Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

Slowly making my way through the Song of Fire and Ice series. Slowly making my way through the Game of Thrones TV series as well.

Alright, still a slow reader; but so far this year I've managed to finish three books.

First one was that I finally read the Hobbit, I had previously started and then dropped the book; but this time I got all the way through. I enjoyed it, but feel like as soon as Smaug decides to go burn down Laketown the whole story just falls apart and lose focus, like Tolkien was unsure how to end things.

Second one was The Hand Solo Adventures, these were fun but never really consistent narratives. Some entertaining scenes though and old EU.

Third, this one was a bit of a slog due to the writing. Hit List: An In-Depth Investigation into the Mysterious Deaths of Witnesses to the JFK Assassination. The writing was repetitive and because they covered so many different cases none of them were really in depth. I didn't expect much from it though, I was mostly interested in strange stories it would make me aware of to go pursue elsewhere.

As to what I'm actively reading at the moment, Strange Tales of the Parapolitical: Postwar Nazis, Mercenaries and Other Secret Histories. Deep Politics continues to be a fascination of mine and a never ending source of inspiration for table top ideas.

On the lighter side of things I am working my way through Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds, a sci-fi story where future earth has become isolationist and xenophobic to an extreme, to even other humans living off world. When one day a wealthy guy who ruled over many worlds ends up dead and lists a terran in his will and an earthman is forced to go on an adventure and learn that the universe isn't so weird.

There's other books I'm dabbling in, but those two have been receiving most of my focus currently.

Currently on my third re-listen of the Stormlight Archive books by Brandon Sanderson. Want to be ready for this December when the fifth book drops. Though I don't know if I am ready for the almost ten year wait for the sixth one 😅

Back
Top Bottom