes fun of everyone, all the time, about anything. I don't handle it well, and after more than fifteen years of friendship.....bitch should know, dude. Either she's seriously dumb.....which she's not, or she just does it to get a rise.

Well, fast forward to like last month or the month before. I reach out to make sure she's ok cause you know, Covid and I haven't heard from her in like a quarter of a year. We're chatting and stuff and she happens to mention how she's thinking of moving in with Bekah and trying again with Bekah. (*Bekah is for her, what she was for me.) I think Bekah uses her, so I don't think it's a great idea. She knows I won't think it's a great idea. But instead of telling her, she's being dumb, I told her how happy I was for her. And if they can make it work, then awesome, I'm happy. She deserves to be happy. So, I tell her that's awesome and I'm so happy and how beautiful it is. She's like "are you being sarcastic" and I'm like no? I'm being sincere. She's like, "all you ever do is be mean to me and cut me down, I can't believe you're being so nice about this." And....despite everything over these past few years. I realized how much those words really hurt me.

I had molded myself into what she claimed she wanted me to be, all the while it was never good enough. Even when she told me I had to move on because she did and then as soon as I find someone that makes me happy, she decides to tell me she's still in love with me, but now she'd never want me. I mean....I can't claim a bunch of innocence here either, ok. Abby and I were.....it was complicated. We were young. I was suffering from a bunch of shit I didn't know how to deal with - until I found out it all tied into the childhood sexual abuse. So, I wasn't very nice to her at certain times in our history either, I have blame. But....did she even ever know me? Or more importantly, did I ever really know her? Does she honestly believe that I don't care and I keep answering her calls because I enjoy the torture? Don't get me wrong. My life is finally back on track, things are looking up, I love my children and my husband more than life itself and I would never leave him for someone else unless shit was fucked up with him and I. But....I thought she knew me better. I thought she had listened. I poured my heart out to her so many times over the years. Even after I had gotten pregnant and then married. As I said, she was my rock in the storm, the only safety I could find in all the chaos that was my life. And she really thinks that I wouldn't be happy for her if she were happy? Y'all....it just kills me. I love her. I will always love her(for whatever stupid fucking reason). I was past her breaking my heart anymore I thought. And yet.....here I am. And yeah, I realize it shouldn't matter. It shouldn't make any bit of difference what she thinks, I know how genuine I am. And yet.....it does matter.

And I don't know how to make it stop mattering anymore.....I wish I could forget, or sometimes I do. I don't know, I'm so torn. And I haven't been able to talk to anyone about it cause most of my family doesn't like her anyway.

Idk. Thanks. Idk who reads this, but thank you anyway.

Have a good day. Stay warm and be safe.

Updates
Ok. So, we are all moved in. Yay. There's more work to do around the house, but it's so nice to have a place that's mine again.

There's also only like a little over a half a month til I find out the final results of the writing contest I entered. I'm so nervous it's ridiculous. Haha.

I have worked out a better schedule with my freelance stuff. So I can commit to short-term rps and maybe two long-term. I'll probably check out all the posts a bit later tonight.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hahahaha. This is probably a stupid question but.....does anyone know how to use fecking WordPress? I've been trying for a week and I have successfully deleted the two pages I was trying to edit, erased my blog, readded my blog without text, fecked up my WHOLE color scheme.....and I was literally just following tutorials. Even if you have like some youtube videos or other resources you could point me to would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
-Em

I can't even think of an excuse anymore.
Howdy, all. Here I am. Again. Yay!

Does it even matter what kept me away this time? Life stuffs. And mental health stuffs. And job stuffs I guess.

Honestly, I just don't even know how much dedication I have or can offer currently. Things have been so freaking crazy. Work picked up for a bit there, then slowed way down. And now everyone in the house as Rona and I've been off work. Figured it couldn't hurt to even just lurk around the area. I'd really like to do some writing again, but I also don't have much inspiration, motivation, or dedication for that. Guess I'm just hoping that maybe something small can help get rid of this funk. Maybe it's winter. Snow does suck.

I suppose. It is what it is.

Stay warm, be safe.

-Em

Fuck it. Forget why I disappeared, let's just dive in, shall we?

Work is fecking a pain. I've learned nearly every part of that store except pharmacy. Office assistant? Check. Bookkeeping? Check. Stock/receiving? Check. Magazines? Check. There's almost literally nothing to the floor end that I don't know. On a positive note, one of the fulltime floor ladies is retiring and I'm going to ask about stepping up into her position. So wish me luck. That would be cool. Full time, vacation, only one Saturday a month? Yeahhhh.

Also I have tried and tried and tried to make myself write something. Even signed up for like weekly writing prompts. And.....nada. It's frustrating.

Let's see, what else? Slowly moving into some healing with my mom/childhood/trauma. So slowly. But, slowly is still something, right? Right!

Anyway, I'm back around for a minute. Hope you all have been well.

-Em

How do you replace your muse?
Oye. It's been a minute. Not a whole lot new happening on this end. I've been thinking about starting a blog to try and force myself back into writing. Problem is I don't even know what blog sites there are these days or anything. WordPress is the one I see suggested a lot and I have still not figured out how to use it.

Got the whole weekend off. My eldest daughter wants me to cut her hair, so guess I gotta watch some YouTube tutorials. But should probably have time to be around here a bit as well.

I have an idea to take my fanfic and turn it into its own story. But I really fecking suck at world building. But I have a second story competing for attention in my brain as well. Perhaps I should just start both and see how they go. Idk. Would be a bit easier if I could actually make some words appear on pages when I sit down with the intention of writing. Ugh. All the professionals and shit say to commit to 400 words a day, or something along those lines. But literally nothing comes when I sit down to do it. Aye, part of me figures maybe I should just stop worrying about it. I love to write and maybe I should focus more on that for a while than what or why I'm writing? Idk.

Someone tell me where the muse store is?!

Back
Top Bottom