Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Criminal Intent

"For about a week." Megan smiled. "Apparently he hated her with a passion." She shrugged a little. "He scared her.... I'm not sure why." Her eyes met his then she looked away, speaking softly, almost shyly now. "He's probably at home right now." She didn't like the fact she was likely endangering him... and herself. She knew she had to say it all the same.

It frightened Morgan, that Megan was close to someone who was potentially dangerous. â??D-Do you have enough to arrest him? ,â? He asked, â??Are you sure he isn't dangerous?â? He didn't want Megan to get hurt - after how nice she was to him, he was starting to feel connected to her in a way, and she was pretty much all he had.

"No, we don't yet." Megan sighed, trying not to show how much it scared her. She had a feeling he knew anyway. His next question haunted her a little before she spoke. "No, I'm not sure." She paused and looked down at her coffee, taking another drink of it.

Morgan felt a sort of pain in his stomach, like the one he felt when he'd see pictures of Katherine kissing some guy. It worried him, that Megan was close to someone who was potentially dangerous. "Is there anything I can do to help? ," He asked, "I mean - I don't want you to get hurt, or anything."

"I'll be fine." Megan soothed. "I do own a gun you know." She was only slightly joking, she really would shoot him if she had to.

â??Okay,â? He said, â??Just - remember to stay safe, alright?â? He dug into his pocket, and found a pen. Taking it out, he said, â??I could give you my phone number - you can call me if you need help with anything."

Morgan didn't have anything with him, that he could write his number on, so he grabbed a napkin, and wrote down his cellphone number. He handed it to her, and said, â??Don't hesitate to call me.â? He smiled at her, faintly, and then picked up his iced coffee, taking a long sip from it.

She had smiled, tucking the napkin into her pocket and smiling over at him a little. "That's very kind of you." She meant it. He was very kind indeed. Almost a little too kind.

He looked down at his iced coffee, then half-empty. The color, a kind of light brown, was a lot like Katherine's skin tone - it was mundane, but it reminded him of her. Ever since her death, things that normally didn't make him think about her, did. He looked up at Megan, and said, â??I'm willing to do whatever I can to help with the case - is there anything I can do? What exactly do you need, before you can arrest him?â? Morgan assumed that there wasn't enough evidence - he was more than willing to do what he could, in order to find some.

She had noticed him looking down and reached to gently squeeze his hand. "Are you alright?" As he spoke again she listened carefully to him. "Right now you need to stay away, let me work on him." She had his trust, his and Morgan's and she wasn't willing to risk Morgan's life. Even in place of her own.

He looked as she touched the hand he had rested on the table. It felt strangely intimate for Morgan, who had never had anyone to hold his hand. â??I just - thought of Katherine,â? He said, glancing back up at her with a faint smile. He nodded in acknowledgment of what she said. â??Just keep me updated on the case, as you get new information.â? His voice was low then, heavy with despair. The hand on his made him feel unnerved, but he hesitated to move his hand, thinking it might make her feel bad. He didn't know for sure, but he thought there was a slight possibility that maybe she actually liked him.

Back
Top Bottom