Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Club Seduction (DareToDream & Blue)

He knew the words, tossed out there so casually, would probably take her by surprise but her reaction was even better than he’d expected. First came the almost choke then the redness that infused her cheeks, creeping up to her ears and down her neck. When she grabbed her water, her hand was shaking though he didn’t think she even noticed it, still struggling with her reaction. When she finally spoke, if you could call it that, it took everything he had not to smile or chuckle, reactions he knew would mortify her even more.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw movement and turned his head, seeing Tony hustling to the table. Groaning inwardly, he waited. “Kim, are you alright? What’s wrong? Can I help?” Carter turned and smiled at him, ignoring her for the moment.

“She’s fine, Tony. Just swallowed her water wrong after something I said startled her. She’ll be ok in a moment.” His words were calm but firm, final in their statement, and Tony got the message. Looking at Kim in concern one last time, he finally left and Carter turned his attention back to his date. Reaching out, he took her hand, placing it between his, his fingers lightly stroking her wrist.

“I take it you’re not very experienced with sex toys, Kim?” he asked, his voice very low, still calm but infused with heat. “Don’t feel embarrassed by that. I find your innocence rather sexy actually.” His fingers continued to caress her skin but now he pulled her arm across the table and brought her hand to his lips, kissing it gently.

Kim was glad that she had her head in her hands when Tony came over to check on her. Even more mortified than she was before, she couldn't for the life of her figure out why he was there. She heard Carter quickly dispense of him, which relieved her to no great extent. This was the most interest Tony had ever paid her. Ever! Even when they had dated he hadn't seemed as interested in her as he was in this moment right now. It left her confused and a little hurt, further adding to her embarrassment. She was just so glad Carter was there.

When he took her hand, she gently laid her other hand on the table across her. His touch was soothing, but his words immediately put her on the defensive. She was just about to retort and tell him that she was experienced, which would have been a total lie, when his comment stopped her in her tracks. "I am-wait!....You...you do? You find it sexy?"

As his lips gently brushed against her skin, it left her breathless. She closed her eyes as a gentle wave of pleasure travelled from her hand all the way through her body. Intimate images of him kissing the length of her naked body almost made her gasp in response, her teeth subconsciously moving to bite her lower lip instead.

It took her a few moments to gather her thoughts, "I...I don't see why," she commented genuinely. Her entire life she'd been told it was a social sin for her to not be as experienced as the next girl when it came to men. Sure she'd had sex, and had done what she called the 'basics', but anything more than that ... well it made her uncomfortable.

Carter almost chuckled again when the words he’d said finally settled into her mind, causing her to respond in surprise. The way she bit that lower lip did things to him down low and he felt his pants grow tight as his cock swelled. God, she had no idea how beautiful she was in that moment, he thought, nor did she know how badly he wanted to drag her from that booth, take her home, and ravage her.

“Yes, I find it sexy. I wasn’t lying about that” he answered, his voice calm. After kissing her hand, he laid her arm back down and continued to caress her skin, loving the feel of it under his thumb. He didn’t ask permission, didn’t hesitate. She’d have to pull away if she wanted it to stop and she apparently didn’t as she hadn’t moved. In fact, she’d slid her other arm onto the table, almost tempting him further.

He cocked his head at her next words and finally smiled. “I can understand why you don’t see it…it’s hard to see things about ourselves. The why is easy for me to answer though.” He paused, keeping his gaze on her, wondering how she’d take his next words. “I do have experience with them, and I find your inexperience sexy because it means I can help you gain experience with them, should you decide that’s something you want.”

The words were out there and there would be no way to interpret them any other way than that he wanted her. While he’d worded it to let her think she actually had a choice in the matter, he’d already made up his mind that he’d work for as long as it took to have her and Carter wasn’t a man used to losing. Ever.

Kim's mind was so fogged over with desire that it took a few moments for her to fully comprehend what Carter was saying to her. At first she thought that he might have been suggesting that he show her the how things of this nature work, like a dry tutorial video with step by step instructions on topics like where the batteries go. But as she stared deeply into his eyes, his meaning became clear. She'd finally noticed how his voice had seemed to grate more in his throat, making it slightly gruffer. The way his hands hadn't let go and were constantly moving against her delicate skin.

He wanted to SHOW her. He wanted to give her actual experience. He wanted to be shirts off, skin touching, lips brushing, tensions rising, hot and heavy, INTIMATE. The floor nearly fell out from under her! She let out a shaky breath, hoping he wouldn't notice. "Oh," she said quietly, showing she understood what he meant, desperately trying not to give too much away, knowing that her inexperience would most likely be her downfall.

She wasn't sure how she felt, or even whether she felt. Sure she had a crush on him, maybe even wanted more with him, but was she ready for more? She knew what came next, she was no virgin. But to be so completely vulnerable to a man, to have him know all her secrets, to allow him to take her to places she'd never been before...well, she just didn't know. She wasn't sure she could trust anyone to that extent.

"Well..." she responded cautiously, her manners telling her that she shouldn't keep him waiting for an answer. "...that's...good to know."

Tony, seizing the opportunity one last time, came up noticing they'd almost finished their meal and that Kim was uncomfortable. Fortunately, not even realising that she wasn't uncomfortable but squirming from sexual tension. "Can I get you anything else?"
"Ah, no. No, I think we're good thanks Tony," she said, her eyes never leaving Carter's. "Do you want to get outta here?" she asked trying to smile, suddenly feeling as a thousand eyes were on her. "I know a spot by the river?"

Every emotion that you could think of played across Kim’s face in that moment and he watched every one, gauging where she’d end up. His words had been very bold, especially considering this was only the second time they’d spent time together, but he was a man that believed in being bold when he was chasing after something he wanted and he was definitely chasing after her. He kept his gaze on her, letting her process everything, his fingers never stopping their soft caress. It was clear to him that when, not if, he managed to get her undressed, he’d never be able to stop touching her.

Right in front of his eyes, her thinking stopped, also telegraphed for a man of his experience. That quiet “Oh” followed by the rest of her words almost drew a chuckle from his lips. It was the type of reaction he’d expected, if he was honest with himself. One of muted surprise followed by good manners, when most women might have hauled off and slapped him.

He cocked his head in response, smiling softly, and finally let her hand go. The idea had been planted, and that was good enough for him, so he chose not to respond to his words. It could have gotten awkward then if her friend hadn’t shown back up, almost drawing a feral growl from Carter’s lips. Her invitation to leave the diner surprised him but he stilled his face before she’d see it. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his wallet and left enough cash on the table to pay for their meals and tip her friend nicely then smiled at her. “That sounds like the best plan I’ve heard all day” he murmured, his gaze locked on hers, heat showing clearly but banked slightly. Standing, he pushed away from the desk and took her hand, drawing her out of the booth also, tucking her in against his side briefly.

Turning to her friend, he nodded. “It was a pleasure to meet you, Tony. Perhaps we’ll have a chance to talk again. Right now, though, I need to pamper Kim some more. You might learn something from that, if you think about it a bit.” With that, he slipped an arm around her waist and leaned in, placing his lips against her ear. “If you laugh gently, he’ll never forget what he let go” he murmured softly.

Relieved that Carter wanted out as well, Kim smiled gently. Reaching for her things, she hadn't even realised that he'd paid for both their meals. She was just about to protest when he quickly moved in front of her, reaching out to help her out of the booth. Taking his hand gently, she bit her tongue, promising herself that she'd get the next one.

She nearly gasped as he drew her up against his side, then nearly gasped again as Carter said his farewells to Tony. She blushed deeply at his words, and almost felt sorry for Tony. Almost. As they reached the exit and Carter whispered in her ear, the concept alone was almost enough to make her laugh without him telling her to. But she caught herself, thinking that Tony had endured enough for one day. Instead she lightly swatted Carter's chest. "Stop it, you," she replied quiet enough for him to hear, giving him a cheeky smile before opening the door for both of them.

Leading him back towards the river, Kim looked up at Carter. "Thank you for lunch. That was lovely. I've got the next one though," she insisted. Before he even had time to respond, she quickly changed the tone, genuinely adding, "And I'm sorry about Tony. I don't know what came over him. He's not normally so...attentive."

Carter felt Kim’s body quiver in a smothered laugh and he was impressed that she’d managed to suppress it. The fact that she did though caused him to respect her more. Though she’d clearly been irritated at Tony’s behavior given how he’d treated her before, she had no desire to hurt his feelings. It was a lesson Carter could learn from, actually, because in his dominance, he sometimes hurt people without meaning to do so. He chuckled softly at her swat and words, loving that she felt comfortable enough to be playful with him.

“You’re welcome” he answered in response to lunch. A smile graced his lips when he realized she was indicating that a second one would happen. “I’ll gladly take you up on your offer to pay for the next one” he murmured quietly, heat in his eyes. It felt good that she wanted another one. Most of the women he dated weren’t with him for the non-sexual time together so it was nice to have that now.

As they reached the path near the river, he cocked his head, pondering her comments about Tony. “Sometimes, when a guy sees another guy with a woman he dated, even if he was the one to break it off, a territorial feeling can still surface. That’s what happened tonight. While Tony hasn’t wanted to date you since that first time, in the back of his mind, you were always a “plan B”. Seeing you with another man screwed with his mind and he panicked. I’ve seen it before. You don’t deserve to be anyone’s plan B so I didn’t have a problem being territorial in return and showing him that you were off the market, even if that’s not entirely true.”

"You're sweet," Kim replied a little half heartedly. Though it was indeed sweet that Carter had stepped in for her, she wasn't sure she quite deserved it, nor his compliment. Adjusting her position slightly as they walked, she took him by the hand when they reached a particular point in the path. "Come with me. I want to show you something."

As they walked the path down by the river, they came across the smallest opening in between the trees and overgrown shrubs. To anyone who didn't know it was there, would have walked straight past it as the diverging path seemed to camouflage in the foliage. Kim, leading from the front along the narrow trail, guided Carter up a slight incline to eventually reveal a large wooden platform.

Kim guided Carter to the edge of the lookout, and with a great big smile on her face, she pointed to her right. "From here, you can see River Street, the bank, the hospital, and all the way out to the nightclub strip..." she started, before slowly turning, pointing to her left. "...And on this side, you can just see where the river meets the sea."

Squeezing Carter's hand gently, she suddenly felt more comfortable than she had all week. She'd often come to the lookout when she'd had a particularly rough day, or needed to think things through before making a tough decision. The bustling sounds of River Street behind the lookout seemed to dim from the dense overgrowth. And the best part was, nobody seemed to know it was there, so whenever Kim came to visit, it would always be deserted.

She stood in silence a few moments, taking in the peaceful ambience, before leading Carter right to the edge of the platform and sitting down under the wooden railing, letting her feet dangle. Smiling up at him she tapped the space next to her and waited for him to join her. After he'd sat down, she took his hand in both of hers. Looking it over almost wistfully, she thought about the events leading up to this moment, and how quickly things had seemed to change.

"Carter..." she asked quietly, "do you think...I mean, this probably might sound a bit stupid...do you think two people can work together and have, well, 'fun', at the same time?" A cheeky grin, flecked the edges of her lips as she joked gently, "You see, cos I have this "friend"..."

As he sat next to her, his hand trapped between hers, Carter tried to get his brain back on track. The moment she’d laced her fingers with his and began to tug him down the hidden path, he’d been lost. The simple touch of their skin had set his nerves on fire and his heart beating rapidly. It was a weird reaction for him as he was usually in complete control of his emotions around women but around Kim that was proving to not be the case, at least not regularly. On one level, he loved it, but on another it bothered him greatly and he knew he would have to regain complete control again. For now, though, he was enjoying things as they progressed.

He turned as she spoke, her words halting, as if she was afraid to ask her question or was embarrassed to ask it. He let her words sink in, their implication very clear, but showed no initial response. Inside though, he knew they’d taken the second step towards something more physical as there was no doubt in his mind who the friend was that she mentioned. As the silence stretched for a moment, he gazed into her eyes, seeking to dive into her soul for a moment. Then, he reached his free arm out and slid his hand behind her head, fingers gripping her hair, and slowly pulled her head towards his.

Time seemed to move slowly, so very slowly, until finally his lips met hers, molding perfectly to them. No words were needed for this question, only a physical demonstration, and he proceeded to give it slowly and surely. His lips moved over hers, kissing her softly, tasting her intimately and then his tongue darted out and parted her lips with ease, brushing against hers, an appreciate murmur slipping out. He was lost then, lost to her touch and their kiss, simply enjoying the moment, stretching it out as long as he could. Finally, needing air, Carter pulled back, his teeth catching her lower lip as he did and giving it a tiny tug.

“Yes, I believe two people can” he whispered softly, his lips almost touching hers as he spoke “and I damn sure hope we try to make it work.” His voice was soft, intimate, heated, and his gaze never left hers.

His scent was intoxicating. His hand on her was intentional, but gentle. His lips on hers made the whole world freeze. They moved over hers with practiced ease, she all but melted in his arms. They seemed to awaken every pleasurable part of her in one go, a reaction that Kim had never had with any other man. Other kisses had been nice, sweet. This was a very different kiss. And she couldn't help but wonder if it was because he was driving it. Other kisses had been a mutual connection, but once again he'd taken without asking. And it gave her a feeling she wasn't used to. He'd reduced her to putty in his hands, and her body had accepted without question, and given freely. And she wanted more. Much more. As he broke the kiss the tiniest of moans escaped her lips, his teeth dragging out the uncontrollable response. She blushed gently at his gaze, which she seemed to be doing more often around him, but beamed when he responded. Cutting off his final word, she launched them into another kiss. It was the perfect way to end their date.

The next two weeks passed quickly and easily. Kim couldn't believe how much she and Carter had accomplished in such a short amount of time when it came to the business. It made her head spin. One day they were talking business plans, the next they were applying for licenses and permits. The hardest part though, was convincing the owner to sell. For some reason, her nephew's son had convinced her to give the business to him so that he could fill in the windows and turn it into a motorbike parts shop! But Carter wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. Kim was astounded at the way he was able to talk the old girl around one afternoon. His logical approach, no-nonsense attitude and suave charm soon had her signing.

The deed had been done, and now it was time to celebrate. Carter had suggested dinner at The Red Robin, the hottest ticket in town. Kim couldn't believe it. For any other person there was a three month wait, but Carter was able to secure their best table on their busiest night. It had taken her all week to decide on an appropriate outfit, eventually going out and buying a formal floral dress. She was sure that any of her other dresses would have sufficed, but the more time she spent with Carter, the more her tastes started to change. She'd chosen a strapless retro style that hugged her waist with the skirt flared out, ending at her knees. It made her feel glamorous, made her legs look longer, and the blue pattern really made her eyes pop. She'd even went and had her hair done just for the occasion. And staring back at her reflection that night, she couldn't quite believe the girl looking back at her was real.

As she applied the last of her makeup, she thought about how much her relationship with Carter had changed too. She seemed to spend most of her waking moments either thinking about him, texting him or working with him. It was a lovely little bubble they seemed to find themselves in, and she could tell he was enjoying it just as much as she was. That first kiss had lead to many others, including a very heated session in the back room after work one night. She was smitten. And she was loving it.

Gathering her clutch, she took a final look in the mirror, before stepping out of her apartment and making her way to the curb. The cool night air tousled her hair, and suggested that this would be a night she would never forget.

Carter stood in front of his full-length mirror, adjusting his metallic navy-blue tie for the hundredth time, his fingers fidgeting. The light in the closet sparkled off the tie, dazzling for a moment, and it made him smile. That night was an important one, the celebration of many things, most importantly the sale of the bookstore to Kim. Her dream was ready to be launched and he would be there to help her; after all, he’d invested in that dream and had just as much desire to see it succeed as she did. Of course, the night was also about celebrating them and he knew she knew that also. Since that heated kiss that day on the platform, they had spent many hours together for both professional and personal reasons and while they’d never made it passed kisses, Carter was ok with that. The Dom in him screamed for control, conquest, taking her but the man in him savored every moment and was in no hurry. When the time finally came to claim her body and soul, it would be that much more powerful of a moment because he’d waiting to do it.

Finally ready, he turned and exited the closet and his upper floor penthouse condo, taking the elevator down. After small talk with the lobby guards and the front door man, he settled into his car that had been brought to the curb and headed for the restaurant. It was one of the best in town and he’d arranged for one of their better tables, his name getting it for them easily. Reaching the valet lot, he turned his keys over to one of the young men who parked cars, telling him there’d be a big tip in it for him if he took good care of the convertible, and then he moved to the front of the restaurant.

He could have gone in and waited for her there but that wasn’t Carter’s style. She’d insisted on meeting him at the restaurant instead of letting him pick her up but he’d be damned if he was going to make her walk in by herself. Standing there, decked out in a suit and tie, he drew attention from passerby’s and at least two women but all he dismissed after only a tiny amount of small talk. When he saw the taxi coming up the street, he stood at attention and toyed with his tie a moment, a smile beginning to rise on his lips. The moment she stepped out, he took in her dress and hair and then stepped forward, closing the taxi door behind her. “Mmm, someone looks rather beautiful tonight” he whispered in her ear before placing a kiss behind it. Tucking his arm in hers, he motioned for the restaurant door. “Shall we?”

As Kim's taxi rolled up in front of the restaurant, her nerves seemed to go into overdrive. The dress she was wearing felt tight and her head felt heavy. But as soon as Carter came into view all her tension seemed to disappear. He looked so breathtakingly handsome that she almost forgot to pay the driver. Stepping out of the taxi, Kim could feel Carter's eyes on her, and her only. As he whispered in her ear and planted a kiss behind it, she blushed, and for the first time ever thought she could've swooned. Suppressing a girly giggle she squeezed his arm as he linked hers with his. "We shall."

Walking into the restaurant, Kim took a moment and surveyed the room. The Red Robin was everything she'd heard about. It was elegant, it was refined, and it was glamorous. And she suddenly felt very out of place. She whispered, "Oh my god," more to herself than anyone. As Carter spoke to the maitre de, to Kim, all eyes seemed to turn in their direction. She took a quick breath to steady herself, not exactly hearing their conversation, before she and Carter were being led through the dining room. Arriving at their table, she clinged onto Carter a moment longer. "Wait," she said, and leaned up and kissed him gently on the lips, instantly feeling better even if that wasn't her intention. "Thank you," she almost whispered, her hand gently resting on his chest. "For everything."

The night seemed to go by pretty fast after that, but Kim couldn't tell, mostly just letting herself get lost in Carter's eyes and the small touches that came during the course of the meal. She was mesmerised, by him, by the food, by the atmosphere, it was the perfect night. And as they finished up, a sinking feeling made itself known in her stomach. The night was about to end. She didn't want it to end. She wanted more time, more him, more....of him. The realisation hit, and for the first time, she wasn't nervous or anxious. She broke into a big smile. She was ready. As Carter, always the gentleman, helped her up from the table, she linked her free hand in his. "How about... we ah... keep the night going?" she asked gently.

That kiss still tingled on Carter’s lips when they sat down to eat. It had surprised him, her sudden display of public affection, but he loved it. The weeks leading up to that night had been wonderful, full of tons of kisses, but none had really been in public. It was almost as if Kim was staking her claim on him, right in front of all the dinner guests. That thought made him chuckle inside and was a definite twist from her usually submissive ways. He was human though, and the gesture warmed his heart, even though he’d simply smiled and said “you’re welcome” before taking his seat. Glancing around, he’d matched stares with a number of people there, many who knew him and his reputation, and almost dared them to say something. As expected, most had turned away.

Her words caught him by surprise and he kept the smile from his lips, turning to study her. His gaze swept over her face, seeing her smile, and he gently squeezed his hands. “I’d like that” he murmured, voice low. “I don’t know about you but that meal is sitting kind of heavy on my stomach. Let’s take a walk down by the river and then head back to my place for a night cap.” The words were said with confidence, leaving little room for argument. It was his way usually and he knew from experience she wouldn’t object. Their bill paid, he headed out of the restaurant, drawing her close with his grip on her hand. The minute they stepped outside, he stopped and took a breath of the fresh air, sighing happily. “I love the food at The Red Robin” he said, glancing at her, “but the atmosphere can be a bit stuffy. It’s nice to get some fresh air.”

“We’ll take my car” he added as he led them down the block, heading for the parking lot. Soon they were settled into the car and heading out into traffic. He smiled over at her, reaching out and placing his hand on her knee then running it lightly up her inner thigh a touch, pushing her skirt with it. It was a possessive touch, one that said mine, and he kept his hand there a moment before giving her thigh a squeeze and then bringing his hand back to the wheel. In no time at all, he was pulling into a parking lot by the river path and parking then hopping out and opening her door, giving her a hand out of the car. “It’s a beautiful night for a walk, don’t you think?”

Kim's entire face lit up as Carter agreed with her suggestion. She was just about to respond when he made a suggestion of his own. Well, not exactly a suggestion, but at this point Kim didn't mind that Carter had planned out the rest of the night without her say. She was too caught up in the moment to worry, and for the first time, she felt comfortable with someone else taking the reins. Carter had earned her trust, and if she were completely honest with herself she was enjoying being swept off her feet. As they walked out of the restaurant, Kim nearly melted on the spot with Carter's comment. To her it spoke volumes. She didn't deny that she'd had a great time, but she wasn't used to the high society scene. Lost for words, she leaned up and kissed his cheek, before he walked her to his car.

Having seen his beautiful, sleek convertible before, Kim was excited to actually take a spin in it. She squealed quietly to herself as the car started up, and she settled back into the softest leather seats she'd ever sat on. As they drove, Carter's hand made its home on her thigh. She sent him a mock look of indignation, but unlike their first meeting she didn't do anything to stop it. The same feelings arose in her again, but this time she pushed them back. She didn't exactly know why, but it felt good. Really good. Different too. Stepping out of the car with his help, she couldn't help but respond with a cheesy line. "Well, I think it's a...handsome night for a walk," she giggled slightly.

She loved the way the river looked at night. The moon was high and bright in the sky, it's light bouncing gently off the water, creating a soft and very romantic atmosphere. As they walked hand in hand along the pathway, with the water gently lapping nearby, Kim gently brought their entwined hands up to her gaze. Gently running her thumb over his skin, she playfully asked, "So, Carter, tell me something I don't know about you yet?"

“Handsome night, huh?” he asked, smiling as he gazed into her eyes. It was an interesting way to phrase the response but it was pure Kim and it made his heart beat just a little faster. “I suppose it is”. Taking her hand, he led them along the pathway, his gaze out at the water. She had been the first to show him how romantic the river could be, if a person just let themselves truly experience it with someone they cared about. The feel of Kim’s thumb on his hand was stirring desire in him but he let it simmer, wanting to enjoy the atmosphere of the night.

“Something about me that you don’t know yet….hmm….that’s a tall order as you know more about me than any other person aside from my parents.” He turned and flashed her a smile, giving her a squeeze at the same time. “Let’s see….you already know about my time in the military, or what I could tell you about it…and you already know about all my favorite things…” He wracked his brain, trying to think of something else. It bothered him that it didn’t come easily but then he wasn’t a man used to sharing at all normally. He knew it was important to Kim though, that he share more, so he thought hard. It was almost comical in a way, how hard it was to think of something….and then it hit him. It was time to truly open up.

Leading her down the path to her favorite spot on the river he stayed silent until they reached the platform, leaning against. Then he spoke. “When I was young, my home life wasn’t the best. Not the worst but not…good…either.” The memories tried to come back but he shut them down, quieting for a moment. “Left on my own a lot, I fell in with a bad crowd, running the streets day and night. We got into all kinds of trouble, starting with vandalism, then muggings, then car thefts. Then home invasions. One night, we broke into the house of an older couple, myself and two others, and threatened them with baseball bats. The old woman nearly had a heart attack and did go into shock. Her husband stood over her, this wiry elderly man, who was going to defend her to the death if necessary. Something inside me changed in that moment. For the first time, I realized there was more to life than crime. Our eyes met as my friends moved towards him, bats swinging menacingly, and the old man did something I’ll never forget. He looked me right in the eye and said that I had a good heart and that I could make a difference but only if I acted now.”

He was quiet again, caressing her hand softly. “I don’t know why I believed him – I had never met the man in my life – but I did. And without a second thought, I used my own bat to take out my two friends, knocking their legs out from under them and punching them until they were both knocked out. Then I just stared at the old man, not sure what to do next. He knew though. He clasped me on the shoulder, told me thank you, and then told me to get out so he could call the police. I didn’t hesitate, running away. Days later, I returned to check on them and met him again. Turned out he was an ex-Special Forces soldier. I think you know what an influence he had on me after that.”

As Kim listened to Carter's story, her heart broke for him. Nobody deserves a rough childhood, and the fact that it led him to do horrible things made her inwardly shudder. She couldn't help but softly gasp as he described taking both his friends out with a baseball bat, but she was proud to hear that he'd made the right choice in the end. One that turned his whole life around. "He's the reason you joined the military," she responded, more as a statement and less as a rhetorical question.

"He's right you know," she said, her free hand leaning up and gently cupping his cheek, turning his gaze to her. Looking deep into his eyes she smiled, "You do have a good heart." Leaning up she planted the softest, most tender filled kiss she could upon his lips. With her eyes closed, she gently manoeuvred until her arms were around him, her head on his chest. She wished in that one moment that she could hug away the pain from his past. Somehow soothe away a hurt that still caused him a lot of pain.

Looking out at the water, her heart was so full, and for the first time she felt truly happy. She was in a relationship with a man who cared for her, looked out for her, shared the truth with her and wanted to help make her dreams come true. She cared for him, cared about him, about his past, his future. She cared whether he ate that day, she cared about he was thinking. She cared- and then it her. She not only cared...she loved. She was falling in love. She looked up at him, wanted to tell him, but as her mouth opened her courage failed her.

"Your good heart...it's what makes you so amazing."

Carter held her in his arms and in that moment, all thoughts of the bad parts of his life fled his mind, replaced with warm thoughts of her. Kim was so different from him, so full of life and emotion, that she complimented him well. Carter had always put success over fun, from the minute he entered the military to the minute he began building his business empire. It was his way of paying back for all those years when he’d been a useless member of society, using his finances to help fund worthy causes.

“He was, indeed, the reason I joined the military. Once I’d made the decision to change my life, I befriended him and learned about all the good he’d done as a career soldier. With no other plans in life, I decided to follow his path and worked my ass off until I made the Special Forces. I’d planned on being a lifer too but near the end of my first tour, I received word that he’d passed away. I decided it was time to make my mark on the world and become the man he always thought I could be…so I did. Still am, truth be told. I don’t think I’ll ever be as good as he was but I’ll die trying.”

Turning them, he maneuvered Kim so she was pressed against the railing, pinned there by his body and arms. He studied her for a moment, a smile on his face. “I may have a good heart, Kimberly Rowins, but you have a bigger one. Your spirit and soul shines forth like a beacon, bringing happiness to every one you meet, including me.” He leaned forward, kissing her softly, letting his lips explore hers. “Come home with me, Kim. I’m ready for the next step” he murmured when he finally broke it, his teeth catching her lower lip and giving it a light tug.

As Carter spoke, she realised they were the words she was dying to hear. Normally she would deny him, and start blushing profusely, but tonight was different. She allowed those beautiful words that complimented her spirit, and the moment itself, to seep into her being. And she knew to tuck this moment away in her heart, for she knew she would always remember this moment.

Carter's kisses had become almost drug-like to Kim. She craved them when she wasn't with him, she needed them like she needed air to breathe when she was around him. The way his lips moved softly but assuredly, always made her feel desired, beautiful. She was on such a high that when he asked her to spend the night she almost didn't hear him. It took her a moment to comprehend what he was asking, but as her mind kicked back into gear, she leapt up, wrapped her arms around his neck, and through a barrage of kisses she whispered, "yes...I'd like that...yes!"

As her feet found their way back to the floor of the platform, her eyes couldn't leave his. She giggled slightly, and moving her arms back to his waist she murmured, "I'm glad you feel ready. I know I'm ready too."

Her reaction caught him by surprise and Carter barely managed to wrap his arms around her waist so he could hold her in place while she peppered him with kisses. Her lips were so soft, so earnest, as they pressed against his and his heart started to pound hard and fast. The decision in his mind that tonight was the night had been an easy one but he’d expected to have to convince her.

Instead, she seemed right on board with the idea, a fact that brought a smile to his face once his lips were finally free. He reached out and slowly caressed her cheek, then tucked her loose strands of hair behind her ear. The happiness in her gaze and all over her face was infectious and he couldn’t help laughing in return.

“Well then, maybe we should head back” he said as he grabbed her waist and twirled her around before taking her hand and leading her off, going back down the path towards his car. He began to whistle a little tune, one he’d picked up on the streets as a youth, and his steps were almost skips. Turning to look at her over his shoulder, he gave a wicked little wink and then pulled her closer, wrapping his arm around her waist.

Kim giggled as Carter whirled her around, her whole world slowing down, making her think she was floating. She was excited. She was giddy. But most importantly she was ready. Carter was the first man to treat her the way she deserved to be treated. He hadn't pounced on her on that first night they'd met, but had given her the time she'd needed to get to know him, to trust him. Even as he lead her back to the car, she knew she was safe with him. She had shared with him her hopes and dreams, and he hadn't ridiculed her for having them. He'd even started to make them come true. As his arm found its way to her waist again, she leaned against him, wrapping her own arm back around him. The night was young, but Kim truly believed in her own small way that this would be the greatest night of her life.

The car ride to Carter's would've only taken a few minutes, but to Kim seemed like a short eternity. She could hear her own heartbeat as the car sped through the streets. The air was thick with desire, and she could feel her increasing pulse thrum through her body. As the minutes ticked by, the tension she felt started to tinge with nervous energy. Would she be good enough? Or would he regret his decision and dump her because she wasn't nearly as experienced as he was? Would he like what he saw? Would-

All thought, both pro and con, seemed to shut down as Carter slowed the car to a stop in front of the tallest, ritziest apartment building Kim had ever seen. She gasped quietly at the sheer elegance that exhumed from the building, from the night guard standing post, to the fact that every surface seemed to sparkle and shine. "We-we're not...I-I mean you don't...this....? This is where you....Oh my...."

Back
Top Bottom