Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SPACE PIRATES!!!!

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
This has been in my brain for a while………….

What happens when you blend the concepts of Firefly/Serenity and Star Wars with a dash of other scifi concepts? You get a cocktail for
SPACE PIRATES!!!!

*ahem*

So….. what does this mean? Well, please read on.

SETTING:

Galaxy - The Hera Galaxy

Main Solar System - It is comprised of 12 planets. The 4 closest to the sun are often called the 'inner sanctum' and are also heavily ruled by interplanetary government known as The Illuminati.The outer 8 planets, though also ruled by The Illuminati, their rule isn't enforced and is often times overlooked entirely given their distance from the 'inner sanctum' where much of their ruling houses are located. The outer most 2 planets, known as 'barbaric rim' are the most primitive of the 12 planets and are also where outlaws tend to make their havens and homes given proximity to the 'inner sanctum' and rough terrain making it easier to hide and stay off grid to The Illuminati.

The Illuminati - It is a fanatical interplanetary government ruling the 12-planet solar system (the setting of the story). It's heaviest and most thorough rule is on the 4 planets closest to the sun, often called the 'inner sanctum'. Since the outer 8 planets are so much farther away in comparison to the 'inner sanctum', they often times let things slide to a degree as far as law though they do have representatives present on each of the planets to help keep some semblance of control. However, given that those representatives are so cut off from civilization and the 'inner sanctum' itself, they tend to turn a blind eye more often than not and to degrees that even The Illuminati themselves are hardly aware.

The Inner Sanctum - The 4 planets closest to the sun and most heavily ruled by The Illuminati. Interplanetary law is upheld entirely here and if broken, punishments are swift and harsh.

The Barbaric Rim - The outermost 2 planets of the solar system. Each planet has a set of representatives of The Illuminati, but communication between them is more or less nil. They turn a blind eye completely to all Illuminati Law thus making them almost anarchical in how they are governed. As such, both planets are overrun with outlaws and mercenaries and pirates.

The Middle 6 Planets - Each planet has a set of representatives of The Illuminati, but communication between them is not the best. Some laws are upheld and some are not and all tend to be at the discretion and mercy of the official(s) on duty/present should their intervention be needed.

The Planets - from sun to outer
Helios ~ 'inner sanctum'; highly populated; cities, etc., populated areas tend to have more daylight hours than darkness.

Themis ~ 'inner sanctum'; highly populated; cities, etc.

Hemera ~ 'inner sanctum'; moderately populated; mix of cities and rural areas, provides the 'inner sanctum' planets with a lot of produce and livestock.

Ananke ~ 'inner sanctum'; small population; primarily rural, wooded terrain filled with fearsome creatures and poisonous plants.

Dragonia ~ 'middle six'; highly populated; cities, etc, mountainous, dragon-like creatures are indigenous to the planet.

Gorgyra ~ 'middle six'; small population; the surface of the planet is mainly ash and typically cold, inhabitants tend to live underground in caves and caverns along with the creatures indigenous to the planet.

Nephelai ~ 'middle six'; moderately populated; a mix of cities and rural areas, provides the 'middle six' planets with a lot of produce and livestock.

Thalassa ~ 'middle six'; moderately populated; has cities located both underwater and above water since most of the planet is made up of water.

Lamia ~ 'middle six'; small population; populated areas tend to have more darkness than daylight hours; home to creatures that seem to have a taste for blood, towns have fortified walls built around them.

Erebos ~ 'middle six'; small population; predominantly an ashy wasteland with pockets of civilization.

Acheron ~ 'barbaric rim'; small population, piracy runs rampant just as it does on a few of the 'middle six' planets, harsher terrain.

Charon ~ 'barbaric rim'; small population, piracy runs rampant just as it does on a few of the 'middle six' planets, harsher terrain.

~~~

PREMISE:

The Illuminati rules the 'inner sanctum' with an iron fist, however the 'barbaric rim' is more or less free even though it technically falls under their governing rule. Twelve planets in all are governed by this fanatical group, yet space piracy runs rampant in the 'barbaric rim' and is slowly spreading into the 'middle six'. There is definite dislike of The Illuminati amongst many of the planets not a part of the 'inner sanctum', wishing to break away from the fanaticism and wanting to overthrow them entirely throwing the entire solar system into discord. This would cause unrest for a time, but allow for the rise of an eventual new leader or group to take their place, one who hopefully has a better future in mind for everyone.

The planets of the system are each unique, some of which carry terrors and horrors that only those who dare take the time to visit them will ever experience and face. Other planets are lush and beautiful, scenic to behold and a joy to visit again and again. Couple this with a fanatic ruling power and their representative officials based on each planet and the outlaws that roam the black of space and you have a niche within the Hera Galaxy in which this story unfolds.

~~~

CHARACTERS NEEDED:

Various 'roles' would be needed to make this a fairly well-rounded group RP, but it wouldn't be necessary to have them all filled as I think it could be worked around depending on how many people showed interest, etc. The roles include:

Outlaws/Pirates
Mercenaries/Vigilanties
Civilians
Illuminati/Officials/Representatives

Those showing interest are more than welcome to play more than one role (in fact, people can play as many as they feel they can handle). As for how these roles work -- outlaws/pirates are characters who break the laws as set by The Illuminati themselves OR by those who represent them on the various planets (ie, the officials/representatives). This means they most likely also have a bounty of some sort on their head. Mercenaries are those who are paid to bring in the outlaws/pirates to the governing officials whereas vigilanties do not expect to get paid and try to uphold laws (or merely a moral code) for the sake of it. Civilians are exactly what you'd expect them to be. And The Illuminati/Officials/Representatives are those who hold some sort of governing position on a planet or over the entire solar system.

If there is enough interest and discussion here, I will eventually put up a character profile thread that will have both a template and explanation of how to deal with that along with another thread for OOC.

Thanks.

LINKS:
Character Thread - http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=36795
OOC Thread - http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=36810

I would say they are technically for themselves. They merely get a paycheck from The Illuminati, etc. because they are turning in outlaws to them. But I don't necessarily see them always being on their side per se. Some might be. But I wouldn't say it's a requirement.

Ohhh.... ooops. I was thinking you were talking about the mercenaries being villains. LOL.

Anyway, are you referring to the outlaws and pirates then? If so, then again, I'd say they are for themselves as well. I would say more than likely they aren't fans of The Illuminati at all. Some might be 'good', some might be truly 'evil'. I think you could have quite a spectrum of outlaws.

<3333333333
YAY a bite! And it's one from Hahvy! *hugs*
I hope we get more!

And yep..... All my planets are named for the Greeks. Glad someone noticed. <3333333333333333

Also, if people know of anyone who might be interested... now might be a good time to spread the word *nudge* hehe. If we get some decent interest because right now only 3 people have shown interest and I'm not even sure how interested that interest is (if you get my meaning). Because I can put up a character profile template/thread if it'll help. I have one I tend to use and then tweak for the groups I run. Also, given the way this one will be with the various planets and such, I envision it to hopefully be a multi-thread group RP. And we will DEFINITELY be using headers and a tagging system. But anyway, let's get the interest rolling!!!!

Also, what sorts of roles are people interested in playing? Are people interested in playing more than one character? *curious minds want to know* XD

Cool setting:) I think I am interested in this. I think two characters would be my max.

I got some ideas for one character, a civillian, and vague ideas for one other (either pirate or bounty hunter).

You know me, DA. I gotta play some sort of outlaw/some screws loose/interesting individual. ;D

Hopefully we will get a bit more interest. It sounds like a fun RP.

AWESOME! INTEREST HAS BEEN REVIVED!!!

I'll post a character template then and see if that makes interest thrive even more. :)
And again, spread the word. If anyone knows of anyone else who might be interested, don't hesitate to let them know about this.

This post is directed to imran102 (re: question in character profile thread about images since I'm going to delete your post in there as it doesn't belong in there).

If you read the template, in the parenthetical, it mentions the specifications for images -- real life images only, 150h x 100w pixel size. Of course, the size doesn't have to be 100%, but please try to be close as these images are to be used for your headers. And images don't have to be 100% real life so long as they look EXTREMELY realistic. Since this is scifi, I get that not all character might be human or in standard costuming. So, I get that people might want some sort of artistic styling. But PLEASE. If you go that route, keep it to an artistic styling that could almost be confused for real. In other words, no anime or anything that is obviously 'fake'.

I have no idea what my charcter will be yet. But DA you know that I only play with gay male character :D Dont judge me Please :p Hope someone will like to be my character's partner?

Space pirates, y'say? Hmm, I think I'll have to take a closer look at this thread! I'm a sucker for sci-fi/space games. :D (I'll probably play some kind of engineer or mr.fixit character...)

Back
Top Bottom