Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Return to Wonderland ((Angelic and Cheshire Cat))

AngelicGrace

Lonely Goth Gal ~ Mistress of Procrastination
The day was slightly muggy outside that morning and most of the afternoon, but it was not as if the young teenage girl could much differentiate the weather outside at that moment. The young blond teenage girl was wandering through the more wooded area of the city in her blue and white dress that she was still wearing after five or so years. Though obviously as she had grown and her body had grown from little girl to a young woman's body, the dress had been re-made and sowed again to fit her new form. In those past five years Alice had grown up quite a bit. Her body was a bit taller and a bit filled out, but still not to the point that she was considered anything but petite. She still had her lovely blond hair and her beautiful blue eyes that sometimes did make her look like the perfect portrait of innocence, but she had grown up quite a bit in the past five years. She wondered very much after her little adventure down the Rabbit Hole and wondered how much of it was real and how much of it was her mind. It was hard to figure it out and too many things had happened in her life now for her to be worried about the Rabbit Hole and the crazy things that happened in that weird place.

After she had gotten out of the Rabbit Hole, she had learned that she had to grow up and stop living in her world of nonsense. She definitely did grow up and learn the things that she needed to and perhaps a little more than was appropriate for a young woman her age in their time. Though as of the last few days things had gotten worse. Her family had just been lost in a fire in their house and Alice knew that she was to blame. Those kinds of thoughts in a young female her age were not good for the mind and Alice wasn't in a good frame of mind to begin with right now. There had been a fire that Alice had smelt before everyone else and she had panicked and ran outside in a panic. She had forgotten to tell everybody else about the smoke she was smelling and so her family was gone in a world of red and orange flames. Alice didn't know how she was supposed to deal with this grief and the blame with her family gone. She didn't know how she was supposed to survive in this world! It was hard to know how she would make it without a family to help her along or how she was supposed to marry a respectable young man.

She wasn't paying attention to where she was going as she walked along the dirt path in the woods and that was when it happened. She gasped as her baby blue eyes widened in shock and fear and she slid down a hole. And once again, she couldn't help, but wonder if this was her mind. She had been asleep the last time that this had happened, hadn't she? Or was she really awake? Lord, she didn't know anymore! She covered her eyes as she felt herself falling slowly through the air and she wanted to push down her skirt of her dress, but she didn't want to open her eyes to meet what sights and sounds she would surely meet when she opened them. She knew that she was going to have to open up her eyes when she hit the bottom, so it was probably better to do it now than any other time.

Alice opened her eyes and was shocked to see the sights that awaited her. The world around her, the Rabbit Hole, was torn and dark and almost bloody. ((Really trying to go with depression here. >.<)) It was darker than she remembered it being there and when she looked below, there was nothing, but darkness. The hole itself had changed and it was made up of sharp thorns and shattered mirrors that had once been whole. Her image in them was distorted and rather scary, so she looked away as she tried to remember that it was all in her mind.

Within another few minutes or so, she landed on her feet, once again upside down and she softly let herself down to the floor below. Her soft brown shoes made a soft sound as they hit the floor beneath her and she looked around with wide blue eyes. It wasn't the same place that she had landed before at all. Sure there was a floor beneath her, but it was just a couple of squares of checkered tile and then there was nothing, but dirt ahead. She looked around more and the trees looked like something out of a nightmare. They were a dark color and they seemed almost as if they were monsters ready to strike her at any moments notice. She felt a few tears start to well in her eyes as she thought this couldn't be the place that she had known before.

His tail twitched as he watched. Through the copse of trees and down the path leading to the Rabbit Hole. Oh, the Rabbit Hole, source of all the abnormal energies. Legend says that was how Wonderland became wonderland, how everything became altered and people were able to do things they weren't able to do before. How some were able to disappear, grinning widely.

People like himself.

Padding out of the copse he gingerly made his way to the Hole, keeping a careful wide eye on the girl inside who seemed to be quite distressed. She looked awfully familiar...
Darting to the edge of the pathway, Cheshire peered in, his ears undulating as he sniffed. That scent was awfully familiar too. Jumping up, he floated to the top, slowly disappearing, from his tail, to the last of his smile and hung just right above the entrance, waiting. He would find out who this new arrival was, perhaps she could help them. Ever since Alice had left years ago, Wonderland had deteriorated, pulling itself into ruin after the Queen of Hearts began a rampage in vengeance for all that Alice had done. Now, there was no Wonderland, you couldn't call it that, anyhow, every day was a struggle to survive as battallions of cards roamed the kingdom and the countrysides bringing in those suspected treason, or stuck on some other ludicrous charge. Cheshire had managed to evade capture so far, but even an invisible cat can't keep one step ahead forever. The Hatter was bound to talk, he was mad after all, and when they caught him and his little group, Cheshire would follow soon after.

Alice didn't understand a single thing that was going on as she fell into the Rabbit Hole and landed there on her feet. The world around her wasn't light up and bright with colors and interesting characters at all. It was so dark and lonely. She didn't really see anyone around her and that was even more frightening in this place because it was dark and there were many trees that looked as though they wanted to attack her or hurt her. Though she knew that was impossible because they were trees, right? Trees didn't attack people, but in her defense for that absurd thought, it was the place that had the impossible. Though, she really did wish that she would see a friendly face, but she knew that she was also frightened of seeing any of them because what if they had changed as she had? What could she expect from them? Were they just as crazy as before or even more so now? Though, she knew that one person that she didn't want to see was the Queen. That woman was more than likely even more insane than before, but the thing that was confusing Alice was how much Wonderland had changed. She didn't understand how it had become so dark and horrible looking like this. It was as if something evil had taken over Wonderland with how scary and monstrous things were looking on the inside.

She started to walk from the small tile of checkered floor that she was standing on and it was quite hard to see what was in front of her like this. Her small feet weren't really making any noises as she softly walked further into the almost impenetrable darkness. Her blond hair and her bright dress were the only things that were really standing out in the incompassable darkness of the forest. She felt like crying at that moment, and she was honestly thankful that she wasn't actually a huge size or a tiny size like before, but that was just another oddity that had happened to Wonderland. She couldn't even call it that anymore because where the forest had been bright and full of cute and odd little creatures, now there was just gnarly trees replaced that looked almost as if they were even bloody and their bark almost looked torn.

Alice felt as though she had been walking for quite some time in the darkness and she was certainly starting to feel completely lost in a world that, once again, was complete nonsense. There didn't seem to be anything around her that made sense as she looked around for the same signs that had led to different parts of the world, but there was nothing on the trees except for bark. The branches didn't even have leaves and Alice felt as though she was starting to become chilled in this cold and lonely darkness.

In her opinion this was probably worse than feeling alone in the real world after losing her family like that because of the fact that here there were supposed to be people who she knew. Though, she was sure most of them would more aggravate her than anything else right now, but at least she would feel as though she were safe again. Perhaps the Cheshire Cat was somewhere around here because he was the invisible cat and perhaps he could help her, although his riddles were certainly enough to drive her out of her mind at times. But to her, at that very moment, she thought that it was worth a shot to at least try to see if he was around. "Cheshire Cat? Are you there? It is Alice." she called out. Unfortunately, there was nothing, but darkness that met her sweet voice and the only hope that she had was lost.

Ah ha! Now that's why she seemed so familiar! It was Alice after all, come back from the dead! Well, not really dead persay, but it would fit into the situation at the moment. And why not? Cheshire had stealthily followed her (as much as an invisible cat can stealth) after she had made her way out of the darkness of the Rabbit Hole, tracking her movements as night quickly fell and the forest seemed more grabby than ever. Which was an annoying point to be sure, some of those trees sure could be clingy, just one night, and next thing you know you couldn't get their roots off of you.

Cheshire laughed suddenly at the thought, the sound seeming very, oh so very out of place in the evil looking forest. Everything had changed after all, and Cheshire really couldn't recall when last he heard a laugh, aside from his own, that wasn't tinged with madness. Wait...scratch that, even his own, at times carrying the hint of insanity. Why, just the other day he was having tea with the Hatter, the poor Dormouse and the Mad March Hare excluded because the poor beggars were deceased. The Dormouse taken out of the false charges that he had attempted to poison the Queen, when all the daft thing ever did was sleep. He was beheaded. The Hare was killed in a daring raid on the Card Castle. Daring it was, alright, but heavy with failure. Nowadays, it was only the Hatter and Cheshire who came together for tea, ah, for the old days. But, anyway, just the other day:

"My dear Hatter," exlaimed he, "I would like to discuss and wonder as to why we are referred to as 'mad' and also as to why whenever we get the chance to laugh, which is rare in these days, why it sounds as if we are hysterical."

"My dear Cheshire," remarked the Hatter, dipping his pocket watch into a pot of hot tea and then smearing it with butter. "I've no bloody clue."

Then, to which we both erupted into peals of laughter. Mad laughter that is.

I laughed again, hanging suspended and still quite invisible, just right over the head of Alice. I didn't think it fit to answer her request at the moment, and through sick humour, which I had aquired after this world was changed, I wanted to see her fret about and wonder as to where, perhaps, this laughter came from.

Alice really should've been scared when she heard that mysterious and rather mad sounding laughter, but to her very much delight, she placed her hands on her slender, but curved hips in the same dress she had before and wasn't afraid to confront that as always creepy laugh. "Okay, Mister fat purple and pink cat, if you think that is going to scare me more than you are mistaken. That is obviously you, so why don't you just come out and inform me about why everything is so different? Or perhaps just throw out your confusing riddles and then disappear annoyingly with that stupid wide grin of yours? Or are you even madder and crueller than you were before?" she said in a voice that was quite sane and firm. Alice had heard that laugh enough times to know whose laugh that was, though it certainly sounded different than it did before. She was certainly not that naive little girl who would just sit there and look every which way to figure out where it was coming from. She had grown up quite a bit in the last five years and she was not afraid to treat this insane people and creatures with authority. It was quite obvious with the way that she was handling herself for the most part that she had grown into a young woman instead of a childish little naive girl. "I have nowhere to be and I can do this all day, Cheshire, so either come out and explain everything to me, or take your creepy insistent laughter elsewhere, understand?" she said to the darkness.

Normally in her life she wasn't as firm and authoritive as she was being, but he was being a bastard as always and it wasn't as if she wasn't used to his behavior. After all, she had had many dreams about her adventure down the Rabbit Hole and the characters and creatures that she had met. She remembered most of them with amazing clarity and she had always figured that it was hard to forget them because of how mad and insane most of them really were. As she was standing there in the dark, she got rather close to a tree and she jumped back slightly when she watched its roots come out and try to grab her. "Oh that is just fantastic. The trees actually do attack. Brilliant. Fine, you creepy fat thing, stay hidden for all I care." she muttered grumpily. She was rather tired of her life taking bizarre turns for the worst and it was rather annoying to have some stupid fat invisible cat following you and trying to scare the life out of you with his creepy laughs. She was more afraid of the trees than she was of that stupid thing. ((God, you can see she loves him so much. >.>))

She started to walk again as she was mindful of the roots to the trees because that was the last thing that she needed right then. She felt as though she was starting to get rather thirsty and hungry at that moment, but there was nothing around her, so that was hopeless. She sighed wearily as she finally stopped after another twenty or so minutes of walking through the dark forest and she crossed her arms over her chest. There had to be a way out of this creepy forest to perhaps somewhere she could find food, though most of the food in Wonderland made you big or small, and some place that she could rest for a while. Though, she wondered if she really wanted to sleep at all in this place, but she thought she might need it if she was going to have to withstand some of the crazy things that were surely her way.

With that thought firmly in her mind, she started to head off of the path that lead almost straightforward and started through the trees. The darkness was almost enough to make her trip and stumble her way through, but she didn't suppose that mattered if she didn't make it out of there. If only that damned cat was more helpful than he really was then it wouldn't be so hard.

"Why, my dear Alice," began he, allowing his grin to appear right in front of her as she tramped her way, seemingly grumpily, through the dark forest, each tree straining to reach her, whispering in their husky, leafy voices that only the Cat could hear, begging her to stay, only one night. Sickos, the lot of them, beggars, one and all.

"You insult me with your non-tolerance. As much as I can remember of you, you seemed to be quite open..." Cheshire's eyes then appeared, blinking slowly at her, "Whatever happened to the young Alice of old, hm?" The eyes disappeared, yet the grin remained, floating in midair, following Alice.

"And mad, Alice? Must I reiterate once again what I told you so long ago, as I seem to remember...what was it you said? Ah, yes, you asked whether you should meet the Mad Hatter, a fine fellow by the way, or the March Hare and I said:"

"Oh, visit either you like, they're both mad."

"But, I don't want to go among mad people," You said, in that simple minded logic of yours, to which I replied, "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad." And so on and so forth." A paw appeared out of thin air and waved away the conversation. "But, it IS awfully good to see you again, Alice dear, whatever brings you back to the old haunts?" The eyes appeared again, followed by a second paw, then the rest of the head, then the body, "Oh, and as you can see, not quite as fat as I used to be." One yellow eye winked lazily at her and he flipped over backwards, reclining in the soft forest breeze to show off his new thin physique. "You did hear of the Queen's takeover, did you not? Or is it correct to assume that when you go back to your world you don't hear anything of ours?" The Cat flipped over again, resting his head on his paws, "Either way, we're all living in terror, Alice, that is, those of us who've retained our sanity. Lost a couple of the old fellows along the way, I don't suppose you remember the Hatter, do you?" Cheshire's paw straightened out his whiskers much like one would straighten out their mustache, almost in a very villiany manner that didn't really help with his appearance as he wasn't very good looking to start with.

images

Alice rolled her eyes at the stupid cats words. This creature was possibly the most annoying creature that she remembered aside from that damned ugly Queen. Though it was rather ironic in her mind because she rather liked cats especially her own little kitten that had grown up to be a beautiful and sweet cat, but that like everything else in her life was gone. So, the fact that she thought this cat was rather annoying was so ironic to her that she actually almost laughed despite the obviously crazy situation she was in AGAIN! She thought it was rather amusing for her that he had expected her to be the same little girl that she was five years ago or perhaps time worked differently in this world than it did in the real world. She thought that that was probably a very plausible thought. This wasn't exactly the place for people with a sane mind or the way even a sane world would work, so it should only make sense, ha, that was funny, this place make sense! But it would only make sense that perhaps time was warped down here or something. That was rather funny though and she actually smiled just a little at the very thought that that had been such an ironic thought.

Though that really wasn't the case here, now was it? Hadn't he just said something about the Queen taking over? Hmmmm, now that sounded rather odd to her and she wondered why the Queen would take over Wonderland like that. The last time she had seen her, she had been rather content and happy in her little place with her stupid games and her ridiculous accusations, so what would make her take over Wonderland? Was it because of her and what she really hadn't done? She looked at the Cheshire Cat and was rather impressed with the fact that he was not the ugly fat thing that he used to be. He wasn't the best looking cat in the world, or er, whatever, but he was certainly looking much better than he did when he was so ugly. He had a nice whiter coat a bit with the purple strips, but really he looked more just like an evil somewhat and somehow beautiful cat rather than just a fat old thing with a sick sense of humor. There was the strangest compulsion in her to actually reach her hand out and pet his fur just to see if it was soft as it looked, but she thought that that must mean that she was REALLY lonely these days to feel that way about this obnoxious creature.

"Well, to tell you the truth, Cheshire, I grew up after I left this place. I realized that places like this didn't really exist and that it truly must've been a dream. Although, the fact that I am down here again makes me truly wonder if it is just another weird dream of you odd and insane creatures, but the fact remains that obviously the Queen has changed Wonderland and it certainly is not very wonderful anymore. How could I forget the Hatter or the March Hare?" Alice said with a slight tone of sarcasm. Her rather childish side was wanting to ask how they were in a rather childish manner, but this wasn't the world she had known five years ago. This world was dark and it seemed like it was a terrible place now. She could only imagine the kinds of things that now went on in this place.

"So, why did the Queen do this to Wonderland? And it is correct to assume that when I am not here I hear nothing of this world. I do not even know if this place actually exists, Cheshire, or if you are just in my mind. It would make sense with how dark this world is in comparison to my own mind right now, so that really wouldn't surprise me that much. What did everyone do to the Queen to make her do this?" she asked curiously. She wasn't sure that that was the right thing to ask, but she was going to ask it anyways.

"Pish, posh, Alice, you really are making my head hurt with all your 'Oh, is this real?' nonsense, if you don't think about it, it won't bother you, now will it?" Exlaimed the Cat, rather frustrated. He let himself down, his paws touching the leaf carpeted forest floor daintily and he wrapped himself around her legs, his tail entwining around her calf. "Grown up? No one grows up, Alice, everyone just gets quieter, that's all, just a little bit silent than they started out, still filled with their own thoughts, wondering, theorizing."

Cheshire slid between her legs, almost sensually before padding out in front of her, "I'd do well to forget the March Hare, Alice, he's dead. A lot's happened since you ferried away, you know, lost a lot of your old friends. The Duchess, remember her? The one with the boy who turned into a pig? Couldn't stand the fact that he was really gone and committed suicide, nasty business that. The White Rabbit? He's off rotting in some dungeon in God knows where, him and Bill the Lizard, both in chains on some trumped up charge or whatever." Cheshire scoffed as he lead the way, "Twiddledee and Tweedledum separated after they got back and decided to finish that bout over the broken rattle, the crow that passed by that last time you were there, Alice, came back, swooped up Dum and we haven't seen him since. Or, rather, I have, I just don't think I'd tell Dee on the account of it'd be too shocking. Disgusting way to go, really." Sighing he looked back, "The Queen's gone mad, Alice, more mad than any of us could even dream about, we're all crazy in our own little way, yes, but Her Highness," said he, with a hint of sarcasm and disgust, "Has really gone off her rocker, has ever since you disappeared Alice, claimed you messed up this world, came through and ruined the natural order. She's sent battallions of her card soldiers throughout the country side, jailing and executing left and right without remorse or second thought. The Hatter managed to get away with the Caterpillar and a few others, got their own little group going, they do, a little rebellion against the Queen. Can't say that's been going well, we've lost so many..."

Cheshire stopped, sitting back on his haunches, staring out into the darkness of the forest, his purple back to Alice, "We've all changed, my dear, we're linked to you somehow, for the life of me I don't know how, but we are. Take a look," His paw encompassed the surrounding area, "Dead. You might have some people blame you, Alice, they've got every right, we've gone with your sanity, and I know you're slowly losing it, we all are. Slowly changing with you." He turned to face her and sat up on two paws. With each passing second he grew taller and lengthened, his face shrinking and morphing in a seemingly horrible manner, to accomodate a growing nose, a wider face and slightly smaller eyes. The fur disappeared along with everything else, save his tail and his large purple ears. In no time at all stood a slim semi-human figure, a thick purple striped tail sashaying behind it, the ears twitching occasionally. He was clothed, suprisingly, one would think that he would shift quite naked, but that was not the case. A purple jerkin covered his top half and tight fitting breeches (also purple) adorned his pants, leaving his feet bare. "Although," He said in a low sultry voice, a little different sounding than when he was a Cat, "I can't say it's been a bad change..."

Alice felt the Cheshire Cat move in between her legs and rub sensuously against her stocking covered legs. It was a move that she was sure even the most insane and somehow intelligent seeming cat would probably due when near a human. She remembered the many days and nights her own kitten would rub that way against her legs and it was a horrid reminder of the things that she had done. And yet at the same time she couldn't find herself to be upset with the Cheshire for doing it. Alice listened to everything that he had to say with growing sadness and it only seemed to bring on much more guilt than she wished she could feel. She had grown up and lost that childish pettiness, so shouldn't all of them have as well? Perhaps, including the Queen? But not apparently, that wasn't how it worked and although that was the case, Alice couldn't help, but feel as though Cheshire was the only one who might've retained a bit of sanity. She wondered why that was and even more curiously, she wondered who everyone in Wonderland was supposed to be represent in her life. Or what they represented. It was saddening for her to see that this place had changed so drastically and once again it was her fault. But there was something in her that thought that at least some of them were gone and didn't have to live the rest of the horrors that some of them were having to be put through right now.

Alice truly wished there was a way to bring peace to this world. Even though she was older and everything and probably just as afraid of the Queen as the rest of them, she knew that this place was like a safe haven in her mind. A place for her to find peace and yet at the same time the chaos that obviously was a part of her soul. She didn't really think that she was mad, but the Cheshire was right that her mind was starting to slip because she didn't even know what day it was. She had just been wandering aimlessly through the city and that was how she had ended up here again she supposed. Although, Alice wished that she could stay here forever instead of having to return eventually to that world and facing the cruel realization that there was no one left for her. At least here there were still friends, though, she didn't know how good that would be if most of them blamed her for what was going on when it wasn't as if it was something that was easy to control. They should all try to live with the guilt and pain that she had been living with for the past....Her baby blue eyes widened slightly as she realized that she didn't even know how long it had been since the incident had happened. It was as if time was completely stripped away from her and she didn't know anything about when it was or any of those normal things.

Oh, perhaps the Cheshire was completely right and she really was losing her mind. She was about to say something when he turned towards her and then leaned up on his hind legs. He looked much like a dog begging for a treat when he was doing that, but that wasn't how it stayed for very long as she watched in mild horror as his features changed immensely. They elongated and morphed into human like features. Her eyes widened to large pools of almost innocent blue jades eyes because of how shocking it was to see him of all creatures in human form. It would've have been like watching the White Rabbit become human except for maybe a bit more horrifying than that had been. But how in the world had he done that? Apparently he had changed the very most since she had left and she couldn't help, but feel strangely curious about it. He wasn't even full human with his fluffy white and purple ears that were twitching occasionally like a cats and his beautiful thick tail that was swishing back and forth. Her hand slightly came up to cover her mouth as she acted the part of a Lady that she had been raised to be in the last five years, but she couldn't help except step closer to him to look at his features. Of course, she didn't know how close she stepped until she was barely inches away from him. It was weird that he was actually a handsome human figure with his grey like eyes and his very long purple and pink hair that just made him look his part, but so very male and she wasn't sure what else.

The tone that he took as a human or at least almost human form, the voice and tone he had sent a delicious string of shivers down her slender spine and she realized then that she was standing much too close to him. She stepped away, but she couldn't help except to continue to look at him in fascination. "I don't understand. How can you do that?" she asked curiously. There were other weird feelings that she was fighting within her that she didn't understand either. It was almost as if there were this magnetic pull towards him and his handsome features and that soft and smooth as velvet voice that sounded so....sensual. She thought that perhaps it wasn't right for her to be feeling those kinds of things for a Cat, but he certainly didn't look the part of a Cat. At least not wholly. And somehow the fact that he had only had his ears and tail made him look so much more majestic and mysterious.

Cheshire shrugged his human shoulders, his ears flattening slightly as his tail curled itself around his calf, "I don't know myself, it just happened one day, and about a week after that the Queen went on her little...thing." He waved a hand dismissively and trotted down the path, his tail reaching out behind him to beckon to Alice, "Do hurry up, if we want to reach the Hatter's before nightfall we're going to have to make some fast tracks." She smelled funny when she saw him, the look in her eyes smoldered with...with...well, Cheshire couldn't quite place it, it wasn't really something he saw every day. But he had liked that smell, so heavy, so sweet, and if he tried, he could still catch whiffs of it in the breeze. His tail curled tighter around his calf in spasmic delight. He looked back at Alice and raised an eyebrow, "Well, are you coming or what? We need to find-"

"The Hatter?" Cheshire was cut off suddenly by a figure who stepped from a small group of trees. "Dear Cat, you've found him already." The figure stepped into the light, a hand placed on the brim of his tall stovepipe hat. He had also drastically changed in appearance since Alice had saw him last, now thin and gaunt, sideburns reaching from his temples to his chin. His eyes glittered dangerously it seemed as he took in the Cat and Alice. "Good to see you're still alive and moving, Cheshire, but may I ask who is this lovely young lady with you?" At the mention of Alice he proffered a low bow, sweeping his large hat off of his head and bringing it across his chest, revealing very matted and greasy hair that managed to actually look good on him. "It's not often we see women of your stature in these dark woods, fair one." Smirked the Hatter, sticking his hat firmly on his head. With a sudden move he drew a flintlock from the innards of his coat, pointing it unflinchingly at Alice, "Which I could only mean to assume that you are a spy of the Queen's, and therefore must be shot." His sudden change in politeness was certainly startling to the shape-shifting Cat, "But, Hatter, this is-"

"Quiet!" Barked the Hatter, his pistol unflinching, "You should know by now, Cat, that the Queen has many ways of bewitching you and bringing you into her grasp, why else would she send such a dainty looking creature this far into our territory? Hm? Recall what happened to the Carpenter?" Cheshire nodded, slowly, then said solemnly, "I do, Hatter, I remember, but this is-"

"Then, you should know, Cat, that this woman might be a whore who would look to slit our throats while we slept! Just as the last witch did to the Carpenter!" Before Cheshire had a chance to defend Alice, the Hatter gave a piercing whistle and from behind every tree and emerging from every bush, poking from every hole in the ground, came the most motley assortment of individuals imaginable. Things ranging from what looked like walking hedgehogs, to a crossbreed of a centaur and an eagle. Of course, with a smattering of humanoids among them. "Now, reveal yourself, whore," Challenged the Hatter, not allowing Cheshire to get a word in edgewise, "You work for the Queen, do you not?"

Alice was so preoccupied with her own thoughts that she really wasn't paying much attention to what the Cheshire was saying. She had obviously heard him say that he didn't know how this had happened, but she stayed in her place as she watched him start to walk ahead. There was just something so different about him in this form and she couldn't quite place it as she looked on at him. He startled her a bit from her thoughts as he looked back at her with those gray eyes of his and asked if she was coming. She nodded slightly and started after him, only to be startled once again when she had another man appear. Although, he looked a bit familiar and she found out why when the Cheshire said "Hatter." So, that was who this was, but even for all his politeness, there was a dangerous glint to his eyes as he looked at her. She wondered honestly what that could be about and why he didn't recognize her at all. That, in and of itself, was revealed as he pulled a pistol out of his jacket somewhere. Alice's eyes widened as she saw it point at her and then heard his words. Anger and shock flashed through her baby blue eyes as she looked at him and she opened her mouth to say something to him, but he started to talk again. So, they couldn't even recognize her anymore? Had her mind and state at that time really affected them so badly that they couldn't tell it was her and not some spy of the Queen? Though, really, his words were quite insulting considering that he was calling her a whore and a witch when she was absolutely no such thing! It infuriated to a point that she didn't know she had and when he finally finished talking, she gave the Hatter a lethal look that surely could've killed him with a single glance.

"First of all, I can see that obviously I have grown up too much in the past five years, which for the record, I do not look that different except for maybe a more young woman look than a child's look, but for goodness sake, I am still me! I really do not think that I have changed that drastically over these past five years or else I would not even be wearing the same clothes! Has my mind entwined with this world really done that much damage to all of yours? I was not trying to cause chaos here when I left, but I was going to die if the Queen got a hold of me, so what else could be expected?" Alice paused for a moment as it actually felt like heart ache at the fact that her coming and going of this world caused them this much pain. For some of them they might hate and blame her for what had happened, and could Alice truly and honestly blame them for thinking such things? No, she really couldn't blame them for thinking such things because in all reality she did cause this chaos for them. She just wasn't sure what there was that she could do about it. She was sure that if the Queen saw her again, it would be hard for her to make it out of there alive this time because surely the Queen wanted Alice's head more than she wanted anyone's. And there was some dark corner of her mind that wondered if that perhaps wouldn't be a bad thing to happen. She wondered if everyone in here would be better off, just like in the real world, without her. That was an even more depressing and dark thought that she had thought it would be, but truly what was there that she could do? In many ways, in the past, she had looked upon her memories here and even truly missed some of them, but now she came to a world were some of them hated her. Now how was she supposed to deal with that? Wasn't it bad enough that she had killed her family, but now she had to deal with the guilt that she had caused a lot of deaths here as well?

Those kinds of thoughts truly were enough to make her want to cry, but she pushed it back for the most part because the crying would never stop anything from happening and she was sure that was what she must prevent. She knew that she mustn't hurt any of them anymore than she already had. "Hatter, it is me, Alice. Do you not remember me? Do none of you remember who I am? Although, I am sure that some of you hate me for what has happened to this world and I truly cannot blame you, but let me try and help you fix this. I am here now and that is what matters. I would never side with the Queen over any of you because most of you mean quite a bit to me, so please, let me help you stop this madness." she said, not just to the Hatter, but to Cheshire and the rest of them. Though, she couldn't really understand her feelings for Cheshire right now, she felt as though she could depend on him more than anyone at that moment and she found that rather odd considering how unhelpful he used to be. Her eyes found him and she looked at him before she looked away again. Feelings stirred inside of her that she couldn't understand. Perhaps it was attraction? That was the only plausible thing that she could possibly even think of. He was a handsome creature now and to make matters worse, she was no longer a 12 year old little girl who knew nothing of desire and attraction. Sure, she didn't exactly know what it felt like to feel those things for anyone, but everytime she laid her eyes on him, she felt a little spark inside of her and it heated her body and she was sure her cheeks turned rosy everytime she looked at him for the thoughts that ran through her mind.

Alice thought that that might be the biggest problem of all. As much as she wished she could stay here forever, she didn't think anything would allow her to. So, would it be right to feel this attraction and desire to the Cheshire's human form when she knew that eventually she might have to go back? Was it right? More than likely, no, but she couldn't help but to feel it and it was hard to keep her gaze from wandering back to him just to see his handsome features again.

"Alice?" Exclaimed the Hatter increduously, yet he lowered his pistol an inch, "The Alice? The Alice of old?" Now the pistol was lowered to his thigh and he took a step forward, squinting. Cheshire managed to have a sigh of relief, glad that the whole lot didn't just jump on the poor girl and bludgeon her to death. The Hatter took another step forward and his eyebrows shot up and his eyes widened. "Alice! Of course, I didn't...oh, my, I could've..." He rounded on the Cat, pointing, thankfully, with his finger, "Why didn't you tell me?" Cheshire laughed and raised his hands in a 'what?' position, "I tried to, Hatter, I tried."

The Hatter sputtered for a minute before bounding forward, clasping Alice's hands in his own thin ones, "Alice! Oh, so good you're back! Terribly good, we've all gone to...well, I'm pretty sure you can see and figure out for yourself, you are a big girl after all..." He stepped back and appraised her, chuckling to himself, then looked askance at Cheshire, "And what a girl, eh?" Cheshire only rolled his eyes, laughing quietly to himself. No, he wasn't blind either, he had noticed to what lengths Alice had grown, filling out all the places she lacked in years ago. He got wind of that smell again and glanced over at her, his body getting numb for a moment before he got control of himself and looked away quickly. Meanwhile, the Hatter had reduced to rambling, "We don't blame you no, well, yes, maybe we do, after all we are connected to you, so we're heavily affected, and you can't imagine! After the March Hare died, I...well, I really couldn't-but never mind that, what have you been up to? Oh, never mind that either, this is neither here nor there." Cutting away adruptly he clapped his hands officiously, gaining the attention of the rabble surrounding them. Cheshire slinked away from a thing that had a man's body and a crow's head, clutching a wicked blade in his hands. The head whipped around and regarded the Cat with beady black eyes, then its beak began clacking open and closed and it was a moment before Cheshire realized it was laughing. At him. The nerve! A bird, laughing at a cat! Well, not much to be done.

"Friends," began the Hatter, "Our day has picked up, we are now in the possession of one new friend and saviour!" A ragged cheer rose from the meager ranks, it had been a time since they had any comeuppance against the Queen, and from the way Hatter talked, perhaps Alice would be their way out, although, keep in mind it was a ragged cheer, many kept quiet, grumbling to themselves as they eyed her form, remembering vividly what had happened while she was here, and especially after she had left. "With this new aquaintance, we should be able to turn the tide, comrades, soon and very soon, we will usurp the Queen of Hearts!" This time everyone joined in, although Cheshire kept to himself, quite aware of what affect the Hatter's speeches could have on his followers. When he mentioned pushing the Queen off of her high horse, it was only natural that everyone have a hand in, no one, even those who harboured something against Alice, wanted the Queen to stay in power long and anyone who mentioned taking her out, they were in with them. "Disperse, friends, our day is done!" Announced the Hatter, clapping his hands again, and everyone turned and melted back into the forest. Facing Alice the Hatter gave a deep bow, this time one of meaning and not falsifications, "Come Alice,

"I believe it is tea time."

Alice, needless to say, was quite relieved when the Hatter actually recognized her and lowered the pistol. It was quite unnerving to have a pistol pointed at you, no matter what state of mind you are actually in. Or at least, for the most part on the majority of people. There were that small percentage that actually would like to have a pistol pointed at them and fired. Though, she actually blushed quite a bit when the Hatter said that about what kind of girl she had changed into and her eyes moved to the Cheshire Cat and say him look at her and then quickly away. She wondered what in the world that was about, but could it possibly be that he felt something similar to her? She thought that could almost be impossible, right? Who in the world would feel that for her? And the way he had reacted to the Hatter's comment made her think that he didn't really see anything different in her, so perhaps she was just being ridiculous about this. And yet even still, she couldn't quite help, but to feel, what she was sure was attraction and desire. She couldn't be completely sure because she had never felt that way about other males, but all it took was one look at the Cheshire Cat in that form and her body would just start to tingle in a way she didn't understand. She was, by all rights, was a virgin and untouched. And on top of that, Alice highly doubted that the Cheshire knew what attraction and such things were, right? After all, he was supposed to be a cat, for heaven's sake, so how could he know what it was to feel attracted to a female. That was a sorely disappointing thought in her mind because she doubted that he even if he knew what those things were that he would want them with her. It was ridiculous, wasn't it? Most cats just mated because it was nature and it wasn't like the Cheshire had grown up as a human, so it was hard to imagine that he would feel the same things that she was feeling at that moment.

She sighed softly as she watched the rest of the group of creatures disappear. She could certainly feel a bit of hostility in some of them despite what the Hatter said. Although, the Hatter was, in her humble opinion, madder than the Cheshire Cat, but there was something distinctly matured about him at the moment. His ramblings hadn't changed that much, to be honest, but his appearance, like Cheshire's, certainly had. She thought that the two of them were rather grown up compared to what she remembered of them and perhaps that was due to the fact that she had grown up as well. She wondered about that though because surely they were still not quite right because of how she was right now. Sure, she was still sane, but she knew that it was slipping.

Alice looked at the Hatter and nodded with a soft smile. It was at least good to feel as though she wasn't completely an outsider anymore. She looked again at the Cheshire Cat, and that was when she felt something that she wondered distinctly what it was. Looking at him like that, she felt an odd warm and wet sensation in the apex of her thighs. She wasn't sure what it was, but her thoughts were turning to weird thoughts. Such thoughts as wondering what it would be like to let her small hands wander over his bare skin that was hiding beneath the jerkin that he was wearing, or what it would be like to touch his lips that looked rather sensual to her. They were such odd thoughts to be thinking because she just didn't understand why she was having them for him of all people. But there was something about him that made her think of him like this, something sensual and desirable about the way he looked in this form that made her thoughts wander down such a road. She wished they would go away because she was sure he wasn't thinking the same thing of her, so why should she be thinking these thoughts at all? Alice tried to shake them off, but unfortunately it didn't help that when she looked away, his face and body was there in her mind, slightly torturing her mind and body in the most sensual way possible.

"Do come along." Urged the Hatter, literally skipping his way down the path, humming a tuneless song that occassionally required words such as: 'Boop', 'Kalakway', and 'Uterp'. Cheshire brought up the rear, making sure that Alice was in between the two of them. Although the Hatter didn't seem like he'd be ready if trouble showed, appearances could be decieving. He was just as alert as Cheshire was, just with an added 'Lorunie' to his step. Flexing his hands, the Cat casually scanned the trees around them, wary of objects that would move even though there was no breeze to push them. Most of the trip was taken in complete silence, leaving Cheshire enough time to think. Enough time to think and watch Alice's swaying rear end. Naturally, he couldn't think of how it ever came to be in his line of sight, but it did, and it was a nice looking rear too. He coughed and looked away, quickly, really quite unable to explain a rush of feelings that was going through him and his...bodily reactions. At the moment he sincerely wished he could tear off his jerkin, he was starting to hurt, just a little bit. He coughed again, trying to clear his mind, vainly attempting to focus on trees, dead grass, oddly shaped shadows, soft curves, shapely legs.

Growling he shouted up to Hatter, "Hey, how much longer? Night's falling." Which indeed it was, the sun was quietly pulling the clouds over its head and closing its eyes, darkness descending over the forest. "Not long, Kitty dear, not long, we've got, oh..." The Hatter replied in a sing-songy voice as he pulled out his stop watch which obviously didn't work and was clearly stained with food and other unnamed things, "5 minutes? 2 hours? I can't tell." Shrugging nonchalantly he shoved it back into a green pocket and continued to skip. Cheshire growled, running long fingers through his purple hair and casting another glance at the lengthening shadows and at the trees that seemed to loom over them, gnarly branches reaching. "Wish you'd hurry it up, we don't have long..." He muttered, then hurried up next to Alice, walking by her side. He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye, then murmured, "Stay close to me, I don't trust these forests enough." Cheshire flexed his fingers again, then said something under his breath. The tips of his fingers grew a little longer, fingernails growing into razor sharp claws. "And whatever you do, don't freak and start running. Just in case." He was only too well aware of her closeness and the warmth radiating off of her body, assaulting his heightened senses. And he then realized how much he wanted to touch her, for a moment all his temporary worries were gone, his desires remaining. He wanted to run his fingers over her soft skin, at least it looked soft, then lace them through her flowing blonde hair. His nostrils flared as they took in that scent that still lingered about her, that sensual heady scent that left Cheshire's head swimming. If something attacked right now, he would definitely be in a bad spot of trouble. Very bad indeed.

As if to underline that subject the bushes behind them rustled causing the Hatter and Cheshire to pause. A flash of white was seen from behind the grey green leaves and Cheshire's stomach jumped. Cards. Oh, sweet Wonder, not the Cards...

Alice started to follow the hatter and she could feel Cheshire behind her and somehow that feeling was rather peculiar to her. He was walking behind her and no doubt getting a view of her backside...And where the hell had that thought come from? She blinked stupidly as she thought that she really shouldn't be thinking about his grey eyes intently watching her swaying backside in the skirt that she was in. It really wasn't that appropriate of a thought, especially when they were actually in danger and she was becoming very aware of that. She could tell from her experience with both of these two that they were both very aware of their surroundings. Even though the Hatter didn't appear to be aware of his surroundings, Alice knew better than that because he was much different than he used to be and she could tell that there was a certain air of awareness to the both of them. She didn't quite know what to think of the two of them because they were so different from what they used to be like. They were much more mature and she wondered if it was because of what had happened here in Wonderland that had made them change. Or was it because of the changes that she had gone through in herself that had changed them? After all, Wonderland was connected to her and her feelings as well as her mind. But then why had their appearances changed so much? Hatter looked more like an older gentlemen than a short little crazy madman. His hair looked quite awful, and would look horrible on most other men his age, but for him it fit. Which was surprising really that it did, but she was glad that he had seemed to wise up, even if he was still a bit of madman. That would always be okay in her mind because he was the Mad Hatter and that was just part of who he was. If he had become sane while she had gone than she might've gotten concerned because that just wasn't part of who he was. So, yes, it was good that he had changed and matured a bit and his new appearance suited him quite well for the person he had become. Although, she wasn't surprised when he pulled out his pocket watch and it was covered with food and other sort of things. She almost chuckled at the sight, but there was something that stopped her.

It was Cheshire. She heard the way he was making little growl noises and she was surprised that it was making her petite form slightly shudder from....something. She wasn't quite sure what that was about or what it was that she was feeling because she really had never felt these kinds of things before. And that was what brought her about thinking about how much Cheshire had changed. In fact, it seemed like it was more of a drastic change than the Hatter was. His appearance had changed far more than the Hatter and so had his personality. Well, at least, for the most part. When she had first gotten there this time, he had been much like his old self and in his cat form he was, but in his semi human form, he was mature and absolutely devilishly and charmingly handsome. It was so very disconcerting to poor Alice because she was used to a fat old cat who was a jerk, but this side of Cheshire actually seemed protective over her and not the snotty little annoying cat he normally was. His looks matched his behavior and she noticed that when he came up beside her, that he glanced at her out of the corner of his eye and she swallowed hard as she looked at him. She wasn't nearly as nonchalant about what she was feeling as he was and she looked at him with almost everything clear in her baby blue eyes. At least, it would be to those who actually know what desire and passion and arousal were. Even Alice didn't completely understand what she was feeling for the Cheshire because she had never in her life felt these kinds of things before and she didn't even know if all of them were really real. They could all just be in her mind and here she was actually wanting to stop and wrap her arms around his neck and press her lips to his immensely tempting lips.

Dear Lord, she didn't even know what was wrong with her anymore. She looked away from him and tried to focus on something else besides the very tempting idea of his slender and yet masculine body pressed against her own petite and feminine body. She noticed that it was getting rather dark outside and because of that that the trees were actually starting to look even more scary than before. It was like their horribly gnarly branches were stretching out even more with the growing shadows and even though Alice prided herself on being a brave young woman, the thought of those tree branches snagging her or getting a hold of her was enough to send a chill through her veins.

She was actually startled enough that when she, the Cheshire and the Hatter heard a movement in the bushes behind them, her small form jumped slightly and she slowly turned around to look at the bush. She didn't run at all, but she stepped behind the Cheshire and kind of stayed rather close to him because she could see his claws and that he was more than ready to fight and that made her feel a bit more safe than normal. She swallowed nervously as she looked at the bush and waited to see exactly what was following them.

"Hatter..." murmured the Cat low, beginning to crouch, "Watch over Alice, whatever happens, we can't lose her. She's going to be the key to this whole mess." Cheshire shoved her, a little non too gently in the general direction of the Hatter who had his pistol out, as well as another. Checking briefly over his purple shoulder, Cheshire made sure that she was, at least, semi-well protected before crouching on all floors on the forest ground. It began with his tail, slowly dissolving into the air, followed by his legs, torso, then the rest of it. Before he disappeared completely, he grinned wide, letting it linger a little longer before it too flashed away. Not a moment too soon, before the bushes burst apart and a small company of Card soldiers trooped from it, their muskets pointed at the Hatter and Alice.

The one who appeared to be the leader stepped forward, a jack clearly seen on his body, his face enclosed in a helmet. "Just like the Queen said she'd be. She's here." He said, quietly, but loud enough for everyone to hear. Cheshire, unseen, had floated above their heads, waiting. The Cards formed a circle around the pair in the center, the Hatter with his pistols pointed vainly outward, and Alice, just as helpless. "You are to come with us." Ordered leader Jack, "Resist, and we will use necessary force."

"She isn't going anywhere, old boy." Snarled the Hatter, pointing both barrels at Jack. "She's just fine with me." The leader chuckled, shaking his helmeted head, "I'm afraid it can't go that way, Hatter. I've found one of the best catches in my life time, the 'brave' leader of the 'rebellion' and Alice herself. It's been a while Alice," He addressed her, "Needless to say," He now encompassed the forest with his arms, the musket still tightly gripped in one hand, "We've missed you." Cheshire slowly floated down above the Jack's head, smiling to himself. Cake. This wouldn't be the first time he'd wiped out a Card unit like this. They never saw anything until almost all of them were rent from shoulder to hip, bleeding their pitiful cardboard lives out onto the ground. However, being the curious cat that he was, he waiting a little longer, wondering what Alice would say to the Card.

Alice nearly stumbled onto the Hatter when the Cheshire Cat shoved her quite hardly into him, but the Hatter caught her and pushed her behind him. They both watched as Cheshire disappeared from sight and Alice watched that stupid grin of his linger longer than any other part of him and she rolled her eyes at the very sight of it. Although, that was the last thing on her mind as she suddenly watched a group of cards appear around her and the Hatter. She sure as hell hoped that Cheshire knew what he was doing. She was sure that he did, but she didn't much like being surrounded by all of these guns and she didn't cling too closely to Hatter as she probably would've with Cheshire, but she stayed as close as she could. She stayed silent for the most part listening to the Hatter and the Jack exchange words because there wasn't much she could say, but then she started to get more mad than she was scared. Well, of course, she was scared because Alice had never been raised to participate in fights and this was so far away from what she was capable of. She thought it rather irritating that the Cheshire was just floating somewhere in the air and not attacking at all as her and the Hatter stood there with guns aimed at them and the threat of worse things to come. Alice certainly didn't dare to look above her into the air because she knew that that might give away that he was there and that he was hiding. Although, with her luck, the Cheshire would still be the stupid little arrogant cat he was and not help at all, but part of her was certainly hoping that that was wrong.

"Look, pal, I am not going anywhere with you and you can go tell your stupid bitch of a Queen that I will not come anywhere near her and her ridiculous charges. She is probably the most insane one in this world and you just expect to turn around and say something sweet like "Oh, who me?" Pfft, yeah right, buddy, sorry to disappoint, but I am not the Alice that you all once knew, so you can take that order and shove it up your.....Well, you can just shove it, pal!" Alice yelled at him bravely. She knew that her words could probably mean the death of her if necessary, but she wasn't just going to let them order her around as though she were a slab of meat. It was a ridiculous notion that they thought that she was just going to do as they say and follow their orders. She had certainly grown up in the last five or so years and she certainly wasn't going to put herself in harms way and just because she didn't know how to fight, it didn't mean that she wasn't going to try.

((Sorry it is so short...I am drawing a bit of a blank on what else to say in this situation. >.<))

The Jack laughed lightly, shaking his head. The Card was well accustomed to hearing insults thrown at the Queen when he hunted down Her enemies. It was normal, not accepted, but it was normal. When he was younger, he wouldn't have stood for any such words, it got to be that the prisoners he was supposed to be bringing in alive kept ending up dead because of their big mouths. Now, the defiance just rolled off of him as easily as butter on a hot plate.

"Please, Alice, you must have more tact than that. Firing off insults when you are in a clearly undefensible situation. The Hatter here will die for you and we will soon have you in the dungeons. Where does that leave us? The Queen is not the bitch, Alice. You are, a helpless defenseless bi-"

"That's enough." Said the Cat, descending quickly on the Jack's head and twisting. It is rather unsettling to hear words that come out of nowhere, then to watch your commanding officer's head nearly twisted from his neck, and just as unsettling to watch a Cat appear out of mid-air. And floating. The Cards directed their rifles straight at the Cat and fired, puffs of smoke bursting from the muzzles and flash pans, obscuring everyone in a thick blue smoke that stank of gunpowder. But Cheshire had disappeared, appearing next to a hapless Card he slashed once, then vanished again, killing yet another before the first one had fluttered to the ground. The Hatter's pistols added their own smoke, shredding two Cards, leaving ragged holes in their thin bodies. With a muted cry, he dropped his weapons and drew a short sword which was well hidden beneath his long green cloak. More broken bodies joined their comrades as Cheshire and Hatter moved fluidly among the Cards, unseen for the smoke except for the occasional glimpse. Not very well seen, that may have been, but you could certainly hear. You could hear the chilling cries of the Cards as they were massacred, the grunts and yells of both of Alice's protectors as they prevented her taking.

And then all was quiet. The blue smoke, still reeking of gunpowder slowly drifted away to reveal a bloody Cheshire, breathing heavily and the Hatter, clutching his arm, his sword drenched in red. Cheshire looked over at Alice, a long cut dripping blood from his cheek and several others across his chest and arms.

And he smiled and began to laugh. Hatter chuckled, then quickly joined in and the two friends stood among the mangled corpses, the ground drenched with life and laughed mad laughter to the sky.

Alice watched in slight horror as the Cheshire ripped apart that Jack who had most certainly been ready to call her a bitch and she stepped several feet back from the scene as the blue smoke made it hard to see anything, but there was certainly no loss of understanding what was going on as she heard the cries of the Cards and the soft grunting noises that were probably the Hatter and the Cheshire tearing apart Cards. She had never known that these two could have such a way inside of them. Surely, both of them before had shown no way to be able to tear people or rather, Cards, apart, but the cries she was hearing was surely that enough to presume that they were definitely tearing them apart. Although the reality of the horrific scene was more than enough to make Alice's normally innocent blue eyes widen in fear and shock as she watched the smoke slowly start to fade away and the Hatter and the Cheshire were revealed. There was a slight concern in her mind that obviously the Cheshire and the Hatter were hurt, but it was quite scary how they looked. Her eyes sought out the Cheshire and she watched as his eyes met her own and she swallowed in fear because these two were capable of so much more than they looked. They were obviously capable of such killings and she didn't quite know what to think with the scene before her like this. It was quite scary to see them like this and none the less to hear the way they had obviously slaughtered the Cards. It should've been comforting that they could protect her like this, but rather it was scary. They had torn them apart and left nothing, but shreds of their pale bodies and blood spilled out onto the ground.

She was going to try and help them with their wounds because she was very good at tending to wounds, but she was actually shocked to her core to see them do what they did next. The two of them started to actually laugh! They had just slaughtered a group of Cards and were looking like some kind of battle warriors and they were actually laughing? It was puzzling to Alice in a way that she couldn't understand and it showed her that they certainly did retain their madness within. She didn't exactly know what to do while they were just standing there laughing their heads off. She was frightened and they were laughing? If she really thought about it, it was quite infuriating and rather terrifying that they thought that that had been humorous, but she was much too stunned to actually say anything, so she just stood there, watching and waiting for them to finish their bouts of laughter, so that the two of them could get cleaned up.

They didn't stop.

Not for a long while.

They fell against each other and gasped, holding their sides, falling to the ground amongst the carnage, laughing at the sky. Finally, Cheshire managed to stagger to his feet, leaving the Hatter giggling on the ground, holding his hands to his face. The Cat ran a finger over the cut on his face and cut loose with a chuckle, wiping the blood on his tunic, then, as he leaned down to help the Hatter up, he glanced over at Alice and raised his eyebrows when he saw the look of fury on her face.

"S'matter?" He asked, immediatly finding that someone had knocked a tooth out as it dribbled over his lip. "Did we do something wrong?" The Hatter sat up, fingering a busted lip and he didn't pay the girl any mind as he resheathed his sword and tucked his hat back onto his greasy head. "C'mon, we're late." He stated as if they had done nothing but dilly dally by a stream. He set off at a brisk trot, but Cheshire wasn't as quick to follow. Instead he sidled up next to Alice, "What happened?" He asked again, his claws shifting back into normal looking fingers. He waited a moment for her answer, then directed his chin at the Hatter who quickly disappeared among a small group of trees crying out, "Tally-ho!"

"If we don't follow him soon, we'll be lost. Even I can't remember where he keeps his dratted abode." His tail wrapped around her ankle and tugged her along as he walked forward. He looked back, blood still running freely down his cheek as well as on other parts of his body. "What was the matter?" He asked a third time, as curious as ever.

He was a Cat, after all.

By the time that the two maniacs had finally decided that it was about time to be moving, Alice was absolutely furious with the both of them. It was one thing to do what they did and protect themselves and her, but it was a completely another thing to sit there like crazed lunatics, which Alice knew that they still were, and laugh their selves silly while she was standing there in terror. That had probably been one of the most dramatic and traumatizing scenes that she had ever seen in her life and they were just acting as though they didn't have a care in the world while they laughed their heads off. It was absolutely infuriating to a girl who had grown up like she had now a days and only now the Cheshire Cat was showing interest in the fact that she was furious with both of them! Pffft! That was just plain stupid. Obviously, if anyone couldn't tell, Alice was much too upset to consider the fact that Cheshire had actually gotten upset at the fact that she seemed furious like this. He obviously cared about something, but Alice was a little too peeved at that moment to actually take much notice to that fact. She didn't even really know how to respond at the moment to their insanity because she was still too shocked with the scene that she had just witnessed before her eyes. It had been absolutely terrifying to hear the two of them rip apart those cards as though they were warriors when before neither of them probably could've handle a gun properly! And now here they were ripping apart cards and saving her from a beheading. It was all so very confusing in her mind at that moment because she just couldn't understand it. How had they become such fierce men? One of them had been an animal for the love of God and the other had just been a raving lunatic! So, how had things changed that much in here? It was absolutely amazing to see this and quite terrifying as well, to be honest.

She walked towards the way that the Hatter had run off to and she sighed as she turned to look at the Cheshire Cat. She really was getting a bit tired and hungry at this point. Not to mention, she felt like she hadn't bathed in days and that was really only adding to her mood at the moment. "Look, I am sorry I got upset, but I was absolutely terrified and then the two of you just started to laugh!? Do you know how stupid the both of you looked? Well, of course not, because as you always used to tell me everyone is mad here, right? Including me? Well, at least I have common sense not to just sit there in a pool of blood and laugh my head off." she said, much more angrily than she originally meant to be. She really couldn't seem to help her temper right now because of how upset this whole thing was getting to be at this point. She was getting very hungry and tired and she wanted a bath.

And of course, as she thought about having a bath, all she could then think about was taking a bath with Cheshire Cat and it made her a little less angry and a little more aroused. The thought of all of his smooth flesh bared for her to see and touch actually send a large shiver down her spine and she had to turn away from him before he could see the look in her eyes that was only tell tale of how she was feeling inside. "So, we better hurry and follow him or else we won't know where we are going."

"Whoa, chill." Cheshire said, slowing down a bit so that she shot ahead of him, "You have to laugh it off, trust me. Seen guys who just dwell on it, they end up messed in the head." He grinned widely, "Get it? Messed up in the...oh, never mind." Cheshire waved and trotted up next to her, his eyes searching for where the Hatter might have vanished.

They both dived through the trees and the Cat caught sight of his friend's bouncing green cloak before he was swallowed up by the night. "There he goes," He muttered, "Bastard's gonna lose us." He jogged forward and pushed aside a bush, revealing a trap door well concealed in the ground, "Or not..." A thump sounded from below, then the Hatter's muffled voice, "Hurry up!" He bellowed, thumping again. Cheshire reached down and grasped the iron ring, heaving the door up, then looked back at Alice, his grey eyes taking in her young supple form, her wild unkempt hair that seemed to add to a primal attraction. And he felt himself react. He purred before he could stop himself and looked away, disguising it with a cough. "Ladies first." He offered in his low sultry voice which had become just a bit more sultry and even seductive.

"Wouldn't be hungry by chance, would you?" He asked, suddenly, his eyes flashing, "We've got some stock down there and I'm pretty sure you're starving. Especially after our...ordeal." He gave her a lopsided grin, the sight of the shredded cards still fresh in his mind. "Either way, you might wanna hurry and get down, more than like the others'll have found the bodies and will be searching for the forest for the perpetrators. Wouldn't want to be strung up, would we, hm?" Anything, just keep talking, distract himself from giving her once-overs again and again. Images kept flashing through his head, slipping her-no, no. Where was that coming from? Biting his tounge, he said, "I'll see you on the other side. Close the door behind you." Then, he shrank, fur sprining up over his body, and as he transformed back into a feline, he felt the ache, the longing slowly move away. Still there, still apparent, but not as strong. Flicking his tail in her direction, he dove into the trapdoor's open hole.

Alice just ignored his ramblings for the most part because she was rather used to them at this point and who wouldn't be used to those kinds of things at this point? Especially when you had been a guest in this crazy world before. But there was something distinct about what happened to his voice. It got low and more seductive and sultry than before and she swallowed a bit nervously as she looked at him with every feeling in her eyes apparent. Obviously, Alice didn't know how to hide her feelings and that was obvious as well as she looked at him. There was a moment there when she had thought she had heard him start to purr, but then he coughed and Alice was distinctly aware that he was trying to cover something up. That was when he brought up food and she hoped that some sleep would follow that, but she wasn't sure if it would. She could only hope though, at this point, because she was absolutely exhausted from everything that had happened lately. Though there was something that was toying about in her mind as she watched him transform back into the slender, sleek feline that he was when he was an animal and she smiled a bit before she walked over to the trap door and sat down on the edge. She jumped down into it and landed on her feet before she leaned up to grab the door and shut it behind her. She really hoped that no one noticed that door or else they would be in quite a bit of trouble at this point.

Alice was thinking about the fact that it was quite obvious who she was with her normal attire on like this. She still had the same blue dress, and the same outfit, so wouldn't it be better if she changed into something that might make her look a little different. She stood there for a long moment without following the two before she made sure that were ahead enough that they really couldn't much see her and she changed out of her dress quickly. She took off her petticoats and stockings as well as her shoes because it wasn't going to take much for someone to recognize her. She stood there in her undergarments, well, mostly. They were made of white silk and lace and cotton and she sighed as she thought that the outfit bared a bit more of her skin at this point, but she thought it looked much better than what she was wearing before.

The outfit that she had on now was a short white under dress that went beneath her normal dress, her pale legs were bare with no stockings or shoes, but she had walked barefoot on rougher surfaces than what they were walking on now, so that didn't bother her at all. She took out the black headband that was in her hair and that kept her hair back from her face and some of her blond strands of hair fell forward and the whole outfit made her look quite seductive. Her hair was starting to slightly curl a bit and she sighed as she walked after the two of them, completely unaware of the fact that she made one of the most seductive pictures that anyone could ever see.

Warm candlelights lit the tunnel that they travelled through and there was a distinct dip in the floor as they ventured further. The Cat slinked his way through the hall, his shadow being cast upon the wall along with everyone elses, a loping black form. His purple fur gave off an unworldly sheen in the yellow light as the Hatter led them deeper, "Not far..." The madman said looking back, but his voice trailed away as he caught sight of Alice, the clothing in her hands, and everything else. Cheshire glanced up at the Hatter, confused as to why he quit talking then looked back as well.

Oh, my.

He turned back to his friend, "It's quite rude to stare, my dear Hatter," He flicked a tail in Alice's direction, "Her clothes are dirty, she has freedom to remove them, just," He turned back to her and fixed her with a hard glare, "Not all the way off, it's hard enough to keep our minds on the task at hand, hm?" He directed the 'hm' back at the Hatter who coughed suddenly, and quite violently facing forward, "Quite right, quite right my dear Cat, forward we tread then." Which they did so in silence, although even through his dulled senses, Cheshire could not help but glance back one more time before dismissing the incident entirely from his mind. The tunnel sloped deeper and it got a little warmer as the chill of the forest was left far behind. Presently, they arrived at a large wooden door, upon which its surface was carved into a large face with a very big nose, beady eyes and thick lips. The eyes glinted with as much colour as oak could allow:

I see travellers three, those who wish to enter me
Weary from their adventures, yes, but returned because they are the best
And two I know so very well, as well as any tolling bell
The Hatter with his magnificent headpiece, and the purple Cat still in one piece
Yet, lookie here, a new arrival? Where comest thou, oh glowing angel?

The Cat rolled his eyes, glancing back at Alice, "Ignore him, he's always trying to be mysterious with his poems and chants, but you'll notice they lack a bit of...flair..."

The door fixed his small eyes on Cheshire, "Now see here, Cat," It protested, "I do my best, it is hard to think when people constantly open and close me!" Cheshire waved his paw, obviously uncaring, "I don't care, are you going to keep prattling, or are you going to open you sorry piece of firewood?" The door grumbled and creaked open, revealing inside a very wide room. The opening led to a balcony that spanned the huge expanse, a space in the middle showing a lower floor.

"Welcome to the underground." The Hatter said lowly, sweeping his hat from his head.

Alice didn't quite like the fact that she had to do this with her clothing, but it was a better way to keep herself disguised as some new comer and not who she was. She didn't like the look Hatter got and she squirmed uncomfortably as she walked. She then heard Cheshire Cat's words and she stopped walking again before she put her slender hands on her shapely hips as she looked at him. "Thank you very much, but I will only take off my clothes and be naked for someone I care about and not to just be some whore for men, understand, Cheshire?" she snapped rather meanly. She didn't really like the implication that he implicated as he said that to her because she wasn't some slut who was going to take off her clothes for any man that thought that she looked good with less on. "This is just a way that it will be harder for people to recognize me if I do not look like my normal self. I realize I look a bit whorish, and while I do not wish to look like one, do you really think that there are other options that I can take to disguising myself? I am open to them." she said.

She followed them silently after that and that was when they came across the famous door that she remembered from her last trip. Though he was a bit different and she shook her head at his words. She certainly wasn't going to pay attention to a door that sung like that and his singing, quite frankly, sucked. She wondered briefly where exactly she was going to discard her clothes at this point. Alice was quite surprised to see what exactly was behind the door. It led to a large expanse of floor and she walked through the doorway and into the Underground as they called it. She couldn't believe that there was a place like this beneath the surface of Wonderland. She looked at the two of them as they stood behind her and she sighed softly.
"Wow, this is quite the place." she said softly.

((Uggggghhhh, sorry, Cheshire, that it is so short, but my muse is just being a bitch to me right now. She is like making me creative to other Roleplays and not certain ones, but I wanted to respond despite that.))

Back
Top Bottom