Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

M.E; Un-cataloged Events. --- Missedstations&Relix

Relix

Supernova
Cerberus Lab Station #2141
Log Name: Ryan Swagger
Password: *********

Confirmation ..... Successful!

A small sigh pass through the lips of the male, to see how many more harassment mails he had accumulated over the past three weeks. Ryan had a few random ... users mailing him constantly over the damage he had done to their homes, their jobs, their families back on Illium. Human, Turian, Asari. Mainly they were Human and Turian males harassing him, threatening his life. Which, the male did not blame them for doing so. It was indeed his fault, wouldn't have happened if Ryan and one of his troop mates followed the order of their Commanding Officer, Sergeant William Stevens. Ryan and this said troop mate were ordered to not follow leads about Blue Suns potentially importing and exporting illegal goods from Illium. Of course, in Ryan's brashness, he urged one of his troop mates to go with him. That it'd be an easy job for them to do together, earning them a rank or two up. Getting out of their runt of the litter platoon, out from under Sgt. Stevens. The only thing it got the male was a dishonorable discharge, a few counts of murder, vandalism, and a bill of one billion credits to repair all the damage he had caused to a Illium city. Most of all, the life of his troop mate that trusted him in his decision.

Ryan lost everything, pretty much. Mother and father were in the Alliance Military long before they wed then conceived a child who'd follow in their footsteps. It was a few months after the boy's incident that they found out, a leaked source mailed it to them. That was a fun and happy conversation the male had between them ... only better when he told them that he was now holding a job with Ceberus. All his charges were dropped, the amount he would've needed to pay gone. Without a trace, as if every little detailed page of information was just gone from the system. That was when the male had gotten word from Cerberus that they were interested in him working for them. Military work to Military work, right? Well, his parents didn't see it that way. They labeled him a terrorist and swore him off as their heir to the head of their name.

Titling his head to the left, attempting to crack the bone in his neck. A groan passing as he failed to achieve even the smallest cracking sound. His eyes jolted back and forth, up and down the screen as he waited for the inbox to fill. Ryan assumed there'd be hundreds of messages in there. A sigh of relief passing as he noticed there were only a handful. "Lets see what we got on tap for today ..."

I'm coming for you, Swagger. User: I.V Sent: Ten days ago.
You will pay! User: .... Sent: Nine days ago.
STOP HIDING SWAGGER! User: I.V Sent: Two days ago.
C.O. SGT STEVENS Name: [UNKNOWN] Sent: Twenty-two minutes ago.

"What's this ...?" The male asked, his eyes squinting slightly. "C.O Sergeant Stevens? From Unknown? What?" He murmured in question to himself lightly, leaning forward slightly. Clicking twice on the subject, the male watched as a small report quickly filled up the screen. "Senior Commanding Officer Sergeant Stevens was found dead ..." Voice trailing off as he read the article to himself. "This happened two weeks ago and I'm just now getting this ... who sent this!?" The male exclaimed to himself, pounding his hands against the desk. His voice wouldn't travel then outside of his room, the station wasn't that occupied by much anyways. A few guards who did shifts for patrols, doctors, mechs, androids and their patients ... test subjects. "This is obviously a sick, demented joke. Sergeant Stevens isn't dead ... nor was he assassinated. It just can't be." Ryan spoke to himself, scrolling through the mail.

"Cerberus Operative Ryan Swagger." The male spoke, reading off another small part of the mail, "This link here will guide you to the already paid for purchase to Feros, your first spot to figuring out all that happened. Once clicked, you'll have two hours to get to the Lab Station #2141 docking bay. A unmanned ship will arrive and leave twenty minutes in the next two hours. Get on, or you'll regret it..." Cocking his brown eye brow, the male clicked on the link provided. Watching his screen go black, "Hey! What the!" He exclaimed, hitting his hand against the side of the screen. The picture flickered back in. "Damnit! The mail is gone!"

Two hours later...

A sigh passed through the lips, the male leaned against the wall that lead out of the docking bay. Dressed in a casual black Cerberus uniform. His brown bangs slowly falling in front of his face, the blue-green eyes hiding underneath his eyelids. The male had his bag resting against his leg. Only had a few pieces of food, another uniform, a pistol and credits in there. Nothing was ever free ... he was wrapped up in Cerberus until he spent enough time paying off a billion credits. Though, it wasn't like he minded. Sure, he hated the fact before ... but, now, he's grown into the job. Helping humanity get more then a foot in the door to the galaxy.

"Beep. Beep. Beep."

"Ah ha, so, the mail wasn't just part of my imagination."
That was a good sign, or so he hoped. This seemed awfully ... suspicious. Ryan had a small feeling that someone was setting him up to look like the murdered of Sgt. Stevens. Picking up his bag, the male quickly stepped toward the ship.

"Off to Feros."

Lieutenant Isabel Jones requested personal leave after attending the funeral of C.O Sergeant Stevens, and received it, to her surprise. She did also get a little note telling her not to investigate... Fucking military asspants bastards. She could bet it was Cerberus. They had killed off military personnel before, and managed to pay people off to kill the investigation.

Almost her entire life had been in the military: she joined up as soon as she could, leaving behind a boring colony life which would probably have been spent farming. As a biotic, she had been appreciated in the army. A decent salary, an interesting life, maybe sometimes she got shot at, but most of the time she had something to shoot back with. Maybe she never had a permanent home, she spent it going from military ship to ship, but a military pension was a good one, and she was saving up for a little place of her own. Maybe on the Citadel, taking a job in C-Sec or something when she retired from the army.

But it was worth it, she though, to break open her savings account and get a fare to Feros. She might have joined the Alliance to get out of a poor life, but she did firmly believe in justice and equality, in that all strange deaths should be explained. Being a tourist was hard, though. Officially, she was there to broaden her mind and see some Prothean ruins. Y'know. Just out of curiosity. But stuck in the port, she epically failed at it. She managed to dress like a civilian, but there was still a concealed firearm somewhere and her red hair was in a tight bun. She looked rather more like a mercenary than a soldier, but it worked. Roughly.

She managed to spend a while in a coffee shop, staring at the storm outside. She was told it was unsafe to leave, and her leads were not in this location. The waiting was making her stir crazy. Then some idiot human tried to join her, telling she had such lovely pale skin and such wonderful bone structure... That her hairstyle offset it so beautifully... She almost punched him in the face.

Instead, Isabel ran off to a gunshop, dragging her suitcase with her. It didn't really encourage her potential paramour to follow her. He was left sulking with her half-finished drink, while she was talking to the turian stall-holder.

â??Oh, I just love the new model. Feels so soft in the hand, hardly any recoil...â?

â??I am actually quite fond of Rosenkov Material's Karpov pistols...â?

â??Never tried them myself, but I'd like to!â?

â??Can give you a test run...â?

Riffling through his pack haste-fully, Ryan examined all his contains. Making sure he didn't leave any food that he grabbed back at his apartment on the lab station. The flight time all in all would be maybe three hours, about an hour to the Mass Relay from the Lab Station then two hours from the Mass Relay in the Theseus System to Feros. The thought of what he'd find there was .. a bit troubling, yet, a strange need to know. His C.O was one person out of the whole ordeal that he went through to stick up for him even though he disobeyed a direct order from him.

"Eh, you will be chasing a ghost, Ryan. All it is, is a big joke to someone from Cerberus ... probably Jenny. She's always the one for joking, especially when it came to men."
Ryan muttered to himself, closing his eyes as he removed his Armax Arsenal Brawler pistol from his pack. Cerberus got their own assortment of equipment since they had their own cell group that focused on making weapons available to humans the most advanced there was. Ryan had to decline their availability to his pistol, his Brawler pistol was with him through thick and thin on Illum. Can't just toss it aside because Cerberus might have a better one. Letting out a small sigh, he should have brought a rifle ... assault or sniper. Might be a bit more ... complicated then it seemed, might need the range that he can shoot from with a sniper or the combat firing ability of a assault.

"Beep. Beep. Landing at Docking Bay # two in Feros in - calculating .... "

Ryan listened to the synchronized voice go silent, "Piece of shit machine ... hurry up and tell me. Shouldn't be too much longer." The male muttered to himself, feeling his stomach rumble. Regretting the decision to not eat something before he left ... he had ate everything that he brought in the first hour and a half. Had been craving something warm for the past hour now.

" ... landing in Feros in fifteen minutes. WARNING! Storm system hovering over the Feros Colony ... Chances of successful landing are 98.5% possible. "

Ryan let out a small laugh, "My luck, that one and a half percent will be all the shit needs to fuck up the landing and crash into the landing pad, killing me instantly."

Oh, was that entrance to Feros atmosphere rough. Ship shook like it would've fell apart instantly after it landed, poor small shuttle. Not made to make the long hall like this trip.

"Landing .. successful."
The synchronized voice spoke as the ship came to a shaky landing.

"Oh yeah ... perfect landing there." Ryan muttered sarcastically. Stepping out of the ship with a great sigh of relief, the rain was coming down with force. Sprinting across the platform, Ryan jumped down the stairs running to the nearest building.

Watching the door slid open, Ryan quickly stepped in to get cover from the rain. Shaking his head softly, the male let out another sigh. "Phew ... out of that storm." The male muttered to himself, placing his bag over his shoulder. Turning around to see where he walked into. Ah, a Turian shopkeeper and a female .. merc? Hm. Might have walked in on a business deal.

Isabel might have not been allowed to bring Alliance arms with her on holiday, but she had some private property packed neatly into her luggage. As well as armour. It had set her back a fair bit, but it was worth it. She was glad to be equipped if she was choosing her own mission.

“Nah,” she finally told the turian. “Better not tempt me too much!”

Oh so regretfully she turned away from the turian and from the shiny weapons, before they could strike up a conversation about military weapons and about who had worse old battles. Veterans always ended up talking about the same things, unless there was someone to shoot. Hell, sometimes even then.

She turned away and walked straight into an old comrade.

“You! Swagger!” she said with deep shock. “What the fuck are you doing here?”

Ryan's service record did not impress his old squadmates, nor did his subsequent decision to join Cerberus. (Only rumoured, mind, but rumours about such things were probably true.) That and it was a bit like seeing a dead man again. Funny thing, it felt like everyone who left the Alliance was dead and gone.

Ryan cocked his brow, she knew him from somewhere .. but it wasn't hard to know him. He did make headlines for months. So, in a sense, it really wasn't hard to know Ryan without knowing Ryan. His face was plastered every where. Ridiculed constantly by the media, mainly human and Turian. He was considered a murderous fiend who had no heart to destroy a building that housed well over a thousand living beings. So, the male didn't put it past them to know his name, what he looked like. Wasn't any better when a few officials found out he was working for Cerberus, either.

Ryan squinted a bit, trying to see who exactly was talking to him. "Is that you, Isabel?" The male questioned to himself lightly, a small chuckle passing his lips. The biotic from C.O Sgt. Steven's troop. She was a pretty little thing .. especially when she was out in battle.

"Well, if you are here .. then the rumor must be real. C.O Stevens is really dead?" The male asked, "I thought someone sent me mail joking about his death .. guess it wasn't a joke after all." Ryan muttered lightly. Scratching the side of his face lightly. Personally, it wasn't the best option to speak about the topic in the open, it would only lead to ears who'd want to find the person, or thing, he was here for - themselves. They'd receive it with a few costly lives and ask for a reward.

"Would you be up for speaking about this in a more private location?" Ryan spoke, his glance turning to the Turian. "Against protocol to speak about it in the open."

She was tempted to hit him with a singularity to help remind him a little. Isabel had been rather famous in the troop for using biotics to solve quick fights instead of fists... If she had a choice between slapping someone over the head and going for a warp, she'd always choose the latter. She liked using her powers.

“Oh, yeah, I wonder why you didn't get an invite to the funeral...” she mused sarcastically. Well, if he was looking this puzzled, surely it couldn't have been him who did it. Hm. “I think a few people thought it was inappropriate. Wonder why.”

A sigh. Whatever. Once she would have trusted this man with her back... Why not try it again for a couple of hours? Then again, there was how it ended up for that kid. Damn! She couldn't remember the name anymore... Funny how those things happened. Once she'd have thought it'd be etched in her mind forever, but she'd seen plenty of comrades die.

“I booked a room in one of the settlements, but I can't get out of the goddamn port. They're saying the storms making it too dangerous to fly. You got any suggestions?” Talking couldn't possibly hurt. As it was, her leads were short enough, maybe pooling knowledge would lead to a better outcome.

ExoGeni Corp. Man, how all that seemed so familiar somehow.
Ryan shook his head lightly, quickly following it with another nod toward the door. They needed to stand somewhere were no wandering ears can hear them. Just outside the building was good enough, just so happened to have an awning.

Stepping outside the Weapons shop, the male waited for the girl to follow before leaning back against the side. The rain was coming down fairly rough, thankfully, at an angle that it didn't go under the awning and hit the two. "I got a lead - you probably do as well - that points to something in the abandoned ExoGeni building." Ryan spoke as he crossed his arms across his chest. "Given that it is probably over run with indigenous wildlife to that part of Feros. Geth ... looters. Anything is possible there. Whatever we are looking for .. it might as well be within ExoGeni, not sure where else it could be." Ryan spoke with a minor shrug, it wasn't much .. but, it was something to go off of for him.

Private David Garcia.

The name would never be forgotten. The boy he convinced to go with him to investigate Blue Suns. To this day, Ryan questioned what the boy would say if he did live. What he'd say to all the blame the male got. Would he stand up and admit that it was a decision of both of theirs? Or would he stand up and blame him to? Being blamed if he only had lost a leg .. an arm .. paralyzed .. blinded .. would've been easier to live with then his death.

Ryan let out a small shudder, shaking the thoughts from his head.

"Did you happen to have a different lead? Or is it the same covered up bullshit as everything else in this world?"

It was probably what made her such a good soldier – a short memory meant a short conscience. Shooting people in the face didn't really tend to haunt her when the faces ended up blurring. Maybe one day her conscience would catch up with her, but as it was... There would be a long and probably distinguished career of combat before her.

Isabel followed him. Not much else to do... She gave a small wave goodbye to the turian and shouldered her bag.

“Oh, don't worry. You know me,” she told Ryan with a thin smile. She had to raise her voice a little against the storm. “I always come prepared.”

Covered up bullshit? She dropped the bag back down by her feet: it contained armour, a few weapons, lacy underwear(!), a reasonable amount of civilian outfits. Heavy stuff. Both the bag and the words they were dealing with.

“You're the one to talk,” Isabel replied. “Aren't you working for Cerberus these days? Rumours spread, you know.”

Really, going into the details before clearing this part up... Would just be ridiculous.

Ryan nodded softly, it wasn't anything he needed to hide. A sigh passing through his lips.

"One debt paid to only form another debt, it seems."

Ryan spoke with a light unconcerned shrug, least the pay at Cerberus was good. Only take him seven years at his pay to pay off his debt .. rather then twenty years to the Illium Government. Guess you stick with what gives you the better option of paying it sooner, yeah?

"Rumours spread every where. Just like what we are doing right here, right now. Which one of us is to say that we aren't chasing down a rumour? A ghost?"

Closing his eyes lightly, it was the truth. What did they actually expect to find? Nothing most of any great importance, most likely. The male never once hid his job at Cerberus, wasn't his choice to be there so he had no point in hiding it. The Illusive guy .. or whatever, paid off his debt. His job acceptance letter came two days after he was told everything was already paid for by a 'anonymous donor'. Also known as ... 'You are now mine'.

"Anyways, I figure .. soon as the storm passes, we might as well team up like the old days? Y'know, see what we can find and all."

Except, this time. Ryan would make sure that there wasn't a life lost on his account.

“Is that all you call it?” she asked.

There was no way in hell Isabel would dismiss working for Cerberus in that way, but hey, people had their differences. And there was a certain rumour that Cerberus had off'ed Admiral Kohaku... The cover-up hadn't been complete, and those who keep their ear to the ground tended to hear those. For now though, whatever. But she was going to be ready to shoot him in the head if she needed to...

“I guess I should go along with this lunacy. For now.”

Well, fuck. What else was there to do?

“I just don't buy the official story. He was shot in the back. There was just no way...” she said, more to herself than to him. “There had to be someone leaking info. Had to be. So I asked a friend to track all his mail...”

She paused, but she was not intentionally being dramatic. She was still puzzled. “Turns out, it was accessed from several places on Feros. Obviously impossible. So I'm guessing it wasn't Alliance selling him down the river...”

Ryan opted to simply ignore everything that she previously said before talking about her having a friend track all of Sgt. Steven's mail. Was just for the better if he let everything bad about him slid off his shoulders. Wouldn't be good for him to get an itchy trigger finger because she decides to run at the mouth about him and Cerberus. Heard enough about it from friends and family, doesn't need for her to get all uppity either.

Because, to him, it didn't look like she have many people jumping at the chance to help her. Best take be happy for help when other's decline, no?

"Well, unless we manage to uncover something in the ExoGeni building, we have a lot of places to be going with three possible organizations who would hold a carry out something more then a mere 'shot in the back'." Ryan spoke in reply, "Just gotta keep all angles open, I suppose. Wouldn't put it pass Cerberus to have someone shot the Sergeant, nor would I put it pass the Alliance. Then there comes Blue Suns into play."

A sigh passed through his lips, shaking his head lightly.

"I'm sure there are people out there who even think I did it. Even though, the Sergeant was the only one to stick up for me during my whole ordeal .. he didn't need to."

Shaking his head once more, "About the places on Feros, how many were there? Any from the ExoGeni building, by any chance? Possibly narrow our leads down to importance judging by where they are?"

No, the sergeant really didn't need to stick up for Ryan during the trial and the following punishment. She had wondered why, and well, she was going to go with the sergeants judgement there. If Stevens had trusted Ryan, Isabel would too, at least during this investigation. She wasn't too happy at the idea, and it could probably be seen in her face, but it would not be a problem with her professionalism.

“Alright. I'll trust you. CO Stevens trusted you, so I will too.”

She wiped the uneasy expression of her face and hoped that she was right to do so. If she got shot in the back... Well, she'd have made the wrong decision. And she would die while being seriously pissed off. Not much she could do there, she supposed.

“One of them was from the ExoGni building, so I guess I have to make that trip... The other one was in one of the colony settlements, I was going to go there first to investigate. The location with the least level of danger first, I guess.”

She sighed abruptly.

“If we both have the same lead, either it's an important one, or a trap. While I don't look forward to a trap, I did come prepared...” She kicked her suitcase demonstratively.

Blinking twice, a small sigh passing through the lips of the male. The rain continued to pound against the awning, letting a small shake of the head snap him back into attention. Ryan turned his attention to Isabel, the male tilted his head lightly. Opening his mouth to speak before focusing his attention back to the rain, closing it. Exchanging his statement for another sigh.

"I have to agree."

The male didn't like the idea of a trap whatsoever. It was a very unpleasant idea to hold, if anything. Fortunately enough, they could always run into traps in the other places rather then ExoGeni's building.

"As much as I am wary to go to that place, it is the only lead we have as a team. So, best get it knocked out of the way first."

Turning his attention back to Isabel. This would be that time where he wish he had brought his rifle, measly little pistol won't do much to anything but infantry Geth and Humans. Giving her a slightly smile, had to show some confidence in the chance they'll succeed, right?

"At least, if it was a trap. We'll both be dead before anything gets out .. or we'll both be dead and framed at C.O Stevens' killers."

Ryan spoke with a small shrug, least to say it wasn't a bad way to go out.

"Even so, who says we can't take out whoever planned to set us up in the first place?"

“Don't worry!” Isabel joked, “I might not be Commader Shepard, but I'm still pretty awesome. And since you're working for Cerberus, don't you have a nice Cerberus expense account or something...? I couldn't convince the Alliance I needed a grenade launcher while on holiday. And that turian has some nice stuff... Alliance salary doesn't cover it.” She sighed with mock sorrow.

Throwing herself into life or death situations so regularly meant that she had ended up with a rather 'come what may' attitude to life.

“Well, if we're dead, we won't really care what happens next, right? I've got a sniper rifle, a couple of pistols, and my armour...” She had thought taking some rifles would make the luggage rather unwieldy and far too heavy.

“I guess we should wait out the storm, huh. I don't fancy the chances of flying far in this.”

Ryan let out a small laugh at her Commander Shepard remark. "Yeah, well, we'll need that pretty damn awesome if it is a trap." Speaking in a reply with a small shrug. The shrug in reply to her Cerberus account, male never took the opportunity to find out. It'd probably only add to his debt, but, who cares? Guess if he's going to die, might as well just go out in a blaze of explosions and gunfire, yeah?

Shaking his head lightly, the female came way more equipped then he did. He brought a few uniforms and his pistol, nothing at all combat ready for this mission.

"Oh, yeah, we will be waiting," Pointing at the landing pad, the small port ship. Front smashed in, smoking from the front as well. "That is what we'll get if you want to go out in a flyer." The male spoke with a small laugh, "I'm relatively lucky to have survived it, this weather is horrible." Turning to face the girl, the male took in a deep breath. "Ready to spend some credits?" Might as well use his Cerberus account for something, sliding open the door. Ryan quickly stepped back in with plans to get some armour, assault and sniper rifle.

With what turned out to be a simpler get in and get out shopping list, the male managed to turn it into .. a spree of sorts. Equipment from Rosenkov Materials; Volkov Sniper Rifle, Avenger Assault Rifle, and Titan Armour. Along with plenty of grenades for the two of them, won't ever know when the opportunity would arise for the need of a few grenades.

"Will that be all .. human?" The turian chided.

"Not just yet, gotta wait on her." Ryan replied, pointing over his shoulder at the girl. "But you can place all purchases on this account right here ... " He continued, placing down his I.D card. Everything was tied into one card, simple but so easily to hack.

"Oh .. its you .. "

Well, she did have several family members whose motto was 'Always be prepared for the worst.' It basically was beaten into her... But she was surprised at everything Ryan was buying. Good god, was he planning to outfit his own mercenary company?

“Nope, I'm happy with grenades.” She wasn't going to road-test weapons she wasn't familiar with on a mission that was potentially lethal, but if he wasn't equipped, that was all good. Though, technically she was always armed. Isabel would probably make love to her biotics if she could.

She slapped a hand on his shoulder. “Don't worry... Turian.” The pause was as deliberate as his had been. While she was happy to chat to anyone about explosions, and while she never agreed with Cerberus's 'humanity first' thing, whenever people disregarded humans, she got annoyed.

“I'm watching the Cerberus poster boy.” Isabel had followed updates on Ryan just out of interest she had for all the old members of her squad. At the turian's glare, she glared straight back. “Seriously, I've only got the energy to be pissed off at a few people at once. You don't want to distract me from my mission.”

Cerberus poster boy? Really? That was slightly .. rude.

"Just charged the damn account so I can go." Ryan spoke, a small irritated huff leaving his mouth after. This was the usual greeting the male got after giving I.D to any shop keeper. They bring up the Cerberus account or the realization that he was the guy from Illium. Either or, it was normally the same shitty response, poor attitude toward him.

After a brief stare down between the girl and the Turian, he finally swiped the I.D. Charging extra most likely for everything, why not be a complete dick and do something like that?

"Have a good day."

Watching the Turian reluctantly hand him back his I.D, Ryan snatched it from his grimy paws before sliding it back into his back pocket. Grabbing the sniper rifle by the barrel, quickly pressing the button to make it shrink down into a rectangle. The Turian placing a small box down on the counter, "Thanks."

Pulling the box full of grenades over the box that held his new equipment, Ryan waited for the girl to walk past him before following. Stepping out under the awning once more, the door sliding shut behind them.

"This is becoming out of nowhere, but, given that that guy wasn't very fond of me. Did you happen to have spare room where you were staying? Couch .. floor .. anything. Rather take my chances with you then trying to get a room here with my background."

Isabel didn't care about being rude. She had never been the one for subtlety... They never sent her on diplomatic missions, let's just say. She had trained to use the combination of biotics and firepower for the maximum destructive force, after all. (But her messes were strictly within the operational maximum. She'd never had too much of collateral damage.)

“Bye,” she told the turian brightly. She'd given her number to him in their earlier conversation... “Call me up sometime, eh? For a good time.”

Her wink didn't go down too well, but then again, turians always were rather stone-faced in her opinion. Entertaining in bed, though. So hard to hit on though... And it was surprisingly hard to find perverts who liked other species.

“Bet he charged you extra,” she whispered at Ryan as she passed him out of the shop. She had slung her suitcase over her shoulder again, leaving him to carry what he had brought.

“I booked a room out in the colony,” Isabel said, deadpan. Fat lot of good it did to anyone now! What a waste of money. Goddamn Alliance salaries. She really could make more money as a merc, but a sense of duty kept her in the same job. “Any suggestions for trying to get a hotel room? I probably have enough to get one.”

Ryan let out a small huff of air as he tried bending down to pick up his bag. "This won't work ... " The male muttered, crouching down to place the boxes down on the ground. Picking up his bag, the male quickly slung it over his right shoulder, the bag hanging at his left side. "Better .. and probably the smarter option to do. Rather then drop live grenades." The male spoke to himself as he picked up both boxes once more.

"So, you .. bought a room in another colony - which is a good hour away - then came here to shop?"

Ryan's eyes shifted left to right, that just doesn't seem .. smart. Why not just stay there and avoid the hassle of this crappy storm. Plus, this colony port as a whole is crap. Shrugging lightly at her question, ideas? No, the male had none. He worked for Cerberus so it would be .. highly unlikely anyone would give him a even decent room.

"I will pay .. or try to. The room quality might be the worst that the hotel has to offer, though." Shrugging lightly, the male only needed a couch to crash on .. or a carpet floor. Since the girl bought a room on the other colony in Feros, better for him to pay for it. The salary from the Alliance military was just oh-so great, would probably turn out worse for her later on.

"Hello, sir .. and ma'am."

The young girlish voice chimed from behind the register. "How may I help you today?" At least they were human, maybe they'll just cut them a deal or something.

"Room for two, please." Ryan spoke, placing the boxes down in front of the counter. Reaching into his pocket to pull out his I.D.

"Any special occasion that such a cute military couple came to Feros?" The girl spoke, smiling lightly as she cocked her head to the left. "There are a few deals on couple suit-"
"We aren't .. a couple. Just friends." Ryan interrupted quickly, handing her the I.D.
"Oh, I see .. my mistake." The pale girl's attention straying from both of them. "One moment."

"There you go, sir." The girl spoke, her smile returning. That was .. shocking. No hassle? No bickering? Must have been a youngin' who was completely obvious to what the male had done or who he worked for. Sliding his I.D back into his pocket, taking the key card from the girl. "Here, Isabel." The male had too much to carry as is, she could hold the key card.

"Lead the way .. dear." Ryan spoke, a small devilish smirk appearing on his face.

“I did not come here to shop, Cerberus boy.” The question was annoying, like it was questioning her intelligence. Who the hell was expecting a storm of this magnitude so suddenly? “I booked a room before I landed, and I landed... Then the fucking storm hit, all planetary transport grounded. So there am I, waiting for the storm to finish and nowhere to sleep. I was planning on kipping on a bench until the damn thing passed.”

But... She let it go. It would be better to sleep in a nice room, rather than a very hard and rather metal chair that was probably made with the intent of making people leave as soon as possible.

Isabel couldn't help but giggle as the girl assumed they were a couple. The only couple they could possibly make was one with a serious gun fetish, and even that was going too far. Admittedly, she had become used to sharing the weirdest of sleeping quarters... With the weirdest of people... So the type of room was irrelevant to her. But obviously not to him.

She picked up the card, with far more energy that was necessary.

“Oh, sweetheart, do you know what they say about sleeping with biotics?” she replied, a little mockingly.

"From what I've heard," Ryan spoke in reply, keeping the topic alive as they walk down the hall, toward their room, "Biotics are kinkier then anything in the bed." A small laugh escaping his lips, "Its too bad I left my rope at Cerberus, I would've enjoyed putting that to the test." Of course, he never knew for sure .. hell, he was just going along with the girl. She brought it up, so, he was going to continue.

The male watched as Isabel opened the door to their room; room number 341. Not terrible numbers if you believed that sort of number luck stuff. Well, maybe ... going by Earth-days, it was Friday. Three times four equals twelve, plus one is thirteen. Friday the Thirteen. Jason. Killing. Death. Awesome.

Ryan shook his head lightly, attempting to shake the thoughts from his head. Needed to focus on the task ahead, not simple numbers that just happened to equal thirteen.

Moving to the long dressed, the male placed the bottom box of grenades down before sliding the top box off. "Should I adjust the sights on the rifle?" Ryan muttered to himself, closing his eyes for a moment. Shaking his head no a moment after, he'll do it later .. probably in the morning because sleep will be deprived from him.

Turning to face the girl, leaning back against the dresser before crossing his arms. "You take the bed, I'll take the .. " Pausing for a moment to look around the room, "Chair?" The room was simple; bed made for two, two chairs, a table and the bathroom near the door. No couches, unfortunately.

“They also say you gotta keep us happy unless you want to be plastered to the ceiling. Or have a singularity on your penis. You know,” she answered lightly, winking at him. Isabel had once used lift on an inconvenient lover... And dropped him on the floor next to the bed. He'd ended up in hospital, but that was nothing compared to what she could do. Yay, Alliance trained biotics! Sure, they were never as powerful as say, asari biotics – god, that fight she once had with an asari commando: took out half of Isabel's squad without effort – but Isabel was practised and precise. It made up for a lack of sheer power.

“Hm, better get up early and do it then,” she told him. Sure, he was talking to himself, but if it was loud enough for her to hear, it was loud enough for her to reply to.

“And that's a stupid idea. If there's trouble, I like the people on my side to be properly rested. We can share the bed.” Oh, she'd been in places where she shared all facilities with men. Army. After a while, you lose all sense of shame, and learn that most people's curiosity can be solved with an elbow straight to their nose.

“Can always put a rifle down the middle if you don't trust yourself,” she mocked. “Like that Arthurian legend. Oh, how did it go...? Sir Lancelot put the sword in the middle of the bed... Don't think I'm comparing you to a knight in shining armour.”

Ryan let out a few small laughs at her statements, she was a clever one. That was sure. "Wait, you mean .. you don't want to sleep with me?" The male joked, "I am appalled." Smirking lightly, shaking his head momentarily. Stretching lightly, the male walked slowly to the window. He'd perch himself up here in the window to adjust his sniper sight .. act as if he was taking out a walking civilian. A round would not be fire, but, better to adjust against a live target then not.

Placing his hands against the windows, the male watched at the rain pattered against it. A slight yawn quickly invading his body, shaking his head lightly. "We won't need a rifle to be down the middle of the bed. If I spoon with you during the night, its not my rifle that is prodding you in the ass in the morning, either." Grinning lightly, "But, if you wake up first and wish to help rid me of my uninvited guest, I'd happily return the favor."

"Oh, and also, I like to sleep in the lightest amount of clothing possible. So, yeah, I'll sleep under the blanket, you can sleep under the comforter." Ryan spoke lightly, kicking his boots off his feet, setting them together near the table.

A small sigh escaped the male, shifting against the bed, finding a comfortable spot on his side.

"What time did you want to head out? 0900?" Turning his head to look at the girl, "I'll be up around a bit before that so I can adjust my rifles, make sure I have everything I needed for our little expedition to ExoGeni."

“What, no one told you I was a lesbian?” Isabel asked. Not that she was, but it had been a long-standing rumour in the Alliance, virtually ever since she joined, and she'd never bothered to disprove or verify it. If she did, people would only make up something else. Soldiers. Rumour mongers of the universe.

“Oh, so you like the back door more than the front?” she joked. Another useful military thing. Ability to make everything dirtier than it needed to be. “But, I'm sorry to say that I will not be helping you. You better do in the shower... And I will be using it first.” She dumped her suitcase down by her side of the bed, then flexed her shoulder before unlacing her boots.

“Don't touch my guns, and I'm all good.” She'd sort that out in the morning, the time to check the ammo, calibrate, check everything worked perfectly... Her familiar weapons had served her well for all the years of service.

“Here's hoping the storm is over by the morning...” She said, stripping of her wet jacket. “I hope we find something, or I will be fucking pissed off.”

The next morning...

"Pow."

"Pow."

"Pow."

Ryan sat in a chair pulled over to the window, sniper rifle out and ready to go. It was 0745. Still a bit of time before they decided on getting up. The male had already adjusted his sights .. now he was just playing target practice. Mimicking, rather poorly, the sound of a sniper rifle firing. It didn't leave his vicinity, whether or not Isabel was up .. he wouldn't be mimicking sounds like, 'BOOM! HEAD SHOT! BOOM!' He made it short and sweet, making sure he led the target into a imaginary kill shot.

The male slept perfectly fine, was able to get in and out of bed without the girl - from what he knew - waking at all. Woke up in the morning on his same side, thankfully. Ryan enjoyed the thought of keeping his anatomy right exactly where it was, rather then keeping it in a jar. He didn't know what she'd do exactly, but, was better to remind yourself of one of the worst possible cases then test the waters to see.

Isabel's last statement made before they stopped speaking for the night, rang in his head clear as day. He hoped they would find something, anything leading them somewhere else. Just what exactly he hoped that was .. well, was somewhere pointing other to Cerberus. Just make him look even more guilty then it already did. If the two were to find out it being someone from Cerberus, the girl .. well, wouldn't be off his case about it until they were long gone from one another. Part of him believed she'd get his number through contacts just to say a simple; I told you so.

An inaudible sigh passed through the lips of the male, placing the butt of the sniper on the ground. Kicking the bottoms of his boots up onto the table, leaning back on two legs of the chair. Bending his knees to cause him to fall forward, slightly, only to have him push himself backwards once more. Rocking him there, staring out into the dark blue sky. Must just how Feros looked. There was a rain cloud in sight, thankfully.

Feeling the legs of the chair go too far back, "A-ah!" Ryan exclaimed, trying to stop himself from falling to the ground. His head pinging off the mattress before he slumped to the ground.

"Ow ... "

Back
Top Bottom