Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Eartia: Chapter 1 - The Landing (Still accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edynol

Super-Earth
Space. The vastness of the universe, which despite the advances in technology, is still far beyond what anyone could possibly imagine. Each time we think we have even the slightest idea of how big it is, it turns out we have still yet to even scratch the surface of it. Ten or so planets in a solar system, millions of solar systems in a galaxy and as far as we know, googols of zillions of trillions of billions of galaxies in what may not even be the only universe in existence. If anyone ever figured out how big the whole of creation was, their head would probably implode from the realization of how insignificant everything they know really is. Even in this day in time, the planet Earth dead now for hundreds of years, when the laws of physics as we understood them have been crushed and redesigned numerous times, we still can't even fathom the random number of possibilities that to us may seem impossible.

For the people on the ship Hope, this has become the doctrine. Their ancestors had long ago learned not to label any theory as impossible, as improbable as one may seem. Even the ones who built Hope had no idea what those on the ship would encounter. They weren't expected to reach Eartia-E701C for over six hundred years, but in a pleasant turn of events, the solar sails became supercharged when the ship passed just a few billion kilometers from a pulsar. When the immense energy from the small star's X-rays hit the sails, it pushed them faster than they ever thought they'd go, cutting the journey in half. They even discovered forms of life on planets they passed that everyone was sure couldn't possibly support any kind of life, like the freezing planetoid Kuper-G11B, whose atmospheric temperatures never exceeded minus five hundred degrees, they spotted strange flying creatures the size of whales when they looked through the telescopes.

Long ago we learned that Earth wasn't the only planet to support life, and they knew we wouldn't be alone on the planet of Eartia. The probes orbiting the planet could only tell us so much, and the one that went down to the surface landed in water, so aside from a few species of sea life, the crew had no idea what other forms of life to expect. And to the crew, that was both the scary part, and the most exciting part.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Captain Scott McAnders, the leader of the crew on the ship, had a huge grin on his face as the planet Eartia became larger and larger in his sight. But despite the grin, he was nervous to the point where the slightest noise made him jump. They had been slowing down for weeks now, the aft solar sails open at full spread and the front ones closed, but he still worried about going in too fast. As he gazed out, a look of worried anticipation in his eyes, the door to the main bridge opened and he gave a start, almost jumping into the air as he turned around to see Lieutenant Misha Gvostanski, a young looking woman of Russian descent who despite being almost fifty looked closer to her mid twenties. Scott sighed as he ran a hand through his bright red hair before speaking. "Geez, Misha. Don't be scaring me like that," he said in a light Irish accent. Over the years, with people from various nationalities living together, accents had all but vanished. But there were still a few, like Scott, who still managed to carry a little twinge of their heretical accents.

Misha smiled, holding in a laugh. "You called me up here, remember," she responded, her amusement evident in her tone.

"Since when did you start deciding to come when I ask ye too?" Scott scowled, but it was forced and his heart wasn't in it, so finally he chuckled himself. "Well, I guess I can't blame ya. You ready to take the helm?"

Misha suddenly looked a little nervous, but excited at the same time. She had been practicing on the simulator almost everyday for the past fifteen years to prepare for what was about to happen. But even with that, she still worried something might go wrong. This was the real thing, now. Not just some computer screen in front of a vibrating, dancing chair. Finally, she let out a sigh. "I have been waiting for this almost my whole life. Of course I'm ready."

Scott chuckled again. "You aren't scared, are ye," he said with a grin.

Misha shot him a scowl that made him blink. "Of course I'm not scared, you fiery-haired buffoon," she said as she took a seat at the helm. She then stared at the controls and swallowed. "I'm bloody terrified to my damn boots."

Scott laughed as he shook his head, glad that he wasn't alone in that, before turning on the ship's com to address the crew. "Alright everyone, get to your stations. We're doin' it for real this time! Retract solar sails.....now!" The ship noticeably slowed as the solar sails folded and retracted into the ship. As they approached the planet, the ship shook as the Eartia's gravity took its hold. "Reverse main thrusters fifty percent, revert power from all non-essential compartments. Increase thruster output ten percent per kilometer then prepare to bring back up thrusters online. Misha?"

"Velocity has decreased by ten percent, hull integrity is still at full," Misha said, her voice a little shaky, perhaps from the shaking of the ship. "Estimated five minutes til atmospheric contact. We're going to fast, we need to decrease speed by another sixty percent before we reach the exosphere or we risk tearing the hull apart."

Scott nodded then turned to the bridge engineering officer. "Well?" was all he said. The man pondered for just a brief moment before calling down to engineering. "Revert all fuel from the life support generators to thrusters, move all nonessential personnel to Hydroponics. Have the landing crew dawn air masks."

"Bring thrusters to absolute maximum," the captain said into the com. "Bring Back up thruster online and run them at seventy five percent." As they entered the atmosphere, the ship started shaking violently. "Misha?"

"Hull integrity at eighty nine percent," she yelled out. "Adjusting trajectory and increasing latitude to compensate. We need slow down more before we can deploy the chutes."

"Okay," Scott yelled as he scratched his head. "Alright, I'm disengaging the probes! We can search for them later!" After releasing the remaining probes, which weighed a few tons each, the ship slowed at little more. "Misha?"

The woman actually smiled. "I think that did it, captain!" She actually giggled! "Turn back up thrusters to full and we should be able to deploy chutes in under a minute!"

Scott almost cheered. "Alright! Back up thrusters to full!" Once they were slow enough and the violent shaking started to subside, he ordered to deploy the chutes. "Okay, bring thrusters to ten percent, how are we looking Misha?"

"Looking good, Scott," she said with wide eyes. "Looking wonderful. Look! Land! I am landing there! Right there! Next to that...um...water...thing. Lake!"

Scott was speechless as he looked out. But after a few moments of bliss, he finally regained his composure. "Alright, take us down. Thrusters to fifty percent. Landing crew, job well done. James, you lucky bastard, get out there and take a step."

Doctor James Williams cheered as he sprinted from Hydroponics and ran to the closest exit, radio and other instruments in hand. "I'm on my way! On my way on my way on my way!" The twenty seven year old felt like a child now. It was like everyone had a birthday on Christmas and he got to open all the presents and play with them first before sharing them with the others. That was the only way he could explain it.

As he reached the exit, his air mask still on his face, he pulled the latch and the first door opened. Once through, it closed behind him. Then when the second door opened, a rush of cool air flowed through, knocking him back a few steps against the other door. He then fell on his bottom as the gravity yanked him down. "Ahh!" he grunted, his bones and muscles suddenly aching. After taking a few breaths to compose himself, he finally took the mask off. He suddenly started coughing, able to only take a few short gasps of air between coughs. "Gack!" he managed to sputter before forcing himself to take a deep breath.

After a few minutes of hacking and coughing, he finally picked up the radio. "I...Ohhh...I...I'm...out...side. Brea-huhhh. Breathing...diff...icult...but...manageable!" He tried to stand up, but only got about half way before having to sit back down. He then decided to get on his knees and crawl out. When he finally reached the ground, he reached out and touched it as if making sure it was real and not a dream. The ground was moist and cool to the touch, but firm. "Hard...ugh. Hard to walk. Hahah. I...am crawling like...a baby." Though he was still coughing a good deal, his breathing seemed to ease a little. "Humidity is...ahem...at 87.6%, temperature...ack! is at 43.4 Fah...Frick! Fahrenheit. Wind speeds at...mmm...approximately seven and...a half KPH." He coughed a few more times to ease the tingling in his throat. "But it's safe to...ahem...come out. Just don't bring any, um, heavy equipment out and when you breath, force yourself to take a few...deep breaths and it gets a little better."

As he crawled towards the lake, he came upon a tree with low limbs. He drops the bag of equipment and grabbed on to a branch and slowly pulled himself up and propped himself up against the tree. His legs ached. "It's hard to walk, but if you can prop yourself up against something, the ship perhaps, standing should help everyone adjust a little. Of course yall know me, I'm a wimp. So you'll probably have a better time at it than my lazy ass." He chuckled. "Come on out, yall. Once you get past all the coughing and wheezing, it actually smells great out here. I'm going to go check the water."

After puting away the radio, he squatted down a little and picked up his bag before taking a few steps. He walked with his legs half bent as he tried to exercise his muscles, but after a few yards he went back to crawling. When he finally reached the water and tested it, he smiled and brought the radio back out. "Water is good. Sodium levels are well within tolerable levels and no hostile organisms." He then scooped his hand down and took a drink. "Oh god, this is the best water I ever had," he said to himself before continuing to drink from the lake.

Jane Koenig

The landing had been rough, the ship shaking and clamoring, everyone holding their breath as they awaited for what would happen next. It was as if suddenly time had stood still and it was just a matter of whether it would resume once more. But, as Jane knew full well, it would. Time never relented. It was as cruel as it was merciless, something she refused to forget. Of course, her sister would pinch her for thinking that. But then, that was their way. How it had always been and would always be.

As the ship--Hope--came to a stand still, no doubt finally landing and resting upon the surface of the alien planet that just might hold the possibility of a future for them all. So Alice would say. Jane found her thoughts suddenly turning to another. To Ozias. Without a doubt the man would be readying himself to go planet side the moment they all got the 'ok' to venture out. Being the man he was, he'd be one of the first to want to explore and see and experience. And almost instantly, she felt the blood rush from her face, her heart speeding up as a wave of fear and nervousness began to consume her.

Without hesitating a moment longer, Jane got up and began to head toward where she knew Ozias would be. Ever since meeting the man--though they'd been children upon their first meeting--she'd had a sixth sense with him. She supposed that was why things were as they'd become. How she always knew...

Running up one of the corridors of the ship, Jane finally came upon a room. One she recognized almost immediately. With one hand, she frantically pushed at her dark hair and scowled, mumbling to herself all her fears and worries. With her other hand, she pressed, hard, on a button. "Let me in. Please," she stated, her voice clearly indicated the way she was feeling now that they'd arrived to a potentially habitable planet.

Ozzy tried his best to keep his balance as the ship suddenly rocked and shook on it's way down to foreign lands. He'd been dreaming of this day for nineteen years now, the entire population of this ship was. Fortunately for him, he had the job that got him out of that piece of metal and on foreign grounds before the rest. He could not hold his excitement back, ignoring all the falling plants from his shelves that broke upon landing, and just focusing on finding all his equipment and gear, and prepping it for the destined moment. The soldiers' ground captain was coming any minute now to lead them outside, and he was not one to be disobeyed. Not that Ozias had any desire to disobey in the first place, he wanted nothing more than to get out of that room and onto the ground. The pictures and movies were not enough anymore. The history textbooks only dated back so much, and their knowledge and teachings of what earth looked like thousands of years ago were dated. Not only that, but this planet had no guarantees to be exactly like earth. It was in a different part of the Galaxy entirely, and it was up to the soldiers to cover that ground and learn it, making it safe for everyone else...making it safe for her.

The thought of Jane made him pause a moment to think. Knowing her, she would be worried sick about him and probably try and keep him from going. He smiled at the thought, his heart beating a little faster as her image came into his mind. He'd known her since they were babies, learning to walk together, kindergarten together, everything. She'd never left his side, and as they grew so did their feelings and intimacy...and to this day, he thought, every time he thought of her, his heart raced no better than a virgin bride. He loved her, yet this was important. This was something she could not talk him out of. He strapped on his boots and laced them, then his pants and sealed them tight. He opened a drawer and grabbed his knives, equipping them onto his pants where they were supposed to go. He took out his armor and threw it on the bed, walking over to his closet next to grab his rifle. Bullets weren't really used anymore, but before he could equip anything else he heard the ring of the door bell. He sighed with a smile crawling up his lips, not even having time to put on a shirt before she was already at his door.

He walked over and pressed a button at the side of the door, letting it slide open and revealing him standing by it. There was an instant wiff of Cannabis that nearly burst out of the room, which was a complete and utter disaster. Partially because of the landing, and partially because he threw everything everywhere to get ready. He smiled at her, shirtless and half dressed for battle.

"Are you going to come in, or stand there looking at me with those eyes that I can't stand...you know more than anyone how much I hate it when you make that look, I feel like dropping everything in the world just to get it off of your face."

He smiled a little more, and took her hand to pull her in, letting the door slide shut behind her.

Jane Koenig

Jane's scowl grew more ferocious, though if one looked closely they could see the smile hidden beneath. She waved her hand and mocked coughed, her eyes shooting daggers in his direction as the aroma of the room struck at her nose. "So this is what you were doing before we landed?" she scoffed as Ozzy pulled her into his room, the door shutting behind them both.

A tiny sigh passed over Jane's lips and she attempted to cross her arms, her dark eyes looking directly into Ozzy's eyes before drifting for a moment to admire his partially unclothed body. She honestly couldn't help it, but she'd never let on. Not while he had that smug look upon his face nor while he teased and prodded. It was just her way and always had been.

"Hrmm... so first that and now you're going to run off onto the crazy planet as if this were a game." Jane's expression softened and she moved a bit closer. "This isn't a game any longer. This isn't a simulation or anything like that. This. This is real." She swallowed hard, her eyes averting as she looked down toward the floor.

Jane could feel it becoming harder to speak, everything tightening in her chest as she tried to find the words to match the emotions she was feeling inside. But, words just didn't do them justice. She also knew that Ozzy had a job to do. An important one. She also new, deep down, that he was one of the most skilled to actually pull things off should anything bad happen.

Oh please don't let anything bad happen.... For a moment, Jane's thoughts went wild. She'd be lost if anything happened.

"Who knows what in the hell is out there. What sort of... crazy... weird... life forms." Jane was stammering over her words as she tried to find something, anything to try and convince Ozzy not to go. But long, drawn out speeches were never her forte. Besides, she knew it wouldn't matter. If Ozzy had a mind to do something, he'd do it. And like it or not... she didn't want him any other way.

One could see Ozzy's expression cringe a moment when she stared daggers into his eyes, and let out a very nervous laugh when she caught on to what he was doing before she came. He knew all too well that when she got angry, there was little anyone could do to soothe her rage. He'd managed it twice. Yes, only twice, and he kept count. "Guilty as charged, I suppose. You know it helps me aim." He smiled as he let her in and he watched her expression soften. He walked in closer towards her so they would talk face to face, his body calling out for her own like a homing instinct. Just as she was hiding nervousness, so was he. He'd never left her alone and gone somewhere she couldn't follow him before.

He only nodded slowly as he listened to every single worry she had, and his hand gripped her own to try and comfort her as she vented to him. He couldn't help but crack a sad smile, waiting until she was finished and looked up at him to talk. He pulled her towards the bed and he sat, gently sipping her onto his lap and dangling her legs off the side of his own. His arm wrapped around her protectively, and his smile tried to brighten up her mood, his touch tried to soothe her worries.

"Six years now, we've been officially...'together', as corny as that sounds. And every day since I've told you I would never leave you, that nothing can take me away from you...a bunch of dirt and trees, along with an afternoon stroll outside won't change that, my gorgeous queen."

He leaned her in against him, yet instinctively he found himself taking shelter against her. His head rested against her breasts, pressing up lightly into the crook of her neck. His arms held her against him and he closed his eyes for a few moments, just hugging her and taking in breaths to hang on to her ever so familiar scent.

"Did I tell you that I love you, yet?"

Jane Koenig

Jane had all she could do to keep her composure, to remain steadfast to her purpose in seeking Ozzy out as she had. But, the way he looked at her, touched her hand and pulled her to him. It was all she could do to remain standing. Already she could feel herself melting and just as her body was about to give itself away, he'd sat himself down and brought her down with him upon his lap. It was a tiny victory, she knew, but she'd take it. As it was, she could already feel herself faltering in his presence. He just had that way about him. Always did. And she never expected that to change, though honestly she never wanted it to either.

Her thoughts were scattered, all over the place as she thought about what dangers could be in store for him... for them all... out on this alien planet in which they all now found themselves. Logic and reason, of course, let her know that this was part of the process. This was the destiny and prime mission of their ship, what they'd all been wanting and needing. After all, they couldn't remain on a ship--forever nomads--without a planet to call home... could they? No. They couldn't. Humans weren't designed that way.

Biting down on her lip, Jane looked at Ozzy. God, it was hard not to smile. And then he said it... those words. "Damn it, Ozzy... you know, you make it so hard to stay mad. You know that, right?" Her eyebrows knitted together as she instinctively reached an arm around him and began to gently caress his back. She then leaned against him as her dark eyes pricked with tears she refused to let fall. "I love you so much," she whispered so that he couldn't hear the crack she knew would sound in her voice if she'd tried to speak in a normal tone. "Just... I..." she tripped over her words, none of them coming, all of them floating away and out of reach. But she supposed it didn't matter. Words were never her strong point. That was Alice's area... her twin and polar opposite.

Blinking back the tears, Jane pulled back a bit and looked into Ozzy's eyes and finally donned a partial smile. "Just promise me you won't linger more than necessary, don't do anything risky and when you're finished, you'll come straight back to me...?" Her eyes looked at him hopefully. Pausing a moment, she then added, "Please."

Frankie stretched her small frame far to the ceiling of the galley. She’d been bent over a counter trying to make it shine for the last hour. David was working on securing things for landing. At least that was what she assumed. It wasn’t that she didn’t care; it was that she didn’t want to bother him. She smiled at the thought; it wasn’t so long ago that she’d have only watched him from afar. However with the upcoming arrival James had suggested for her to help in the kitchen. Her work with him would help David out once they arrived on land. The announcement caught her b surprise, she thought the call would come later in the day, their timing must have been better than expected.

Letting out an excited squeal she almost wanted to hug the giant she called friend. Instead she smiled at him and strapped herself into one of the built in seats off to the side of the kitchen. The kitchen, even after being strapped down, was still a dangerous place. “I can’t believe it… we’ll be there soon. Perhaps we will soon be able to feel land, smell flowers and see the sky.” Her chocolate depths sparkled with excitement, like a child. “Oh, ohh, this means I’ll get to see the sunset.” Her words and thoughts were shut off by the violent shaking of the spacecraft as it maneuvered toward their home. Their new home.

Silence. Yawning she popped her ears before gazing up at David in the eerie stillness as they waited. The Captain’s voice came on again directing James to go on out. Francesca unclipped and went into motion, legs and body moved slower than her mind wanted. She had to prepare, “I’ll come get you when I head out.” She called this over her shoulder to David as she took off out the door. Her room was on the other side of the ship, as soon as the soldiers got out of the way she’d be on the ground with the rest. Hope had landed, they were here finally.

Each update was like music to her ears, she slid out of her apron and food stained clothing before slipping into clean clothes and moving to the alternate exit. She hadn’t lied she needed to see the soldiers off before getting him. Knowing how he felt about most others she wanted to save him the stress. Few others, none military, milled about. She shared excited smiles with them before turning her eyes to the wide hatch that would open soon and let in and out the sights and sounds of their planet. Her heart beat soundly in her chest, how she envied James now being out there. She’d soon enough be there and waited with eager anticipation as the soldiers readied to hit the ground, Frankie wished they’d hurry.

Ozzy never felt more at ease than when he touched her the way he did now. To hold her against his body like that, to feel her hand reaching around his back and caress it, there was nothing he craved more in the world. For those few seconds of silence and pure embrace, he forgot about the world. He sank into her touch, her pull. She was his heart and soul, his own heart only beating when it made sure hers did first. His hands tightened around her and pulled her closer against him, taking her legs and sliding them at each side of his waist so she could slide a little further in. He could not help but smile after listening to hear berate him for fizzling away her anger at the whole situation, and in response he pressed his face closer to her, nuzzling her neck affectionately and lovingly as she talked and told him she loved him. His hands shook a second when he heard the words hit his ear, the same reaction when she told him the very first time when they were children. It still shook his entire being, it still filled him with such euphoria and love that his body could not remain still.

"And I love you...more than the entire world's languages have no words for me to properly describe to you how much I love you."

He didn't want to leave her any more than she want to left him. All around the ship he was known as the one who didn't really give a crap, who only smoked his plants and did his duty as a soldier. But she knew different. She knew that he was the most protective person on this entire ship. She knew how he felt about putting anyone besides himself in danger. She knew that he would never show that, that he was not one to boast. He would kill anyone that even breathed wrong towards her, and his tightening grip on her body confirmed it every single day. His body started lightly sweating from nervousness of leaving her, but he knew that she already had enough on her mind worrying about him. He wouldn't tell her how dead scared of leaving her he was. He couldn't.

She looked up at him, and he flashed her the biggest handsome smile he could. He nodded at her request, and his head leaned in so that his lips trailed her own for a second before speaking, brushing against her own as the words escaped him.

"You are my gravity...I can't jump too far, for too long, without coming right back down to you. Ask for the sun and I would bring it to you with a ribbon on top. The second I don't have to be out there...I will be right back here, at the mercy of your rosy lips."

James
As his breathing got easier and the coughing started to subside, the water actually helping to relax his throat a little, James slowly got back on his feet, but just barely, in a squatting position. He then made his way back to the tree near by and propped himself on the lower branch as he had done before and watched as a few people came off the ship, mostly excited civilians not worried about protocol at this moment. Seeing everyone stumbling and falling and coughing just like he had done made him laugh a little. He was so caught up with taking readings, actually being on real ground, breathing actual air, and drinking actual water that hadn't been recycled from who knows what over hundreds of years that he didn't stop to just look around. It was indeed a beautiful place. Green grass, trees, mountains in the distance, it was all breath taking. Though everything looked similar to the pictures and videos he had watched, there were a lot of differences.

The grass was a darker shade of green, the sky was a darker shade of blue, and the dirt itself had a greenish tint to it. Most of the trees seemed to be a lot bigger as well, not so much as in height, but definitely in girth, the smallest tree he had seen so far having about a six foot diameter, the average having about a ten foot diameter. A lot of the trees, now that he actually looked at them, were also different in a variety of ways. While some looked like traditional trees, they had different leaves or strange fruit. A large tree not too far away had what looked like a cross between a coconut and a banana, large and football shaped with yellow rinds. Other trees, he noticed, were just tall columns covered in leaves and berries and had no branches. A few others also had no branches, in the traditional sense, but rather large thorns covered with smaller thorn covered with yet smaller thorns and looked to be covered with grass instead of leaves.

After hearing some strange screeching noises, James looked up, his eyes opened wide as he saw the first living beings other than humans he had seen with his own eyes. Large birds that resembled eagles but with different shades of blue and green feathers that were almost as big as humans, not counting their wings. Some of them looked down at them, but for the most part flew on as if they weren't even there. But as beautiful as they were, James hoped that was as close as they got. The last thing they needed was a flock of large, hostile birds attacking them while they could barely even stand, much less fight anything. And with that thought, James called out to everyone on his radio. "Hey! Be sure not to wonder off. Everyone stay close to the ship until Ozzy secures everything, if he's done securing Jane that is!" James let out a small laugh. "No telling what all may inhabit this world and last thing we need right now is some hostile lifeform getting a taste for our blood."

Jane Koenig

Jane's dark eyes searched Ozzy's as she looked at him, her nerves still roiling about her insides as he held her close. She took in the warmth of him for that moment, committing it and every last bit of him to memory as she tried her best to delay him just that much more. Honestly, she didn't know quite what it was--fear of change, perhaps--that was eating at her, but she couldn't help it. She just couldn't get herself to feel as giddy as everyone else around her. Sure, she'd watched the old videos and holographics, seen the images... everything. And even all the logic within her brain tried to sooth her, doing its best to let her know just how much they all needed this.

This change.

It wasn't healthy for them all to be cooped up as they'd been, roaming the infinite black ocean as if they were aimless nomad with no destination, no purpose, no sense of anything. Truth was, that wasn't who any of them were. And she knew once she got accustomed to things, her guard would ease up and she'd feel better. At least she had a twin to help and, better yet... Ozzy.

The corners of Jane's lips twitched and a smile tugged harder at them, daring her to let go and give in. But damn! It was hard. It always was when it came to anyone she cared about and top of that list came her sister and Ozzy. Always. Always and forever. "I'm going to hold you to that, you know," she stated, her expression softening further as her body all but molded to his. Just then, she let out a sigh, her head resting against him so that her dark hair spilled along his body in waves. "Otherwise I'll never forgive you."

Of course, those final words were said in play, Jane's way of expressing just how much she'd miss him while he was gone. Suddenly, her arms tightened about him and she could feel her eyes pricking with tears again. Oh, she wanted to curse herself for this rollercoaster of emotions she was suddenly displaying. Honestly, only he brought this side out in her. Not even Alice could render her this chaotic in her thoughts and feelings. Only Ozzy.

Only Ozzy.

Sitting back up. Jane knew her eyes glistened slightly, but she was beyond the point of hiding now. Though, she'd never make mention of her damnable eyes. "Now, I expect you back soon. All right?" she started, pausing for a moment as she brought a hand up to his face and touched him. "I'm sure quite a lot of people will be heading out soon enough to see the 'sights', my sister included. Me... I'll wait, thank you. No sense in everyone acting the fool." Again she paused, her eyes studying him long and hard. "Now, go be the soldier I know you are. I'll be here waiting for you once you get back."

At that, Jane let her hand rest against Ozzy's face and she looked up at him and finally... smiled.

Alice Koenig

Alice had only just caught a glimpse of Jane as the dark haired girl ran along the ship's main corridor away from the medical area where they'd been stationed during the ship's landing. Fortunately, no one was in poor health or in dire need of medical attention so the landing procedure in general hadn't been too horrible--save the few items here and there that managed to escape the security of where they'd been put away for safe keeping. But then again, none of them had known just how rough it would be when it came time to finally land the vessel in its entirety. To say it had been 'smooth sailing' would've been a bold faced lie, however, all things considered, it went better than expected.

Then again, Alice knew it would.

After Jane disappeared--clearly on her way to find Ozias, she was certain--she peeked back into the main medical bay area and got a nod that she could leave. Her blue eyes sparkled and she let out a tiny squeak of delight. This was the moment she'd been waiting for! All her life she'd been waiting for this moment, never knowing if the time would occur during her life time or someone else's. But... here it was. Happening in her very own! Truly, it was amazing!

Racing up the corridor, Alice honed in on every detailed message that sounded over the intercoms throughout the ship. There was no way she'd miss a thing. Not now, not ever! These were spectacular times! To think, she was a part of history in the making! One of the first to see and breathe the new life they'd soon all be living on this newly found planet. It was quite humbling. She could hear James over the speakers, her lips moving into a broad smile as she heard his voice. He sounded so happy... no, elated!

Yes, elated! The very thought made Alice giggle as her hands began to move so that her fingers could run themselves through her wavy blonde tresses. The tiny pixie was all smiles as she made her way to where everyone was beginning to congregate, the soldiers leading the way. She wondered if Ozzy was there... probably. And no doubt that meant Jane would be in a mood. But no matter. Nothing was going to dampen this day! In just a short amount of time, she'd soon be outside the stuffy ship and breathing air... real air! For the first time ever!

Oh the thought! Again, Alice giggled.

As Alice smiled, she listened to James' voice and closed her eyes. Her mind swirled as she tried to imagine what everything looked like. Soon. Soon she'd get to see it with her own eyes. And oh, she couldn't wait!

Ozias seemed to lose himself against her touch. She had this way about her that made him forget everything around him and just focus on her, without giving care to anyone else that needed him. Him holding her against him was his only reason to be. He smiled brightly at her when he finally got her to crack a smile for him, and nuzzeled her for a moment before static made it's way to his ears from his pants' pocket, and James' little hilarity came through. He squinted when he heard it, looking at Jane with peery-playful eyes as no doubt she'd heard it too. "See, you got me in trouble. I really gotta go now."

He laughed lightly and leaned in to steal a quick kiss from her lips, and stood up to gether the rest of his gear. He threw on the rest of his armor quickly, one piece at a time. Finally once ready, he grabbed his rife and threw it around his back, latching it behind him and keeping it in place. He leaned down and locked on his boots, keeping his helmet retracted. It had this unique feature to stick to his neck, and when a button was pushed, it would extend and incase his face. For now, he wanted to smell the air with his own nose, to feel the breeze against his skin. He couldn't wait to finish.

Finally he was ready, and with a quick turn he faced Jane one last time. "Alright, I'll come get you myself as soon as everything is secured." He flashed her a smile and stole a quick kiss from her lips, before turning and pushing the door's button, having it open for him. He made his way down the halls, with his gear surprinsigly silent despite being made of a metal-like alloy. He passed by a few passangers who all wished him luck and saftey, nodding to all of them until he made his way towards the exit.

"You're really funny, James." He snickered, getting back at him for his last teasing comment. "I'm coming out now, hold your position until I secure your perimeter."

At long last, the ship's door slowly opened and with every passing second, Ozias' eyes widened further and further. The bright light hit him like nothing he'd ever seen before, a breeze wind darted into the ship and ran along his face, sending never before felt cold shivers down his spine. It was a moment of true beauty and admiration when the door finally opened all the way for him, his eyes struggling to keep up with all the new colors and bright shapes that filled them. His nose twitched lightly, adjusting to the never before taken smells. It took him a moment, but he finally took his first steps out of the ship, and looked down as his feet sank in a little bit of dirt and mud. Just then, he snapped into reality when he tried to take a breath. He did not expect it to be so difficult.

He burst into a small coughing spree, reaching down to click on his radio and broadcast to whoever was hearing.

"The--hell...is this...James..."

He gasped for air over and over, until slowly his lung began to adjust lightly. A few minutes passed, and he regained some control over his lung muscle's movements, his breath adjusting to it's proper cause. He spotted James by a tree, and while clearing his throat he started making his way towards him. He pressed the button and his helmet encased his face, his head darting from left to right to quickly take in the surroundings, his mind working like a beehive, deducing statistics and calculating distances. He finally made his way to James, who was staring at some birds flying over top.

"Alright, grab your gun and let's secure the area around this tree. It'll make a good camping spot for the night in case it rains or hails...who knows what this planet's weather could do. We'll worry about sending convoys to explore in the morning."

He looked around the tree for a moment, his mind drifting off for a second before he grabbed his radio and clicked it. "And by the way, to anyone in the ship who sees the Ground Captain. Tell him we're on the GROUND. He's sleeping on the job." He clicked it off, and slipped it back into his pocket.

"By the way James, there's a giant bug on your shoulder."

James smiled as Ozzy came out. When it came to keeping people out of danger, he listened to the troops, And Ozzy was one of the best. "My gun? My gun." He then started going through his bags quickly. "Crud, I hope I packed it. I never use guns, I probably forgot all about the damned...Ah ha!" He then pulled it out, a tiny little thing compared to what most others had. It was a small ray gun no bigger than his hand. "Things scare the hell out of me, you know."

When Ozias pointed out the bug on his shoulder, James looked at it and his eyes opened wide. "Okay, make no sudden movements. No telling how dangerous this even the smallest creature around here could be." He then slowly bent down and grabbed a pair of tweezers from one of his bags and a small jar. Very carefully, he grabbed the bug, both not to harm the bug and to not make it bite or sting him. He then placed it in the jar and quickly shut the lid before it could fly out. James then held the jar up like it was a priceless artifact. "I need to study this," he said. He then grabbed his radio and called Francesca, his assistant. "Hey Frankie. Can you bring my Chem Kit from the lab please? And ask about getting a few tables out here. Those ground vehicles need to be tested out here anyways."

He then put a hand on Ozzy's shoulder. "Oh, you HAVE to try this water," he said with a smile as he motioned over to the lake. "Pure, non-recycled water! Never knew such a base substance could taste so freakin good." He then started walking, now a bit more easier than before, to the lake.

David King

It had been a long day of preparation in the galley of Hope, an area that- for all intents and purposes- had come to be known as the Troll's Cave among some of the more mean-spirited crewmen and women of the massive ship. As Hope began it's preparations to touch down, David had already begun his duties for the day and was just finishing up with securing the last bits of loose cutlery when the final descent call came. It was then that he knew, everything not nailed to the wall or floor had to be secured as if the ship were about to explode, so as not to come loose during descent and potentially hurt someone. Realistically, the only two people the heavy cookware and utensils could hurt were David himself and Francesca, and frankly the giant had all but gotten used to the sting of an errant pan or stockpot thumping his skull.

David worked in silence, never once giving an indication that he was anything more than some sort of automaton, his large frame working meticulously to strap everything in place, his powerful muscles making the task seem trivial to any who would have seen him work. As Frankie strapped herself into a nearby seat for safety, David continued his task- a little bump here or there was nothing to the gentle giant.

When the ship finally touched down and stopped moving, it was as if (in David's mind at the least) the Old Deities of the Norse pantheon themselves could not contain the lightning speed at which Francesca left the galley. The behemoth of a man knew he would be called when all was well to come out and greet the planet they would call their new home, but for the time being.... David was content to wait and keep himself busy.

As David left the kitchen, his massive frame slowly lumbering back to his room, a small part inside of him couldn't help but break through the usual cloud of misery and numbness he felt. This part was something he hadn't felt in a while. How ironic that it would also be the very feeling for which the ship he had called home all his life.

It was Hope. Yet it was only a faint glimmer.

I can finally be free. I can just.... stop. he thought, his inscrutable features betraying nothing of the turmoil in David's heart. Whereas the rest of the ship was alive with excitement in the the longest time anybody could remember, David's was the one soul onboard that could feel nothing. As he stepped into his room, David booted up a video on a personal vid-player and lied down on the massive bed that had to be jury-rigged for his extranormal size. As he watched the screen play the contents of the data file- something or other about a game called EVE they used to play in the 21st century- his thoughts turned to those whom he had been close to.

I wish dad were here to see this. He'd know what to say. he thought, his eyes not paying attention to the video. "I miss you, Dad." he said aloud.

Alice Koenig

Alice watched with wide and eager eyes as the soldiers made their way out onto the planet's surface first. As the mass of men and women who'd spent their lives preparing for this moment exited the ship, she couldn't help but envy them. Oh to be the very first to step onto their new home!! But even still, this was history in the making... all of them were going to be the first to forge the path to a new life and home on a place they'd soon be calling their own. Just then, she tilted her head in wonder. Just what would they be calling their planet? Oh, sure, there had been so many technical names thrown about along with other proposed ideas. But really... what would they call it? Really call it... Her hand covered her heart in that moment as her mind drifted. But all too soon, it snapped back into the moment, into the excitement.

A smile crept over Alice's lips, her pale eyes sparkling as she watched the soldiers leaving. In a fleeting glimpse, she swore she'd seen Ozias among them all--one of the very first leading the way. Not a surprise. It made her wonder how Jane was holding up. Her twin was probably a wreck on the inside, but walking calm on the outside. Oh Jane... if only she'd let go. Just once. She was missing out on so much and it saddened her deeply. Even now, these new and exciting steps... just where was she? Hiding away? Letting out a sigh, she knew right well that her sister was.

Trying not to dwell on what she could not change, Alice focused on that ramp. The ramp that led to the precious outside. She could hear all the laughter and excitement in everyone's voices as they moved about outside, taking their first breaths of real air, their first drinks of real water. How lucky! How... amazing! The moment she'd heard it was all right for civilians to venture outside, so long as it was close to the ship itself, she didn't hesitate to move. Tucking her blonde hair behind an ear, she set her jaw and let her feet do their work. In an instant, she was running down the ramp and outside.

As Alice approached the surface, going through each passage that led her closer and closer to the outdoors, she could feel strange things occurring to her body. Finally, the final door opened and her blue eyes took in the wonders of the real outside. She blinked several times, almost fearing that she was in a dream and would somehow wake up. Smiling, her eyes beginning to tear, she took a step. For a moment, she faltered. The gravity... it was... different. Not like the gravity simulated on the ship at all. Gasping from the near fall, she sucked in a sharp breath. The moment she did, she began to cough violently causing her to bend at the waist and finally fall to her knees. The air... it, too, was... different. Still coughing, she tried to gain her sense of bearing. Covering her mouth, she tried to calm herself. Soon enough, her lungs stopped seizing and her breaths came a bit easier.

Once Alice began to breathe a bit better, she looked around at the wonders of the new world around her. Home. This was home. And just what curious wonders did it hold? She could only begin to speculate.

Jane Koenig

Jane couldn't help herself as she paced and paced about Ozzy's room. It was what she did whenever she was worried about something. Well, that among other things. But she always had to find something to keep her mind occupied or else she'd go literally mad! And right now, she could feel the worry and fear inside bubbling inside so badly that she felt as though she would burst... or collapse... or worse. Regardless, the outcome wouldn't be acceptable and she had to avoid it at all costs. Stopping for a moment, she glanced about the room, her chocolatey eyes taking in everything. Shaking her head, she let out a sigh.

The room was a mess. A complete and total disaster. Quite honestly, it was in need of a thorough cleaning. It wasn't by any means dirty, but the clutter! It was just... Again, Jane shook her head and began to wring her hands together. At that, her mind began to swirl with thoughts. Unclasping her hands, she brought one up and tapped her chin thoughtfully and cracked a smile.

"This'll do," she muttered to herself, quite pleased with herself.

Immediately, Jane began to move. She made her way across the room and got down on her knees on the floor. Without further delay, she began to grab at things, picking things up one by one and placing them on her lap. Once her lap was full, she gathered everything up in her arms and laid them on Ozzy's bed. Smiling, she then got back down on the floor and began to pick up more things... her mind set on cleaning up his place until it was clutter-free and spotless.

20px1qx.jpg

Donovan-

Donovan pulled his boots on and laced them up as he listened to the announcements over the intercom. A smile crept across the man's face right before he pulled his mask over his head so that he could breath. He took his time getting ready not wanting to rush things, he knew that everything he had worked for and studied would now finally be paying off. Although Donovan did what he could to help out on the ship his true strengths and skills were meant to be used on land which they were now finally approaching. Donovan stood and put his gun in it's holster and exited his room then made his way down the corridors of the ship.

When he got outside he could see everyone coughing and stumbling around a bit. The man sighed under his mask his first thought being that the planet's climate was too much for the people who had just exited. As soon as he spotted James and Ozzy he knew that the people just needed to get used to the air seeing as the two men seemed to be breathing a bit better after being out there for a little bit.

Donovan removed the mask and like everyone else began coughing, damn it was hard to breathe and even stand. After a few moments Donovan realized he was on one knee as he began to slowly catch his breath. A little while passed before Donovan regained himself and slowly but surely got to his feet and began to walk slowly towards the others. When he reached them he let out another cough before spitting out what had come up, "Well that was something I don't wanna have to ride out again" ,he stated in his usual gruff tone. "So we're gonna set up camp? We'll have to figure out if there's edible plants around, a good place to start growing plants hopefully the land will take to farming, you said there was life out here James we'll also have to figure out if any of the wildlife here can be eaten" ,Donovan began. The man had been planning for years for this day to come and he had nearly everything they needed to do listed in his head. "Home sweet home, finally we're here, good job guys" ,Donovan stated as he looked around.

James
Seeing Alice outside, cough and getting her breath back, James turned his attention from Ozzy, grabbed a jar, filled it with water, and went as fast as he could to her. He then knelt down beside her and and put an arm around her shoulder. "Hi Alice," he said with a smile and a soft tone. "So happy you made it out here." She was one of his best friends, having grown up together. Well, everyone on the ship pretty much grew up together, but it was her he spent most of his off time with. He really liked her, a lot. As more than just a friend. But he was always too shy to tell her, afraid she wouldn't feel the same way and it would damage their friendship. She was so beautiful, so spirited, so sweet. He liked everything about her. Especially her pretty smile.

As he offered her the water, he gently rubbed her back. "Here, drink this. It will help with the breathing and tastes good to boot," he said with a smiled and a soft chuckle. "Isn't it beautiful? I still hard to believe this is happening in our life time. It was supposed to be our great grandchildren, originally. But thank goodness for pulsars, right?"

When Donovan approached, James nodded it the the captain. "Yes, I asked Frankie already to bring my chem kit and to get some tables brought out here so I can set up a lab. I could test things in the ship's lab, but it would yield more accurate results if I tested everything in its natural habitat. As for setting up camp, I hadn't though about. Sounds great though. I always wondered what it would be like to go camping." He then looked around a bit as he observed the immediate area. "There are a lot of fruits and berries around here, but most of them are kinda high in the trees. But if anyone can manage to get their hands on some, have them bring them directly to me or Frankie so we can test them and make sure they are edible."

Jane roamed his thoughts as he watched everyone coming out of the ship and coughing their lungs out trying to adjust to the gravity and density of the air. He knew she wouldn't be coming out yet, but he kept an eye out for her just in case. At this point his lungs were already adjusted. He was one of the most fit and well toned men on the ship, and through severe training with his father his body adapted faster than the rest of Hope's passengers. Then again, it was his job to adapt and be better in order to protect the people who are not at his level. He'd make a pretty lousy soldier if he didn't. His attention was caught by the oncoming ground captain, who fell to a knee trying to adjust to the air himself. A tiny smirk of victory slipped across his face, yet the helmet hid it. It was a rare moment to see the Captain struggle so, a sight not seen often at all.

He remembered that James had given him fresh water, and he pressed the button against his helmet to have it retract back again. He put the bottle to his mouth and took a drink, blinking lightly. It was...colder...fresher...it made what they drank and called water on the ship taste like piss in comparison. Ozzy looked around playfully, waited till no one was looking, and ever so discretely slipped the bottle into his pouch. Lets hope James forgets about it, he thought to himself with a snicker. From the corner of his eye, he saw Alice come out of the ship and have her own struggles. Of corse she would be among the first outside, so was her nature...so unlike her sister. His eyebrow raised curiously when he saw James dart towards her and try and ease her through her adjustment process, a grin coming along his lips as he watched with interest.

"You didn't give me any back rubs James, and here I am with rifle in hand ready to protect you and everything. Am I not fair enough for you?"

He walked up to Alice and stuck his face beside her, cheek to cheek. "See, am I not just as pretty~" He grinned teasingly. Being so close with Jane automatically made him close with Alice. He loved her, though in a much different way than James probably did. She was like an impromptu little sister in law for him, and the situation called for a little bit of teasing.

James shook his head, a wide smile on his face as he took the joke in stride. "Well of course you are, Ozzy. You're as fair as a warm breeze from an exhaust duct and as pretty as a sunset on Captain Scott's rear end." He then laughed as he playfully patted Ozias on his cheek. "Besides, I thought you were tough enough to man it out. But if you want message to sooth your pains, I will gladly offer it." He then patted him on the back and laughed, still holding the jar of water out for Alice. "So where's Jane? Is she adjusting okay? She isn't the only one afraid of change, I think we're all afraid in some way. Just my curiosity and excitement drowned it out."

20px1qx.jpg

Donovan-

When James mentioned climbing the trees to get the berries Donovan took a look around at some of the trees that held the various berries then looked back to James who was now assisting a young woman who he seemed quite fond of. Donovan didn't interact much on the ship except for when he was talking about landing or helping out with different things. "I can collect some of each type I'll get some samples of whatever's in the trunks of the trees too there may be water or sap that could be used, I'll color coat everything and label it for ya" , Donovan began. "I'm sure Ozzy and the other soldiers can keep watch while I work".

With that Donovan made his way back onto the ship to grab some supplies then headed towards the trees. Before climbing Donovan removed his vest and set it at the base of the tree before tying a rope around the trunk then fastening it to his belt. When everything was secure Donovan started climbing, for a rather heavy man Donovan was agile and made climbing the tree look rather easy. Donovan cut some of the berries off of the first tree and placed them into a container and marked it with a red sticker then climbed down and marked the tree with red as well before taking his knife and stabbing it into the trunk and turning it to make a hole. He then stuck a metal tube-like tool into the hole and filled a small phial with the liquid that came out. Donovan did this same thing to the rest of the trees before bringing his findings over to James.

"This is what I got everything's marked until we get used to what's what around here" ,he informed him. "I'm gonna head away from the ship for a bit and look for other plants possibly animals whatever I find I'll bring it back to you and your team".

Donovan then took his leave not waiting for an answer, the man had a job to do and that was all he was focused on. He wanted to get as much figured out as quickly as possible and as long as he was now able to breathe and walk around it would be hard for anyone to catch his attention unless he was giving orders or talking about whatever he finds. As Donovan got further away from the ship he placed a hand on his handgun just in case he'd need to use it for any reason. The man looked around and noticed quite a few different trees and plants that bore what looked like fruit so he gathered and labeled as he walked.

Alice Koenig

Alice could feel a heat rising to her cheeks. She was certain if she touched them they'd feel warm and there was no doubt in her mind that if she'd had a mirror the red tint would be more than visible to her cool blue eyes. Giggling, she immediately shoved Ozzy, nudging him with her elbow as he jested and teased. Her giggles only increased as James played along, adding to the banter. As she laughed, she began to cough a bit, a hand raising up so that she could thump it hard against her chest in order to catch her breath.

"Well, while you two admire each other and give each other massages, I'll take some of that water," Alice then said as she reached for the water James had offered her moments ago. Her eyes sparkled mischievously as she subtly shook her head at Ozzy and his silliness. Though a trained soldier, he knew when to relax and just live--something she found to be a great quality about him. He was also truly like a brother to her and she adored him completely--a partner in crime in some ways. Though truth be told, she couldn't have asked for a better man for her sister as he was exactly the sort her twin needed.

Just then, Alice then turned toward James, her lips spreading into a small smile as she giggled a little more. Her hands reached for the jar, her fingers lightly brushing his fingers as she grasped it. Still smiling, she took hold of the thing and slowly brought it to her lips to take a sip. The water was cold, refreshing and oh... It was so delicious!

As Alice brought the jar away from her lips, she looked at both men and smiled, saying, "Yummy."

Ozias snickered lightly at Alice as they all teased back and forth, watching the ground captain take off to lead the charge in exploring their surroundings further and tried to gather some food. He was never really one to wait for confirmation. Not even just because he was the Ground Captain and he's the one giving orders, it was just his personality. He looked at a few soldiers patrolling by, and waved them over lightly, stepping away from the group a moment. They all whispered a few words to each other, before the two soldiers saluted and took off after the ground captain discretely. Just in case he got himself tangled with something he couldn't handle all on his own.

His attention was drawn back by Alice and James, smiling at them before looking back at the ship's passengers who were still struggling as they slowly flooded out. He stepped to Alice and leaned down to take an innocent kiss from her cheek, smiling. "I'm going to go see if Jane is out yet, and help these people breathe...never thought I'd say that, ever." He snorted, before waving to James lightly and walking over to the ship's door. He was more a crossing guard than a soldier at this point, but the situation demanded for it. He would scout on his own later, something he wasn't really looking forward to telling Jane about.

"Alright folks, one at a time, don't push, we'll be here for the rest of our lives. Form a line here and sit down until your breathing regulated, then walk over to James and he'll provide you with your first fresh planetary water."

The directions came into her ear just as she was maneuvering back through the halls and corridors of the ship to retrieve David. Chem kit and tables, this was something she could do. The kit was an easy find and her lips broke into a wide smile as she shouldered the kit. Biting her lip she shut off the lights and left the room as it was. Her footsteps were light as she moved through the halls quickly, dodging soldiers and civilians alike in her haste to gather David and view their new home.

Letting the excitement build and have kept him waiting long enough she rushed into the galley. “David, let’s get out there and see what we can…” Her wide smile dropped, “David?” Frankie slightly panicked when she couldn’t find him. Since she was sixteen she’d been at his side, not that he noticed. She was certain she annoyed him more than helped him. Realization dawned on her and she smiled. His room was his oasis outside of the galley.

Readjusting the chem kit on her back she moved down to his room. Pressing the doorbell she also hit the intercom. Meet me at the side door David and we’ll go outside together. I’ve got to get some tables for James. Five minutes, see you there.” She was trying not to overwhelm the male with her excitement. She and Alice had spent hours talking quietly about what the planet would look like. A pang of jealousy hit her when she knew Alice was seeing it first. Passing Ozzy’s door she thought of Jane, Alice’s twin sister. Everyone seemed to be paired off. People looped her and David together but it wasn’t the case, at least she didn’t think so.

Batting her chocolate eyes gained her the assistance of a few soldiers who carted out four tables for her and James to use, perhaps even David. Again she moved through the hallways, this time less people were about making travelling easier on her. She hoped David was waiting on her when she arrived, though she knew she wouldn’t mind waiting for him. Her mind flipped to Donovan, she’d have see where he had in mind for them to set up. “Donovan and James, I have some men coming out with tables, please direct them to the area set aside for us. Please.” She clicked off the headset and waited.

Alice Koenig

Alice smiled and nodded at Ozzy as she took another sip of the water. Her blue eyes sparkled and she stifled the giggle that tried its best to escape her at the mentioning of her sister's name. Oh Jane. No doubt she was cooping herself up and forcing herself to miss out on everything fun and exciting! Why her sister felt the constant need to deprive herself of all the fun, she'd never understand. Of course, she did understand that they were somewhere new and that meant there were potential dangers. But honestly... they'd been cooped up on that ship for their whole lives! Why not live a little and allow themselves the luxury of what life was granting them. After all, wasn't this what they'd been after and seeking?

"You go do that. Get her out here, she needs to loosen up," Alice said after she brought the water jar away from her lips. She then turned to James and giggled softly. "This place is just amazing! So beautiful... more than I imagined! Better than those images!"

As Alice watched Ozzy take off, she noticed Frankie heading out of the ship and towards herself and James. Immediately, she gave her friend a happy wave. She could easily see the excitement strewn on the girl's face as it most definitely resembled her own. The two had spent countless hours dreaming and scheming of this moment, often times wondering if it would ever truly happen in their lifetime. Yet... here they were living the dream! It was real! And more than she'd hoped for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom