Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gotta Catch Em All

sorchasilver

Supernova
I've been a huge Pokemon fan for a long time, starting with Red and Blue on the Gameboy. My love for it only grew with each new game but the one set that has always stuck with me as my favourite was Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald.

Imagine my surprise (and incredible excitement) when I saw that Ruby and Sapphire are getting a remake, out this November. I AM SO EXCITE!

http://www.pokemon.com/us/

WHUUUUT?! They are? Is this real life? My roommate and I have a slight and secret obsession for Pokemon. :p We enjoy playing some Pokemon in our spare time sometimes. I've been debating a 3DS for a while now to try out the new X and Y, which I hear aren't near as awesome. But how can any new game compare to the original 150? I mean, seriously?

I'll throw my hat into the excitement for this game. I haven't done a whole lot with pokemon since Silver/Gold, but I still love the idea of pokemon and I do very much love role playing within that world.

I'd rather they make a new game. A new, fresh concept that they haven't done before. How about a Pokemon game where you start as a disgraced gym leader, and have to battle your way back to glory, while getting "revenge" on the people that screwed you over? Defeat the rival that muddied your name, defeat the other gym leaders that turned their back on you, crush the league that shut you out, and then reclaim your gym. Then you'll basically build your gym from scratch: type, design, puzzle, trainers, level. At any point you can open it to the public, and other players can choose to challenge your gym. To those that are Internet impaired, there can be an offline mode where it runs simulations based on the trainers and puzzles, and then you occasionally have to battle the NPC trainer that makes it to the end.

This is a simplistic pitch, but I'd really rather they do something new and not make the same game once again. It's almost as bad as Call of Duty and Battlefield at this point.

That's an awesome idea, Mitsu! I, personally, still want to see a game where we get the option to join the bad guys if we want.

Has anyone ever thought what it would be like if a Pokemon game like Red/Blue/Ruby/Sapphire and all the others were to come out on the PS3/PS4 and Xbox360/Xbox One? Just imagine what the graphics would be like, the world you'd explore, the pokemon and the battles themselves. It might just be me, but I wouldn't imagine it would be anything like Pokemon Coliseum or the game that followed that.

Honestly, I am tired of all f these pokemon games. I want one more game (or set of games). In these games, I want access to EVERY POKEMON spread across the different versions. It might have to be more than two versions, and that's fine. I just want to be able to fill the goddamn pokedex without having to trade from older games that no one plays anymore. "Gotta Catch 'Em All", but they don't let us! It's stupid.

@Mystic I would love to see a game that included all the regions.

@Galatic I used the GTS and a group on Gaia to fill my dex ^^' I didn't find it that bad.

Oh gods, not another one. I want to like pokemon, I really do, but they need to stop taking things away. Every game set, they add a new feature to the game and then they take it away in the next set for another feature. Anyone remember the pokemon beauty contests? Those were amazing! The secret hideouts? Not as cool, but a nice feature nonetheless. Friend safari, their most recent one, is also pretty cool too but I'll bet that it's gone now with this set; replaced by something else.

What good is adding new content if you've got to rob us of something else to make room?​

I'm not sure what to think of the Ruby and Sapphire remake... I'll hold my opinion until I see what new features the games have. Though I'm not entirely sure what the point of remaking old games is... Why not just make a new game?

I would love to see a Pokemon Snap 2, the first one was awesome as heck. And I know it will never happen but I still want a Pokemon MMORPG... I have a ton of ideas for an MMO. :p

Honestly, I'm not sure why an official Pokemon MMO hasn't happened yet, it seems like the perfect franchise for one. I mean seriously, it has MMO written all over it.

I'm just glad I got through Lavender Town without getting a panic attack.
I've been watching heavy-duty gore since I was 9, saw about 4-5 brutal, messy car crashes by the time I was 12,
and that's still the scariest part of my childhood.

Blue Hatter said:
I'm not sure what to think of the Ruby and Sapphire remake... I'll hold my opinion until I see what new features the games have. Though I'm not entirely sure what the point of remaking old games is... Why not just make a new game?

I would love to see a Pokemon Snap 2, the first one was awesome as heck. And I know it will never happen but I still want a Pokemon MMORPG... I have a ton of ideas for an MMO. :p

Honestly, I'm not sure why an official Pokemon MMO hasn't happened yet, it seems like the perfect franchise for one. I mean seriously, it has MMO written all over it.

A pokemon MMO would be the most bangin' thing ever. Game Freak! Shut up and take my money!​

I agree, a Pokemon MMO would be pretty awesome. It would need to be done right though. And the only reason I am excited for these particular remakes is because the originals were my favourite out of the series. My favourite Pokemon in the entire series showed up in that region <3 Absol is always in my party.

Omg I love Pokemon! I just downloaded an emulator on my phone a month ago and I already have 76 classes of pokemons in my PokeDex (50 caught and 26 seen). I also have Porygon from the frustrating game corner. Took me two hours to get 9999 coins! Right now I'm ready to face the Elite Four, but I need to train more. I have an overwhelming Blastoise lvl 67, lvl 32 Arcanine, lvl 40 Pidgeot, lvl 30 Snorlax, lvl 50 Articuno and a Lvl 30 Vileplume. Any idea where to train intensively and raise levels fast? I have the fire red version.

Professor Oak: "I came when I heard you beat the elite four."

Best quote ever.

Rauk said:
Professor Oak: "I came when I heard you beat the elite four."

Best quote ever.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I got that sexual innuendo there! And I saw it when I kicked Green's ass 20 minutes ago. I was lucky to capture Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno to face him. I also had a lvl 67 Blastoise, a Pidgeot that did quite a lot and a Hypno that didn't deserve any merit at all.

My mind and body is ready for more pokemon. Let's do this vulpix :O

thaeresize.png

Yeah, I haven't done any NSFW pokemon pixel art in a while. Tried to do some for Humbird0's game forever ago but other than that, I will stick to my cute trainer and her vulpix!

I found pokemon sapphire the other day. I got Pokerus ... but, internal battery ran dry. No berries. Ugghhh.

Just in case any of you might wanna' do yet another Pokemon run (like I recently did due to this), then I highly recommend for you to play Pokemon UltraViolet. At first the name itself might look a bit silly and you may say 'hey, anothet poor and overpowered hack!' But no, let me prove you wrong. LockSmithArmy, the creator of this hack, made so far the best FireRed/LeafGreen hack so far, and it's an official hack. It is so well developed that it looks as if it was created by Game Freak themselves. It has a completely new and animated PRESS START screen to match theme of the game. But the most important part is that you can catch ALL 386 Pokemons without trading. You heard me correctly. No trading, cheats, hacks or events. You can obtain them all legally: be it by surfing, fishing, walking, rock-smashing, evolving or by acceding to secret places. Pokemons that could only be encountered once (and recquired you to trade to get the second one, like Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan) now makes you grab both Pokemons. Trading to evolve has also been discarded, as all pokemons evolve at a predetermined level.

All in all, I really recommend it. So far I have 326 Pokemons in my pokedex. This really adds tons of replay value.

There is a virtual game boy site online that has some of the very old versions that you can play on it for free. ye, virtual gbx, most likely would be a good place to start playing them if you haven't before.

Back
Top Bottom