Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the King's service (wolvenrogue and nightsorceress)

I am certain your other two goals will come true as well. How many children do you want my dear? You do realize that once there are children your days as a warrior are done. How does that make you feel. Will you miss your former life? What will you miss most?

Aurora smiled a little to herself thinking some day they could be married and have children. "Well i grew up as an only child, so think i would like at least two children. It can be lonely by yourself when no one is around to play." Aurora paused a moment to think about what she will miss. "Part me thinks i will always miss my former life, every part of it. It hard to explain, there was just such a sense of community, and freedom. I mean for instance, you have to tell a lie to slip a way for a few days where as with us there was no lies like that."

"Oh my dear... the lie was for your sake." A king never need explain himself. You should know this! You, as a princess should know this. I told the lie so that no one would think it strange that a princess should spend her time in the chambers of the King. I offered to introduce you, but you wished instead to wait. The lie was required to grant you that request.

Aurora sighed a little "I know, but it still so strange to me, I mean the only real reason I am hiding here is cause I don't have apperate clothes to to be seen in your court. You don't think that is a little bit restrictive? People will judge you, and under mind you, simply because in there eyes i look nothing like a princess should, they will probably think i was your whore, instead of having an understanding hearts and minds."

The king laughed. "You know, you are probably right, my dear. Let me ask you, when you were a warrior princess how did you dress? How did your father the King dress? Did you wear common clothes? Did you not have servants and finery? Didn't your people expect that of you? They do here. They want a king they can admire.

Aurora shook her head. "No they expected a princess that could relate to them, to understood there struggles everyday, and to be able to help them what ever way i could. I didn't have servants, no one to dress me, in fact I know how to make my own clothes. I held there respect just for that fact, not because of my title. I was their guide, not a ruler. I was just like them"

"We have been living in diferent worlds my dear." the king said. He was puzzled by what she said. What kind of country did she come from anyway. "you know its odd, you said you knew court ettiquete but it seems your court must have been quiet different than mine. Where is your kingdom. Instead of staying here, we shall go and visit it. I want to see this kingdom with my own eyes.
The king summoned Esmarelda to his chambers. " We have had a change of plans, Aurora and I will visit her kingdom these next few days. Summon my driver and have him ready the carriage, and help Aurora pack our bags. This will be quite an adventure. I cant wait."

He turned to Aurora, and kissed her. You are quite a different princess my dear.

Aurora was a little shocked when he said he wanted to visit where she had come she thought that he would not want to leave the comforts of where he lived. Before she had a chance to say anything The few things she had were packed and they were on there way towards a new adventure for him.

It took days from them arrive but it allowed them time together however their journey was a rather bumpy one. As they approached a forest the carriage stopped. "we will have to go the rest of the way on foot, are you up for that?"

The king laughed and said "I may be old, but I'm not dead nor am I weak. I walk anywhere you will and maybe a few places you wouldn't! Lead on my princess." He grabbed a haversack with some food and slung it over his shoulder and took her hand. It was a strange forested land such as he had never seen before. He thought it a wonderful adventure. She kept a fast pace but he was more than up to it. Though he wondered just how deep in the forest this kindom was.

Aurora smiled and headed into the woods. She couldn't believe it she was almost home. Her feet seemed to guide her on her way. As they grew closer her heart seemed to beat in her chest with excitement. She could smell the firers from home in the air.

She glanced at him a few times before they finally made it to a clearing and there was a collection of homes, some looked newer, others seemed to have stood the test of time. In fear area's near the homes there wagons. Decorative and ornate they looked as though they were peoples homes as well. between the homes and the wagons there was about a 100 or so dwelling and room for more if need be.

There large fire in the center of the town, there were people gathered around it talking some people cooking in a large pot over the fire. It was the towns meeting place as well as warmth. Children played as their parents went about their lives. Aurora's gaze skipped over all that though her eyes were fixed on a large one sitting on a slight hill, looking out over the little town. "This is my home" she said softly to him her feet seemed froze in place as she was just so happy to see it again.

"Where is your home? the king asked. " Is your family still here? The king looked around with interest. He wanted to learn about Aurora's home and family. He was happy to see she was excited.

Aurora looked at him her finger pointed to the home on the hill. "My home is that one" She then took his hand. "come meet my people" With that she moved from their spot on the clearing and headed into the town. When the people spotted them at first some starred at her, then a suddenly a voice broke through the silence. "She back!" a voice called. Aurora didn't stop though she just wanted to see her parents again. and soon they were at the far end of the town and at the door of the large house, but she was to nervous to knock.

"well the king said, you are indeed popular with your people" as they waited at the door of her house he asked "are we going in? Isn't this your home? Just then the door opened and a small red headed man with a short beard greeted them. "Aurora! your home! he hugged her and then realizing she had someone with her turned to the king and said whom do i have the pleasure of meeting this fine day? I'm Mick, Aurora's uncle." "I am king Robert Fifth of Monrovia. Its a pleasure to meet you sir."

Aurora looked at Robert. "I don't want to startle them by just walking in" She smiled and then her heart skipped a beat when she saw the door open. She starred at the man that embraced her she hugged him back tightly. "OH Uncle MICK!" she said in excitement. She had a huge smile on her face. "oh my goodness, is my mother and father inside" She looked at her uncle hoping they were home she couldn't wait to see them.

"Sure they are my dear! come and sit down. I'll get them" Mic disappeared to the back of the house. When he returned Two people just as small followed behind. The stood in respect as they entered the room. He waited while Aurora and her parents exchanged hugs and kisses, hoping Aurora would introduce him. He stood smiling quietly as he waited and the three of them exchanged their heartfelt greetings

Aurora sat nervously in the chair she couldn't believe that her parents were ok. when they entered the room, Aurora had all but forgotten about The king as she jumped up and hugged her parents. The three seemed over joyed to see each other again.

"Oh Aurora and can not believe it you are home and safe." Her mother said in a mess of tears. She looked over her daughters shoulder and saw a man standing behind her. "Hello Sir, Thank you for bring my daughter home safely. You are most welcome in this place, My name is Lillian" She looked alot like Aurora, same slender figure, same long hair, overall a very beautiful woman just like her daughter. If people didn't know better, they would say Aurora and her mother were actually sisters.

Good afternoon Ma'am the king said bowing politely. My name is Robert. I am from the kingdom of Monrovia. You have a wonderful daughter whom I love. She is beautiful like yourself, and kind as well. You should be very proud. She came to our country a captive, but has been very brave, She has a good heart. I know that came from you.

Aurora moved from her father to stand next to Robert. She took his hand giving it a gentle squeeze. Her mother watched this and smiled. "Oh she has always had a strong heart and level head that would get her through anything. Well how about you two get settled in rooms and then you can come join us for dinner, I am sure the people are going to want to welcome you home, Aurora I trust you remember where your room is and you can show your guest a room."

Aurora nodded and took Robert by the hand and lead him upstairs. Once upstairs and out of everyones eyes she pulled into a deep passionate kiss. "Thank you for bring me home i am so happy to see my parents again"

Robert returned her kiss. He had not introduced himself as a king to her parents, He wondered if Uncle Mic had told them. BUt he wanted to fit in with the people there. as she did. They each cleaned up and readied themselves for dinner. It was very different for the king but he was liking how informal and fun it all seemed. Still he wanted to respect their traditions and customs. He came downstairs and holding Aurora's hand Bowed to her father. Aurora tells me you are a king, he said. How is the proper way to address you in this kingdom.

Aurora let Robert get settled a moment and she went to change, she wore a skirt that lay on her hips and a shirt that showed her naval, with pieces were in a crimsion color with gold accents. She went down stairs with Robert she couldn't wait to get back to her old ways.

"Liam is just fine, how about you sir, how would you liked to be addressed after all you are a king as well" his brother had told him but he was not going to hold it against the man for hiding it.

I am Robert and that is fine in this company. You treat each other as friends and I find the custom delightful. In my country, they address me as Highness or Sire, it's our custom and what my people expect, but they are not here and it is right to do things as you do. After all, I have come here with three purposes. I wanted to understand Aurora's family and background, to release her and return her free to you, and finally to ask for her hand in marriage as my queen, not because she is a princess, but because I love her more than myself. I fell in love with her as my servant girl the moment our eyes met. Since then, i have thought of no other.

Liam had the over all look of a tough man who spent years of fighting and working hard but when Robert had stated he wanted to marry Aurora it seemed to knock the wind out of him. "Marriage? well i guess the best course of action would be for you to get to know her world and see if it truly something you would want to take away from her" With that Liam left the two standing there.

Aurora looked at Robert with a sigh. She didn't know if he had picked up on the fact that her father was not happy with the idea of marriage, but she wasn't going to point that out. "well we should continue on to the party?"

Robert whispered in her ear" I dont think your father is happy, perhaps we should take a brief walk" He lead her outside hoping to have a moment in private, but the were surrounded by her old friends. Robert waited patiently while Aurora, took time to greet each one. Finally after what seemed like an hour, her mother came out and patted her daughters arm to get her attention.

Aurora was so happy to see so many of her friends. Some of them were now married with children. She tried to make her way back to Robert however every time she did another friend would appear. She looked at him smiling softly. When her mother appeared she looked to her but that was quickly changed as the music started to play and one of her friends grabbed her arm and dragged her away to dance.

Lillian stood next to Robert. "She was greatly missed while she was gone. Come lets get you something to eat, and drink and lets talk." Lillian lead him to a table, and then went to get him food. When she reappeared she had a large plate of food and a glass of wine. "enjoy"

"Thank you kindly Maam, My name is Robert. You have a lovely and talented daughter, and a lovely home, indeed a lovely country. I love your daughter very much, and I believe, if you ask her she will say that she loves me. As I have told Leam, I have come to your fine country for three purposes, first and formost to return your daughter to you free. As you may know, she was bound and sold as a slave and through a string of circumstances ended up in my service. Since the day I laid eyes on her, I have loved her. I could give her no greater gift than to return her to freedom, and you. Second, I wanted to meet you and her father and her friends. It was obvious to me she had a rich heritage which I wanted to see for myself. Third, I am here to ask you for her hand in marriage. In this last I am completely at your mercy. Depending on your decision, I will return to my country a man of either great joy or great sorrow. As you have likely observed, I am of much greater age than your daughter, however this is because I have sought a bride that was both worthy of me, and that I loved with my whole fiber. In 20 years of seaching, and hundreds of women considered, only your daughter has met those requirements. She is remarkable indeed, and you are justly proud. Should you deny my request I will likely live and die a single, and broken man." Robert said his peace, his eyes never leaving hers, then waited quietly for her reply, as he ate the food she provided.

Back
Top Bottom