Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

PETA.....seriously, WTF?

Razgriz

Shall we write beautiful stories together?
Supporter
News Story

Was checking my e-mail........and came across this story in the news feed.

I used to respect PETA somewhat, when they had actual goals to help animals. But now all I see is them raising a hissy fit about things (such as the issue listed in the article) that don't even matter.

And to poke more holes in their argument, I point out three glaring inconsistencies.

*ahem*

#1) Super Mario 3 came out in 1998(when the Tanooki suit was FIRST introduced) and didn't get so much as a hiccup from them. So I ask, why wait over a decade to raise a shit fit now?

#2) Apparently, they think that stomping on turtles, forcing them OUT of their shell (which would kill a real turtle) and then using that shell as a projectile against either the defenseless turtle or a Goomba is 100% OK.

#3) Mario doesn't even skin a tanooki to obtain the suit (he grabs a leaf floating in the air). So......how does this promote cruelty to animals exactly?

As a side note, I would like to say....if a game gives you the urge to go out, kill an animal, skin and gut it, and then use the skin as a suit in real life........the problem most certainly IS NOT with the game.

But, that's enough of my analysis. I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

You know, I was going to avoid this because I thought that PETA was just being stupid as usualy. But they're not being stupid this time. Oh no... this is paste eating, poo on a stick shaking, Scooby-doo lunchbox toting RETARDED. Actually, calling them retarded is lowering the intergrety of the metally handicaped. So from now on we're going to call PETA a Fanny Pack. Becasue it was a good idea from the begining then idiots starting using it for the wrong purposes and now we only allow people to still buy into it for the sake of making fun of them.

So I've lost all respect I ever had for PE- fanny pack. I love animals, I own 3 dogs, a turtle, a frog and a dozen or so fish and two homosapien children. So dont doubt my love of the little glassy eyes, weird noise making fuckers. But claiming that of all thingsthe Tanooki suit is suggesting harm against animals?!?!? Really!?!? Are you guys SERIOUS. Like no one spoke up in the middle of the meeting to say "Hey guys, I dont think this is what it means." or "Maybe we'll just lose our money doing this" or "Balls go in my mouth now, slurp slurp."

No, of course not. They probably just finished Jacking-off to Cat-fancy and decided to target the Jew of entertainment: Video Games. (I mean Jew because every one blames it for bad things that happen and whips them for it. Not meant in a derogatory fashion) Since everyone else jumps on the "Video Games are developed by SATAN" bandwagon, why not good old, frumpy Fanny Pack to eh? Well it seems they were just desperate to get in the media to me. Because even though I have less than 1% faith in humanity, I still HIGHLY doubt anyone is THAT stupid as to target something 13 some-odd years old.

Thats like all of a sudden blaming Jeffory Dahmer for the Taliban becasue he also killed people for no good reason. I'm done, ranting about this. Its really just pissing me off the more I think about it.

1718974-facepalm_epic.jpg
[/php]

Actually Super Mario Bros. 3 came out in 1988, which makes peta seem ever worse since that makes it 23 years that they were completely oblivious to it. To add to their ignorance, why do they attack Mario? Red Dead Redemption was a block buster game that had specific achievements in where you collected animal parts such as skins, hearts, etc. and even an achievement where you kill every buffalo on the prairie. Still there was nothing brought up by peta.

Did it? *looks up release date* You're right. Must have been a misread on my part. My bad, ladies and gentlemen! You are correct that it makes it over two decades since they raised a hissy fit about it.

But, all of your arguments just add to my point. I really don't get why they're focusing on things that AREN'T EVEN REAL. And like I said, if a game makes you harm an animal in any way (other than hunting the animal - provided it's in season and NOT on the endangered species list - and actually eating what you kill), then the problem is NOT with the game.

However, I think one could argue that they simply haven't played the game yet, or just decide to not go after it since it's relatively recent (compared to Super Mario, anyway).

And just a few more fun articles for you to see just how PETA has truly sunk.....

Game - Warning: slightly graphic content

Cooking Mama - Even the Wii isn't safe

WTF - I don't even know what this is

With all of these parodies they've done, I'm surprised PETA hasn't been slapped with trademark violations.

Let it be known that I DO NOT have a problem with vegetarians or vegans - my stance is the same as those who follow a religious doctrine. DON'T BE AN UPPITY FUCK ABOUT IT! Cripes, is it really that hard to understand? Same goes for meat-eaters.....I just fucking hate people being elitist about anything. But of course, PETA has too their head shoved too far up its own ass to see the light of day, so I guess I get to pass my ranting onto you all. I apologize.

...Why attack Mario now? They're just fishing for attention or some sort of controversy that is plainly retarded to begin with, wow peta. DERP.

--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:
If they are gonna start going back to old games, might as well start with Oregon Trail. Srs.

They wouldn't attack the Oregon Trail, because that game teaches you that if you ingest meat you die of dysentery.

Mr. Fox said:
--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:
If they are gonna start going back to old games, might as well start with Oregon Trail. Srs.

They wouldn't attack the Oregon Trail, because that game teaches you that if you ingest meat you die of dysentery.

It also teaches you how to hunt and watch your party die of random acts of death and disease.

Also - Duck Hunt. Go after that one next, PETA.

Oh and apparently the game was nothing but a huge joke (a thousand bucks says Nintendo threatened to sue them for defamation of character)

Article

Oh ha ha. Real funny. They decided to pull the troll card much like a certain couple of guys I know on YouTube that do the same thing whenever they get called on their bullcrap. Unfortunately, it's a bit late for them to start backpedaling when PETA fired the first shot.

Thought you'd enjoy that, Hahvoc. Just don't show that to PETA (unless you want to epically troll the shit out of them)

But seriously.........I'm beginning to think (after reading up on all the various parodies that they've done of certain games) that PETA literally has nothing else to do than post sensationalist shit that causes people to not take them seriously. And when they do highlight an important issue, people just call them attention whores (which they are IMHO) and then don't do anything else.

Yeah, well, back in the day they used to throw paint on people who were wearing fur coats. It was a big lawsuit thing since they destroyed property and all this other crap. Pretty much every single person who participated went to jail. Obviously attacking video games is the safer route.

*face-palm* That to me just shows how incompetent they are. And it also shows my reason why I hate organizations like this; they force-feed their agendas down people's throats and demonize EVERYONE that doesn't conform. Yes, there are those that should, in my opinion, be demonized (people who kill animals just for the sake of killing, for example). But the vast majority of people I see in my day-to-day life aren't the 'shameless gluttons' that PETA makes them out to be.

And while attacking video games may be the 'safer' route, it just shows how low they've sunken. You can't force someone to follow your way of life if they don't want to. It's a small something that humans have called FREE WILL.

*whew* Yet another rant from me. That wasn't directed at you, Hahvoc, just me spilling my thoughts about PETA. In case you were wondering.

Well, I've got one simple rule for those things:
Opinions are like dicks.
It's fine to have one, it's fine to be proud of it,
but for gods sake, don't wave them around in public,
And PLEASE, don't shove them down my throat.

I used to live in the same city as the PETA main HQ. I don't care for them... they are dishonest and like to kidnap animals out of peoples yards because they're unattended or they don't have tags on them--- they use petty excuses. There have been multiple cases of this. And they more often then not euthanize the animal before the owners even get a chance to find their pet.

I don't remember where I read this, but PETA shelters have euthanize around 70% of the animals they bring I where as the city shelters in those same towns only euthanize about 30%.

Its been a long time since I read the article, but Ill try to find it for yall.

Masterkegan said:
I don't remember where I read this, but PETA shelters have euthanize around 70% of the animals they bring I where as the city shelters in those same towns only euthanize about 30%.

Yeah. PETA isn't an animal shelter... they do it for the sake of population and they're seen as mercy killings.

Ms_Muffintops said:
Masterkegan said:

Yeah. PETA isn't an animal shelter... they do it for the sake of population and they're seen as mercy killings.

And yet they get onto me about my ethical hunting practices?

Masterkegan said:
Ms_Muffintops said:
Masterkegan said:

And yet they get onto me about my ethical hunting practices?

Yup! No one said these person weren't hypocrites. I'm sure some PETA supporters have the best intentions in mind, but what the company supports as a whole, is definitely hypocritical. What they do is "ethical" since they do it painlessly. But I'm the type that supports hunting since many do it for the meat. They actually put the animals remains to use. Yet they take animals from their homes, probably traumatizing and scaring them, and then kill them because its unethical to put your dog on a chain.

I saw a story about a girl who's family left her dog in the backyard one afternoon and when they came to bring him inside, their dog was gone and a PETA flyer on chaining up dogs was left next to the doghouse. In many areas, what the PETA members did was illegal. I know where I live, as long as they have a dog house, water, and a closed off yard or they're chained up, you can leave your dog outside. These people clearly loved their dog, but unfortunately... their dog was probably euthanized that day.

And you see, that's what pisses me off about PETA nowadays.........they're sensationalist. They blow things out of proportion ALL THE F**KING TIME. And while granted many of the things they do are for the animals that can't be saved (those with horrific tumors and the like), they often assume things that they shouldn't.

Ugh, I just don't get what's so lacking in COMMON. F**KING. SENSE. Even the ASPCA doesn't take most animals right away; they get information first and come back later when they're 100% certain that abuse is present to take the animals to safety.

Oh and Masterkegan.........They got on everyone's case about hunting, no matter how ethical and humane the killing is. There was a video of a man hunting hogs in Texas (which, in case you weren't aware, is literally OVERRUN with the damn things) and if I remember correctly, he was using a .30-30. The man took a hog down, clean one hit kill, the thing didn't even twitch after it was shot. It was dead. And it was posted on PETA's website demonizing the man for 'killing a harmless pig' (it was taken down a while ago, but I remember the video clearly). Yeah, tell 'em they're 'harmless' to the people who have to suffer property damage and can't even leave their homes for fear of being attacked.\\

Here's the video in question (took some searching but I found it): Video

Watch the pig drop like a rock, then read some of the comments demonizing him. You'll see what I mean

Back
Top Bottom