Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Taunton Academy [Profile Skeleton and Header in here]

Karameida

Sometimes a Dream, Sometimes a Nightmare
Origins of Taunton Academy

Taunton Academy, a place for the gifted and non human. A refuge for humans with abnormal abilities and beings from other planes of existence who seek to find shelter from the cruelty of the outside world. However, it was not always this way. In the 1800's it was better known as "Taunton Insane Asylum", It was run by a man named "Doctor Surian Adams"; but he was more of a demon than a man. The Asylum did terrible and Inhumane things to their patients and many died horrible excruciating deaths. The families of these patients were not aware of the conditions in the Asylum but as more and more people began to disappear, questions began being asked and more inquiries were made. Finally the Asylum's actions as well as the actions of the Asylum's owner were brought to light and then it was shut down.

The doctor was never tried for his crimes due to his high status in society. However he was forever shamed in the eyes of the polite world and so he secluded himself within the Asylum. He was never again seen. There were rumors that if you went neat the Asylum you could still hear horrifying screams echoing inside. Years passed and the building fell into disrepair, after eighty years of silence the Doctor was finally recovered. He was found in the courtyard of the estate hanging from a flag poll. Officially it was considered a Suicide, unofficially people spoke of a darkness, a demon who'd haunted and hunted the Doctor down, punishing him for all that he'd done. Others would say the darkness was actually the souls of those that the doctor had killed. Unable to move on they stayed behind and the darkness and hatred in their hearts created a monster to bring them some justice.

After the death of the doctor the estate fell to his only son, Samuel. However his son had cut all ties with his father and let the building fall into ruins. On the samuels death bed he handed the deed to the Asylum to his son, Jackson. Jackson, then founded "Taunton Academy" a school for those like him, those out of the ordinary. It didn't take very long for those people who were abnormal to flock to the school to escape man kinds natural and abundant cruelty and rejection for those who did not fit the mold. Jackson hired elite teachers and established a "discipline committee" to hand out punishments to those who would dis-obey the rules.

Unfortunately, the school's dark history would not be forgotten. The "darkness" that had haunted the Asylum now stalks the halls of the academy. The staff slowly began to change, losing their minds and falling into varying degree's of insanity. Not long after, the students began to fall victim to the sights and sounds that rang through the halls. The lucky ones just had to deal with a mental breakdown; some form of mental disorder. The not so lucky ones....just disappeared all together. The darkness now uses the Academy as it's new hunting ground, to find new souls to feed it's emptiness and ease it's painful existence. Within all of this, the schools director and founder has gone missing, his body has yet to be found.

Those who wish to find some reprieve from the Academy will not find any, the Academy is completely cut off from the rest of Society. To the north rise the mountains that none can cross. To the west a forest resides, the forest has no known end and all who enter it's depths never return. To the east a grand lake sits in complete stillness, some say a creature lurks in it's depths eating those that dare come near it's shores. To the south a small dirt road exists and it leads to a small town, the road is blocked though and those from the school are not welcomed by the townspeople, death awaits any who try to find solace in this town.

Explanations

Ok, so this is an Academy/Boarding school setting. All Characters must be either : A - Human with a unique ability [think x-men]. B - Some class of creature [demon, angel, alien etc etc]. Normal Humans are not allowed. It will be more of a normal....well as normal as you can be while mentally unstable day to day life in the school. Area's you will be able to access outside of the school will be :

The Black Forest - A vast maze of trees, ponds, pits and only the gods knows what else. It has no known beginning or end, even those with the ability to fly would only see an endless sea of tree's.

The Lakeshore - A lake surrounded by vibrant green plant life twining over the cruel jagged rocks. A waterfall feeds the lake creating small ripples on the surface, distorting the reflections and images on the face of the lake. The calming sounds of the waterfall lull those who walk it's shores into a false sense of security. Many people have disappeared around the Lakeshore, some say a creature dwells beneath the calm surface waiting for any who might seek the lake to calm their hearts, using those people as it's source of food. The existence of this creature is neither confirmed nor denied.

Blackswells Village - A village of cautious and hateful humans, use extreme caution when coming here.

Heaven's Ridge Mountains - Despite it's name, "Heaven's Ridge Mountains" is an impassable line, it's peaks rise far past the clouds seeming to touch the Heavens, hence where it got it's name.

As well as these area's, the school will have a common area as well as dorm rooms [whether the dorm room's will be for one person or two will be up to you guy's to decide.] Some goals for the RP eventually would be : The finding and recovery of the director. The affirmation of both the "Darkness" in the school and the creature of the lake. At some point having the school formed into "factions" darker more "evil" of the creatures and humans trying to sway others into following them while those who are trying to pull away from the insanity work against them. There will also be other creatures and Humans trying to attack the school from time to time.

I'm open to any discussion or idea's for the RP.

Rules

• Follow all ToS rules.
• Do not ridicule/harass any other person in this RP.
• Absolutely NO Godmodding is allowed.
• There is to be NO text speak while RPing.
• I ask that you try your best with each post. I don't want to see a half-assed post.
• Do not be a complete attention whore in this RP. It's a group RP, not a RP about you.
• If you intend to leave the RP let me [and whoever you've been interacting with] know.
• Keep all OoC chatter in the OoC threads.
• Do not blatantly ignore what other people say/do. It's not fun to have a post you've worked hard on to be completely ignored. So please pay attention to whats being posted.
• While there are classes, nothing significant will occur in said classes.
• Do not go starting drama. I will not stand for it.
Send all Profiles to me in a PM
• When posting always use a header at the top of each post to lessen confusion.

Profile Skeleton

Note : You are free to play more than one character in this RP. Feel free to have as many as you can handle. Later in the RP I will be opening up spots for the Discipline Committee. At that point in time if you are interested send me a PM with the characters profile. For now all characters will be students, if I get enough interest and the RP takes off well enough I'll open spots for teachers.

Here are two links to sites to help find Disorders :Link to a list of Disorders/Alternate site. Feel free to add as many disorders as you want, go nuts with it if you'd like!

Please feel free to ask me questions you may have or address any concerns I will do my best to help you.

When I make the Character Profiles section please do not post your profiles in there until I have approved the one you sent me via PM.

Here's the link to the approved profiles in case you want an example to work from. Profiles Thread

Copy and Paste whats in the box.
- Profile Skeleton -
PHP:
[b]BMR Name :[/b]
[b]RPC Name :[/b]
[b]Nickname :[/b] [Optional]
[b]Age :[/b] [keep the ages reasonable]
[b]Race :[/b]
[b]Abnormalities :[/b] [Physical/ Optional]
[b]Sex :[/b]
[b]Orientation :[/b]
[b]Mental Disorder :[/b] [Mandatory to have at least one no matter how minor.]
[b]Abilities :[/b] [whats innate to you.]
[b]1-[/b]
[b]2-[/b]
[b]Skills :[/b] [Things that are learned.]
[b]1-[/b]
[b]2-[/b]
[b]Fears :[/b]
[b]1-[/b]
[b]2-[/b]
[b]Image :[/b] [url=insertlinkhere]Name[/url]
[b]Short Bio :[/b]

-Headers-
PHP:
[CENTER]
-Image here 150x100/200x150-
[b]Name/Nickname :[/b]
[b]Attire :[/b]
[b]Location :[/b]
[b]Time :[/b] [To know what time it is pay attention to the OoC thread.]
[b]Tagging :[/b]

[/CENTER]

If you are interested let me know by posting in here! ^^

RE: Taunton Academy [A school for the gifted and insane.]

I'm game for this one so you can definitely expect me to send you a profile in the very near future. Also, a question...... looks like this will be a subforum/multi-thread style group RP. That said, will you be using headers for posting? The reason I ask about that is because I've found them to be VERY useful, especially when people start making multiple characters. It's helpful for keeping track of that and other things as well. *nod nod* But anyway, solid idea. You can count me in. :)

Thank you! I look forward to it. As to your question, I was actually considering it. I remember broom doing it when he tried starting that one up and I've been thinking about maybe trying it...

Oh my. I may be interested in this as well. If I happen to come up with a good character concept sometime soon, I will be sure to jump into the fun.

Alright, I look forward to seeing what you'll come up with. Good luck to you. ^^

Mmhmm

I think you're right if this does get kind of big...the header will be a good idea....especially if people are moving around.

I have decided on my basic character concept, as well as the mental disorder that my initial character will possess. I just need to find a good visual representation so I can put a face to the character and type up the bio. Expect delivery within two to three business days.

Alright. If you need help with anything feel free to message me for help. I'm not sure what type of images you use but, I've accumulated quite a lot of images over the past few years.

Thank you for your interest ^^

Yay 8D

I'm sorry about the image thing Cheshire ;-;

I'm incredibly interested, and I believe this is just the kind of thing I need to get me out of the creative slump I've been in for the past few months. If you still have slots available, I would like to submit a character profile in the near future (probably within the next 3 days.)

Yes, ma'am. I thank you for the opportunity. I will review the skeleton a few more times and give my brain a while to mull over the details while I get a basic archetype idea fleshed out to use as a basis.

Back
Top Bottom