Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

Soran_Jaymes said:
Currently rereading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini... and The Complete Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (I’m in the middle of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe right now).

I love both series for different reasons. The Inheritance Cycle is a great high-fantasy series (four books, of which Brisingr is book three), and HGttG is a hilarious sci-fi comedy series. Both are great series if you get a chance to read them!

Yep, I agree. I've read both and they're awesome. :D I still have yet to read Douglas Adams' series all the way through. I keep getting distracted by life and having to start reading it again from the first book since all the books make references to eachother. I think the farthest I've gotten was Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, but they're all fun reads.

Galaxy Dreamer said:
Soran_Jaymes said:
Currently rereading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini... and The Complete Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (I’m in the middle of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe right now).

I love both series for different reasons. The Inheritance Cycle is a great high-fantasy series (four books, of which Brisingr is book three), and HGttG is a hilarious sci-fi comedy series. Both are great series if you get a chance to read them!

Yep, I agree. I've read both and they're awesome. :D I still have yet to read Douglas Adams' series all the way through. I keep getting distracted by life and having to start reading it again from the first book since all the books make references to eachother. I think the farthest I've gotten was Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, but they're all fun reads.

I need to pick up Inheritance and the rest of the Hitchiker’s Guide books... The collection I have only has... I think three books and a short story? I’m not at home (at the time of typing this), otherwise I’d know for sure.

Death of an ancient king by Laurent Gaudé. Gorgeous style, gorgeous vocab (what a change from many modern books), akin to a Greek tragedy. I had no idea it got translated into English. A must.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Only a few chapters in, but I’m liking it so far! Did the whole “book versus movie” thing backwards this time around.

I've been listening to Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth" audiobooks on my walks. I'm also reading Nonviolent Communication as my casual reader. I read one page from "The Daily Stoic" each day. I've been meaning to get through "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" but have yet to finish it.

Meurtres pour rédemption by Karine Giébel. Translated in 9 languages unfortunately not English. Hard to explain. 1000 pages I read in a few hours. A mix of Nikita, Prison Break and OITNB. Just 100 times darker and more disturbing and better. Not for sensitive souls ;) It would be a great RP, and I posted a thread about that lol.

Sleepingskill, IT is such an intense read. Some length to it but some scenes stay with you.

I actually can't figure out if they've been translated. If so, jump on it. Especially Meurtres pour rédemption. There's a before and after YOUR SEARCH...

I picked up the book Fire and Blood of George RR Martin. I expected a song of fire and ice novel but instead got an actual history book about Westeros. I don't mind even though it occasionally feels I'm studying for a test.

I'm currently reading a book called Mosquitoland, about a girl that travels across states to see her sick mother. I like it more than I thought I would, and it's told half from her point of view and half from letters she writes to her aunt while on the road.

I'm beta reading a book by a foreign religious leader (translated) and also a friend's sci fi story with a Kylux type thing going on. Mmmmm. Sounds unhinged.

Getting ready to read "Fools Rush In" by Nina Munk about the AOL/Time-Warner merger. Oddly enough it got my interest due to Eric Bischoff (former head of WCW which was part of Turner) recommending it if anyone wanted more information on how the merger affected WCW being sold off.

People on a group are arguing about the villain in Poldark so I'm re-reading to fight along :oops:

The third book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series; the actual title is slipping my mind. Love Roland's character, and just the world/setting in general.

I’m going through the Murderbot Diaries series. I was reading things in between each novella, but I kept wanting to go back to them.

Finishing a re-read of the Dragon Star trilogy, the second set of books written in Melanie Rawn's Sunrunners universe. After that I have Fire and Blood hanging out on my shelf, then a re-read of the Wheel of Time series so I'll be prepared for the upcoming Amazon show. I do hope the show spurs some interest so I can find a WoT RP that sticks...!

Death of an ancient king by Laurent Gaudé. Gorgeous style, gorgeous vocab (what a change from many modern books), akin to a Greek tragedy. I had no idea it got translated into English. A must.
That seems like a great choice. I haven’t heard of it but I love the title. Can you give a brief synopsis?

I am a history teacher so I have several irons in the fire. Heirs of the Founders by H.W.Brands. is a fascinating read of the political struggles that led to the Civil War. I am also rereading the Outlander series, love the miniseries on STARZ.

If it gets such a ringing endorsement, it must be good! Why does it resonate so much with you?

Back
Top Bottom