Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Randy and Baby (Uncle Dis and Enos)

Baby grinned, "We should have more someday, they turn out so beautifully," she said, half jokingly.

He winked at her, causing the eye to change color so that they were both black. "You never know."

And so the weeks went on, with Randy VIII and Baby growing more fond of one another and spending time together. It seemed they had fallen into the patterns of a typical couple, though the word had never actually been spoken between them. Still, Randy VIII was slowly beginning to realize the extent to which he enjoyed her company, and that the feelings he had for her were not quite like any he'd had before. In a sense, they were a combination of things he'd felt for others, with something slightly different brewing beneath the surface...

Baby was falling in love, there was no question, she was worried that her feelings were one-sided but Randy's behavior seemed to indicate that on some level the affection was mutual. One day she decided to discuss things with him.....

Though he did share her affection and Baby was the only one to have ever made him feel as she did, she was not the only one to catch Randy VIII's eye. That particular day, he was entertaining a female Schickelgruber, who'd brought a book of matches and some rubber gloves for a sort of game that Baby herself wouldn't have been able to play without risking some serious damage--but was a favorite of Randy VIII's.

As Baby was on her way to talk to Randy she heard sounds coming from his room, it didn't take her long to realize he had another woman in there. She shouldn't have been surprised, just because she and Randy had been sleeping together didn't mean they were a couple, and it seemed clear to her that Randy certainly didn't feel the same way she did about things. He had his own life, and while they enjoyed a physical relationship it seemed that she was merely there because he felt responsible for her....not out of a sense of love. Somehow this revelation hurt her much more than it should have and by the time she got to her room and began packing she was in tears...

Some minutes later, Randy VIII and his guest ventured back downstairs and he followed her as far as the front door to tell her goodbye.

Baby was coming downstairs, bag in hand, dressed up to leave. When she saw Randy she froze.

"W..well I was thinking....I make enough money to live on my own now, there's no reason for me to keep living here," said Baby, not meeting his eye.

"Woah woah woah, you're movin' out?" Randy approached her. "You... Don't you need me to help you with the baby?"

"We can still take care of her, she can stay with you when I work and come home with me in the evening and Gloria can watch her if we're both busy." said Baby, "I....I can't just stay here living off of your good will forever, I need to move forward with my life, maybe someday marry and have more children, it's better if I let you live your life while I try to live mine,"

"You don't wanna stay here with me?" Randy asked quietly. "I-I promise you it ain't no trouble..."

"W..well it's not like we're a couple, you....you have your relationships and someday I'll possibly have mine, it would be awkward to stay," she said.

"Oh." Randy VIII looked down at the floor, his brow furrowing more deeply as he wrestled with the idea of her leaving and the strange sense of nausea it seemed to have brought him. "You... you got your own half of the house," he reasoned, his cheeks starting to turn green. "You don't hafta see me if you don't wanna." He glanced back up at her. "But..." He froze, realizing just what it was that was making his insides churn.

"But?" Baby raised her eyebrows, poised on her toes with her bag clutched in both hands as though she were ready to take flight at any given moment.

"But I'd really miss havin' you here," Randy continued. "I..." He fidgeted, drawing a hand up to his mouth as the words clung in a mix of fear, confusion, and embarrassment. For something he'd never known before, it was making itself known loudly now, screaming at him not to let her walk out that door, not to let her break whatever it was that they had before it really had a chance to grow...

"You'll be fine, and besides, your girlfriends might not like my being here," she replied, her eyes filling with tears she tried not to let him see.

He tilted his head at her. "What girlfriends? You mean like the girl that just left? She just a girl I met the other day; we ain't together or nothin'," he insisted.

"But......neither are you and I," said Baby, tears finally escaping, she had hoped to make it outside and away before she crumbled. But is seemed it was no good now.

"Hey, don't cry." Randy bent to wipe the tears from her eyes with one hand, placing the other on her shoulder. "Come on, now."

"Why not?" asked Randy, running his hands beneath her hair on either side of her head. He held her face dangerously close to his. "I don't want you to go."

"I.....I think I'm falling in love with you....and I don't know if you'd want that," said Baby.

Back
Top Bottom