Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Charon (Barbaric Rim)

OYUP.jpg

Name: Sol Invictus
Attire: His usual purple suit.
Weapon: Himself.
Tagging: Halmir Quinn, anyone in the area.
Time: October 1, 3075; night.

Sol shook Gehenna's hand and returned her smile. "The pleasure is mine miss." He watched as she settled down nearby and assessed her potential use. He pushed it to the back of his mind for the time being and returned his attention to Hal. "Brief reports, I'm afraid. I have a file on it somewhere I believe. Highly addictive class A narcotic unless I'm mistaken. Not sure of refinement process or origins however." Sol reflected on what short reports he had heard about it. That was about it, as long as it stayed out of the Inner four it was a non-issue. A highly addictive drug could be incredibly useful for creating a docile zombie-like populace. Or, introduce it to the population and months later approach with treatment options and become heroes to the people. "What did you have in mind?" Sol asked, genuine interest in his voice.

6te58j.jpg

Name (Nickname): Halmir Quinn (Hal)
Attire: Standard attire of the Illuminati Elite - brown military-esque suit adorned with intricate gold adornments), white shirt, brown pants, brown leather boots.
Weapon: Blaster
Tagging: Anyone; Sol Invictus, Gehenna.
Time: October 1, 3075; Night

"You're quite correct," Hal began as he looked squarely at Sol, his expression serious. Though a hint of something sinister and mischievous could be seen glinting in his golden eyes. "I think there's something to be achieved if we can harness operation of processing and producing Zeema on Thalassa." He stopped his pacing and placed his hands on the table. "The drug has been around for a while, the people of Thalassa battling addictions for quite some time. However, a small pocket has done some work with the drug trying to legalize its uses for medical purposes." The man let out a chuckle. "Personally, I think we could double, perhaps triple, our power and profits if we do a few things."

Hal had often thought about Zeema when he'd first heard word about the drug and the problems Thalassa had faced. The planet had gone through a rough period at one point which was why the Illuminati had declared it illegal in the first place. They just hadn't been paying closer attention to doses and frequency of use. No, they hadn't seen the bigger picture.

"The data acquired has indeed shown promise. Zeema is useful in the world of medicine under the right situations and doses. But as we both know, it's highly addictive otherwise. And the higher the dose, the more its needed and the worse the crash. And this means the more control you have over your populace." Hal looked at Sol and then over at Henna. He gave the woman a smile as he spoke. Turning back to Sol, he continued. "If we produce the drug for medicine and then have some of production plants purposeful process for illegal usage, perhaps we can anonymously hire some outlaws to run the drug throughout the Rim planets. Of course, this would be after rule is established on Thalassa..." His eyes fixed on Sol's. "And perhaps smaller doses can be run on Thalassa and a few other carefully chosen planets... Keep the people in need while we treat. Keep the Rim in chaos while we protect."

OYUP.jpg

Sol thought deeply about this as he placed his hands behind his back once again and stared at the floor. If unsupervised this plan of Hal's could backfire, effecting middle, then upper class citizens and their children. Most of his support came from the upper-middle class and upper class citizens. Fortunately most of them were within the Inner Sanctum. He was being forced to lower his standards, something he did not enjoy doing. He refocused his thoughts, no, let Hal do as he pleases. The people were not the resource he was after.

"This seems like a reasonable plan. I do agree, we should test it on a small scale, gather results, and present it to the other members of the council for approval before proceeding with a greater scale." There were certain procedures to follow when doing things like... introducing a powerful narcotic into a populace. You also had to make sure you were not interfering with another Illuminati member's plans. An introduction to a remote town or small city wouldn't be very noticeable, and should produce the required statistics for a larger scale as well.

"Do you have a temporary replacement until we can send somebody else here to Charon? I'm not a huge fan of this place, leaving would be nice." Sol chuckled as he imagined how much Hal couldn't wait to leave either. "I suggest finishing any business that requires your attention. We will be leaving soon to give you a better office." He moved towards the door and looked at Hal and Henna. "She may come as well if you two want. I do not lack for room on my ship."

6te58j.jpg

Name (Nickname): Halmir Quinn (Hal)
Attire: Standard attire of the Illuminati Elite - brown military-esque suit adorned with intricate gold adornments), white shirt, brown pants, brown leather boots.
Weapon: Blaster
Tagging: Anyone; Sol Invictus, Gehenna.
Time: October 1, 3075; Night

Hal thought for a moment about who he could contact to hold position in Charon. He could ask one of his colleagues working along with him to temporarily hold position while he tended to things with Sol and began setting plans into motion that would get him off of Charon permanently. Gehenna too. Of course, he'd need the man to be briefed, but Henna had meticulous logs of everything that had been done and needed to be done. Just as she also had logs for 'show' versus the ones that were only meant for their eyes and no others. At that moment, he looked her way and gave her a nod.

"Henna, brief Zander Kazad about everything," Hal said. And by 'everything', he was especially referring to the settlement in the north that his hired thugs couldn't seem to handle properly. Such pitiful help out on this rock. "He will be commanding Charon while we're gone." Again, his eyes found hers, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Then get yourself ready. Soon we'll be accompanying Mr. Invictus to Thalassa."

Hal turned toward Sol and nodded at the man, extending his hand. "I do believe it's time we left this rock."

(Exits to 'The Black')

Gehenna.jpg

Name (Nickname): Gehenna 'Henna' Leoncah
Attire: A brown, suit like top that is low cut, revealing ample skin, and parts to open just below her breasts, revealing a toned abdomen. A pair of brown, leather pants and boots to match. Goggles on her head to keep her hair back and brow fingerless gloves with an emerald colored stone in the center. A few trinkets around her neck and hanging from her ears, as well as what could be a utility belt hanging from her waist, loosely and fashionably.
Weapon: Two modified pistols and a lightsaber of sorts.
Tagging: Anyone; Halmir; Sol Invictus
Time:October 1, 3075; Night​

Gehenna nodded and stood, not bothering needing to be told twice. She knew what the man needed to know, and what he didn’t as well as where to put her hands on ever single thing that had happened on this god forsaken planet the minute that Hal began his reign. For a moment, she had almost suggested staying behind to cover for him, but as he had other plans, Henna would not question him, although she did need to make sure that the settlement was taken care of. Surely the little brute could handle that in her stead? If not, she would merely have to come back and finish what she had started.

She’d guided the replacement out of the room as they spoke of what needed to be done and what had been done, as well as what his duties would be. And once she was done, she stopped and stared the man down. Her gaze, when honed just right, could almost be compared to ice. Cold enough to freeze a weaker specimen in it’s spot.

“Make sure that the settlement in the North gets taken care of, Zander. It would be… unfortunate if I had to make a trip back just to clean up your mess… Do we understand one another?” Once the man indicated that he did indeed understand, her gaze let up. She turned her head to glance down the hall. She had a few things she needed to gather. “Now, go. Contact me if anything goes Awry. Commander Quinn will be far too busy to squabble with you.” she waved him off and made her way down the hall, gathering a few things in a small bag that she hung over her shoulders before making her way back to both Halmir and Sol.

Smiling, she stood obediently in the background, waiting for the next order. She was rather relieved that things were coming off this way. It didn’t seem as though they would need the girl after all. But… nothing should be ruled out. Not yet.

OYUP.jpg

"Good, I'll be waiting on my ship. I've had enough of this planet." True, the only thing useful on this planet was the few trees. Sol had walked to the door and turned back to them, "You may come with me, or take the other shuttle to my ship. I'm eager to progress our plans." And in turn, my own plans. He thought to himself with a smile. Sol turned around, waved to his guard and proceeded towards the lift that would take him to ground level. The blue holographic screen popped up as he brought his forearm up and in front of him. "Yes, Captain, prepare two rooms on my deck for guests. No. No. No. Yes of course, food too. Yes. No. Scotch, what kind of question is that? Yes, 15 maybe. Good."

(Exit to the Black)

Back
Top Bottom