Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Write a Note to Your Younger Self

Life is important.

Thinking critically for yourself will hurt a lot but it will be totally worth it. Do it. Do it as soon as you can.
Experiment more. Don't wait til marriage to have sex. Don't be so judgmental about sex.
It's ok that you're a lesbian, I don't care what your community has told you your whole life.
Learn early how to be more outgoing and less sensitive. It's ok that you're an introvert, but you also get lonely. Learn to accept that you feel awkward and not let that hold you back.
For crying out loud, find out if you really want to be a submissive whether part time or full time and go for it!
Learn that your ontological/biological family is not your most important support system and take away their power to hurt and control you.

The only thing that comes to mind that I would tell my younger self would be to never hook up with that parasitic bitch that I met on World of Warcraft. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, as we all do, but she's the only one that I truly regret.​

1. Those cool kids aren't so cool, so don't be their little bitch.
2. You have two sisters and no brothers, get over it. Other kids would love to have siblings.
3. Stop wishing to get into a car crash, it's not cool.
4. Your parents saying no to you getting McDonalds isn't them starving you.
5. Don't make that racist comment in front of the whole school.
6. Stop drinking those weight lose shakes, your like 50 pounds.
7. Don't cheer for that mean girl just because others are.
8. Introducing your little sister to bloody stick figure games isn't the best idea.
9. No, being older isn't as cool as you think.

Last Day of School

Honey I know it seems tough right now, and it's not going to get easier for a while. He's going to be terrible at everything important. You're going to see your sister succeed, go to school, have so much fun- without you. But she'll have a sister, yes it's a girl, you're going to find that out next week. And he's going to be so terrible, but I promise.... And when he's gone it will seem that much harder. I promise Chelsea, it will get better. And better and better. They're going to be so beautiful and amazing and joyful -and you'll thank God every day for what has you crying right now. Just believe, and love.

Love,
You

Dear self,

Get off your damn high horse and stop holding out for the "Hot girls" You're going to regret it when you get older! The hotter they are, the crazier they are, TRUST ME! If you don't change your mindset, you'll miss out on the opportunity to be with some wonderful women that you thought were "below your standards" They grow up too, and they become some of the most intelligent, thoughtful, sexy, responsible women you'll ever know!

PS: Don't trade away those 2 Black Lotuses. They're going to be worth lots of money!d

There's not 20 layers to every social interaction. Those kids aren't being mean to you just because they're popular. If someone seems like they're being nice to you, just chill out and let them be nice to you. You're actually the one being a dick by being so aloof and refusing to engage with any of them.

Also, you don't like any of the people you think you do. No, not even them. You don't really know them, you just like the idea of them. You have no concept of what you actually like in a person because your shitty childhood rendered you with no concept of who YOU are, so figure that shit out before you waste your twenties. Yes, not just your teens. Your TWENTIES too. Also go to therapy, and don't go to college.

I'd just send a Kurt Vonnegut quote:
โ€œMany people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.โ€

Talk your brother out of going to private school and stay home. He killed himself earlier this year. From grade 8 to 12 he left home and went to a private school... Preparing for what exactly?

Hey, me.

Weโ€™re not going to stay Mormon. Itโ€™s a load of repressive rubbish used to manipulate you into feeding cash into a literal corporation. Atheism is in your future, so lighten up on all the repressed guilt youโ€™re laying on us for liking the idea of sex. And, seriously, youโ€™re in Germany right now. Take dad up on his offer of having a few of the good beers in exchange for kicking some of your allowance into the beer pool. The stuff in the States isnโ€™t as good, and youโ€™ll regret missing your chance.

Hi. You're autistic. Technically it's Asperger's, but whatever. Go find a counselor to help you deal with it. Dealing with Asperger's will probably help ward off depression as well, but if it doesn't then you're already seeing a counselor who can help you deal with that as well.

Go kick some ass.

Don't join the Navy. Everyone is a person. Be kind so you don't have to be cruel.

Don't.

Join.

The Navy.

Hey. Kid. Listen close.

You'll come to know who your real friends are later in life, and that the only kindness ever given to you were nobody but complete and total strangers. Your cousins? They're only in it for themselves. There are some good ones, don't get me wrong. Except for one. That one will be the one who you will hate with every fiber of your being until finally, the final patch of dirt covers his casket. You don't need to know why. Your aunts and uncles? Some become useless slugs. One dies, but not the one who you think it would've been. Everyone who you then come into contact with from then onward will only become a vulture, waiting for the next scrap to come their way.

But hey, hey, hey. It's okay. Nothing to be afraid of. Remember what mom always said, that she wished she could see the world through your eyes? Remember those times when your optimism just put smiles on everybody's faces? Hold onto that optimism. It was what made things so much better for everyone you met. But be prepared to be compared a LOT to your uncle on the Old Man's side of the family. Not for nothing, but if you had those blue eyes everyone keeps yappin' about, you'd be a dead ringer for him.

As for your legs... Well... They say you won't run 400 meter dashes, but you're sure as hell gonna climb mountains. Lots and lots of mountains that'll be the size of The Matterhorn. Sometimes, you may be doing that on your own. But it'll be okay. You'll get to that mountain top. And when you do, take a minute to enjoy the view. Revel in your accomplishments. And more importantly, know what you want to do in life. But then again, since you love tinkering around with computers so much, stick around in Kansas for a bit and take up some Computer Science classes at KU.

One other thing. Don't get attached to something that isn't there. It's only going to lead to heartbreak. Focus on what matters, get all your work done and then go for that A+ Certification. Hell, aim for a Bachelor's Degree and then make something of yourself. On a final note before I send you on your way... Don't ever lose that smile. Don't give up. Work hard. Trust me on this, you'll come to appreciate it a whole lot more at the end of the day. It may be hard at first, but if you stick with it, keep your head held high and move forward one step at a time, you'll get there before you know it.

With Regards,
An Old Friend

P.S.
Oh, by the way. You'll meet a true to life Wiccan along the way. Don't be scared, though. They're cooler than a moose. And lastly, and I mean it this time, don't be afraid to ask for help. It's not because you're dumb or whatever, or that someone's gonna think you're weak or anything like that, it's just when you think you're at your limit, don't think you can Superman your way around. Trust me, you'll get hurt doing that shit.

"Major in French, or Spanish or something, instead of Sarcasm.

It won't be near as much fun and you'll be bored out of your skull, but at least there'll be more people crying at your funeral."

"Take the offered job interview at Wang. Your career can't do worse than it is now."

You will endure hell, you will be forged in the hottest of fires. Your heart will be broken, your friends will abandon you, your health will fade, your sanity will take beatings. You will endure, you will learn, you will remember, and you will rise, greater and more terrible then ever before.

Learn Japanese. If you're going to be a nerd, do yourself a favor and commit rather than miss out on a huge aspect of your pop culture life just because you don't know the language.

Back
Top Bottom