Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Wonderful world of WonderQuest!

Rainbow Laser Cthulu

Super-Earth
Hello there. This thread's purpose is to introduce a fictional world that I created to be the setting of an original adult-themed pen and paper RPG. But as I would like to test the setting out with people who are experienced with this kind of thing, as well as gauge the appeal of the world, I hope to engage some interested RP'ers with my world.

Setting

Babylon: Babylon is a lush world huge beyond conventional scope. The civilized region of Babylon covers one continent roughly the size of Earth. This continent is known as Paradise. Beyond Paradise lies the Granfidel Ocean, and then the Broken Lands. The Broken Land is a hazardous realm where reality and physics don't always apply. However it is also filled with nearly endless ruins from a long extinct super-race of living gods. These ruins are often filled with mind bending technology or incredible magics which can make a lucky adventurer absurdly rich. These artifacts and magicks are so valuable that the world government actually offers enormous rewards to adventurers willing to risk the dangers of the Broken Land. Paradise is presided over by the World Government, and owes it's fortune to Aika, the Goddess of Love and Knowledge. The Broken land is ruled by Agron, the Beast of Vice and Sin. The third god of Babylon is Ammonkai, the God of Passion and Battle.

The Trinity

The three gods together are known as the trinity. They are all worshiped fairly equally throughout Paradise, even Agron. For each had a hand in the creation of Babylon. In the beginning, the three saw this empty world and craved to see it filled with thriving creatures both sentient and otherwise.

"They shall be loving and crave the pursuit of knowledge, for I desire to see them without strife." Said Aika, as she sculpted the first races to inhabit Paradise.

"I agree. But they shall possess a fire within their souls that burns to test their bodies against each other, be it in competition or desire." Said Ammonkai as he forged the souls of these new inhabitants.

"And we cannot forget lust. They shall possess a thirst for life and all it's pleasures! Both physical and material." Said Agron as he created the beasts and animals that would provide food, danger, as well as pleasure for these inhabitants.

And with that the world was filled to the brim with incredible life that no other world in the universe could match. Both science and magic was granted to these races. Then the gods sat back and basked in the glory of their creation.

Races

Taera: Taera greatly resemble humans save for a few aesthetic differences. Taera always possess vibrantly colorful hair and eyes. Their skin is generally fair and freckled, and they have the most variation in body type among the various species of Babylon. Taera are free spirited and carefree. They are generally hard to pin down, are quite hot-headed, and have equal affinity with both science and magic. Taera also have no concept of Monogamy, nor do they have any form of marriage in their society.

Braig: Braig are imposing, four armed, blue-skinned humanoids with incredible physical strength. They generally stand around 6' for the females, and 7' for the males. Their bodies are naturally toned, but can grow fat if inactive for long periods of time. Braig do not have body hair, instead they have rigid crimson scales on their scalp, forearms, back, thighs, and calves. Braig males are renoun for being incredibly well-endowed, and the females are rarely seen with breasts smaller than a C-cup. Braig are proud, aggressive, and prone to excessive drinking due to their 'viking-esque' society, valuing martial prowess, entertainment, and friendly competition over most other pursuits.

Lought: The Lought are dark-skinned nomads with pitch black eyes and massive claws on their hands and feet. Both hands and feet possess three digits, two fingers and a thumb for the hands. Their large claws allow them extremely high mobility and speed compared with the other races. The shape and size of these claws is considered a point of pride for Lought, and so they will spend a great deal of time grooming and shaping them. Males generally consider thick, heavy claws to be a sign of masculinity. While females consider long, razor sharp claws to be respectable. Regardless of style, these claws can reach a full foot in length. Long dexterous tails extend from their rear, sometimes reaching a length of fifteen feet. Their skin ranges from golden tan to deep brown, and their hair ranges from pitch black to deep reds. Lought prize money over most other pursuits, since their nomadic lifestyle makes it difficult for them to provide their own food and supplies. Most Lought tribes have more than half their population off treasure hunting in the Broken Lands at any given time. More often than not, the Lought are seen trading their finds in central cities. Beyond this they are rarely seen by the civilised world.

Beast-Blooded: Due to the machinations of Agron, most if not all non sapient creatures on Babylon have a taste for the women of Paradise. There are also many female creatures that lust after the males as well, and because of this a relatively new race of bestial humanoids has emerged. These Beast-Blooded range extremely in appearance as well as ability. Some have little more intellect than their beast fathers or mothers, while others are every bit as cunning as their non-beast parents. While for the most part welcome on Paradise, the Beast Blooded have yet to fully earn the trust of the World Government as a race. As of yet there is no dominant racial personality or any form of society. They are the most unpredictable of the sapient races of Babylon.

So! This is just the basic overview of Wonderquest. I have much more to add, but I first wanted to get comments and advice from interested parties. And of course, I am super interested in roleplaying with anyone who wants to give my universe a spin!

Back
Top Bottom