Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Interest check for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilistic_Impact

Brigadista
Supporter
Let's have a more current thread up in here.

Now I'm interested in potentially GMing something, I'm most knowledgeable with pathfinder as my 3.5 knowledge comes from back before they even had a Player's Handbook 2 and I've never touched 4th.

This isn't to say I wouldn't be interested in giving either a try with someone else at the helm.

I'm interested in something! I can GM 4th Edition no problem, I could probably DM 3.5/Pathfinder if I had a guiding hand to reeducate me on the system.

I also have a D100 Chart which can be used for universal games and is fairly easy to learn and pick up.

I've only every played 4ed but id be willing to attempt a 3.5 or pathfinder! Id just need to read up on them.

[split] New DM looking for practice (Or player)

I have played 3.5 but 4.0 seems like a good time

RE: New DM looking for practice (Or player)

I can play 4th, 3.0/3.5/Pathfinder (With help till I remember the old system), NWoD (With help as I only played it a few times), and anythign else you want to try and GM. I should probably make a thread cause I've been wanting to GM for awhile. XD

RE: New DM looking for practice (Or player)

I would be interested in a 4.0 campaign, as I've only ever had opportunity to DM and not play.

I would also be interested in NWoD as well.

Probably because we didnt realize it was that old... lol The re-organization of the threds has confused us all.

I would be interested, but since I know absolutly nothing of pathfinder, and saw no point in 3.5... *shrugging*

I do have an interest in learning 4th. I've never actually done it and I would like to give it a try.

Though I'm also patiently waiting for them to release the first set of rules for 5th.

No, they've stopped work on 4th.

It's true it'll be a long while before the rules are out officially for 5th; but they're supposed to be releasing some rules for play testing in the next couple of months.

They brought Monte Cook back into the fold.

Ahhh.... but is it going to actually be a 5th edition. Or just a 4.5, revision?

By that article, it seems possible that it very well could be a new edition. But it's way too soon.

Yeah, 4th didn't even do all that bad economically. It's main failing was that it didn't do as good as 3.5 did in drawing in players and keeping them.

So, themes for campaign? What interests people?

The biggest complaints I heard about 4e were that it was set up too much like a video game. Everything was too combat oriented with very little room for actual role-playing.

As for theme... I vote for Exploration.

4e was the reason I picked up Pathfinder. I just didn't like it- that's not to say others might not like it, but I'd rather play Pathfinder instead.

In terms of setting, I have no real preferences, but if its DnD I Love Sigil, thought its not suited for level 1 characters really, and theres no info for it in 4e

I have a bit of experience with running 4e if anyone's interested, only system I'm familiar with enough to run. (Essentials wasn't 4.5, it was just a short line of products that introduced some earlier-style alternate versions of existing classes, nothing was actually replaced like with 3.5).

5e is going to be a whole different thing. I've got the playtest material and it's very much like a mixture of 1e and 3.5 with 4e's balance design (a fighter contributes to combat just as much as a Wizard at every tier), the core game is VERY streamlined and combat is VERY fast and VERY deadly. They're gonna have modules that you can add on (example, a 4e style Tactical Combat module will be released).

@Deeprob Sigil is in the DMG2 and Manual of the Planes in 4e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom