Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Charon (Barbaric Rim)

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
2meu0m1.png

Charon
(Barbaric Rim, Planet #12 of System)

Charon is a sparsely populated planet and part of the Barbaric Rim. The Illuminati has turned over its control to its trusted officials and representatives it has sent there, letting them rule the planet as they see fit. As such, the planet suffers much and piracy and other illegal activities tend to occur quite often not to mention there is corruption of the worst kind within the ranks of those governing the planet itself. The terrain is fairly wild, an odd mix of mountains, tundra and desert with very little wooded areas to speak of making them quite precious. The planet also experiences all four seasons yearly, though its Winters and Summers tend to be very harsh and during the Spring it suffers from high gusting winds making Fall its mildest season.

zw0mxe.jpg

Name (Nickname): Aeryn Reese
Attire: Green top, brown pants, brown leather boots, goggles.
Weapon: Hunting knife.
Tagging: Anyone.
Time: October 1, 3075; Early evening.

It had been a long afternoon and Aeryn had just finished gathering fruits for food and various plants for medicines. She was about to call it a night when she caught sight of what appeared to be a strange meteor falling through the sky. It was quite a distance away, but it was still rather large. It made her wonder if it was even a meteor at all or something else entirely--possibly a ship or some sort of device sent by the Illuminati. Whatever it was, it gave her the shivers and set her ill at ease. Most things that happened on Charon weren't the sort of thing that left people smiling or feeling happy. It was a 'dark' place. The raiders whose ship she stowed away on a few years back had showed her that much.

Just then, Aeryn's expression went distant and she recalled how she happened to be on Charon at all. How one day her life had been happy, even if she'd always had to be mindful and cautious to shattered and broken in a matter of moments. A shiver ran along her spine just then and she blinked several times trying to focus on the here and now. She didn't have time to dwell on the past. It had to stay there. She had a new life now in the Barbaric Rim and she needed to get back home. It would be dark soon and whatever it was that had crashed... it would have to wait. For now.

2zzus2h.jpg

Name (Nickname): Laelestra Quentin (Laela)
Attire: Golden brown gown showing off some leg and ankle, corset, brown leather boots, jewelry.
Weapon: None
Tagging: Anyone.

Laela got off her ship leaving her parents and the crew, all dead, behind inside. Her eyes were filled with tears and they were already rolling down her pale cheeks. She couldn't believe she was alone on such a harsh and barren planet with no way to get in contact with anyone. What was she to do now? And even if she found someone... what then? She bit down on her lip, her hands shaking as fear filled her heart. The sky was already darkening and the air getting a bit colder. She felt helpless and hopeless, completely terrified. There was no where for her to go. Truly she was abandoned and she feared she wouldn't last the night.

066dd561-1.jpg

Name (Nickname): Danika 'Dani' Kennedy
Attire: The stitched top underneath a large, furred coat. A pair of shorts with garters that attach to thigh high, brown, stiletto boots. She has a pair of goggles on her head, and is missing the golden eyelashes.
Weapon: A minor handgun.
Tagging: Anyone (Possibly Laela)
Time:October 1, 3075; Early evening.

Danika stumbled out of The Highwind, watching the smoke billow from where she knew her jump drive was. She ground her teeth together in irritation before she cried out, a loud curse. She hadn’t crashed her ship, per se. But fixing the damage to her Phase Engine was going to take some time. Time that Danni wasn’t entirely sure that she had. She ran her fingers through her bangs and held them up, out of her eyes for a moment as she pressed her free hand to her hip and assessed the situation. She made another face.

“Well, at least I’m not stuck in the Inner Sanctum…” She mumbled, letting the hand that had previously been holding her hair down to dangle almost uselessly at her side. She turned around and let her emerald green eyes scan the area before a massive collision blew her coat away from her form, allowing her to fully feel the chill of the planet around her. She shivered softly and hugged her coat around herself before she set her gaze in the direction of the ship that had just fallen.

She was certain it was a ship, and if that was the case maybe there were some spare parts that she could pilfer for the Highwind to aid the repair. She reached up and tugged her goggles down and around her face before deciding to move towards where she assumed the wreckage might be. She wondered if there were any survivors. Her lips twitched into what could only be seen as a sadistic grin as she pondered that thought. If not, it would only make her job easier. If so… well… she’d go from there.

2cs6sys.jpg

Name (Nickname): Valerie Vendenburg ( Valkyrie )
Attire: Purple tight leather outfit
Weapon: Lightsaber / blaster
Tagging: Laelestra Quentin / any
Time: October 1, 3075; Early evening

Valkyrie was looking around for a good place to take cover for the night when she heard a loud crash she made her way over to where the sound had come from just as a body appeared coming out of the ship. She hesitated not knowing if she should speak up but then shouted out "Hey you alright? is there anyone else trapped inside?" she asked as she made her way closer "Come on you should probably take a seat but maybe not so close to the ship huh." She said as she took the girls hand and tried to help her walk. she looked pretty shook up to her and seeing she had just crashed it was no surprise.

2zzus2h.jpg

Attire: Golden brown gown showing off some leg and ankle, corset, brown leather boots, jewelry.
Tagging: Anyone; Valerie, possibly Danika

Laela shivered as she walked about the ship, her mind whirring and reeling with morbid thoughts over what was to become of her now that she was shipwrecked and abandoned on a harsh planet far from home. She had no way of reaching Hal and even if she managed to find someone who could potentially help her find him, she worried that they might envy her station, her wealth, her connections. After all, having blood ties to Illuminati made you a target and often hated, so her parents had told her on more than one occasion. They'd said it was because they didn't understand the good they were trying to spread amongst the system, they didn't see the bigger picture, the grand scheme behind everything that they did for the people. She supposed that was true, but politics weren't her strong point. Those were things she left to others of her family--to those such as Hal.

The sky was darkening and Laela was beginning to worry about what she was going to do for the night. She had no food, no shelter and the air was only getting colder. Everyone was dead. Dead! Suddenly, she heard a voice that made her jump and clutch her skirts. Knuckles going white, she stared at the woman in the distance beckoning her away from the ship, all that she had left of the life she once knew.

"Who are you?" Laela asked, her tone harsher than usual, though still rather soft and timid.

It was obvious Laela was scared and unsure. She eyed the woman cautiously trying to decide whether she should trust her or not, if even only a little. She glanced back at the ship for a moment. Smoke was billowing from it, a beacon for several she was sure. At that she winced, realizing that it was probably signaling looters and who knew what that would bring.

"I'm Laela," Laela then said, purposefully omitting her last name, just in case this woman was familiar with any families of Illuminati lineage. As she waited for the woman to speak, she noticed another approaching. Indeed the smoke rising from her ship was calling others.

066dd561-1.jpg

Attire: The stitched top underneath a large, furred coat. A pair of shorts with garters that attach to thigh high, brown, stiletto boots. She has a pair of goggles on her head, and is missing the golden eyelashes.
Tagging: Anyone; Laela; Valkyrie

The closer she got, the more she noticed the two people standing there. She cursed under her breath and her eyes narrowed behind her goggles. Oh well. Looked like there may be a few casualties. Or maybe not, maybe they weren’t a threat to her at all. She licked her lips, slowly, as she grew closer and closer to the large vessel. She could tell by the build that it was an expensive ship. There were definitely treasures to be found there. Even if she had to wait to get to it, she’d get to it. She reached up, tugging her goggles up and placing them back on her head. Her lips were still twisted into the same grin.

She heard the two women talking back and forth, barely. And, when she heard the name of the woman, she began to pick her brain of where she had heard that name before. Nothing was coming to mind instantly, and that must mean that it wasn’t important. But that ship, those clothes? Definitely Inner Sanctum worthy. She was a long way from home. Poor little lamb, wandering away from the rest of the herd. Before long, she was standing near them, although at an angle before crossing her arms and looking between the two women. Looks like it was time to put on her charm.

“Looks like you’re in a bit of trouble, huh? Me too. My ship’s not too far out… I blew out my phase engine. You really ought to come down from there.” She mused looking the ship over, noting things to look through and for once she got rid of these two… women. “Wouldn’t happen to have a good radio on you, would you? My wires got jostled loose when I landed. Was kind of ticked off.” She let out a dry, fake laugh. A good part of her seemed genuine, although they two women would certainly sense an… off-ness about her nature.

2cs6sys.jpg

"My name is Vale.." she paused as she almost called herself by her full name " Call me Valkyrie, You didn't answer are there any others on board who may need help getting out? " She assumed the worst and wouldn't bother to ask again if the girl still didn't respond to the question. She then noticed the girl look off behind her and she turned to see what she was seeing someone else was coming towards the ship. She reached a hand towards her belt hovering her hand just over her blaster incase the person coming wanted trouble. She took another glance over at the girl "Your going to be alright aren't you. not to banged up i hope." keeping her eyes on who was approaching.as the other person came closer she looked her over as she spoke she let herself ease. she didn't appear to be looking for trouble either. "Not my ship couldn't tell ya what they have for radio equitment i personaly lost my ride when i was stranded here by the people i had been traveling with." she said while shaking her head still unable to believe they had left her on this planet. "Were you traveling alone then?" she asked "Call me Valkyrie , This one here was the one in this reck." she said pointing at the girl who she had just met. "Looks like for the moment anyway were all stranded here and the night is quickly approaching so we may want to all think about what to do until morning i don't know how cold it gets here but judging by the temperture right now it isn't going to be a rather warm one for sure."

2zzus2h.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Valerie, Danika

Laela eyed Valkyrie and the pale-skinned girl warily. More than anything, she wanted to run back inside the wreckage of her ship, to shake both of her parents bodies until they somehow woke up. But she knew that was silly, childish. They were dead. They couldn't wake up. And going back inside the wreckage at this point wasn't wise either. She had no way of knowing how stable her ship was, whether the thing would blow or not. With all the smoke still billowing from it, she figured anything was possible.

Looking over at Valkyrie, Laela gave the woman a nod though her expression showed that she was still unsure about whether or not she could trust her. "Everyone inside the ship didn't make it," she stated somberly.

Laela decided it best to not mention that her parents were among the deceased. Better to leave them wondering, to let them think there was a chance that they could come searching for her. After all, Hal would eventually wonder about her whereabouts. It might take some time. But he would eventually wonder.

Turning toward the pale girl, Laela tilted her head. "I'm not sure what parts of my ship are salvageable to be honest. I'm hardly a mechanic and not versed in such things." Her cheeks went a bit pink at the admission, unsure if it made her more vulnerable as a result. She hoped in the end it wouldn't make too much of a difference, but this was new territory for her. She'd never dealt with people outside the Inner Sanctum and most of them were tied to the Illuminati. Yes, she was very far from home indeed.

Hal... where are you...?

Laela then turned back to Valkyrie. One thing she did agree with was that it was getting cold and the light was fading fast. They all had to figure out something for the night. It was just a matter of what. Having no idea, she looked at both women for an answer there.

tumblr_ltir4ylmlt1r1is1go1_400_thumb.jpg

Name (Nickname): Jibril [Jack]
Attire: Light forest green, off the shoulder crochet top with a black cincher, dark red cargo shorts with black suspenders, black fishnet stockings, and black knee high boots with multiple buckles.
Weapon: double-barrel old world shotgun, old world katana, and two hunting knives.
Tagging: Zaphkiel/Anyone/Potentially Laela/Valkyrie/Danika

dusted.jpg

Name (Nickname): Zaphkiel [Zack]
Attire: Dark red duster jacket with grey tank-top, black cargo pants, silver suspenders, black shitkickers, and black goggles.
Weapon: Two old world katanas, two pistols with silencers, and two five inch bone handled daggers.
Tagging: Jibril/Anyone/Potentially Laela/Valkyrie/Danika

“Well! How was I supposed to know that it would get angry?!” Jibril said, looking at her brother with indignation, a small blue and silver dragon perched on one shoulder while a green and gold dragon was perched on her other shoulder. The blue and silver dragon rubbed it’s face against Jibril’s cheek while the green and gold dragon kept eying Zaphkiel, hopping a little on Jibril’s shoulder as if to jump onto his. The sounds it made eventually made Zaphkiel hold out his arm to take the small beast onto his own shoulder. Just because it was a cute animal did not mean that this argument was over. Far from it.

“It’s called a dragon for a reason, Jibril. Draaaa-gon, not lizard,” he replied, watching the little creature crawl up his arm, small wings extending while it’s tail wiggled about to help it keep it’s balance. Okay, it was pretty cute. Eventually it settled on his shoulder before huffing a little, looking up at Zaphkiel with huge purple eyes. He stroked under it’s chin while staring at his sister. It was a good thing that these dragons had been orphans to begin with, or they would have had to fight not only the predator trying to eat them, but their mother as well since Jibril had technically stolen them from Dragonia. And by technically, he meant actually.

“Well, whatever. They are cute and we’re keeping them. End of discussion. Besides, I already named mine! He shall be…Sabbin!”

“Jibril…”

“Yes?”

“Yours is a girl.”

“…Give me yours then.”

“No. That one is yours.”

“But I-”

“You’re keeping it!”

“FINE! Yours sucks anyways!”

“Jealous, much?”

“Oh, shut up.”

Smiling at his twin, Zaphkiel thought of what to name his little monster companion. He knew his sister would love the little dragon on her shoulder even if she was a fan of all her things being male. He wondered if it had something to do with him, or that she was just weird. It was probably the latter but that didn’t bother him so much. There were a lot of things that had to do with feminity that Jibril just did not conform to. Maybe it was just how they were. Shrugging his shoulders lightly, he stroked the soft scales along the dragon’s neck, trying to conjure up a name. Well, he was determined, strong despite his little size…hm…

“I think I’ll name him Dujin.” The little dragon puffed himself up before squeaking and letting all the air out of his lungs. Figuring that meant he didn’t hate the name, Zaphkiel decided that would be it’s name. Hearing a small huff, he looked at Jibril to see her trying to keep a smile off her face and still be indignant. It was endearing in its own way. Stepping up to her, he grabbed her by the chin so that her beautiful eyes could look into his own. He smirked before leaning in close, almost close enough to kiss her.

“You know I would give you everything and anything you would ask of me.”

“And I would for you.”

“Then stop pouting.”

“I AM NOT POUTING!”

Their senses alerting them to something coming towards their general vicinity, the twins looked up to see a bright red glow in the sky. It wasn't a meteor as they could both sense the large amount of metal and circuits that were on board. A ship was going to crash land on the planet and pretty soon it did. They felt the ground shake from the impact, maintaining their balance as the dragons squawked and clung to their masters. They didn't like the heavy feeling that the crashing ship left behind. Yet they weren't inclined to go investigate. Usually when ships crashed there were too many people. And too many people was something they were extremely wary of. It was why they were in the merc business to begin with. They didn't have to worry about too many people. Just the thought of all the potential hands touching them made their skin crawl as they looked to each other and nodded slowly. They would not investigate even if they wanted to. However, Jibril couldn't help herself and took out her spectacles, the goggles allowing her to see up to 25km away. Slipping them over her eyes, she saw the smoke drifting up to the sky and calculated that those people had landed at least 15km away. She didn't see any people yet and wondered if anyone had been able to survive the-

"There are people over there but there are only three. Should we go?"
Zaphkiel put on his own goggles, looking at the wreckage. There would be valuable metal on a ship like that but then there were those people. They didn't look like they knew each other very intimately, but he could be wrong. Still, he didn't like the feeling he was getting from that ship. It was the same as when they had been in the labs. That feeling that those men had imprinted on their senses. He didn't like it, but he knew that Jibril would be dying to get her hand on any of those parts. She liked to tinker though she could only fix small devices. He could feel the metal calling to them but still he hesitated. He didn't like this situation at all.

"People mean we could-"

"I know."

"You still want to risk it?" Staring at each other, blue looking into brown, they both came to a consensus on the answer. They didn't have to say it out loud but the words slipped from their lips regardless. Their link wouldn't allow them to remain silent when their thoughts were in such harmony.

"Yes,"
Zaphkiel shook his head while Jibril grinned with mischief. So whoever those guys were were going to have to deal with the mercs from Charon who weren't to be taken lightly. Adjusting their goggles' settings to normal mode, they walked back to their speeders, turning the machines on with a few button presses. The machines rose slightly off the ground and the little dragons were tucked into special pouches that would protect them from the elements while they rode. It wouldn't take too long, but eventually they would make it to the area that those people were in. However, it didn't help that they had a nagging feeling that this encounter was going to alter the course of their lives.

SoaSE___TEC_Male_1_by_theopticnerve.jpg

Name (Nickname): Hotshot
Attire: Facemask, light body armor
Weapon: combat knife, combat rifle
Tagging: Anyone
Time: October 1 3075; Early Evening

Phase Space could be beautiful, and it could drive people mad. Trystan luckily, did not have far to go from being mad, so Phase Space was a beautiful thing to him. Although coming out of Phase space was interesting too. "Sir, we are preparing to drop out of Phase Space." Trystan nodded, taking hold of the controls again, readjusting his facemask. "Drop Phase drive to 50%. We don't want to come in too hot, let everyone out there know we're comin'." Jack nodded, moving back down to the engine room again. "I want all guns primed and ready, and I need a man on that turret. I don't know what to expect when we get out of the Phase Lane, but I want to be ready. Now, assuming we don't get attacked by another ship, we'll be going down onto the surface, so I want all combat rifles ready." The crew shifted a little. Surface combat was a scary thing to most of the crew here. They were used to ship-to-ship confrontations, and the Kodiak was among the hardest ships to kill out in the big blackness we call space. Once everyone was at their post, Trystan gave the order. "Drop now." The blue haze that often accompanied phase jumpers disappeared immediately, revealing a heavily armored ship with all guns primed, loaded, and hot.

Their scanners picked up another ship the second they dropped out. But the ship was moving straight towards the planet. It emanated white crackling energy from where he guessed the Phase Drive was. Must've broken a connection. Trystan chuckled, shaking his head. He checked the scanners one more time, making sure there was not another ship, either in the current gravity well, or on it's way. "All clear commander." He nodded, looking over his shoulder. "I want all rifles ready. We're going in, and we're going to see what that ship had when it went down. It looked awfully high tech, if a little rusty." They nodded, going into the arms room to grab their rifles. With that said and done, Trystan positioned himself for the entry into Charon's atmosphere. "Jack, reroute the JDH's energy to the heat shields. We're going into the planet." He knew it would be done, and in a few seconds, confirmation that the heat shields were online flashed on his screen.

The ship turned almost dramatically towards the planet, and Trystan pushed forward, waiting until gravity took hold of him to activate his afterburners. Soon, the shield around his ship glowed a hot red, and a few alarms went off on his HUD. With a sigh, he pressed a few buttons, watching as their speed fell to a decent amount. It would allow them to lift off again. "I want to land about two kliks away from that crash site. Understood?" His navigations officer nodded and saluted before punching in the coords. Trystan checked them, and repositioned the ship, hitting the afterburners again, flattening the bottom before activating the skids that would let him land. The heavy ship bounced once, twice before smashing the skids into the ground. Trystan thanked God that they were inside the ship. The noise would be deafening, the sound of metal scraping and scratching against the rock and earth of Charon. Finally, the ship settled down, and the hatches were opened. Trystan grabbed his rifle, leading the group of 6 out. He looked at his nav-man, and waited for him to take the lead. "Alright guys, this may turn out to be a rescue mission of sorts. Shoot first, but aim for the legs. At least then we'd have a chance to see where that ship came from and whether or not it has any defense against being boarded." They all nodded, readying their weapons before following the nav-man. It would take them a little bit on foot. Hopefully whoever was in that ship wasn't dead. Even more importantly, he hoped whoever lived nearby wasn't salvaging the ship already.

2cs6sys.jpg

Seeing another ship coming down from the sky and landing somewhere not to far away Valkyrie had a look of panic come across her face. "Whatever we are going to do i suggest it be far away from here. Could be pirates on the way and i am not looking for a fight today if it can be avoided." She said as she started walking away from the crash site. "I say we at least get out of sight you coming or you wanna stay here? They could be a recue team coming for you but ,," she paused "I dont know something just tells me its nothing good coming this way. choice is yours but im getting out of sight as fast as i can."

2zzus2h.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Valerie, Danika; possibly Jibril, Zaphkiel, Trystan

Laela bit down on her lip when Valkyrie mentioned 'rescue team'. It was possible that Hal would be proactive in sending a search party out to look for her and her family. It was possible that some way, somehow someone had sent a distress signal before all hell had broken loose and the ship had entered Charon's atmosphere and finally crashed upon its surface. Of course, deep down she knew that was wishful thinking. But a part of her needed to hold onto that hope. It was a desperate act on her part, but she was in a desperate and dire situation.

"I..." Laela stammered, her brown eyes glancing at her wrecked ship and then at the newest ship that had just arrived and finally back at Valkyrie once again. "I..." The ship that had landed didn't look Illuminati. At least, she didn't think so. But then, she wasn't sure if Hal had access to such vessels being stationed on Charon. More than likely, he only had access to whatever he was able to get out here on this remote and barren planet.

Just then, Laela decided to stand her ground. The ship had to be a search and rescue team sent by Hal. It just had to be. Didn't it?

"They've come to rescue me," Laela finally said, her jaw set, her expression determined, though on the inside she was terrified and uncertain and hoping that what she was hoping was right.

Tagging: Anyone

They had taken the most direct path they could, wanting to get there before all the good stuff was taken. Within a few meters though, they noticed something odd. There was smoke billowing from the crash site. The ship they saw go down had a damaged Phase Drive, but there was no smoke... Trystan sighed, shrugging his shoulders and moving down the hill, relaxing his grip on his rifle. They were going to have to settle, although from where he was standing, the ship looked pretty bad. "Alright guys, we don't wanna scare anyone... relax a little aye? Maybe they'll think we're the good guys." They chuckled a little as they drew closer, Trystan strapping the rifle to his back, jogging out in front of the others, reaching the girl first. The first thing he noticed about her was the jewelry. The way the dress was made, along with the jewelry told him one thing. She was from the Inner Sanctum. That meant that the wreck of a ship had to have some valuables in there, and maybe the girl would bring something useful to the table to.

He started out by stopping in front of her, straightening up and holding out his hand. When he talked through his facemask, it came out a little muffled, but still understandable. "Hello. Looks like you had a bit of trouble with your ship there." He pointed to the wreckage. "You uh, you the only survivor?" He tried coming off as friendly, and he hoped it was working. He only had so much time before the rest of his motley crew came along and quite possibly ruined the ruse.

2zzus2h.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Trystan; possibly Jibril, Zaphkiel

Laela looked over at the masked man approaching and shrank back slightly. Would Hal send someone so ominous looking? She couldn't be sure. Then again, what options would he have on a planet so remote? Not many, she figured. Then again, perhaps this was just a friendly passerby? Friendly? Wearing a mask? Oh she just didn't know and now she was truly stuck by herself, all alone and on some planet so far from Helios that she wanted to collapse to her knees and sob for days. "I... I am," she said timidly. "D-did Hal send you?" she asked, her tone hopeful though she feared the worst for his answer. Just then the wind blew and she shivered. The sky was darkening fast, turning an inky black and the air was now cold with an icy chill. In that moment, she suddenly missed the subtle warmth of her home planet, but there was nothing she could do about it. She was on Charon. Marooned. "Did he?"

Tagging: Anyone; Laela

Trystan sighed, looking her in the eyes, his brow furrowing in thought. Then, as if decided, he nodded, eyes softening. "Yes, Hal did send me. My crew is a little........ raggedy looking though. We just got back from being attacked near Erabos, so if you could excuse the appearances." He bowed a little, eyeing the wreck. Just out of the corner of his eye, he noticed she shivered when the cold breeze blew. He had to admit, it did send goosebumps across his skin, but he didn't shiver. "Listen, you look cold. Our ship is only slightly damaged, and it does have central heating. My crew will search the area for other survivors, but we can only take four more including you. We only have five extra rooms you see." He cocked an eyebrow at her, motioning for her to follow. "Hal told us to make sure you got home safely, no matter what. You must be pretty important." Trystan chuckled, motioning for her to follow again. "Come on, it's not that far."

2zzus2h.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Trystan

Laela bit down on her lip, her head tilting just a bit. Could it be true? Did Hal really send this man and his crew to save her from a most gruesome fate on this harsh and barbaric planet? She could only hope. And given the circumstances, she found herself desperate to hold onto such hope. Cold and shivering, her face suddenly lit up when the man nodded and reassured her that Hal had indeed sent them and then offered her shelter from the cold. His kindness, despite his rough and ominous exterior spoke for itself. She supposed she was too quick to judge and she blushed despite herself for being so rash, almost feeling a need to apologize for being so judgmental.

"Thank you, kind sir," Laela then said softly as she slowly walked toward the man. "I'm forever grateful that you found me. I'm Hal's distant cousin, Laela." She smiled a bit as she spoke, rubbing her arms to help stave off the chill. She longed to be inside and warm. "As for survivors..." she added, her voice trailing a bit, a hint of sadness in her voice. "There aren't any. I'm the only one."

Attire: Light forest green, off the shoulder crochet top with a black cincher, dark red cargo shorts with black suspenders, black fishnet stockings, and black knee high boots with multiple buckles.
Weapon: double-barrel old world shotgun, old world katana, and two hunting knives.
Tagging: Zaphkiel/Anyone/Potentially Laela/Trystan

dusted.jpg

Attire: Dark red duster jacket with grey tank-top, black cargo pants, silver suspenders, black shitkickers, and black goggles.
Weapon: Two old world katanas, two pistols with silencers, and two five inch bone handled daggers.
Tagging: Jibril/Anyone/Potentially Laela/Trystan

It took awhile for the speeders to be within range of the crashed ship, but as the twins had been riding, they noticed that another ship had dropped out of orbit and landed on Charon. Not many ships willingly landed on Charon so they were curious as to whom might be deciding to stop on by. The landscape was rough and the creatures that lived here were even rougher but they stayed away from the twins. As the sky darkened, they got closer to the ships, not liking the feeling that was in the air. It just felt off and maybe that was because the ship-goers were all foreigners to their planet. Probably. Then again, they didn't take well to new people. Never really had and with good reason. Telepathically, they organized their movements to come around the ships from a distance. With the way the planet was, their speeders might have been camouflaged, but it was doubtful. They weren't exactly trying to hide but they weren't openly presenting themselves either. Zaphkiel took the more subtle approach, slowing down his speeder to quiet the engine and take some cover behind some rock formations that were a ways off from both the ships. He had his weapons in case he needed them, but he doubted that Jibril would need his help. She rarely did.

Jibril on the other hand had decided to speed up, coming up to the area that the refugees were relaxing in. She got close enough that she could hear their conversation without truly making out what was being said. Something about some guy and someone needed saving. Blah, blah, blah. Slowing down her speeder and turning it off. She was maybe a hundred yards from the group and noticed a ragged bunch of...pirates. Her nose wrinkled up as the thought crossed her mind. She never really liked pirates but money was money if she got paid. She had to look out for Zaphkiel after all. They probably hadn't expected a lone woman on a speeder out here. Needless to say, they probably knew nothing about Zaphkiel unless they had heard both the speeders and saw them. She didn't believe so, but if they hadn't, she at least had an ace up her sleeve if the need arose. Letting Sabbin out of her little pouch, the dragon crawled up to her shoulder and shook out her wings, stretching before curling her tail around Jibril's neck. Maybe the dragon would make her seem less...strange? She had no idea and didn't particularly care.

"Oi! Looks like you got a busted ship. I also didn't think pirates were rescuers!" She called out, grinning widely. The lonesome little lady looked like Illuminati scum and she wondered if she would be able to scare her stiff. She hoped so. She didn't want some little priss thinking she was going to be saved. No, she could already feel her darker nature surfacing but managed to tramp it down with some soothing words from Zaphkiel. They didn't know if the woman was Illuminati or not but they did know that those ragged men were pirates. Rescue crews didn't look that messed up.

066dd561-1.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Possibly Zaphkiel; Jibril; Laela; Trystan

Not long after she had taken her leave and headed back to her ship, another ship landed nearby. It looked fairly elite, although certainly not government related by any means. She chewed on her lip. She supposed she could manage to play the victim as well. She looked hopefully at the ship there before hitting a few buttons on her ship. She set everything up for a decent autopilot to a nearby garage while she decided to sift through the wreckage and make herself as friendly a face as possible. She bundled her coat back around herself and began to head back towards the wreckage, hopeful that the Highwind would make it to the proper destination. If not, it wasn’t as if it were the first prototype. It had a lot more work involved with it than the earlier models, but she couldn’t rightfully complain. She however was in no hurry to make her way back.

Very vaguely, she could hear some kind of rustling, although it could be argued that it was the wind, and she decided she’d keep moving. She closed the coat around herself and kept her trek up, although something appeared… ominous about the area. And instantly she wished that she had just decided to go home and forgo fixing the Phase Engine in her dinky little ship. She shivered slightly before a loud voice reached her ears, causing her to stop. She’d heard the word pirates and instantly found herself concerned. No, no. This was not where she needed to be. And though ahead of her she saw a group of people matted together, the said ‘pirates’ included within them, she wasn’t going to take any risk of a merc finding her out. Looked like it was time for her to abandon her little ship project and move right along.

Now… how to do so without appearing suspicious…

dusted.jpg

Tagging: Jibril/Anyone/Danika

As Jibril spoke to the other people in the clearing, Zaphkiel noticed that a woman seemed to be trying to wander away without being seen. It was, frankly, quite suspicious and he wondered if she was trying to be...discreet. Well, it wasn't really working. Moving from his spot behind the rocks, he snuck around the perimeter of the group and slipped away to try to catch this woman. She was rather pretty but definitely was up to something and he just add to investigate- especially if she might be some kind of threat. And as far as he was concerned, there were too many ships. Keeping in mental contact with Jibril, he circled until he was behind the woman, cocking his gun at the back of her head from a few feet away. With a small sigh, he spoke.

"Now...I don't really care to know your story but it's awfully suspicious for one lone little woman to wander off from a group of people as if to hide something. Frankly, I just would like to know your purpose on my planet since you obviously aren't from around here."
He waited patiently, staring at her backside idly before checking discreetly with his eyes for weapons that may have been hidden. He couldn't particularly see any bulges that hinted at weapons, but he doubted that she was unarmed. He'd dealt with weirder situations.

066dd561-1.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Zaphkiel

The familiar click of a gun reached her ears, and she cursed at herself inwardly before putting her hands into the air. Now, how was she going to get out of this? She could seem discreet, although it was likely the owner of this voice had just caught her trying to sneak away without being noticed. Some job she did at that. Leaving her hands in the air, she turned around, a soft grin playing at her lips. As she turned, the pistol could be seen, crudely placed into the front of her shorts. Her eyes scanned him, noting every weapon she could see before letting her gaze fall back onto his face.

“My phase engine crashed nearby.” She pointed to wear her ship was and motioned in the direction it autopolited to. “I thought those people might have been some help. But someone mentioned pirates. Decided I’d rather not be a part of that conversation. I can get help on my own…” Now… time to turn on the charm. She quirked a perfectly shaped brow before continuing. “Now, do you point pistols at every foreigner you see, or am I special?” She questioned, being careful not to let on she meant any harm. She looked down at the gun tucked into her shorts and then back at him.

Tagging: Anyone; Jibril, Laela

Trystan raised an eyebrow at the new woman, and the dragon perched on her shoulder. His initial instinct was to play her off as another survivor, but the woman seemed to have different plans. He sighed, shaking his head and look at the girl with the jewelry. "I'm sorry, you'll have to excuse her. You see, most of the people on this planet have lost their minds... I'm afraid that it's the lack of any substantial wildlife, and the constant threat of death here. She doesn't exactly know what she's talking about." He looked at the woman with a very clear look. 'Shush you' he thought, hoping that his look would be enough. He took in a quick inventory of the weapons she had and raised an eyebrow. That was when he heard the footsteps of the rest of his group. "Commander, we caught signs of two unknown life-forms heading you-" The navigation man stopped mid-sentence, tilting his head at the girl with the old world shotgun. "Well, we found one. There was another speeder though." One of the other group, a tracker who went by 'Winky' tapped his eyepiece a few times before looking around.

"Sir, I'm picking up two heat sources.... both standing south-southeast. Behind a rock formation." Trystan nodded, signalling something with his hands. The tracker dropped to one knee, pulling out the rifle in one fluent motion and pointing it where he'd seen the heat signatures. "I don't know who you are ma'am... but I'd be willing to bet money that the person holding a gun to the other girl's head is somehow tied to you. I wouldn't want to blow any heads off, I simply came here for the girl and whatever her ship holds. That's it." He looked pointedly at Laela when he said it, returning his gaze back to the one with the shotgun. "Now, you have about five seconds to tell your friend to lower his weapon before we see just how many shots it takes to kill a living being." His voice was cold, hard, not anything like it was when he was talking to the girl from the Inner Sanctum.

Trystan still was unarmed, his knife sheathed safely in his sheath, and the rifle strapped securely to his back. In fact, the tracker was the only one who was actually aiming at something, while the rest of the group stood at attention, guns held in a way that wasn't threatening, but would allow them to fire quickly should the need arise. "We can all leave here as friends, and in relatively healthy states. But I'm not against firing on armed strangers who just so happen to be holding other armed strangers at gun point. I'm only asking you one more time. Drop your weapons or we fire ours."

2zzus2h.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Trystan, Jibril

Laela's eyes widened, adrenaline pumping through her veins as a wave of fear washed over her. The blood immediately rushed from her face, leaving it pale. Her knees wobbled and shook, turning to jelly, as she stood there with eyes wide as saucers. Did the woman say pirates? What? Surely she was mistaken. Yes. Surely. She glanced back and forth between the bantering two, unsure of what to make of the situation, desperate for Hal, for home and Helios. She was far from home and every moment that was passing her by, the reality of that was becoming more and more apparent. Her fingers wrapped themselves within the silky fabrics of her skirt, her breaths quickening as her chest heaved. For a brief second, she wanted to rip off her corset, allow herself the chance to breathe... breathe, breathe. Must focus on breathing.

"I want to go home," Laela began to whimper softly, her eyes welling a bit at the sight of guns and weapons, her mind spinning as things suddenly began to take a turn. She'd been so close to rescue. Hadn't she? Oh this place! This place! Why had her curiosity taken her here? She didn't belong out here. She didn't understand it. "Please, don't fire," she begged them all, though somehow she knew her pleas were in vain.

2cs6sys.jpg

Valkyrie had left when the other women told her she wanted to stay assuming it was a rescue mission. Valkyrie had feelings it was no such thing but she was hoping for the best of luck for the women but certainly wasn't going to sit there and argue with her to try and get her to come along. She hid a good distance off and when the other women was on her way back from going to her ship she was about to go warn her what was going on but instead slid further out of sight . she thought she was going to be spotted when she had moved as she had made a small rustling noise but then the women moved on.. In the distance she soon seen a issue as someone pulled up on a speeder and pointed A weapon at the women. Valkyrie thought about going forward and trying to help but could hear more people in the further distance . it was to much of a risk she decided to stay out of sight. She slowly backed away until she was fully out of range of the others. She soon found a path that looked like it lead towards a house which she made her way down. She then seen a girl up towards the end of the path she had a green top on and brown pants and had a pair of goggles which she thought to herself it seemed everyone was starting to wear now days for some reason. She approached quietly and slowly unsure if she wanted to interact with the person or not when she stepped on a alluminum piece of something that had been left behind it made a bit of a loud sound and she stopped dead in her tracks knowing there was a good chance the girl must have heard that.

Tagging: Zaphkiel/ Laela/Trystan

dusted.jpg

Tagging: Jibril/Anyone/Danika

"Pffft. You're really something." Jibril said with a laugh, trying not to fall over from it. They had them in their sights? Please, that was so typical of men who thought they had the upper hand. It was then that she noticed the girl with the jewelry. Jewelry. The word ricocheted around her mind before she remembered why the word meant so much. That pit of disgust that was large enough to swallow a planet grew as she watched the girl shake and sputter as if unused to such things. And of course she was, she was a little Illuminati brat. Really? Just who were these ingrates that had set foot on her planet? Telling her to take her weapons off and threatening her twin? He probably knew where the other crew members were but sent him a telepathic message if he didn't already know. He did. Smiling with no mirth whatsoever, Jibril adjusted her sleeves before casually stretching. She wasn't crazy. Not exactly.

"You act like you'll actually be able to shoot me. Even if you did, it wouldn't matter. Mercenaries know how to fight much better than pirates...or whatever you're claiming to be to get this girl's trust. I feel sorry for you, almost. Pity isn't really my strong suit. And since you seem like wanders of the Black Ocean...ever hear of amplified humans? No? Well, that's because there aren't many of us."
Jibril grinned, a cold look in her eyes, hearing what the others could not- that her brother had taken out his second silencer pistol and aimed it at the one aiming his rifle. Who would be the quicker shot? She wondered what that answer might be.

"Either you pay me so that we'll let you live or...die. Nevertheless, we'll be taking something with us unless you need some sort of bodyguard for your little princess here," Snickering a bit, Jibril put her hands on her hips, wondering just who might get out of this without a bullet wound. It didn't matter to her. The pain made her feel alive and enraged. It fed her lust for blood and war.

-----

"Unfortunately for you, you aren't special," Zaphkiel said, shrugging his shoulders lightly. He had heard some noise off to his right but chose to ignore it since he had to worry about Jibril getting shot- again- and the man who was pointing a rifle at him. The whole thing made him sigh and have to remember that Jibril was who she was. And she got him into a lot of unnecessary trouble. He took out his other silencer pistol and aimed it at the man with the rifle. Who was the better shot? They would find out if someone fired. Difference was that Zaphkiel wasn't aiming at the man's head but his trigger hand. Keeping his eyes on the woman in front of him with the interestingly placed gun, he let out a small sigh.

"If you go for your gun, you'll have a wounded shoulder. I really don't care about your intentions here but you're just too suspicious to leave alone. It speaks volumes of someone sneaking around like a mistress or a thief. And if pirates aren't your thing...well, I don't think mercenaries are your forte either," smiling lightly, Zaphkiel shrugged his shoulders again. It wasn't every day that he had to explain what he was. It was almost a no-brainer to think with all the weapons and such that he wasn't some barbarian trying to survive. He was a mercenary barbarian trying to survive. There was a difference. Tipping his head towards the direction of the others, he spoke politely.

"Why don't we walk over to them? Ladies first, I insist," still smiling, he waited for her to do as he asked.

066dd561-1.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Zaphkiel; Laela; Possibly Jibirl; Trystan; Valkyrie

She felt her insides curling. Didn’t look like he was going to fall victim to her girly charms. Which was unfortunate, as that was how she got out of the most daunting of situations. However, she knew that if she resisted him too much, he’d figure out instantly that she was what she was, and it would be game over. She was sure she had some kind of bounty on her head, but only God knows what. Danika was pretty good about sneaking about and getting things done without being caught, but there had to be a slip up somewhere. Or maybe not, maybe she was just that good, even if the current situation definitely stated otherwise. She quirked a brow at his second comment.

“Come now. What kind of lady comes unarmed to the Barbaric Rim? Now, that would just be… barbaric. Only fair to let you know where the weapon is, I mean. You’ve got a pistol to my heart, don’t you?” She would just have to keep her charm on and hope that he got swept up in the whirlwind shitstorm that is Danika Kennedy. He was armed to the teeth, this was certain, and it was clear that he was confident about what he did. That was… unfortunate. “I don’t have anything against mercenaries personally. Can’t say too much on the subject. Never really talked to one before now. But you make quite the impression, I have to admit.” When he suggested they move towards the group of people, Danika shrugged lightly.

“Chivalrous too? You’re a package deal, aren’t you, Mister Mercenary?” She turned, leaving her hands in the air to show that she wouldn’t be grabbing for the gun at her belt, and began to walk towards them, brandishing a slightly concerned smile. She quirked a brow before deciding to speak to them as a whole.

“Well, fancy meeting you again, Laela. You attract quite a bit of attention.” she said with what could be confused as a genuine smile. Danika, however, was extremely annoyed at this point. These had not been her intentions, and she sure as Hell didn’t have enough cash on her to pay off a couple of mercenaries. What a bother…

Back
Top Bottom