Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SPACE PIRATES!!!! OOC

Well, you know.. Tests can be quite scary, and that is not what this is meant to be. :p Well, maybe for our characters, but not for us. :)

I'll be putting in information about the invaders in the 'Notable Characters' as OOC, tomorrow. Some more to look up, and see if it sparks interest.

I enjoy the development from the players here. Building our own universe. I will, at some point, be placing Invictus industries and its subsidiaries there. It has three focuses, each of which I will go into detail about as well.

Oh, also, I just moved today, so it will be a little bit before I get everything set up. Probably by later tonight.

Alright lovelies, in response to FM's ideas, I figured that if we have invaders coming, why not have a small sect of rebels that have been..... stockpiling weaponry and such, developing it etc. There would be a series of events that would bring this around mind you, it won't just happen out of nowhere, but those events will be kept secret until then. This sect would have a certain degree of weaponry, and would be rather gung-ho against these new invaders. I just wanted to gather people's opinions. The idea is still rather young, and I figured before I got too into it I'd see if it would get off the ground.

Someone go say hi to me. I'm literally screaming profanities outside the ships.

the only thing that's missing is a "dude, where's my car" reference.

I have now added, oocly of course, the fleet that would be attacking, if it is decided this event would be interesting. Remember, this fleet wouldn't attack, as soon as we agree to the event, but would be something to take a lot longer then just a few days. It'd be an event over the coarse of a long time, before the fleet even enters the Hera Galaxy, giving everyone plenty of time to prepare or otherwise completely ignore the threat.

I put it in the Notable Creations. :)

About the new threat..

I was a bit unsure if I should post anything about it at all. I see the idea has sparked quite a bit of enthusiasm already, and Mischievous has obviously put a lot of work into this, and I hate to be the one obstructive naysayer. On the other side, I should probably voice my concerns sooner, rather than later.

Concerning the writeup in the Notable Creations sector, I think it is perhaps a little over much, if I can say so.

I mean, the invading aliens control 4 galaxies already (and thus nearly unlimited resources) and have a genetically and cybernetically enhanced army drawn from what must be thousands of worlds. The home team has 12 planets..

Furthermore, the enemy do both have super intelligent leaders and physical powerhouses for soldiers, highly advanced ships, a huge fleet and are technologically advanced enough to travel between galaxies.
I think it is kind of like if the entire Europe decided to gang up on Lichtenstein or something.

Since their one objective is the complete and utter subjugation of every single living organism everywhere, I just cannot see this as something that would involve a slow build up. It would make more sense for the enemy to just invade and flatten the doomed defenders right away.

Introducing such a powerful enemy would also risk causing a rather radical shift in focus, IMHO. Less Firefly and more Valiant defenders versus the Zergborgs.

Also (and this is a minor nitpick indeed :) ), why are the Ascellians so vulnerable to bacteria. It would seem reasonable that such an advanced species would have learned to compensate for this.

Perhaps it is possible to scale the invaders down a few notches? Make them less all powerful? Perhaps their empire is growing rapidly, but still at a scale of several solar systems, not entire galaxies?

OK, this got a bit longer than intended. Please do take my criticism as it is intended; just my two cents ;)

I couldn't help but read the notable creations thing, and I have to say that as good as the idea is of introducing a new type of government, one that wants to rule the universe, four galaxies against twelve planets does not seem fair at all. While it's possible I could.... spurr somewhat of a renovation of weapons, I don't think that they could be spread fast enough to be of any use. It also seems there are vast technological differences from the Invaders and the inhabitants of Hera. For instance, you use Waygates, which means that they could quite possibly be targeted and destroyed, thus disrupting travel, yadda yadda. But that also means that they would have to be placed there before-hand. Meanwhile, Hera has perfected interstellar travel, at least within the system. This would give them more versatility while in-system.

Also, I have been toying with this concept for quite a while and figured I'd bring up the most basic with Raptor in the Rp. There is a way for the Phase Engines to be weaponized. The antimatter reactions generate an unbelievable amount of electrical energy, and certain experiments with Phase technology could lead to new, more effective weaponry. I'd need more time to fiddle, as well as introduce it should this invader idea go through. Otherwise, I'll keep it at the two main concepts. Also, I'll be posting up a brief thingy on the developers of the Jump Drive Technology, Eija Incorporated.

I'm just going to say this.
Intergalactic anything is a nono.
I don't mind if they are from the other side of the galaxy. Some distant arm.
But complete and utter dominance of 4 galaxies?

no.

To be perfectly honest, it seems like this was written from the stand-point of a god-modder. I'll be honest.
A 'threat' is reasonable, nothing in that description is reasonable. Now if you want to completely remove the fantasy of realism from this RP, I can do that.
I've played God-RP's before. But this isn't one.

The idea is good. The execution, was not.

If this goes through without some serious revisions, I'm out.

I think we have our answers from the majority. Basically that the idea of an invading threat is good and fine, but that the threat needs to be toned down quite a bit from what we're seeing here. So, if revisions can be done there and 're-submitted' for everyone to read over and re-discuss, that would be great. Again, we're all listening and ready to continue discussions as needed. :)

Uhm.. I'm glad that people didn't at all read the earlier posts I sent up. :) Its funny how anything meant to be scary and somewhat unfathomable, something meant to be threatening, actually makes the players scared as well. Heh.

The Ascelian Rule, took control of and dominated four Galaxies, because they had no way of knowing something was coming. Had no way of knowing, that an invading force was on the way. And to say that it was written by a 'god-modder', is just unnecessarily offensive and rude. Things isn't always unprofessional and people doesn't always want to come in and take over. That's not at all the aim with the invading force, it was meant to be beaten.
But never mind.. Not even going to justify that players negativity with any sorts of a discussion...

To an actual question, rather then a uncomforting accusation, as Razorwing said, yes there'd be plenty of advantages for the people of Hera, such as their traveling methods inside the Galaxy. The Ascelian Rule doesn't posses the knowledge of the Galaxies mapping. They'd be slow movers against the Heran people. And as to why they don't just attack immidiately, you can't drive to school, if there ain't no gas on the car, or if there ain't no road.. :) The Waygate needs time to recharge and seek coordinates.

I do not hope, people are scared of the Ascelian Rule, because their afraid I want them to actually take over. To rule. They where never meant to take over, that wasn't part of the plot, as mentioned. And to say it'd be leading it away from Firefly, wouldn't be entirely right. In Firefly they face unbeatable odds as well.. And they wouldn't have to want to defend the actual Galaxy, but they'd still have to fight for their own lives.

But, on behalf of Dj, I'm going to be backing out on this one, at least for now. I'm clearly threatening his/hers position with a plot idea, and I didn't come to the Group Rp, just to push someone out. So I'll take the plot off the Notable Creations, and spend some more time with it.

Mischievous, I got a suggestion. I am not sure if you like it, but if you do, feel free to use it.

The Ascellians are a growing empire, who has rapidly expanded, taking over more than a dozen worlds, and have their eyes on many many more.
Their ultimate plan is the completed domination of the galaxy (and beyond) and the control of every single organism, but they are not there yet. In other words, your description details what they are striving to become.

But that is OK. The Ascellians are planning long term, centuries, even millenniums ahead.

They have not yet the resources to actually invade every system they want, but they don't need to do that yet. Instead they try to destabilize them, to see who are weak and possible to take over.

Thus they send forth cyborg mercenaries and genetically engineered monsters to create chaos. This is done secretly, and indeed, the Ascellians may try to contact the locals, pretending to have the same problems back home with 'interstellar piracy', even offering their aid (giving them a chance to spy on the defences at the same time).

Basically, a little less overwhelming, a little more sneaky. Dunno if it helps, but it is just a suggestion :)

we aren't playing in a galactic setting as of yet. We are playing within one, singular, system out of millions within a galaxy.

The scope isn't being comprehended here.

Thank you for being unnecessarily butthurt over what I took as a definitive lack of skill and understanding.

Aaand in itself, that isn't unnecessarily bitchy, and/or 'mean'? There is so many ways of explaining such an opinion, with less chance of hurting someone else. So to me, it seems more like a lack of comprehension of social abilities. My idea, probably was too big, and out of a scale, that you apparently created, considering one of the creators, quite liked the idea, and encouraged me to suggest it to the people of the group.

But its not a surprise. Its the chances we all take, leaving the door. Meeting someone, unable to take the few seconds it'd take, to revise their words to be considerate and appreciate that others comes with an idea. But instead instantly accusing the other of god-modding, and threatening to leave the Group, if the idea even gets close to acceptance. But never mind. Your right. Unnecessarily buthurt. Especially with the latest smack over the cheek. Unnecessarily.. Butthurt..

To a more positive note, thanks PIM. I like your idea, and its good to see progressive critisism isn't completely dead these days. :) And thanks to Razorwind as well, I'll take your suggestions into my forthgoing adjustments. Hope I'll end up with a more 'reasonable' thread, to return with. When I get my time for it. Ain't having a lot of that these days.. But till then.. Enjoy the play. :)

Okay, let's stop fighting. FM, you can't complain about DJ being bitchy when you're acting like a princess who got her shoes stepped on. The idea wasn't to hard to comprehend, and it's not that people aren't allowed to take it. Some people are allowed to dislike your idea, that's the point of free will. To be honest, I didn't like it either. I thought they had way too much power as well. It does seem kind of God-Moddish. Dj just said what some of us were thinking, he's just a bit more blunt about it.

Also, just because Dj disagreed and said he wanted no part of the idea doesn't mean that the thread is unreasonable. :/ That's just silly.

So, in short form, we agree to disagree, and if you two want to go at each other's throats, that's something to do in PMs. Dj wasn't butthurt, he was blunt. There's a difference.

Well, that was lovely to wake up to.

Enough with the arguing. Sorry, FM, but DA said to present it so that others could comment on it, doesn't meant she said, "Post about it so then we can spring it on people." Meaning majority rule on this. On paper, it probably looks like a good idea, but in appliance it is just way too much, and I already said I didn't like it much to begin with. This has nothing to do with "fear" it's an RP, it has to do with realism. Galaxies are huge.

The only thing people asked was a tone down. That was all. Either way, if you think this group is unreasonable, well, that's your problem to work through as I happen to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom