Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

PETA.....seriously, WTF?

Ms_Muffintops said:
Masterkegan said:
Ms_Muffintops said:
Yeah. PETA isn't an animal shelter... they do it for the sake of population and they're seen as mercy killings.

And yet they get onto me about my ethical hunting practices?

Yup! No one said these person weren't hypocrites. I'm sure some PETA supporters have the best intentions in mind, but what the company supports as a whole, is definitely hypocritical. What they do is "ethical" since they do it painlessly. But I'm the type that supports hunting since many do it for the meat. They actually put the animals remains to use. Yet they take animals from their homes, probably traumatizing and scaring them, and then kill them because its unethical to put your dog on a chain.

I saw a story about a girl who's family left her dog in the backyard one afternoon and when they came to bring him inside, their dog was gone and a PETA flyer on chaining up dogs was left next to the doghouse. In many areas, what the PETA members did was illegal. I know where I live, as long as they have a dog house, water, and a closed off yard or they're chained up, you can leave your dog outside. These people clearly loved their dog, but unfortunately... their dog was probably euthanized that day.
Ya know, there have been studies on the drugs used to put animals to sleep to see if it is painless. They found that the nerves are so alive with activity that they believe it is one of the most painful deaths imaginable.

I dont take shots that I dont think Ill make. I don't risk loosing game. Yes they feel pain for a few seconds before their heart bleeds out. But nothing like the nini shot.

And that us complete BS that they are taking dogs out of people's yards. I would almost like them to try it with one of my dogs. It would not end well for the person trying to take them.

Razgriz said:
And you see, that's what pisses me off about PETA nowadays.........they're sensationalist. They blow things out of proportion ALL THE F**KING TIME. And while granted many of the things they do are for the animals that can't be saved (those with horrific tumors and the like), they often assume things that they shouldn't.

Ugh, I just don't get what's so lacking in COMMON. F**KING. SENSE. Even the ASPCA doesn't take most animals right away; they get information first and come back later when they're 100% certain that abuse is present to take the animals to safety.

Oh and Masterkegan.........They got on everyone's case about hunting, no matter how ethical and humane the killing is. There was a video of a man hunting hogs in Texas (which, in case you weren't aware, is literally OVERRUN with the damn things) and if I remember correctly, he was using a .30-30. The man took a hog down, clean one hit kill, the thing didn't even twitch after it was shot. It was dead. And it was posted on PETA's website demonizing the man for 'killing a harmless pig' (it was taken down a while ago, but I remember the video clearly). Yeah, tell 'em they're 'harmless' to the people who have to suffer property damage and can't even leave their homes for fear of being attacked.\\

Here's the video in question (took some searching but I found it): Video

Watch the pig drop like a rock, then read some of the comments demonizing him. You'll see what I mean
Yeah Ive seen the vid. You should have seen the one they put up with the folks using dogs to hunt feral hog. It can be brutal. But it is the most efficient way to hunt them, and even then they arent able to even dent the population. A lot of the time firearms arent used. The bay dogs work him, the catch dogs latch on and hold em, and you stab em.

I hunt a lot of pig in NC, it hasnt gotten as bad as it is in the deep south, but its getting worse.

About some of the PETA folks having good intentions. The road to Hell is paved with them.

I think PETA people are a loose cannon, they have more dogma they would force-feed into people. If you even say you're a meat eater around one they'd jump on you as if you cannibalized your own child. They're just so out-of-control, especially in forums where the topic isn't even about animals rights. It's fucking shonen manga! I avoid them, they shove their beliefs on people.

Back
Top Bottom