Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Professor Magnus' Classes Thread

1em8le.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name:Riku Taven
House/Year:1st year/Ravenclaw
Blood Type:Muggle Born
Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant.Hair from Centaur's tail Core
Broom:Don't have one
Attire:Ravenclaw Uniform
Travel:N/A
Tagging:Ashley, Professor Magnus

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Name:Ryan Thomas Sullivan
House/Year:3rd Year/Slytherin
Blood Type:Full
Wand:15 inches, ivy and dragon blood
Broom:N/A
Attire:Slytherin School Uniform
Tagging:Professor Magnus, Anyone

Riku smiled after the professor gave her a compliment and when Ryan sent the spell toward the Slytherin that had insulted her she felt a little better, it was good to know that others felt just as angry as she did when she heard the foul word thrown in her direction. She gave Ryan a nod to thank him as she got her things ready and stood up as she made her way out of the class she stopped at Ryan, "Thank you for that I appreciate it" ,she stated. She then looked to Ashley and held out her hand hoping the young woman would take it and hold hands while they walked down to the great hall.

Ryan nodded at Riku, "Not a problem at all Ms.Taven I think that word is foul and cruel some of my best friends are muggle born and I don't see any difference between them and my pure blood friends prejudice is a disgusting thing in my opinion and I won't stand for it especially when it's directed towards someone as nice as you" ,he stated. He gathered his things up and looked to Norah and gave her a friendly smile before heading out of the classroom.

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Lorelai Elizabeth Flannagan, Lori
House/Year: Ravenclaw/6th year
Blood Type: Muggle-born
Wand: Ash, 11.5in, Phoenix Feather, Bendy
Broom: Doesn't have one.
Attire: Ravenclaw uniform, school robes.
Travel: Not Applicable
Tagging: Anyone; Katy, Norah, Nicko, Ryan, Sam, Renee, Samson, Zoe, Riku, James

2iv01w8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Norah Ellen Walker
House/Year: Gryffindor/2nd year
Wand: Elm, 9 inches, Dragon Heartstring, Supple
Attire: Gryffindor uniform, school robes.
Tagging: Anyone; Katy, Lorelai, Ryan, Nicko, Sam, Renee, Samson, Zoe, Riku; sees Professor Magnus

Lorelai and Norah put their robes back on and packed up their things when class was over. They were impressed with how well everyone had done in the class and were glad that those who'd tried to disrupt things and make a scene were made examples of. As everyone began to mill out of the class room, they stood up and headed toward the door. Lori glanced quickly at James before leaving, giving him a tiny smile. Norah caught Ryan's look and nodded back at him. She was glad he wasn't upset any longer over what had happened during Flying class and she was proud of him for standing up for Riku.

(Both exit to the Great Hall; lunch time)

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: James Alexandre Magnus
Blood Type: Full
Wand: 13 incch Cherry with dragon heartstring core, appropriately yieldy and attached to the platinum hilt of a Musketeer's rapier
Broom: It was sent on ahead.
Attire: Nicely tailored
Travel: N/A
Tagging: Anyone

(A short time after Lunch and before Potions Class...)

James Magnus returned to his classroom, and commenced to get it ready for his potions class. He moved the things into place, being especially careful with the combustible, flammable, and what he called "semi-stable" items. He knew full well what being a Potions professor meant, but also that he had to teach the students fully and properly. He was not an absolute stickler for order, as life was not always ordered in every detail, but he also knew that he had to be ready for the class. The first class had going better than he expected, and that was something that was making him go through both his set up for his class as well as the checklist for everything so quickly. Lunch had been very good, and he was very eager for this class as he felt potions was a very important extension of others, particularly DADA and Herbology. He had witnessed first hand Potions that had been turned to perverse designs and as he went down the list of what he would cover that first day he was determined to show all the students precisely the right ways. He had a few not too drastic examples of the wrong, and he knew that done to effect the students imaginations would fill in the details on how the consequences would advance the larger the wrong ways were.

2iv01w8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; sees Professor Magnus

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Name: Emilia Jane Harrison (Em, Emmie)
House/Year: Hufflepuff/3rd Year
Wand: Holly, 9 in, Unicorn Hair, Springy
Attire: Hufflepuff uniform, school robes.

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Alice Katherine Snow, Alice
House/Year: Ravenclaw/4th year
Wand: Cherry, 10in, Unicorn Hair, Swishy

(Afternoon class, Potions.)

Norah, Emila and Alice all entered the classroom ready for Potions class. Alice smiled at Professor Magnus as she entered and quietly said, "Good afternoon, Professor. I hope your day has been going well." Norah and Emilia both nodded and said their 'good afternoons' as well. Emilia smiled at Alice, remembering her from Charms class earlier on and gave her a wave. Alice blushed a little and waved back and gestured that the red-head sit next to her. When all three girls were seated, they waited patiently for others to arrive so that class could start.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Wand: 13 incch Cherry with dragon heartstring core, appropriately yieldy and attached to the platinum hilt of a Musketeer's rapier

(Afternoon, Potions class)

James was pleased as Norah, Emila, and Alice all arrived for Potions. He nodded and smiled at them, as they were the first to arrive. He knew that they would all get there, as the first day he was a bit more flexible than he seemed. He knew his students would not miss out, as he already had more of the similar teaching he had given them in DADA ready for them in this class. He then looked up, smiling again as another trio of students came in, nodding to them as well.

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Samual Christopher Anderson (Sam, Chris, Andy)
House/Year: Gryffindor, Sixth year
Wand: 12 inches, Sycamore, Dragon heartstring, flexible, attached to the hilt of a Royal Navy cutlass.
Broom: Not yet
Attire: Gryffindor uniform
Travel: n/a

20svebm.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Renee Eve Arizona Marvolo LeStrange (Renee, Eve)
House/Year: First Year
Blood Type: half-blood
Wand: 10 inch Rowan, chimera mane hair, flexible with a riding crop for its handle
Broom: (in room)
Attire: Hogwarts Uni Gryffindor uniform

16lz21v.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Ashley Shannon Palin
House/Year: First, unsorted
Blood Type: Half-blood
Wand: Red Oak, 10 inches, Granian tail hair, supple and flexible
Broom: (if you have one on hand)
Attire: Hogwarts Ravenclaw uniform

(Afternoon, Potions Class)

Samuel, Renee, and Ashley had found each other in the Corridor heading to Potions, so they arrived together. Samuel smiled and nodded to Professor Magnus, then took a seat next to Alice after stealing a kiss from her while the Professor was looking at Renee and Ashely. The two girls found seats close together, Ashley leaving room on one side for someone else. All three acknowledged both Norah and Emilia as well, Renee and Ashely also doing the same to Alice. The Potions class was already looking to be very interesting, the setup on the table in front of the class most certainly showing that, as in DADA, there was going to be hands on from the first class.

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Tagging:Anyone

ne6m87.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Name: Nickolai Dominique, Nicko
House/Year:1st year/Slytherin
Blood Type:Pure Blood
Wand: Willow, 10 and a quarter inches, flexible.Veela Hair Core
Broom: Don't have one
Attire:Slytherin Uniform

1em8le.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant.Hair from Centaur's tail Core

Riku, Ryan, and Nicko all made their way into potions class together the three giving Professor Magnus' a kind smile as they walked in. Ryan looked to Emilia and Norah and gave them both a wave and a smile before he and Nicko took their seats next to each other, he also waved to Ashley and the others as well. Riku made her way over to the empty seat next to Ashley happy that she was able to sit next to the beautiful blonde. She gently placed her hand on Ashley's leg and gave her a smile, "Hey love I'm so glad that I get to sit next to you" ,Riku whispered letting Ashley know that she was very pleased with the seating arrangement. Riku looked to Renee and smiled giving the young woman a wave, she then waved to the rest of her friends. Riku was excited for this class she liked and respected the professor and potions was definitely a strong point for the muggle born.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Magnus nodded to the students as they came in, very pleased to see the three who came in practically together next.

"Riku... Ryan... Nicko.. pleased sit where you like. Class will not begin till everyone is here.. though I do hope all of you are as ready for this class as I saw you were for DADA."

Magnus was not handing out any shallow flattery, rather he was very pleased and impressed with all of the students that had been in DADA. Emilia had not been in there, but he didn't have to point that out and wasn't going to do anything that may embarrass her. He was very pleased at the turn out thus far, and he then stood and handed them each a small personal notebook that he had for for them. He would tell them what it was for when they were all assembled for class to begin, and he never gave out anything that wasn't going to play a part in the Potions class.

350szee.jpg
scb0j4.jpg

Name: Katy swift
House/Year:unsorted /first year
Blood Type:half
Wand:Chestnut, light brown , 6in, unicorn hair
Attire:the schools robes with a black tshirt with a white tiger on it with blue jeans and black and white sneakers
Tagging:no one
Katy walked into class and found herself a seat and looked up at profossor mangus and said "good afternoon nice to see you again". she then saw nicko Riku Ryan and waved to the three with a smile on her face. she noted she was sitting by Riku but she was okay with that she would see Nicko later maybe.

Yajirobe said:
canstock7377586.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name:Zoe Alexander (full name and nickname, if your character has one)
House/Year:unsorted/1st
Wand:Rosewood, 8 1/2 inch, uniform hair
Broom:None (if you have one on hand)
Attire:Generic uniform for Hogwarts
Tagging: anyone

Zoe slipped into class and found a seat by herself and found the book that she was going to need for the class that day. She slipped it up scanning the first couple of pages as she listened to the professor talk to a couple of other students. Her eyes scanning and taking in the information at the front of the book as fast as possible, while she would have the time. She remained quiet for the most part as she read to herself and focused her attention about 70-30 the subject at hand to what was going on around her at the moment.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging: Everyone in and coming into Potions Classs

Magnus nodded to both Katy and Zoe as they came into the class, handing each of them one of the notebooks. He smiled as the charmed cover of Katy's soon displayed a animated depiction of a white tiger on it. He let her get a look at it, explaining before he moved past her back to the front of the class.

"They are charmed for personalization. Besides, I love Big Cats.. particularly white tigers."

He always enjoyed having something in common with each of his students, and he nodded to Zoe, making it clear non-verbally that she was going to discuss that something important with her brother concerning the note. He then moved to get in front of the class, knowing that even with any tardiness the class must go on.

"Welcome to Potions class, and I know that each of you must be absolutely on pins and needles as to how we shall begin. For starters, I do hope you all have a mind to be open about yourselves. We are beginning by each of you explaining the two or three potions that you have come to enjoy concocting the most thus far in your wizarding educations. Let us start over here on this side... Zoe?"

canstock7377586.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name:Zoe Alexander (full name and nickname, if your character has one)
House/Year:unsorted/1st
Wand:Rosewood, 8 1/2 inch, uniform hair
Broom:None (if you have one on hand)
Attire:Generic uniform for Hogwarts
Tagging: anyone

As the class started, she wondered where her brother might be at that moment. She wasn't sure, though she had an idea of a few places he might be given his general character. Then again he could of changed a good deal since she last dealt with him. She refocused until she was asked about the potions she liked the best in her training. "Well now, um, I would have to go with the hair-raising potion, the star glass salve, and that is all I have really worked with up to this point," she replied.

350szee.jpg
scb0j4.jpg

Attire:the schools robes with a black tshirt with a white tiger on it with blue jeans and black and white sneakers
Katy stared at the note book with a smile she could not believe it was a white tiger one of her favortie big cats. she even brighten up when professor mangus told her it was one of his favortie big cats so they had something in common. she knew they would get along this making it easy for her to ask for help should she need it. she knew potions was all knew to her for she never worked with the stuff but she did like making her class mates float with her wand she never hurt anyone but it keep the students from picking on her.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

(Potions, Afternoon Class)

"Please don't be worried if you don't have any potions that have struck your fancies, as that sometimes it is harder than having favorite spells."

Magnus smiled, nodding to both Katy and Zoe as he waited for the next person to give their perspective on their favorites. He knew some would give more explanation, but he also knew most would be as concise and succinct as Zoe was. He also noticed that Zoe seemed to be looking for someone, and he figured that was her brother Samson. He had left the door open so that for the first day at least no one would fee bad getting there late. He then turned to the class, not wanting any of them to feel as if they are left out.

"Now, who is next to tell us about their favorites? This is going to be very helpful with our first lessons today, I promise all of you."

He nodded to Norah, who was the next student to go. He was determined not to have any of the students feel as if they didn't matter in his class, something that he knew may have happened at their previous schools through no real fault of the teachers but still did.

2iv01w8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Sam, Renee, Ashley, Ryan, Nicko, Riku, Zoe, Katy, Alice, Emilia; sees Professor Magnus

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Name: Emilia Jane Harrison (Em, Emmie)
House/Year: Hufflepuff/3rd Year
Wand: Holly, 9 in, Unicorn Hair, Springy
Attire: Hufflepuff uniform, school robes.
Tagging: Anyone; Sam, Renee, Ashley, Ryan, Nicko, Riku, Zoe, Katy, Alice, Norah; sees Professor Magnus

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Alice Katherine Snow, Alice
House/Year: Ravenclaw/4th year
Wand: Cherry, 10in, Unicorn Hair, Swishy
Tagging: Anyone; Sam, Renee, Ashley, Ryan, Nicko, Riku, Zoe, Katy, Norah, Emilia; sees Professor Magnus

(Afternoon class, Potions.)

Norah looked over at Professor Magnus and tilted her head. She wasn't sure she really had a favorite potion, but there was one that definitely had proven to be quite beneficial to her in the past especially right after her two days of what seemed like a hopeless end to her existence. It had helped her tremendously when it had become clear she was suffering from night terrors as a result of the trauma and as such, helped her gain the rest she needed to help recover to an extent. Given that, it always held a special place with her and was one she turned to whenever she found herself suddenly plagued with those haunting memories of Leo and with those memories starting to come to the forefront once again now that he'd been released from Gonescdelin... she feared she might have to turn to it once again. "Probably 'The Dreamless Sleep Potion', Professor," she said. "Not really a favorite, but I've found it to be quite useful at times."

Alice tilted her head a little and frowned. She felt for the blonde as she spoke and wondered what sort of past she might have for her to say that. It made her instantly think of Lori and the horrors she'd endured and she couldn't help but speculate that Norah had probably gone through something very similar. Biting down on her lip and noticing she was next, she then spoke up about her favorite potion. "I'd say my favorite is Burn-healing paste. I know it's not an actual potion. But you do still need to brew and concoct it accordingly. And, without it, I'd be in trouble," she said with a smile. "Being so fair, I burn easily and it's helped me tremendously there. It works wonderfully from sunburns all the way to third degree burns from actual fires."

Emilia found herself nodding and smiling as Alice spoke. Though the paste the brunette spoke of wasn't her favorite, she could relate to sunburns being a fair skinned red-head. However, her favorite potion had more to do with her love for what she wanted to do in life and that revolved around animals and plants. Smiling, her cheeks turning a slight shade of red which made her a bit worried that her freckles were standing out, she spoke up about her own favorite potion. "My favorite potion is the Regerminating Potion, Professor. I love animals and plants and oh, it's come in quite handy in herbology." She nodded and giggled softly, bringing her hand up to her mouth to quiet the sound of her giggle. "There were times when I thought certain plants weren't going to make it because of certain conditions they'd undergone. But a drop or two of that potion restored them to near perfect health. Though, I wouldn't use it except as a last resort. I believe the plants should be treated naturally first and foremost," she then added, still smiling.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

(Potions, Afternoon Class)

James Magnus listened first to Norah and nodded, thinking of his Lorelai as he could hear a bit of pain and angst in how she said it. He couldn't blame her for that, as he had had to use the potion for a while himself. He smiled to her, letting her know both with it and the words he spoke to her discreetly how well he understood her unspoken meaning.

"That is an extremely good and effective potion, Norah. I know from a number of times consulting at my lectures I have had to express my own need of it from time to time. It really does help those troubled with sleep, and must always be brewed properly, of course."

He made it where he was not spotlighting any of Norah's reasons for using it, rather giving a bit of general advice on a specific reason for Dreamless Sleep's use. He then watched and heard Alice's, smiling again to let her know that she was not going off topic, rather addressing another area that sometimes is not addressed do in part to Herbology not being offered on the curriculum this year. It was a slight oversight, but something that Magnus had told McAlistair he would help alleviate.

"Actually, Alice, pastes have to be brought together as carefully as potions do or they will not work as they should or at all. We will be dealing with several pastes, including that one, in our class. I am very glad you brought that up, as it is spot on topic."

Magnus wanted everyone in the class to know all they were giving their input on was important and was contributing to the class. He had a broad curriculum for the Potions class, and he was going to spend the year getting them well acquainted with many things that were not covered in Primary. He then listened to Emilia, very pleased that she was opening up and sharing as she was, and he smiled as she also gave her thoughts on her love of both animals and plants. He understood her view on the uses of Regerminating Potion, and nodded in agreement as well as pleasure in her participation.

"Absolutely, Emilia. Something else that we are going to be covering today is looking at the dangers of prolonged use of potions, and beginnings of the detrimental affects on natural processes that they can affect and how. Very good all three of you. Now, I think that you are next, Ryan."

16lz21v.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

House/Year: First, Ravenclaw

Ashley was glad that she was not next. Not because she was not prepared as she had two Potions that she had gotten use out of and she like to use when she needed to, but because of Riku. She knew the other Ravenclaw girl didn't know it, but she was just barely able not to blush with her hand on her leg. She was able to pay attention to the class, and she smiled at Ryan, encouraging him to be as bold as he had been already. She sensed perhaps that he needed the reassurance of the fact that he was never going to be seen as associating with the Disfunctionals in his House, and that was a good thing that she felt he always needed to know from others.

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

ne6m87.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Name: Nickolai Dominique, Nicko
House/Year:1st year/Slytherin
Blood Type:Pure Blood
Wand: Willow, 10 and a quarter inches, flexible.Veela Hair Core
Broom: Don't have one
Attire:Slytherin Uniform

1em8le.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

When it came turn for Ryan to let everyone know about what his favorite potions to brew were he thought for a moment he had quite a few he liked and it was slightly hard to decide on a favorite. "Well I am quite fond of the calming drought as I have had to administer it to people before and it really does work, as long as the situation isn't too bad of course, there is also the dreamless sleep potion I myself have found that particular brew to be rather helpful to me while I went through a spell of very violent nightmares about a year ago, and last but not least the wiggenweld potion it can awaken someone who has drank the draught of living death or that has been placed into a magically induced sleep" ,Ryan stated. He then looked to the professor to see if he had given a good answer.

Riku smiled and listened as Ryan spoke he was a very intelligent young man and she could tell he took pride in his studies. When it became her turn to speak up she smiled brightly, "Well the first potion on my list has to be the Vitamix potion it has helped me get through those long night's of studying while in primary and another is the wit sharpening potion as it is always good to be able to think more clearly while doing homework or classwork, any kind of work really" ,Riku stated. She was quite proud with her response and hoped everyone else was as well.

When it came to be Nicko's turn he thought a little bit before answering he wasn't too familiar with that many potions but he would give the best answer he could, "I only have one that comes to mind sir if that is alright, the wideye potion it is also an antidote for the draught of living death but my main use for it was to awaken me after being knocked out on the pitch during quidditch matches" ,Nicko stated honestly.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"Very good indeed, Ryan. Again, class, more example of the reality that one always needs to use potions of all types with caution and good judgement. There are medicinal uses for several potions that are not specifically geared for that, but the key always, and you should keep this in your notes, is sound judgement on use. We would never know, to take an example from Ryan's list, that the Wiggenweld could counteract both the Draught of Living Death AND magically induced or modified sleep if someone like Ryan hadn't thought to used it in the proper dose for the two latter."

He was praising Ryan, but also using him as a part of the lesson. It was wizards and witches with the mindsets of those students in his class at that moment that did open those doors, and he was using the class participation to show them that, with no real pressure, they were those same wizards and witches tomorrow who could be the ones finding those things out.

Riku also impressed him, and as she spoke her tone made it clear again that it was with restraint she used the two potions listed. Magnus nodded, pointing out something the young woman didn't say which he could tell, though perhaps she didn't at that moment, was also an advisory.

"Yes, Riku.. both are very useful for those indeed. I also wish to point out, again, how care in use is evident, even when you discuss in class. Riku here made it clear, with how she expressed herself, that neither Vitamiz is a replacement for sustenance nor is the wit sharpening potion a replacement for improving skill. Exellent, Riku."

While Nicko only had one, Magnus did see his reasons were very simple and of value. This he expressed both to him and the entire class as he moved things along.

"That is perfectly fine, Nicko. Again, to continue on point, Wideye is for precisely countering things such as the two you list. Impressive indeed. Please understand, all of you, that though you are all obviously learning exactly what you will continue to do so in my class, in every way it cannot be stressed enough. When we move onto the brewing, you will see exactly what I mean."

There were a few other students, surprisingly none form the group of horrid Slytherins that are being so revoltingly backward in their thinking. He knew that they perhaps were avoiding his class, something that later they would regret. Each of them listed a number of potions, mostly that had already been listed by other students. So far, each had similar understandable reasons for their use of them and he acknowledged their care and/or creativity as with the rest.

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Samual Christopher Anderson (Sam, Chris, Andy)
House/Year: Gryffindor, Sixth year
Wand: 12 inches, Sycamore, Dragon heartstring, flexible, attached to the hilt of a Royal Navy cutlass.
Broom: Not yet
Attire: Gryffindor uniform

20svebm.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Renee Eve Arizona Marvolo LeStrange (Renee, Eve)
House/Year: First Year
Blood Type: half-blood
Wand: 10 inch Rowan, chimera mane hair, flexible with a riding crop for its handle
Broom: (in room)
Attire: Hogwarts Uni Gryffindor uniform

16lz21v.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

House/Year: First, unsorted

Renee ended up being first from the three of them, with Katy close in seating to them. She smiled as she offered the potions that she had used frequently with as much skill as everyone else had theirs.

"Well, I have to admit that, a few times, Polyjuice has come in handy in situations where I didn't want to be hassled because of how I look and who I am. Comes with the territory, which bites. The Elixir to Induce Euphoria has also come to some use, especially with people who are having been slipped a bit of Malevolent Mixture.. and once at a Near riot at a Quidditch game I was at Down Undah. And finally, of course Wound Cleaning Potion.. for some pretty standard reasons to a point."

Renee blushed, not because Magnus then told her his thoughts, but because she slipped just a bit into the Aussie accent she had a tendency to slip into from time to time.

"Very good, Renee.. though still keep in mind that had you not used the care you obviously did at that game, it could have gotten out of hand.

Renee nodded, taking the mild admonishment in the spirit it was intended. As she sat down, Ashley stood and spoke of the ones she had had experience with.

"Well.. though I haven't had to use them often, the ones I got the most use out of are the Scintillation Solution, which like how Riku used Wit Sharpening, helped me stay focused at times I really needed it. Also a touch of Muffling Draught.. because it helped me eventually cure my snoring." Ashley blushed at that, but Magnus' good natured laugh helped her relax. "And.. a couple of times... Purple Fire Potion."

Ashley didn't allude to the last, which Magnus respected for the moment.

"Very good, Ashley, but I hope someday you will be comfortable enough to speak about that last one more openly in class."

After nodding and sitting down, Ashly then looked to Samuel who was ready as he listed his.

"The potions that I have seemed to have had to use a little bit more than needed are Mandrake Restorative Draught.. but primarily when Polyjuice was misused and it was not wearing off, Invisibility Potion.. as my cousins seem to still not want to play Hide and Seek far... and, with extremely exceptional care, Herbicide Potion. There was, until recently, an obscenely large structure of Poison Ivy on one side of our house... and someone gave it too much of something and it went wild."

Sam added the last part, as he wanted the plant lovers in the class to know he had used it as a last resort. Magnus could understand that, and he use that for his third point.

"Sam, very good. That brings up another point, as to the reality that safe and sane use of potions would not need the use of others. I am not saying not to help those who have had mistakes or accidents.. but to many blunders shows carelessness in potion making and usage. Never forget that as wizards and witches, it has to become and almost ingrained second nature. Now.. Katy, I think you are the last one."

350szee.jpg
scb0j4.jpg

Katy stood up and took a look around the room and when she saw nicko she smiled knowing somehow what ever she said he would not judge her.she looked at professor Magus and said "sorry i have no favorite potions for i never really mixed anything and at my last school we was taught nothing about magic but i learned very quick i could do magic and there was this one spell i loved the most it could make the kids float but i always made sure they landed safely and it was because of this spell bullies feared me and the ones picked on kinda hung around me ". she blushed wondering if the professor was going to lecture her on floating her fellow students.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Magnus laughed softly, letting Katy know that she was not going to get too much from him in the way of criticism on the floating spell. He smiled, looking over the class after speaking to Katy.

"Floating is a good spell skill, and you may need to use your mastery of it in this class at times as holding some bubbling things is not a good idea. It is alright, Katy, my dear. Don't worry about the potions, as there are witches and wizards who don't get much or any experience with them till it is needed. It will be needed in my class, but you will be shown how to brew and use them well. I want you all to understand something about one point outside of the class material that you need to understand here. Bullying will not be tolerated here and Hogwarts Secondary. As a Uni, it is not going to be allowed. We are about an educational environment free from discrimination on all levels."

James Magnus at that moment must have sounded like an advertisement for the Uni or like he was giving a speech, but he truly did believe in the ideals of the school. He was smiling as he spoke, letting every one of the students know he meant it about them and for them no matter what. He then returned to the textbook he hand, his tone now a bit more into Professor mode. He then started to go back over the three points that he had pointed out over the course of them sharing: The care of brewing potions, the out of the box thinking when using and developing potions, and the dangers of misuse and overuse of potions. He covered most Chapter One, the points that they really needed to know, as well as a bit of things from the next two chapters. He didn't really lecture, rather he brought up points that every student made from the list and examples they gave, to make his points. Even though none of them had misused or over used any, he used their own good judgement to help reenforce the reality that they were right in not doing so.

"Now, class, with your sharing and with my droning, we have covered the three primary ideas about Potions that are covered here in the beginning of Chapter one. Now, as you can see, we are going to continue in this spirit. Each of you are going to, as part of your home work, investigate a bit of history on two of the Potions you listed. I don't expect a huge paper, rather a concise bit on one potions discovery, if it can be found, or if not you thoughts on why it was possibly invented. The second, just as concise, is on the other and the first time it was misused. As I said, I am not expecting a lot of length, as quantity is not the same as quality. Katy, I will give you two potions to do for yours, so don't worry at all. The second third of your homework is I would like you each to come up with a basic idea of a potion that has not been invented yet. Again, quality over quantity on that. The final third, of course, is to read chapters one through three, and tomorrow we will cover all of the major and minor points that the author's superfluous words tend to distract us from. If anyone has any questions, you may speak to me after class... but as far as the main thing...."

Magnus was joking on that, but he really did think that some people wasted words at times. He then moved to the set up, and used his wand wordlessly to start the set up moving. The mixing of things went around, ingredients coming together and all. Eventually, the five small vials of potion rose up above the table in mere minutes, only to shatter harmlessly and spell out in bright colors:

Class Dismissed!!

Magnus then nodded and gestured to Katy that she could come up for the two that were hers for part of her homework.

(Class Dismissed...)

350szee.jpg
scb0j4.jpg

Tagging:professor magus
Katy got her things together as she made her way over to the professor. she smiled up at him and said "you wanted to see me about giving me two potions to do my homework on"? she knew she was going to have to do work but that did not bother her she was excited for this teacher knew how to draw out her interest.

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"Yes, Katy. I want you to know not to be worried at all about anything you may or may not have had a chance to experience yet. Please know that as far as this class goes you will not have any expectations higher than those you set for yourself. As for the Potions, I believe that Baruffio's Brain Elixir and Calming Draught are the two for you. I will let you decide which to do the invention and which to do the cautionary, as I know either will be good from you."

Magnus smiled, very pleased that she was as relaxed as she was. He was going to be getting ready for his surprise later for Lorelai, but he was not going to rush her if she had anything else to ask him.

"I just hope that you, along with everyone else in the class, gets the most out of all I have to say."

Back
Top Bottom