Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Write a Note to Your Younger Self

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
If you could write a note to your younger self what would you say, what advice would you give?

I would tell myself never to pick up drinking and to focus on me instead of worrying about everyone else.

I dunno, this is hard. I've earned so much from the good years I've had but there was so much stupid shit stuck between the cracks that I wish I'd avoided.

"Do not date that girl in first year of university. Focus on your grades instead!"

Do your school work in high school. It was all piss easy anyway.

Mitsu said:

THIS, omg, YES ^^^. I never had a problem with sex - I always liked me as a partner better anyways, right from the beginning - but highschool was stupid easy and I took naps instead. I woulda told me to "just do it; bullshit your way through, they seriously won't know the difference" because they didn't. Which is sad, and deserves a totally different discussion.

Mitsu said:

I would like to add on to this. High school was piss easy but do not assume post-secondary is! Try, work hard, and put in the effort!!!

1. Just let it go and move on, otherwise you're gonna grow up to be a sociopath who's only semi-real interactions are with people online.
2. Just don't even bother having sex, you're writing was much better before you lost your virginity.
3. Don't join softball cause for some reason it makes me you more heavy handed and you're drawings turn to shit afterward.
4. Just stay the hell away from kasai, he will wreck your entire life.
5. Your mom is gonna be ok, don't give up cause it all works out.

1. Stop believing your mother's insults-she was too wasted to even mean it.
2. Getting arrested for drunken fighting is not 'cool' so stop that shit now!
3. Don't start smoking! It's expensive and smelly and you'll regret it!
4. Do NOT go out with Joe, he'll put you in the hospital regularly.
5. Take the fuckin scholarship to MTSU and stop being so goddamn picky!
6. Ignore what others think and be yourself-don't wait 15 years to look in the mirror and be ok with yourself. (It's ok to be Takei!)

You have worth, don't let others dictate what that is for you.

There is someone out there who will truly love you unconditionally.

You are stronger than you give yourself credit for.

Don't get influenced by others so much, and find your own way instead of following others.
Kids are assholes, but you're better than anyone who has, and will, hurt you.

Also
KEEP ALL YOUR POKEMON CARDS. They'll sell for quite a considerable amount later.

Do what makes you happy, even if others have issues with it. If it's not hurting anyone, there's nothing wrong with it. Plain and simple.

Keep up the writing, you'll be glad you did.

Learn to let go of the past. Sure, it's shaped you, but dwelling on things will only stifle you from moving forward.

You will never be alone.
Never.
And for the love of God, never stop drawing.
It's painful as fuck to lose that talent.

You don't have to be the strong one ALL of the time, your siblings don't need micro managing just coz you're the oldest.

Stop wasting your life in worrying so much about everything.

Don't be ashamed to love the one who loves you back, no matter what. Souls don't have a gender.

For fuck's sakes, speak up for yourself more often!
The hell with what people think. Do what you love and love what you do.
Sometimes the hardest choices in life are the best ones. Regardless, follow your head and heart. Both tend to be right more often than not.

Likely tons more but for sure I can say those would be there somewhere.

1) That guy you chased all of high school will not be worth it in the end.
2) Keep up with your psyche meds.
3) You'll never find happiness in that needle.
4) Fuckin' do your homework you lazy turd!

1) Yes, you are bisexual.
2) Don't fight it.
3) Don't be ashamed to be so feminine.
4) Maybe you should go out on a date.
5) With a guy.
6) Or with a girl.
7) Don't be ashamed of being so afraid. You weren't given a chance at a normal life.
8) No. You're not a loser.
9) If you want to service a girl, do it.
10) If you want to "perform" for a guy, do it.
11) If you want to be and act more feminine, do it.
12) Tell a fucking psychologist all the horrors you went through. NOW!

Justin, I think you were writing to my younger self too! I need to borrow that list! :heart:

*You don't have to do what all the others are doing-that doesn't make you unique, it makes you a sheep.

*Don't give up, don't give in and it's actually a good thing to believe in yourself.

*No, glasses don't make you look like a dork.

Dogged said:
Justin, I think you were writing to my younger self too! I need to borrow that list! :heart:

*You don't have to do what all the others are doing-that doesn't make you unique, it makes you a sheep.

*Don't give up, don't give in and it's actually a good thing to believe in yourself.

*No, glasses don't make you look like a dork.

I don't like it you went through unpleasant things, but I like it that someone understands. Buddy request sent.

1. Sell your sports cards now, or trash them altogether. They're not worth shit anymore since everyone in your generation was collecting them anyways. Explain to your old man it's supply & demand, he'll understand.
  2. Also trash your room and throw all your other sports crap away, as your favorite team will only betray you down the line.
  3. Sell your legos as well.
  4. Use the money to get you into software programming and computer science, but remember that both Arithmetic & English are your strong points in academia.
  5. Read your dad's books more often as well; especially the Science-Fiction and Enlightenment books.
  6. Drop your friends. When push comes to shove, they'll mean nothing. In fact, you can guarantee you'll never see them again.
  7. Forget your crushes as well. They really aren't worth your 2 cents, and you'll find someone better down the road anyways.
  8. Don't let your old man sell his gun collection. Remind him how they're just tools.
  9. When the time comes, invest in Google. You'll become a rich motherfucker just on that alone. Plus, Google is just all the more badass.

Should have bought more GOOG
Motorcycles > Cars
It gets worse, but it definitely gets better
Trust your instincts
Learn a few more languages and study Muslim beliefs, you'll need it when you go overseas.
You join the Army, best worst idea, ever.
Eat healthier and drink more water, your body is the best tool you'll ever have. Plus you'll get laid more, also use protection, trust me, there's a thing called "Jersey Shore" and you'll start to believe in retroactive abortions.
Save your money
FNORD

Back
Top Bottom