Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

OOC--Monks and Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to avoid confusion on the part of people participating, the old posts from the character profile were moved to this thread in order to keep that one from being cluttered and serving its purpose. Thank you for taking the steps to create the OOC thread in the first place, but please keep all OOC in this thread from now on.

Thank you, and please, continue to enjoy your time here. :D

Kadavro, we've been talking and we're thinking we should let you play- on a few conitions
1)Adjust your age and ditch the flying. We want to keep this a low magic setting, with the characters mostly relying on martial arts.
2)Just don't grief IC. We're trying to keep the characters on the same team for the most part.

Shadeslayer said:
Kadavro, we've been talking and we're thinking we should let you play- on a few conitions
1)Adjust your age and ditch the flying. We want to keep this a low magic setting, with the characters mostly relying on martial arts.
2)Just don't grief IC. We're trying to keep the characters on the same team for the most part.
Not an issue. Do you mind if my character pole vaults witha crozier?

Alright. Might I ask if this monastic order is economically self sufficient? Does it rely on pilgrims for income or certain foods? Is the sake created using rice farmed with terraces on the mountain sides? And where does all the booze come from? I doubt brandy or mead, as only one beehive seems insufficient for the pollination or an entire mountain area. Come to think of it, can my character just deal with the paperwork?

John q. Monk said:
Added it to my first post but just so people might notice it here it is again

Forgot to mention Father Seamus is Dead and a Ghost. sometimes he is in-phase some times he is not, He is also unaware of this. If the ghost part does not fit I will drop it just let me know. I just though playing a ghost priest coming to terms with his condition would be different/fun. And I think I just accidentally deleted my Char Bio

Take two

Father Seamus
Age 86 height 6' 1''
Slavers killed his love he killed slavers he returns to the temple after a 50 year journey is a ghost
(WIll spruce backup again latter)

Is the half century journey added to his age or is that the age he was when he died? Also, did he half a lover before or after he took his vows?

Kadavro said:
Alright. Might I ask if this monastic order is economically self sufficient? Does it rely on pilgrims for income or certain foods? Is the sake created using rice farmed with terraces on the mountain sides? And where does all the booze come from? I doubt brandy or mead, as only one beehive seems insufficient for the pollination or an entire mountain area. Come to think of it, can my character just deal with the paperwork?

Yes. We have a statue that literally shits vegetables. Yes. Zato makes it. There's plenty of mead, and more than one beehive. Go ahead, we'll be busy with duck poison and kung-fu battles.

I'm going to post some ideas for the artifacts in the temple. Let me know how you like them.

A statue of what appears to be the front halves of a cat and dog put together. Kissing a snout gives you the functional ears and tail of the respective creature. The effects wear off after about six hours. Because of the benign and temporary nature of its effects, it is displayed openly in a hallway, though only the temple inhabitants have investigated it enough to know the effects.

A bronze pig statue- By whispering the name of a vegetable into its ear and cranking the tail, it shall defecate the desired produce in vast quantities.

The drill fist- (Arngeirr's family relic, if that's cool with him)

A metal gauntlet with a seven inch drill attached. Punching while wearing it causes the drill to get bigger, and the harder you punch, the bigger it gets. So a well muscled (gentle)man can leap forward and punch you with a drill the size of a car.

I have had the family relic and the whole story for it planned for a long time, but thank you for the fine suggestion dear brother! I am certain we can find a use for the drill fist!

How about a book that changes its title to that of a specific subject that one who passes by might find interesting, then aligns itself to the knowledge of said passerby about said subject and then twists facts to much that the reader in the end has no idea what he actually knows?

Back to normal gents, and I do believe we need a proper golem to be resting in the reliquary. Perhaps a large statue of a HUGE man, about the same stature as mighty Arngeirr, who is huge. When the proper word of power is written on a sheet of papyrus and inserted into its mouth, the Golem comes to life and will slavishly obey the one who activated it.

Oh yes, on the topic of artifacts, here's some references to get a general idea of the sorts of things the temple has in its Reliquary.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/18407919/

Just a quick note: the above post was moved here because the other one managed to end up in the profile thread. It happens, so yeah. When I move posts, though, the link to the thread breaks because I'm really splitting and merging threads to do it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

To avoid issues with linking, please subscribe to this thread--it should give you a constant, valid link. If you have any more problems, please let me know via pm. Thank you. :D

Candira said:
Just a quick note: the above post was moved here because the other one managed to end up in the profile thread. It happens, so yeah. When I move posts, though, the link to the thread breaks because I'm really splitting and merging threads to do it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

To avoid issues with linking, please subscribe to this thread--it should give you a constant, valid link. If you have any more problems, please let me know via pm. Thank you. :D

Thank you for the clarification and moving the post(s), it's a lot neater now.

I believe we should classify objects in one of two ways:

Safe: Safe for human interaction and use when proper procedures are taken, low chance of containment breach and little to no chance of horrible horrible death. Access is available to monks, but not the general public or travelers.

Dangerous: Unsafe for human interaction. Period. High chance of containment breach and high chance of horrible horrible death. Only the most senior monks should have access to these objects, and it would be a better idea entirely if no one had access to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom