Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reunions (fandom x MightyDavidson)

fandom

Star
Misty yawned as she sat down at one of Cerulean City's street cafe's, ordering herself some tea. It was another bright day, and today was her day off from working in the gym with her sisters. Whilst it was great being able to swim so much, having to constantly put on those shows was starting to take its toll on her. She was exhausted and needed a day off to relax like this.

As her tea arrived, Misty took a sip and smiled, her mind drifting back to the old days. A few years ago she had returned home, leaving Ash and Brock on their travels....she had to admit, she missed those days. Often she wondered what Ash was doing these days....off in some far off place...battling in Pokemon gyms she had never even heard of. "Ah....." She sighed and had another sip of her tea, just staring off into space, oblivious to the world around her.

As it happened Ash Ketchum was in Cerulean City right at that very moment, having arrived the day before. Though he had greatly enjoyed travelling to new places, making new friends and catching new Pokemon he'd long thought that there was something missing from his more recent adventures. Something comparatively small but very important that he'd begun missing terribly. Being somewhat slow on the uptake sometimes it had taken him awhile to figure out just what that something, or more accurately that somebody, was.

Misty Waterflower.

Having realised that, he'd promptly said good bye to his friends in Johto and caught the first ship back home to Kanto. The first thing he did upon arriving in Cerulean City was go to the gym, only to discover that Misty was taking a day off. Quite intent on searching the entire city untill he found her, luck proved to be with Ash as spied a familiar redhead sipping tea at a street cafe.

"Misty!" he called cheerfully as he ran over to her. "Hey Misty! How are ya?"

At first Misty didn't hear the voice, having been caught up in her little daydream, the world around her completely blocked out. It wasn't until Ash's second call that she heard the voice, though for a moment she thought it was just another daydream. It wasn't until Ash ran up to her that the redhead finally snapped out of it, a slight flush creeping onto her cheeks as she looked up.

"A-ash?!" The surprise in her voice was more than noticeable. She had often wondered if she would ever see him again, but to see him right now just as she had been thinking about him...well....for a moment she contemplated pinching herself in order to ensure this wasn't a dream. "I....it's...It's good to see you again..." Finally she managed to compose herself, smiling to Ash and motioning to the seat opposite her.

In their years apart, Misty had grown and matured somewhat, her body having filled out. Even back when they were young she had been somewhat well developed, and that trend had more than continued. "I'm fine I...how about you?"

Smiling happily Ash sat down opposite Misty. Like her, Ash had also grown and matured during his travels and while he was still the cheerful person she remembered his physique had developed a bit while he was gone. He was taller too and broader through the shoulders.

"I'm doing alright," Ash replied. "You're looking well Misty."

Looking well was actually an understatement as far as Ash could see, though he tried not to stare as he looked Misty over. He'd always known she was pretty of course though back then he'd never really appreciated what a looker Misty was. Know of course he couldn't imagine how he could've missed it as old photos of Misty set his heart to racing and she'd only gotten prettier since then. Though he did like May and Dawn, when it came right down to it they just couldn't compare to Misty.

"How are your Pokemon doing?" he asked. "I want to hear everything that's been going on with you since I left."

"Ah...well my Pokemon are all doing fine....my Water Pokemon are all back at the gym relaxing...and Togepi finally evolved too. Keeps trying to fly all over the place rather than sit in my arms now.." She chuckled slightly, shaking her head at the thought. Sometimes she could spend hours chasing Togetic around. "So how about your Pokemon Ash?" She smiled and leaned forward a little in order to listen to him. "How's your Pokemon journey been going? Been to many more gyms? Competed in anymore big tournaments? I bet you've been all over the place by now...." In truth, Misty had always somewhat regretted leaving him like that. She had missed out on his journeys, missed out on seeing the world...and missed out on watching Ash fill out into what she had to admit was a pretty damned handsome man.

"As for what's been going on...well...not much. Things are pretty boring around here at the moment...we don't get as many trainers coming to battle as we used to, though the shows that my sisters put on are still pretty popular. They ask me to join sometimes but usually I try to just handle the gym side of things"

"My Pokemon are doing well," Ash replied. "I got a whole bunch of new ones from Johto and Hoenn and Pikachu..."

Just as Ash said his name the Pokemon in question hopped out of his backpack, bounded onto the cafe table and narrowly avoided knocking over Misty's tea as he hopped into Misty's lap and began nuzzling and licking her chin. Ash chuckled at his Pokemon's antics.

"Pikachu missed you a lot, as you can see," Ash said, with a big smile as Pikachu's lightning bolt tail wagged happily. "So did I actually."

Ash blushed slightly as he admitted that, hoping he didn't sound sappy as he said it. To be honest he was a bit embarassed that it had taken him so long to realise how important Misty was to him and hoped Misty wouldn't be annoyed that it had taken him that long to figure it out. Pikachu was considerably less concerned as the Pokemon happily snuggled close to Misty.

"Pika pika pika pika!" the Pokemon said happily.

OOC: Had to have the cute pikachu moment. :lol:

"Ah! Hey there Pikachu" Misty chuckled, rubbing the Pokemon's head as he bound into her lap. She had missed the little guy almost as much as Ash, though for somewhat different reasons. "It's great to see you again little guy, still as cute as ever I see" She grinned as he snuggled up against her, blushing though as Pikachu's long ears kept rubbing against her rather more developed chest.

"Ah....I um...I missed you too Ash..." Misty blushed herself at the comment, looking up from Pikachu and back to Ash, managing a soft smile.

Though he was quite happy to hear that Misty had missed him as well, Ash tried to play things cool knowing that Misty would be horrendously embarassed if he jumped for joy as he felt like doing. He knew full well Misty would never let him hear the end of it if he let that happen, having experienced much the same treatment after he'd wrecked her bike the very first time he'd met her.

"It just wasn't the same travelling without you Misty," he said. "I even missed the way you used to drag Brock around by the ear after he hit on some girl."

In fact he very much missed that as Brock's incessant hitting on anything in a skirt was getting rather annoying. Sure he still liked Brock but it was getting to the stage where Ash was considering hiring a prostitute just to get Brock laid so he'd stop hitting on all the girls. It was honestly getting embarassing.

"I think you'd have liked Johto and Hoenn too. They had a lot of nice water Pokemon there."

Misty's blush deepened at his comments. "Heh....yeah well...he deserved it sometimes....well...no...all of the time really" She chuckled and shook her head as she thought back, remembering the times Brock had been just asking for a beat down. That ego of his....nothing ever seemed to phase him. No matter how much he was rejected, he just kept on coming back, sometimes to the same girl only for him to be beaten down again.

"Yeah....I think I would've liked it too...maybe someday I will head out there y'know....?" She looked up at Ash and smiled softly. "So....what brings you back to Cerulean City anyway?"

For a moment Ash considered making up a story to explain his presence in the city. Something simple like he came home to visit his mom or something, which wouldn't even be a lie really since he did plan to visit his Mom at some point. However he found that he couldn't lie to Misty. Even if he could get the words out of his mouth it would probably still sound like a lie and he did not want her to think of him as a liar.

"I came to visit you Misty," Ash replied, honestly. "I hadn't seen you in so long and I just really felt the urge to see you again."

It was a bit more complicated then that of course but Ash wasn't sure how to express those feelings yet, so he didn't try. Right now he was happy seeing Misty sitting there snuggling with his Pikachu and Pikachu himself seemed quite happy nuzzling up to Misty's more developed chest.

Misty's entire face turned bright red at his sudden admission. He had come to see....her? "I...." She wasn't quite sure what to say. Sure it made her heart skip a beat at hearing him say that, excitement coursing through her, knowing he had come to see her above anything else. "I um....I'm glad...to hear that Ash.." She managed a soft smile up at him, still petting Pikachu's head. "Well I....do you have anywhere to stay while you're here? We have guest rooms at the gym....you'd be more than welcome to stay in them for as long as you'd like" Misty couldn't help smiling brightly, it was already starting to get back to old times....before she knew it she'd end up travelling with him again. The thought of that made her heart skip another beat with excitement and anticipation.

Ash would be absolutely overjoyed to travel with Misty, though he was wanting to be a little more then friends this time around. Travelling with Misty as boyfriend and girlfriend would make him incredibly happy though he wasn't quite sure how to tell her that just yet. Training Pokemon was what he knew, not romantic things.

"Thanks Misty," Ash replied. "I'd be happy to stay at the gym, since I haven't found a hotel yet or anything."

In fact his decision to come see Misty had been very impulsive and he'd only found passage on board a ship to Cereulean City by sheer luck. There had been no planning at all and if it weren't for Misty's charity he'd have no place to stay at all.

Of course, him succeeding due to Misty's good sense was hardly a new thing.

"Great! Then it's settled. Why don't we head back there and get you settled right in?" Misty grinned as the bill for her coffee came, reaching into her pocket for her purse. "So how long were you planning on staying anyway? You're welcome to stay as long as you like of course but I was just wondering, that's all" Misty wanted to say more....but it was hard. Right now the best she could do was try and get some kind of timescale on how long she had to work up the courage to try and tell him. Unfortunately she was really no good at expressing feelings that weren't anger or annoyance....

"I hadn't really planned that far ahead," Ash admitted, sheepishly. "I just really wanted to see you, so I came back here as quickly as I could. I think I'll probably stay awhile though, you and I have a lot of catching up to do after all."

Sensing that Misty was about to stand, Pikachu leapt from her lap, onto the table and onto Ash's shoulder. Idly Ash scratched his Pokemon's head as he wondered if he could ever admit his feelings for Misty. As if sensing his Master's thoughts Pikachu let out a soft chu off exasperation, as thought the electric rodent Pokemon was wondering why the two humans didn't just admit it and start mating already.

"Sounds about right...you never could plan ahead could you Ash?" Misty chuckled and rolled her eyes as she stood up, smiling as she watched Pikachu run off onto Ash's shoulder. "Well then, let's not stand around here all day" She smiled and turned to go, waving for him to follow. "The gym isn't too far, I somehow doubt you can still remember your way around. Never did have the best sense of direction did you Ash?"

Ash chuckled as he got to his feet, not about to contradict her when it came to his planning skills. Outside of Pokemon battles he rarely planned anything ahead of time, besides this was one of the things he missed about Misty.

"I found you didn't I?" Ash replied, with a grin. "As long as I can do that I'm fine."

Smiling Ash took one of Misty's hands in his own and waited for her to lead him back to the Gym. He remembered the way of course since he'd just come from there but it was an excuse to hold Misty's hand and Ash wasn't going to pass up an opportunity like this. He might have been inexperienced at romantic stuff but he would try his very best like he did at everything else.

Misty blushed deeply as he took one of her hands, looking down for a moment, before slowly up at Ash. He had never done that before....why was he doing it now? Could he feel....? "A-Ash....?" Misty was suddenly stammering for words, something she rarely did. She didn't try to pull her hand away though, if anything she found her hand clasping his a little more tightly, as if afraid he was going to let go when she spoke.

Not that there was any likelyhood of Ash letting Misty go at this point. He'd travelled all the way back to Cerelean City just to see her again after all, just to be with her.

"Yeah Misty?" he asked, as he looked into her eyes. She had very pretty eyes and Ash was starting to realise just how strongly he felt about Misty. Oh sure they'd always been friends but he was wondering now if his feelings actually ran deeper then that and also wondered if she felt the same way as he did.

Impulsively he kissed Misty on the cheek, thinking that Misty was adorable when she was lost for words.

Misty wasn't sure how to respond, but when words finally came to her mind and she was turning to speak to him, he leaned in to kiss her! His aim might have been her cheek, but Misty had turned her head at the last moment, causing their lips to meet instead. Misty's eyes went wide, her body freezing in place as she felt Ash's lips upon her own. Still, she didn't try to pull away, she even leaned forward ever so slightly as if pressing her own lips against his, her body acting on its own regardless of what her mind might have wanted. Any words she might have had were now erased from her mind, everything now focused on this soft, gentle kiss.

Though he hadn't intended to kiss Misty on the lips, Ash wasn't about to waste this opportunity. As Misty seemed to lean into the kiss, Ash gently slid his arms around her and gently held her close to him. Though he wasn't about to try anything more out in public since he didn't want to embarass Misty, he was quite content to keep kissing her for as long as she allowed him to do so. After all, he'd been hoping to get a chance to do this while he was here and there was no sense squandering the opportunity.

Misty whimpered slightly against the kiss, leaning in a little more. She didn't know what to do, normally she was so assertive but....when it came to things like this she was dumbstruck, oblivious even. She squeezed his hand as they kissed, a few people watching them. Some were thinking they were adorable, whilst some seemed to be looking on with jealousy.

It occured to Ash that he and Misty might want to move to someplace more quiet, since they were kissing right out in the open where everybody could see them. On the other hand, he really didn't want to stop kissing Misty. Indeed, he wanted to kiss Misty for as long as he possibly could and didn't care if the entire world could see them.

Embarassment eventually started to set in, and as Misty became aware of their surroundings her cheeks turned an even brighter shade of crimson before she pulled back slightly, finally breaking the kiss. "I uh....w-wow.....I um....maybe we....should go somewhere a little less.....open..." It was odd to see and hear Misty like this, like all her confidence had suddenly vanished after that kiss.

Ash was blushing softly himself, though he seemed to have more confidence at the moment rather then less. Indeed, Ash was showing the unswerving confidence that had seen him to victory in many a Pokemon match though at the moment he wasn't thinking about Pokemon at all.

"I think we should head back to the Gym now," Ash suggested. "We should have more privacy there, since your sisters were busy when I left."

Suggesting that he and Misty head back to her place had been easier then Ash had thought it would be.

"Y-yeah....the gym....the gym sounds good" Misty nodded quickly, turning to go, though she kept a firm grip of Ash's hand as she started moving. No thoughts were occurring to Misty about going back to her place, well, none besides getting out of the middle of the street anyway. Just what they would, or could, do when they had that privacy didn't even occur to her.

It didn't take long to get back to the gym, Misty heading in quickly with Ash, seemingly breathing a sligh sigh of relief once the door was closed. Her cheeks were still beet red though, and clearly she was still rather flustered.

Back
Top Bottom