Blue Moon Roleplaying Site Rules
Full participation in the site hinges on members reading, understanding, and being willing to follow the rules, so please make sure to read these in full. If the rules are updated, the title will reflect the date it was done, and a post will be made in the thread informing members of the areas of change.
If you’re a new member, welcome! The first thing to do when you’re done with the rules is to head on over to the Introductions Forum and tell us a little about yourself if you haven't done so already. The stickies at the top of that forum should give you a better idea on how the first few hours of being on the site works.
If you have any questions, feel free to message a staff member directly, or tag in one of us on your Introduction or Questions and Suggestions post by using an @ and then immediately starting to type the staff member’s username.
The rules will be presented, and then in the second post of this thread, the consequences for breaking each rule will be explained. Some things are left to a case-by-case basis, in which case staff will discuss the situation and come to a conclusion together. All appeals can be sent to our contact form.
1. You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to join Blue Moon Roleplaying. You must also agree to adhere to the laws of the United States of America, where the website is hosted. This is mostly common sense - don't make threats, don't post pirated material. Real-life images or videos of bestiality are also illegal in many US states as they are considered animal abuse.
2. If you see a rule being broken, please report it for staff review (more information on reporting can be found here) or contact a member of staff. If you have an issue with another member, consider using the site’s ‘ignore’ function. Along with this, respect staff and their time. Trolling (i.e. acting in a purposefully incendiary way) in general is not permitted, but trolling or attacking staff for doing their jobs is additionally unacceptable. Judgment of images and written material is at staff’s discretion; if staff decides that something is breaking the rules, it is breaking the rules. Appeals may be made through the contact page, but decisions are final. Members must be able to understand and communicate in English with staff.
3. Blue Moon is a writing site. We are not a psych center, a meat market, or any other type of support/meetup group. If your issues begin to harm the site, staff will speak to you or act as necessary. If you feel a member is harassing you, please use the report function or message a member of staff for further guidance. Member safety and comfort is our first priority, and while you may feel that it isn't harmful to you, it may be behavior that is harmful to others, and we want to make sure all our users are safe and having fun on Blue Moon. Seeking real-life meetups, real-life relationships, master/slave dynamics, or asking for personal information or photos of other members is not allowed. If a member states they do not want to be contacted by you again, respect their wishes and do not contact them again.
4. Loli/shota is not permitted on Blue Moon. This includes images (real or animated), videos, writing, or linking to any material that may include loli or shota references. If such references are found on your F-List, they must be removed before posting the F-List to the site. Blue Moon’s definition of loli/shota is anything younger than fifteen (15) years old and/or is pre-pubescent or appears to be pre-pubescent whether physically, actually, or mentally. Characters involved in, witnessing, or being near erotica/sexual themes/sexually suggestive themes must be fifteen (15) years of age or older physically, actually, and mentally. If "littlespace" (i.e. age regression) is used in roleplay and the "little" is under 15, it must not be in a sexual context. Images are to staff’s discretion and staff has the final word on what is or is not appropriate for the site. All real-life images used in roleplays of a sexual nature must be of people who were at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time the photo was taken. If searching for characters under eighteen (18), members must clarify in their search that all characters will be fifteen (15) and above physically, actually, and mentally. “As site allows”/”ages of site compliance” and other vague terms are not sufficient; actual ages must be written.
5. If you would like to use NSFW (Not Safe For Work) images in any thread, you have a few options. If you would like to embed NSFW images without using spoiler tags or links, you must include the term “NSFW” in your thread title, just as it is written here. If you are using spoiler code or links (how to do so using BBCode can be found here) for NSFW images, they must be individually labeled as NSFW or have an easy-to-read disclaimer before the spoilers or links that any spoilers or links may be NSFW. The site must always be safe for members to browse. NSFW imagery is defined by staff as any image that contains visible genitalia, visible nipples on female breasts, backside spread in a way to show the anus, people or creatures (drawn, animated, or real) engaging in sexual acts, or scenes of excessive gore. These will be judged at staff discretion.
6. All avatars, signatures, profile banners, and status updates must be SFW (Suitable For Work) as defined above. Custom titles must be SFW, and 'possessive' custom titles (i.e. "[username]'s [blank], owned by [username], etc.) should be avoided.
7. No self-nudes, no posting images of other people and claiming they are you, no posting other people’s images except for public celebrities/models, and no posting of other members’ information.
8. One member is allowed up to five (5) accounts total. This includes both accounts that are active and those that have been withdrawn - once you have made 5 accounts you may not create more, no matter their status.
9. Do not necro old threads. Threads posted in the Introductions and Questions & Suggestions forums are considered “dead” and should not be posted in after 7 days. Threads in all other forums (other than your own Request Threads) are considered “dead” after one month. The only section this does not apply to is Forum Games.
10. Members are allowed two (2) active Request Threads per request section; this means a member may have 2 threads in Roleplay Requests by Males, 2 threads in Roleplay Requests by Females, and 2 threads in Roleplay Requests by Non-Binaries. Threads are considered "active" if the last post on the thread is within 30 days of the current date. If a request thread is tagged as 'Closed', it is still considered an active thread if it has been posted in within the last 30 days. Bumping your threads is allowed once every twenty-three (23) hours. This means that a full 23 hours must pass between posts on any request thread. Creating a request thread counts as the first post. A bump is defined as any post, whether you are just posting 'bump' or posting new ideas. If you have new ideas before the 23 hours is up, please edit them into your original post or into an already existing post. Deleting old bumps or threads and reposting them before the 23 hours is up is also breaking this rule. No posting in other members' Request Threads for any reason.
11. No spamming and no soliciting. Please do not send the same message in PMs to multiple members. If you would like to contact a member about roleplaying, please do so without using the same copy/paste message for multiple members. If your message can be sent to another member with little change, it is not suitable to send. Links used for image/GIF/video references must be links to already hosted images/GIFs/videos; links that lead to downloads on other members’ devices are not permitted. Staff reserves the right to use discretion on whether spam was malicious or accidental. Please do not advertise Discord groups, other forums, or any other roleplaying sites.
Please do not post/advertise any sort of GoFundMe/money-raising links onsite. Commissions for money or services (including but not limited to art or writing) are not permitted on Blue Moon. Blue Moon takes no responsibility for any currency or goods that exchange hands even if this rule is broken and commissions are sought on-site.
12. Plagiarism (the copying of another member's content, includes writing, art, and Request Threads/plot ideas, and claiming them as your own) is not tolerated. This includes posting ideas from other members that you acknowledge are not your own, but that you do not have permission to use.
13. Keep negativity and hostility off the boards. Staff discretion on what is and is not too negative for the site is final. If you see a problem on the forums or on Discord, either hit the report button or seek assistance from an Officer or Administrator. Do not attempt to play moderator. Please note that any issues that arise on a venue other than Blue Moon Roleplaying or BMR’s Discord server (i.e. emails, Skype/Discord, phone/text) are unable to be moderated by staff. Shaming members is not allowed anywhere on-site, Request Threads and Journals included. No matter what your reasons for it are (and ‘humor’ will also not be an acceptable explanation) any shaming of members is subject to removal at any time. No shaming anyone else’s writing, kinks, preferences in regards to genre or plot, styles, or anything else.
14. Reporting emails from Blue Moon Roleplaying as spam is not permitted. This can cause issues for the site and its hosts. If you would like to stop receiving email notifications, there is a setting in your User Preferences for doing so. If you need assistance with this, please contact a staff member.
Other Links To Review
Frequently Asked Questions — A more comprehensive FAQ.
BMR Helpdesk — A resource on how to get started here on BMR.
Chat/Discord Rules — To explain the dos and don’ts of site chat and Discord.
Status Update Guidelines — A resource on what you can and cannot do with statuses and profile posts.
Reporting Guidelines — When to report, and how to do it.
Request Thread & Bumping Policy — Request Thread-specific rules and guidelines. You can find these at the top of each search thread section.
Blue Moon Roleplaying has an appeals policy for all bans. Anyone banned can contact the site via our contact form and may state their case there. All appeal decisions are discussed by staff and staff decision is final.
If you have questions about the site that are not covered here or in any of the other provided links, please feel free to contact a member of staff. We are always here to help!
Be sure to check back once in a while for updates.
Last edited by a moderator: