Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Frequently Asked Questions, Answered! Please Read Before Posting [Updated 11/22/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hahvoc The Decepticon

Singularity
Have a question about the site? Hopefully, this post will help you!

Be sure to read the Site Rules before progressing further into posting on the forums! They will, in most situations, answer any questions you might have. If you aren’t sure about anything and don’t want to post it publicly or don’t know where to post it, please feel free to contact a staff member from this list – staff is always here to help!

Help! My username is grey/I can’t PM anyone/I can’t edit my threads/I can’t see some forums.

If you have just joined the site, you may notice that your username is grey and that your site privileges are slightly restricted. More detail can be found in this thread here, but a few basics to know are:
  • You will need to wait twenty-four hours after joining and make three posts in the forums for your account to be automatically upgraded to full membership.
  • Probationary/grey username members cannot view people’s profiles, start PM conversations, or edit their threads during the grey period. This is normal and will change when your account auto-upgrades.
  • Posts in Forum Games do not count towards post count. To increase post count, consider posting in General Discussion, welcoming other new members in Introductions, responding to those who come to welcome you in your own introduction thread, or posting a Request Thread. Please do not spam to meet your post requirements.
  • If your post count dips below three, even after twenty-four hours, your account will revert to grey.
Does my thread belong in Questions & Suggestions or General Discussion?

As a rough guideline, any question that requires a fact as an answer or anything regarding suggestions for site functions should be posted in Questions & Suggestions, and anything that requires an opinion as an answer should be posted in General Discussion.

Things like site navigation, site functions, errors, bugs, BBCode or other technical issues, and site suggestions should be placed in Questions & Suggestions.

Things like first- or third-person point of view, what to include in your Request Thread, opinions on things like ghosting or god-modding, and general RPing preferences should be placed in General Discussion.

So, how do I start roleplaying? Where do I post my roleplay request thread?

After you’ve posted your Introduction thread and given the Site Rules a read, check out the guidelines for making Request Threads here, or stickied at the top of each individual forum. Request Threads are grouped by gender of character, not by gender of writer. Each forum has a stickied thread at the top that will describe what that specific forum is for. If you have a question about where your thread should be placed, please feel free to contact a staff member.

RP requests should only be posted in the Request Thread forums; contacting a user regarding RP should only be done via PM. Please do not post on other users' profiles, mention them in chat, or solicit RP in the chat box.

What’s a bump? What’s the policy on bumping? Should I post in other people’s threads?

‘Bumping’ your thread – or posting on it to boost a thread to the top of the forum – can be done once per twenty-four hours on each thread. Users are to have no more than two request threads in each forum – Males, Females, and Non-Binary characters – and are only to post in their own threads. Please do not post in other members’ Request Threads; PM them if you wish to contact them.

How do I change something about my account? How do I delete it?

If you would like to change your username, get rid of inactive account(s), or withdraw your account entirely, please contact an Administrator (users with red names).

How do I close or delete threads?

Users are not able to lock threads, but they are able to delete their own Request Threads once they have exited the introductory period. To delete a thread, click the three dots in a horizontal line near the top right of the first post of a thread. A drop-down menu will appear, from which you can select “Delete Thread”. Users are not able to delete posts of other members. If you require a thread locked, please PM a Moderator or Officer. Locking an active roleplay thread requires the permission of the original poster.

How do avatars and signatures work?

Avatars can be uploaded from your computer by clicking on your username in the top right corner of the screen and clicking on the square space next to your username. Signatures can be changed by clicking your username in the top right corner of the screen and choosing the ‘Signature’ option. You may not have access to all these features until your account leaves the grey period. Please make sure that all Signature & Avatar images are SFW (Safe for Work).

What are the titles under people's usernames?

Custom titles can be changed on your Account Details page, right under where your avatar is set. If nothing is entered there, the title automatically reflects the number of posts a user has made in the forum. Please avoid setting a custom title that is 'possessive'; i.e. "owned by [username]", "[username]'s [blank]", or anything else similar; it sends the wrong message about what our forum is for.

A breakdown of the default titles can be found in the spoiler below:

Dust - 0 posts

Space Junk - 1 post

Mini Meteoroid - 50 posts

Solar Eclipse - 200 posts

Lunar Eclipse - 500 posts

Milky Way - 1000 posts

Collapsed Star - 1500 posts

Bonefin Galaxy - 2000 posts

Super Nova - 3500 posts

Event Horizon - 5000 posts

Singularity - 7500 posts

Big Bang - 10000 posts

Minor Demigod - 15000 posts

Member of the Pantheon - 25000 posts

Question: I think my RP partner might be ignoring me or not getting my messages!

If a member isn't responding to a PM its usually best to move on. If you both have tracking enabled, it'll show if they've read your message or not. If one of you has it turned off though, it won't work.

But what if my messages aren't getting through?

Then it's a sending issue and you should try again. You can check this by opening your Sent PM box. Otherwise, it would pop up with a message saying that the user you are trying to reach cannot be PMed, ie either their PMs are turned off or they are ignoring you. If the sending problem persists, contact Karameida.

Question: I keep getting 'undefined'! What does that mean?

It means there is something wrong with the browser you are using and not the site. Your first step should be to clear your history/cache, remove add-ons, and restart.

Are there any other things I should be aware of?

Look over the Status Update Guidelines, Onsite & Discord Chat Rules if you intend on using the chat features, and take a few minutes to review the Reporting Guidelines to explain how to report things/what to report, and this announcement that Blue Moon is a writing site and is not a meat/meet market.

I have a question that isn’t answered here, or in any of the links you provided!

If it follows the guidelines at the top of the thread, please post it as a thread here in Questions & Suggestions, with a title that accurately summarizes your question so that other users who might be wondering about your issue in the future can find it easily. Titles that just say ‘help’ or ‘question’ should be avoided, whereas ‘avatar resizing issue’ works a little bit better.

Again, if you have any issues, please always feel free to approach a member of staff. Happy roleplaying!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom