Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion: ANDROID/SMARTPHONE APP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be epic.
Pure epic.

I'm sure many users use either an Android, Blackberry, iPhone or another sort of Android/Smartphone device. Would be super cool if there was a BM app.

And if there is, I'm an idiot. xD

If I ever got a smartphone or something like that I'd adore a BM App. I'd be so screwed if they did that though I'd neverrrr leave BMR....except maybe to sleep and even that's iffy.

I feel you.
I'm already on BM when I'm in bed.

I know other forum like sites like Gaia have apps.
I wonder if that would be possible for BM

It could be eventually down the line..... you never know what is on Vek's 'to do' list where all the tech upgrades and what not are concerned. So, I'd never discount it. Plus, this isn't the first time people have asked for it. So, maybe one of these days he'll create something. XD

The day BMR gets an App is the day I get a smartphone that can use it. =x
So I can harass BMR when I'm on the go!
THE JOYS!

Oh yessss
If I had choice I'd be a permanent fixture here on BMR xD!
.: In the store eyes fixed to the phone :.

...What are you doing?

I'm on BMR....

Again?

ALWAYS!

I hadn't thought of it that way but it's a hilarious idea. Get this eye twitchy thing going and this low creepy whisper lol!

AHH YESSSSSSS!!!!!

I would invest in that....I wouldn't normally buy or use apps but I would definitely get this one! Then again I spend 90% of the time awake here on BMR ><;
If I had an App that would shoot up to 98% of the time x3

That right there just screams "No social life"

Awwws ;.;
This site has provided much for me and has always been a comfort zone, I's feels the love ; W; [I'm still trying to get over seeing my name all purple xD!]

I loves all of you too!

but yeah, I think an App thing would be fantastic! Then I would actually have a reason to get a smartphone...because up till now I've been avoiding getting them cause they seem like a lot of hassle D;

I think an app would be great since it would definitely be a wonderful way to increase our user base and activity. Some people only have their phones or are in situations where they only have their phones for a good portion of the day since their computers might block the site or they might not wish to use a work computer during lunch hour or something. This way they'd be using their own personal device. So I see the benefit of it. And anything that allows the site to grow is a good thing in my book.

Even though I don't use a smartphone, I think this would definitely be a good way to get more people on the site. And plus, like DA said, it might help people maintain a degree of privacy if they visit the site on their phones instead of somewhere more public.

Yeah, I know I only joined....well next month will be 2 years for me...but still seeing the site grow my time here has just been great ;.;

It's an amazing the site...I think...for me..what made this site so unique...was the BMR Staff...I loved how well you guys did your job, how fair you were and unlike other sites I've been to you guys here were people that were easy to talk to and get along with. That was just so awesome.

If I had been able to access BMR while I was up at Job Corps...I don't think I'd have freaked so bad. I mean it was awful having every single one of my stress relievers just taken away ;.;

I'll probably start going out a bit more...would be cool to be able to get on BMR while I'm out doing things.

Indeedy. Hopefully Vek can put this on his big 'to do' list for this place. As I said, this isn't the first time people have requested it and it would definitely be something that would help it, not hinder it. So, maybe he can let us all know what would be involved in that and what not and then we can see and hope for a positive outcome from him. :)

If it was a matter of money, I'm sure we could round up enough user donations to make it happen. Especially since it seems to be of great interest to a lot of people. I know I would definitely contribute.

I wonder how one goes about getting access to forum data..... I'm a recent programming grad, and I have done one Android app as part of a group. Something like this could be a cool learning pet project, though I couldn't promise anything like professional quality at the moment. Maybe I'll take a look at some things and contact Vek if it's something I think I could do.

Gashnaw said:
well for those who had internet, you could just log onto BM. The more recent phones run BM quite well.

Mhmm, I've found it somewhat functional. What a smart phone app would do is create a user interface specifically for the small screen so you wouldn't have to zoom in and out to navigate the forum and click on tiny little text links. You could have things like private messages and the control panel accessible from, say, different tabs to make them easier to access. Things like that.

Personally, I have data on my phone and I hate going on Bluemoon. There's so much small font - I can't even tell you how many times I've accidentally logged out or clicked the wrong thing. I know you can zoom in, but I have a Galaxy S2 and it's just a headache. I would prefer an app - easier, simpler... :)

Loads quickly on a smart phone. that's almost funny. It typically goes at a fairly slow pace on my iPhone, especially on 3G, when its On LTE its better, but, that's sort of a given.

The_Gladiator said:
Loads quickly on a smart phone. that's almost funny. It typically goes at a fairly slow pace on my iPhone, especially on 3G, when its On LTE its better, but, that's sort of a given.

I second this!!!!

No need to actually develop a native app guys, a phone-friendly forum theme or a plugin like tapatalk or forumrunner (?) would do and you can inplement all of it in less than an hour.

Well, those are things I'm not sure about. XD But what I like about the app idea is that it's a mean to also advertise the place (along with potentially increasing a user base). Advertisement helps recruitment and recruitment helps the place grow and flourish. So, I know this is the one reason why I'd support the app idea assuming it's easy enough to implement. But the other ideas are nifty too for those who might not want to download an app. Who says you can't do a few things on here to help make it that much better, etc, even if there's a bit of redundancy. :)

I think an ap could be cool myself, might give me less links I have to scroll through to get to the one I want.

it would probably be easier if I turned off signatures on my phone, but then I wouldn't have them on on my computer either and I'm not going to bother to change that every day, so I'll just make due. haha.

but a mobile cite version could be cool also, although what links and such could you really cut out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom