Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Return to Wonderland ((Angelic and Cheshire Cat))

Cheshire raised his feline eyebrows at her eruption, rebuking him for his comments and he repressed a laugh that threatened to burst from his throat. Instead, he contented with muttering to himself, "Well, pissy much? Take a girl out of her world and she goes crazy..."

He padded out in front of Alice and the Hatter looking through the railing to the center of the room where there milled a gathering of what couldn't really be called people although there were some human looking ones down there. "You're lookin' at the rebellion, Alice. We're all that's left to halt the Queen." Announced the Hatter, grinning down at the gathering. "And maybe," Added Cheshire, looking back at Alice, "With your arrival, we might actually get someplace." The Hatter took the lead, leading them around the edge, his hand resting gently on the bannister, "C'mon, let's go, I'll introduce you." He said, over his shoulder and suddenly in front of him appeared a set of stair which definitely wasn't there before. Acting as though this was just a part of daily life, which it was, the Hatter descended, Cheshire following and slowly shifting into his human form as he walked. The crowd noise that usually accompanied...crowds, had stilled as they watched the two 'men' walk down the stairs with a young woman in two. It wasn't long before whispers began to spread like wildfire as they gazed at her, speculations, guesses, but even talk was stilled when the Hatter strode up to a podium that wasn't there before.

And it wasn't.

Holding his hands up for silence, although there was no need, the Hatter began: "Wonderland. We are in black times. A time of fear, of death, of pure abject horror." Cheshire stepped next to him, his grey eyes scanning as every eye was fixed upon the speaker.
"What if I told you we could end it? What if I told you that our solution was a mere grasp away?"

"Yeah! Like you've said before!" Came the shouted reply, followed by some laughter, but others shouted him down. The Hatter nodded, "Yes, yes, I admit, this wouldn't be the first time, but, my friends, this time, I'm sure! This is what we've been waiting for, this is our freedom!" He looked over at Cheshire and nodded. "We've found her." The Cat said, his hands clasped behind his back, the air was still as everyone awaited his next words. "We've found Alice." This time, a gasp was apparent as it rippled through the crowd.

"Alice?"
"The Alice?"
"I heard she died..."
"She's come back?"

Cheshire waited patiently for the noise to subside, "Alice is the key. With her, we will end the Queen's reign! We will take back what is ours, and we will make Wonderland what it should be!" He roared, bellowing the last line and holding a fist straight up in the air. The crowd blew up, their cheers resounding and echoing as they threw their hands in the air and jumped. At long last, Alice had returned. Alice had come back. They were saved. Cheshire looked back at her and grinned, wide as was his trademark, then gave her a short nod, wondering silently to himself as to how she would be able to take this. He hoped to God she wouldn't cry, he had no clue what to do with a crying female.

((Oh my God, I am sooooo sorry about how long it has taken me to respond. >.< I have gotten MAJOR writers block with some of my storylines and plots lately and this unfortunately was one of them. >.< I am sooooo sorry!!!))

Alice honestly didn't know what to expect as they walked down the staircase, but there was quite a bit of people or creatures from Wonderland in there. It was quite surprising, really. She didn't really know what to do when they walked down to a bit of a podium that had just appeared out of nowhere. She really didn't understand much of this right now. She also couldn't ignore the stares that everyone was giving her. She could hear whispers and she wondered why they were all whispering about her. It wasn't like she had died or come back to life or something along those lines. Some of the stares were quite hostile and others were open and welcoming. It was quite a hard thought to know that some of them actually thought that she was to blame for some of these things. The Queen was quite mad all on her own and she didn't really think that it was her fault that the Queen had gone this mad. Well, unless you counted the fact that it was kind of her own mind in here. Or at least, she thought that it was. What was weird to think about was the fact that most of these creatures were just a part of her mind and that some of them were parts of her heart and mind put together. And that was quite the scary thought because the Hatter, though matured now, was quite insane and so was Cheshire, to be honest. And the fact that she had some dark part of her that had made up the Queen and some older characters that she remembered. Like the Jabberwock. Alice shuddered at the thought of that mean old thing and she hoped that someone had actually killed him. He was probably a little bit more cruel than even the Queen was. Or at least, he used to be, but she wasn't sure about that now.

Alice looked at Hatter and the Cheshire as they said that she was the key and she wanted to hit them again. How could they say that? She had only managed to escape the Queen and her guards last time! She had not managed to defeat them and she thought that that was what they were expecting to happen. Of course, her attention got split when she heard some of the audience whispering that she had died. Her blue eyes widened and she looked over the crowd silently to see them mostly watching her and not the Hatter or Cheshire. She watched as the crowd threw back comments at Hatter about how he had said stuff like that before and Alice almost groaned in frustration because it was obvious he still didn't always know what he was doing! And he was acting as though it was just a simply matter of Alice just being there and it wasn't! She was going to have to defeat the Queen and she honestly didn't even know how to do it!

She watched the Cheshire and she glared at him angrily when he said all of that and then she heard the crowd roar with enthusiasm and she couldn't believe that these two had managed to get them excited when Alice was just a teenage girl! She smiled as best as she could at the crowd, but she wasn't actually going to say anything this time and she just smiled kindly at them before she grabbed Cheshire in his cat form by the scruff of his neck and grabbed Hatter by the back of his shirt and pulled them away from the podium to a more private section in the room. The crowd mostly watched with interest, but started to talk amongst themselves as she had Cheshire hanging by the scruff of his neck in her hand and Hatter stumbling backwards before she let go of both of them. "Okay, are you two mad?! Well, okay, let me take that back because it is quite apparent that the two of you have completely lost it!!! I do not know how to defeat the Queen!!! I only managed to barely escape last time and you two are telling all of them that I am the key?!? Either there is something that I do not know and you are not telling me about this or else you two are just hoping that I know how to destroy her!" she whispered harshly to the both of them.

Mid-grab Cheshire shifted back into his human form, leaving Alice in hold of his hair, a very tight hold, which caused his teeth to clench together and a very low growl to rumble from his throat. Being released he ran his fingers through his hair smoothing it out, giving an affronted look to Alice, laced with slight arousal. The Hatter straightened his coat pompously, sniffing and tipping his tall hat at a rackish angle. "Mad?" Asked Cheshire, "Do you even have to ask?" He threw a hand back at the assembled masses, "Look, Alice! Look at them! Despite a few hateful glares, look at the hope in most of their eyes! If anyone's going to get 'em out of this mess, it's going to be you!"

"Not to mention," added the Hatter, "You can-"

"Shut up." Cheshire interrupted, a bit too quickly, then said, as if to amend, "I mean, you have the power, Alice, not like...well, not that you're powerful, I didn't say that, you can be powerful if you want to, it's just you-"

"What Cheshire is trying to say," Said the Hatter, interrupting in turn, "Is that you can control these people better than any of us can, you are a new face, a new hope AND you can-"

"Shut up." Said Cheshire again, shooting Hatter a warning glance. "Besides, Alice, it's too late to turn away now, I mean, after we hammed you up and all." He guestured back to the podium where the people were waiting expectantly, "They need you Alice, they need someone who can get them somewhere, throw over this evil reign and lead us to freedom. Believe me, we've tried," He waved a hand between him and the Hatter, "It's just that, although we do ok, we're never going to make it because we don't have the..." He coughed, then shook his head, "Please, Alice. They need you." He repeated, "...We need you."

The crowd began to grow a little restless and somewhere, Alice's whispered name rose, climbed, soared and soon the congregation was chanting, chanting her name over and over, even the ones who were doubtful, who weren't sure, even they had been turned by this unnatural tide of trust, of even desperation. A smile flickered in the corners of Cheshire's mouth and he waved to the podium again, this time finding that words were not needed, he believed she knew what to do. The Hatter merely rolled his eyes, "They're waiting."

((This may or may not be short because I seriously don't know how to draw it out longer than what I have in mind. >.<))

Alice truly felt like she had a migraine coming on now because of these two total lunatics. It seemed as though these two really had lost their minds even beyond what she remembered. And she was beginning to wish that she honestly had stupid tea parties that were absurd to worry about than stand here and listen to these two actually argue their way through their statements. And besides that, there was something that was bothering her quite a bit right now. They seemed as though they were hiding something from her that was about her. That was not something that she liked either and she knew she had to get them to tell her what was going, for real and not their made up version of things. Because there had to be a reason that they so vehemently believed that it was her who was able to make such things happen when she had just been a child before! At least now she had the sensibility to deny them what they were saying because she just could not defeat the Queen! And she needed to make that known to them at this very moment!

"If I must say so myself, you two are really in need of a mental hospital, you know that? I think you two need a reality check!! How am I supposed to defeat her? With my little bows in my hair?!" she exclaimed exasperatedly. It was quite obvious that she was becoming infuriated with the two of them. "Aside from the fact that she has an ENTIRE army at her side, you two, does she not also have the Jabberwock? Who, if I remember correctly, was quite a vicious beast and I do not want to go up against him either!! I do not even have the means to defeat her! And you two are hiding something from me, and I know it. Why is it exactly that you two have such faith and confidence in my ability to defeat a woman and her army when even me myself does not think I can?!" she questioned firmly.

It was quite clear that she was not just going to let these two get away with making her make a pretty speech in front of these many hopeful people. Besides that, it was cruel to put it into their minds that she COULD defeat the Red Queen or the Queen of Hearts. Oh Lord, whatever they liked to call her now. She honestly did not like the idea that they were putting false hopes into those peoples hearts and minds when Alice really had no way of defeating the Queen.

Back
Top Bottom