Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Survivor's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I always carry a lot of things in my backpack," Sylvia said, but she was still a bit uneasy around this guy. She got her radio out then handed it to the man. "I don't like being around people but I don't think it will work in my favor anymore.... if I can tag along, I would rather do that. If you don't though..." She just trailed off.

"Hey any enemy of the Reds and the Revs is a friend of the Militia, you can come with us. So long as you dont do anything stupid you seem like you can do a lot of damage." I said smiling as I took the radio. I fiddled with the setting until I got in contact with D6. I went off for a while to talk to them. After a few minutes I came back to the others. "Well Yoru, seems like the brief case had some good stuff in it, Francis couldnt tell me much of it as it didnt quite make scence yet. What he did tell me is that the Reds have a deal with some warlord named Afran. He told me this guy and his men are holding the Red's scheme in his village. I think I know this village though, the best way through there is the surface. There should be an exit to there in this town. So uhh new girl, you on board?'

I kicked one of the bodies.
"Maybe if I had the case, I could have gotten more out of it..." I muttered under my breath, gritting my teeth as I remembered the reason why the briefcase was at D6 anyway. "I shouldn't have let my guard down..."

"If you don't mind me tagging along and I can kill some more Reds, I'm on board," Sylvia replied, "You can call me Sylvia. What do I call you two? I should know my new comrades I suppose." She looked at Artyom. "Are you actually Russian? You look Russian."

"Well, yes and no. My parents were immigrants from Moscow to America but I was born here. So I have a russian family but I was born in Amercia." I looked over to her curiously. "Why do you ask?" I replied ina curious and slightly concerned tone, hoping this wasn't going to turn into an issue, knowing my luck it probably was.

"If you really must know, it was Russians who bought and sold me when I was a child. I've had a distaste, to put it mildly, for Russians since then," Sylvia replied flatly, "If you're American, that's enough for me. Just don't speak in Russian. I... I don't like that." She turned to Yoru and nodded. "I guess I'm glad I met someone who's trying survive like I am."

I nodded. "I understand your pain. If it puts you at ease I wont speak any russian."I said to Sylvia knowing that what she must have gone through had to have been hell. "Anyway, we can contuine this on the road. For now we need to get moving. I know where to go." I said to the girls.

I nodded to him. Something caught my eye before we left the gangster "base", though, and I went to it. A painting of an ocean was... off. I tried moving it, but it wouldn't budge, so, knowing nothing else to do, I punched a hole in it. It was hollow on the other side. I noticed a small chest inside. I took it out and opened it. Inside I found... A coin that I've never seen before; definitely not currency, as well as a black, tight girl's hoodie and a small letter. I took the things out of the chest, and put the hoodie on. Needless to say, it emphasized my breasts just as well as my shirt did, though I found it easier to blend with darkness, as it wasn't white. I put the letter away, as well as the coin, to read the letter for later. I then looked to Arty.
"Alright, I'm ready when you are." I said softly.

"I'm new to this area so you'll have to lead the way. I'll be ready when it's time for combat but I like being up close, but I have my bow if we need it," Sylvia said, "Just let me get my arrows back." She raised an eyebrow at Yoru's behavior then shrugged since she just didn't care beyond a passing thought. However, she did wonder why she was so careful to accentuate parts of her body but she had no concept of beauty or being sexy as Americans put it since most of her life hadn't really been about that. It was a peculiar thing to see someone, especially in a volatile time, continue to focus on aesthetics instead of just survival. In Sylvia's mind, all of the hotness in the world didn't mean jack shit if you were dead.

"No problem, Afran and his men are residing in a nearby over taken village just a couple miles away. I've been there before, before Afran and his troops overtook it. Just follow me, I know the way. If we could find a vehicle of some kind that would be nice." I said to the girls, the new one in particular. I loaded a fresh extended mag into my AK as begun to think to myself, about the village. I really did know more about the place, how peaceful it was and how the inhabitants had little to do with the ongoing war. Now its been taken over by a vicious warloard and his grunts, killing the peace. Even more of a symbolism that this damn war has to end. I went over to a door on the other side of the storage house which revealed a ladder with a bright light beaming down the room as it lead upward to th surface. "Hope you girls like the outdoors, cause if we want to get there we gotta go topside."

I noticed Sylvia's attention on me, and I felt... nervous. I never had any human attention on me like that other than what D6 offered me for seven full years. I tried to shrug it off, but I couldn't. Thankfully, though, Arty began talking to the both of us, so I poured as much attention into him as possible. I nodded when he mentioned the ladder to get outside.
"Do you want me to go first?" I asked very softly, softer than usual due to my uneasiness.

"I've lived outside for a long time so I don't mind it," Sylvia replied, taking her attention away from Yoru. "How many people are we looking at in this village?"

As I begun towards the ladder I pondered at Sylvia's question. "Well, Afran is a rather powerful warlord, so at least three dozen or so? Thats about the right amount for his home base. But if we could all take care of Reds no problem these guys will be easy. I've killed his kind people before." I said to Silvia. I looked over to Yoru. "No, you stay right behind me I'm gona take point." I said giving her a small hug as I begun to climb the ladder upward. I opened the grate at the top and looked around. I took out my ak and checked to make sure nobody was around. The environment seemed to be a rather old forest. "Alright you two, we're good." I said with my gun still at the ready.

I nodded, then climbed the ladder after Arty, climbed out, and seemed to adjust into a much more comfortable way, back in the environment that I've been around for the past seven years of my life.

Sylvia scaled the ladder behind the others then looked around. She took a breath, reveling in the forest that she now found herself in. She had always enjoyed the forest more than the cities. At least more so after Jack taught her how to fight, survive and understand the world. She gazed around, keeping her senses alert for hostile movement but nothing was happening that was even close to out of the ordinary. "It's almost too quiet..." she said quietly, still keeping her eyes trained.

I nodded at Sylvia's comment. "Well we are within walking distance of an infamous warlord's home. The factions are too busy fighting to try and send troops, the people arnt going to go anywhere near here. The only people who would dare trek through here are members of Afran's little army to bring supplies. So natrually it is quite silent. I suggest we keep a low profile until we get to the village so they dont start hunting us down ahead of time. I know the way, just follow me." I said to the two in a slightly hushed done as I begun north.

Sylvia nodded then kept herself quiet. She was adept enough at the silent trek so neither Artyom, nor Yoru, had any worry about her giving away their position. That said, Sylvia was still listening for anything unusual, which, if Artyom was right, may actually appear in the form of a patrol or a supply run. For the moment, she didn't hear or see anything that gave her reason to be suspicious. Even still, she had her weapons ready if it became necessary.

We moved farther at a decent rate while staying silent. Eventually I begun to hear faint conversation up ahead. I slowly moved over to the girls and wishpered. "The village isnt too far ahead. We approach carefully, scout the area. Then we strike. I'll take the left flank. Understood?"

I nodded, stretching my arrow on the string, a very faint sound coming from it, sounding almost like a kind of bird chirping. I then stood in the same way that I did whilst walking when I first met Arty, which was still very quiet.

"I'll take the other side then," Sylvia said with a grim nod then skulked off in the other direction. She made sure to use caution when taking steps to avoid rousing any suspicion from anyone. Though she wasn't a fan of suppressors, she attached one to the barrel of her R870 to prevent too much attention being drawn her way. While she wasn't aiming for attractive, she still was and she was able to use that when necessary. That time was nearing...

I snuck up and eventually hit the camp. I looked inside to find a good amount of armed soldiers on patrol. I looked through a pair of small binoculars at the far end of the village. I saw an african man in full kevlar and a helmet, as well as armed, taking to what appaered to be a Red line officer carrying a brief case. I thought to myself. "There he is, theres Afran." The two went inside of the cabin. I suck around and heard some slight grunting. I saw a soldier by his lonesome, injecting himself with what appeared to be heroin. I wasted no time and tackled him then jammed my knife into his throat. I didn't bother to loot him and went inside of the the hut and begun to survey the area. I was waiting for the girls to get ready as I gripped my AK-74, knowing it was about to take blood.

I kept a mute pace as I neared the camp, the voices getting louder. I found myself nearing two soldiers that seemed to be conversating about something. I listened for a short moment, hearing something about a briefcase, a cabin, and Afran. I then proceeded to line them up and released my arrow, going through their heads and into the wall behind them with a soft thud. They hit the ground pretty hard, but I couldn't think of any others around. I then went up to the bodies, and quickly searched them, finding a small letter. I opened it, and it was a fraction of a map that the soldier had, with two circles. One had an arrow to it that had "Guard Here" behind it. The other was just blank, but it seemed to be over a cabin. I tossed the map piece on the ground, and put away my bow, taking out my Tanto, feeling the need for a closer look. I picked the arrow out of the wall, put it away, then snuck my way around, easing into the village and the cabin.

Sylvia crept through the underbrush then gazed between a pair of bushes at a pair of guards. She reached back for her Remington, which was now suppressed then she grabbed a throwing knife from her belt. She tested the wind for a moment so she didn't miss her target. Taking aim at the guard further out, she threw the knife, which slammed right into his temple and split his skull open. He crumpled in less than a second. The second guard had little time to react while Sylvia pulled the trigger on shotgun. A shot was heard but it was muffled enough to suppress an accurate location. She stood over the guard with the knife in his face, put her boot on his chest then ripped the knife out. She wiped the crimson liquid from the blade then returned it to its resting place.

Surveying the area once more, she ducked down to listen for any other guards who may have been sent to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom