Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sword and The Rose. ((Kolath x Butterfly))

He had laid back down letting her do what she wanted with his pants. As he hand continued up his leg he growled deeply wondering what she was thinking as she did this. When she stopped at the scar he blinked wondering what she was waiting for then she asked about it. He sighed and rolled onto his side his hand brushing her cheek. â??Yes it is Anya, it is the injury that gave us all that time together, and that is what brought us here to this perfect night.â? He leaned in kissing her deeply just breaking it enough to ask, â??Are you sure you want this?â?

She smiled sweetly and nodded, pulling her hand from his leg and resting it upon his cheek, gently stroking his skin with her fingers, "Yes. I want YOU to be my first..." if he could not be her only, at least she could have that much with him. "I want to know what it's like from you and only you." She gently kissed his lips.

He kissed her back his hand brushing over her cheek and down to her neck. He let his hand brushed down her arm to intertwine with her fingers holding her close. â??Iâ?¦you know.â? He slowly knelt between her legs and gently caught her other hand in his bringing them both above her head lightly kissing her as he slowly let his tip press against her entrance.

She moaned light, her hand grasping his within hers, "I know... I do to..." she almost seemed to say on a sigh. The next moment, her lips were kissing his back, and he hips grew bold once again. They rose up to rub right back against his in reply, urging him onward and into her waiting, wet heat.

He held back just a moment longer before starting to sink inside her. all the possible problems that could come from this flew through his mind in a instant. Pushing them all aside he pressed into her slowly till he felt the resistances of her hymen. He stopped looking into her eyes and then seeing how sure she was he kissed her deeply his tongue dancing with hers, as he pressed past her virgin barrier, sinking his entire length into her before stopping deep inside her.

She was having much of the same thoughts that he was. The rest of her life depended on this very moment. And honestly.... whatever happens, happens. She would not give up this chance, the one precious moment for anything in the world. Even if it was suddenly a painful one. "Fox!" she cried out in shock from the sensation that meant the end of her virginity. She had been warned and now she knew why. So was the sacrifice of womanhood though. She groaned a little and pressed her face into his neck, looking for comfort and support there it seemed.

His arms slipped under hers and pulled her close against him holding her kissing her neck and shoulder. They were one now and if only for that night he wasnâ??t going to let anything get in the way of that. He held her tight as he kissed up her neck to her lips kissing her deeply nuzzling in close letting her draw strength from him. his hands rubbed her back and hair lightly as he just held her giving her time to get used to being invaded in this most intimate way.

She was still under him, just holding him, her hands gently stroking against his skin for awhile. She closed her eyes and just.... breathed. Relaxed. Tried to calm her already racing heart. "Well...." she finally said in a whisper since she didn't really know what else to say. "Is... is this it?" she had to ask, not really sure if there was more or if this was it.

Nathan couldnâ??t helped but laugh a little at that. He kissed her deeply his hands slipping back around to intertwine their fingers again. â??Mmmmm No that is not it.â? he kissed her deeply. â??The best part is still to come if you are ready for it Anya my love.â?

She blushed a little at first, hearing his laugh, so light hearted and happy. She couldn't help but laugh ever so slightly in return. But then he went and said it again. Anya. Her face instantly started to fade back to worry. They were sharing the most intimate of acts together, but it was all based upon a lie. She could lie no longer. He had to love her and accept her for who she really was.... or not at all. "Fox... I.... I'm not Anya," she closed her eyes and took a breath, "I can't lie to you. Not when we are sharing this together. Fox.... I'm Lady Terra." It felt like a weight had been lifted from her and actually in the moment she said it, the slightest bit of her smile returned to her lips as she opened her eyes to look into his. She hoped, heck even expected a little shock there, but in her heart knew he'd accept her, "You're not cross are you? I thought you deserved to know who it really was that you made love to. Who truly loves you in return Fox." She then started to move her hips just slightly against his....

Nathan had expected consequences to his actions here tonight, but nothing like this. Never in his wildest dreams had he thought that Anya the woman he loved, would really be Terra. A mix of shear anger and fear came together with great joy, because the bitch in the other room wasnâ??t Terra. He was laying her having just deflowered his future wifeâ?¦but she wasnâ??t making love to himâ?¦no she was making love to the fox. He felt her hips start to move and he pushed off of her. Anger was flashing in his eyes as he grabbed his pants and shirt. He said nothing and just walked out of the room leaving her laying there. How could she had betrayed him, without even knowing who he was.

"Fox!" she called after him as he departed the hut. Already, tears filled her eyes. What had she done? She thought he would be unhappy with her for lying, but never had she thought in a hundred years he would leave her without even saying a word to her. She had to say something to him. Talk to him. Explain to him how she felt. Say she was sorry, and prey he forgave her.

She raced to throw her dress back on, leaving the shift in a pile on the floor. She hurried to try and lace it closed before, barefoot and disheveled she want racing out the hut after him. It was a few minutes after him, and she frantically looked about hoping to spot him. She went into the night, trying to find him in the camp.

Nathan had stopped to pull his pants on before heading to the stables. He quickly saddled his horse and started out on it. the entire time he had be cursing himself as a fool for half a dozen things. The first being for letting himself go so far with someone that he thought was his wifeâ??s servant. There was more then he could think of right now he just needed to get out of there. He climbed up onto his horse and started out of the camp.

He only got a few feet before he stopped his horse. There she was standing right in front of him, her dress was all disheveled looking like she had just come from a passionate session with her lover. Which she might as well have. He sat on his horse looking down at her the moon shining on his still naked chest which still glistened with the sweat of their foreplay.

She stood there, panting a little, relieved that she had found him. Any later and she might not have seen him again. And that thought hurt her heart more then she realized it would. She knew she had to leave, that she would one day have to leave him. Never to see him again. But not until this moment, when she very well could be looking at it did it really hit her. She didn't dare move any closer, afraid she might startle him if she did. "I'm sorry," she called out suddenly. "I didn't know how to tell you. Anya and I switched places. We hoped that... if we were captured, that they would send whom they thought was the handmaiden to the duke or my father as a sign of good will. When you didn't and... I started to fall in love with you........" she didn't know what to say really. Nothing seemed like it was any good inside her head, "I never should have let it go this far without telling you Fox. I'm sorry. But it doesn't change how I feel about you. I love you Fox."

Nathanâ??s heart was being torn from his chest. He looked down at Anyaâ?¦no Terra and realized just how much he loved her too and just how wrong he had been. It wasnâ??t her fault for falling in love with him, it seemed that they were meant to if only she had met Nathan first. He slowly dismounted and walked over to her. his hand came up and brushed against her cheek tears were clear in his eyes. He leaned in and kissed her deeply. â??Iâ??m sorry Terra, I love you too.â? He kissed her again pulling her close to his body crying heavy tears. He pulled away slightly looking into her eyes, â??You are going to be married, you have to love the duke. I cannot make love to you tonight, no matter how much I want too. Iâ??m sorry for what I have done.â? He turned quickly mounted and was gone in a rush of galloping hooves, and fluttering to the ground before her was his mask.

For a moment, her heart started to soar once again. For a moment, it seemed as if he was going to accept this situation for what it was. Well, it was a disaster is what it was so that was not saying much. She didn't realize he was crying at first, only the slight sound in his voice at last told her that he was. "Fox..." she tried to speak back to him, to tell him how she felt, but he was suddenly gone from her arms. She couldn't even react before he was up on his horse and already galloping away from her. Right out of her sight and her life. "Fox! Wait PLEASE!!!" she tried to scream after him, but the sound of her voice fell victim to the wind and never reached him. She ran after him for a few dozen feet, foolishly thinking that she could catch him. She stood, looking off where he had gone, even long after the sight of him vanished into the night. And then she was alone.

Terra stood there, dumbfounded. She was flooded with so many emotions that they all clashed and none were able to come to the surface. She realized that silent tears were rolling down her cheeks. She tried to turn and walk away, but didn't get far before her legs just gave out from under her and she collapsed to the ground. All at once, she burst into tears. Spotting the piece of black fabric a few feet from her, she crawled across the ground to it. Holding it in her hands, clinging to it as she cried.

She had found love and lost it. He told her that she had to marry and love the duke. Marry him, she could do... if he would take her still. But love him? She could never love the duke. Not like how she loved the Fox.

Nathan was in tears the whole way back to his castle, barely noticing that his mask was gone. He tied his horse up to the normal tree and pressed the right set of stones to open the passageway in the wall. rushing through the dimly lit passage he finally came out into his private rooms. He didnâ??t even bother to take off his cloak or anything else just falling onto his bed and crying deeply.

That is how he was found by his personal servant who just shook his head slowly Jacob had been keeping Arnold informed of developments at the camp and he assumed there was something about this girl involved. His master would need time to heal but that time he didnâ??t have because the money had already been sent. And there was much to be done between now and when the lady Terra arrived, not to mention the problems that seemed be happening on a daily basis now. But for now he would let duke Nathan sleep.

After the Fox had found out about it, there was not use lying to anyone else about it. Terra took up her true name once again. But even though people all knew her secret, they did not treat her differently. She was still Anya to them. And it hurt. She couldn't define how it make her hurt. Like... she didn't deserve it. Yes, that was exactly it. She didn't deserve to be treated kindly like she had been treated as Anya.

She sent herself into a self exile soon after the Fox left, shutting herself away in her hut with only Anya to bring her food. She hardly ever ate though. Most of her food ended up in Bottom's belly since the growing pup had taken up a place scratching at the door until she let him in. He remained there after that, as did Terra until the day she was to leave left.

Terra emerged from her hut, looking a totally different person. She was a lady. No doubt about that. Dressed to the nines to meet the duke at last. But she did not wear a smile. Their belongings were taken away already, as had the men they arrived with. Only Terra and Anya were left with Jacob and another man. Each holding a blindfold.

"We will take you to where your we took you from the road," Jacob explained. "Everything waits for you there."

Terra watched Anya be blindfolded and Jacob helped her onto the other horse. He rode with Terra, helping her up before blindfolding her second. As they started off, it started in silence. Until, "I know you do not like me Jacob," Terra started, quietly. "I could tell for a time now. But... I left a note for the Fox. I left it in his hut a few days ago. I know he has not seen it since..... since he has been gone some time. Will you please see that he receives it?"

"Lady Terra..." he replied in a tone of voice that clearly displayed that she was correct in her assumption that he did not like her. "I will see that it stays there for him, I can not promise that he will read it."

"Thank you," she meekly before things went silent between them again for the rest of the ride. As they reached the point where the carriage waited, Terra's guards came forth and helped the ladies down. No sooner where their feet hit the ground, Jacob and his friend turn and departed. The ordeal was over now. Terra was Terra once more. Anya was Anya. For a time, Terra got to be normal. Loved even. She'd never know it again. Deep inside, she had once had hope that things may be good for her and the Duke, in time. But no longer. There was no hope.

As she was help into the carriage, she was greeted by a surprise. Bottom! The pup sat on the seat, wagging his tail when he say her. A note tied around his neck. Sitting down, the pup moved into her lap at once and Terra was able to retrieve the note and read it...

"Dear Terra, I can offer nothing as penance for what I have done to you. Please take Bottom with you and try and remember the good times we had together. I always will love you, but you need to let me go. Fox"

"My lady," Anya asked from across the carriage just as it started into motion, "Are you already? I know this has been an ordeal, but you have so many brighter things ahead of you."

Terra just folded the not up and slipped it into her pocket, taking a moment to stroke her fingers over the mask she had placed in there, "Of course Anya. Of course."

The castle was in a uproar. The gates were down allowing them entrance but even from a mile away it was clear what was going on. there was a massive fire in the castle. Nathan was not a mile away he was there in the castle when the fire started.

He had been just sitting down to breakfast when a guard came running in to report of the fire. It was small right then and they needed to get right on it before it could spread. Men at arms were mustered and all the people of the village came out to help, bucket lines were formed and started working. Just as they seemed to get one fire out or at least contained another would spring up. For hours the people worked on doing their best to save everything they could from the fires that seemed to have a mind of their own. And where ever there was a fire and bucket line there was the duke at the front of the line.

There were still a few fires burning but everything in the castle had been soaked with water at this point, there was no place that could catch on fire anymore. All that was left was dealing with the fires that were still burning.

The smell of smoke carried far and wide. Terra was leaning out the window to see the cloud forming in the distance, right over her destination. An omen perhaps of what was to come? What awaited her there? She had not had the chance to really think about it until now, but what is the duke did not want her any longer? She was certain that since she arrived no longer a virgin, the contact was void. He could turn her right around and send her back to her father. She didn't even want to think about what her father would do if it came to that. Would HE come for her if that happened? Would the Fox take her back if she was a free woman?

When they arrived at the castle, there was no one about it seemed to greet them. Everyone off fighting the fire and such. Terra's men helped her out of the carriage, got her things down.... turned and left her and Anya, sitting in the courtyard with her bags. They were her father's men after all. Her father's carriage. They all longed to return home. Terra knew this and so promised they could leave at once to return to their families at last. They had no obligation to her. Only her father. So... Terra and Anya waited. The looked like two Gypsies sitting on the side of the road. Oh... and their dog.

It wasnâ??t long before a elderly man came out of the castle and over to them. â??Lady Terra I presume?â? he bowed deeply to her seeing the finery and guessing correctly that she was who she was. â??I am Arnold the dukeâ??s chamberlain, you will have to forgive his grace but the fires have been plaguing us all day, he wished me to make sure you were comfortable, and if you were feeling up to it he begs your attendance at lunchâ?¦the fires permitting.â?

Just as he was about to take some of the bags and lead them into the castle there was a shout from somewhere near the fires. â??ARNOLD! TELL THE COOK THAT HE AND HIS WORKERS WILL BE NEEDED FOR MAKING LUNCH FOR ALL THESE GOOD PEOPLE!â? there was a cheer from the crowd as a lone figure worked his way through them. He was tall his shoulders broad and his redish gold hair flipped on the breeze lightly. His deep purple eyes gleamed brightly in the fire light. He walked toward the group as most of the fires were out and his people would take care of the little ones.

Slowly he walked up his eyes taking a moment to look over the finely dressed woman. He couldnâ??t believe what he was seeing, his Anya was standing there dressed beautifully like the noble Terra that she was. After he let his shock pass he came closer wondering the whole time if she would be like the Terra that Anya had played, or like the Anya he knew and loved. He bowed deeply â??Lady Terra I assume it is a honor to finally meet you.â?

Terra had been smiling sort of half hearted towards Arnold, just about to offer to help him carry her own bags when the shout and the cheers took everyone's attention to the same person.

She actually felt her heart skip a beat. When she saw the duke of the first time, she knew right away that if fate had not intervened, the duke was a man she possibly could have come to love. But that was before. This was now.

Returning his gesture, Terra gave him a graceful and delicate curtsy. Anya was in the background giving her own to him though Terra was the one that spoke on both their behalf, "Indeed, your grace. And honor."

With a wagging tail though, and a happy yip, it was Bottom that gave the Duke the best greeting of the bunch. The pup's instincts didn't lie. He know that this man and the Fox were one in the same and after going so long without him, the pup was elated to see him again. He instantly ran to try and jump up and down at Nathan's feet. Wanting attention.

"Bottom," Terra tried to command the pup, "down." But he did not listen. He wanted his master's affection. "Forgive my pup, your grace," Terra blushed as the dog made an embarrassing first impression. "He is still young. Still learning. Bottom... down boy."

Everything was going as it should for a proper introduction, disregarding the fact that he had just come from fighting a fire, and was covered in ash. It was Bottom that almost ruined everything coming right over to him and jumping up excitedly. Nathan laughed softly glad that he had predicted the way the pup would react. â??There is no need to apologize I have always enjoyed energetic dogs.â? He knelt down reaching into his belt pouch. â??You must be smelling this huh boy?â? he pulled out a strip of jerky that the pup eagerly wolfed down his tail still wagging for more than one reason now.

Nathan stood slowly after petting the pup and looked into Terraâ??s eyes. â??Iâ??m sure that after all you have been through you will want to rest. So Arnold will see you to your rooms. I just hope that I may have the honor of your presence at a private dinner tonight? I would like the chance to get to know my soon to be bride if you will allow me too?â?

She couldn't help but smirk a little at Bottom. Bottomless Pit was proving to be the PERFECT name of the pup with only one thing on his little mind. It did seem a little strange though.... even after he had the jerky, he still sat at the duke's feet, tail wagging. He was friendly, but she had never seen him act like this before. He had never warmed up to Anya even and he had known her as long as he knew her.

Her attention returned to the Duke as he spoke so properly to her. "Of course, your grace. I shall enjoy you company." At least, she hoped she would. Still, it was the proper thing to say in a situation such as this. There was much that needed to be said between them. Questions and answers for both sides of this soon to be marriage. "Until then, your grace..." she said giving him a light curtsy before turning to follow Arnold. She took a few steps before turning back toward the pup, "Bottom..." she made a little kissy sound with her lips to take the pups attention. He seemed apprehensive to leave the Duke's side, but eventually gave up and when sprinting after Terra. Anya followed her after him.

It was the first time she was getting a look at her new home. He castle was so very nice. Much nicer then her father's home. Then again, with higher titles came better things she supposed. Then Arnold showed her to her room and she was floored. She had not expected more then a bedroom with a small sitting area in the same space. That was what her mother had for her room and what her sister had as well. But she walked into a full sized salon for a sitting room. With elegant furniture, a table for two to dine, fireplace, and selves overflowing. Both with books and trinkets to decorate the room.

Arnold showed her into the bedroom adjoined and she was speechless. A large, king sized bed rested against the wall with four posts and fabric draped across the tops of those poles. All the fabrics were only the finest quality and vibrant in color. There were more shelves with decoration and books here as well. AND a little sitting area with a love seat in front of another fireplace. This was just like her mother's quarters, and it was only part of HER quarters. To top it off, Arnold showed her the bathing quarters attached to the bedroom so she would not have to have a tub brought in whenever she wished to bath. there was even a door there for the servants to use when filling it to not disturb her.

Arnold showed Anya from the room to directed Anya off to her own room not far down the hall, leaving Terra along with Bottom, how was busy exploring the rooms himself. Terra in the mean time, went out to her balcony to see the view. Her heart constricted within her breast. She had a view of the forest in which she had found love. Glancing about, she spotted the tower that she and the Fox had seen from the hill they had been upon when she pointed out the Duke's castle to her. Seeing it, she then used it to pinpoint the exact place they had to have been. She couldn't see it. She needed to find a way to that tower.... in time. Now, she needed to prepare for the evening to come. Things were going to be awkward, she was sure.

Nathan sighed as Bottom followed after her so glad that the pup listened this one time. That little pup even though it meant so much to her as a gift from the Fox would be a pain Nathan could tell. He went and got some water to clear his face and hands before joining the rest of the fire fighters for lunch. There was a lot more to do after lunch but for now they would be able to relax and celebrate beating the fire since that had taken so much, rebuilding would be later.

The hours passed and Nathan took the tie to get cleaned up and look like the duke he was for the dinner he was going to be having with his future bride. He knew that there was going to be one question that he had to ask as a concerned future husband and he didnâ??t know how she would respond. It was going to be interesting talk tonight.

Everything was finally ready. The dinner was going to be in his chambers at the private table just for the two of them. He was dressed in his finest shirt and breeches, a cape hung from his shoulders and his sword was at his side. for most nobility he was rather simply dressed but for him it felt stuffy and over the top.

Back
Top Bottom