Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mercs OOC Chatter

Okay, now that we got that our of our systems, let's talk business. We've discussed things like posting order, plot, and such, so here's what we've managed to come up with so far:

- Posting order is alphabetical by user name, generally, though there will be occasions where order will need to be broken in order to maintain the flow of the story. Also, in the Ranch, it's not such a set in stone rule, as that area is really made more for freeform fun than anything. What we really want to aim for, though, is not having posts that leave anyone hanging. Try your best not to leave scenes open, if possible, making people have to wait a day, or days at a time, for a reply, leaving them in limbo until you post. If you think you can't complete a scene, find a creative way to remove yourself from the action so others can keep it flowing. Of course, we all understand that this isn't always possible, so it's probably best if we do allow each other a small measure of permission to move characters out of the action if needed when we can't be here.

- Everyone has a right to contribute something plotwise. It not only takes some of the work off of me, but gives all of us a measure of creative control in the story. If you have an idea, don't be afraid to share it. If you want to write out a creative scene about what you do to a couple of badguys, have fun with it. What this basically means is, while I will be often giving you guys a story to follow and enemies to fight, you are more than capable of throwing in some of your own for flavor as well rather than always waiting for me to place them for you.

- If for any reason someone has to take a break, just let us know so we can figure out something to do with your character while you're away. If you wish to leave the role-play, offer the same courtesy and tell people ahead of time so something can be arranged to allow you reentry at a later date if you wish to rejoin. Basically, don't just disappear, people. Tell someone what's going on so they don't wait days for you to post something and get nothing. Let us know so those of us who are remaining active can keep things going, please. That's all I ask.

And these are pretty much the guidelines I have for now. I'm sure more will come to me, and I'll post them as I do, but for the moment, this is it. Any ideas you may have and any input you can offer are always appreciated, so please, share your thoughts.

Hey what about NPCs. people to interact with (within boundaries) like a cook of caretaker or ppl like that?

Ok got it
;3

This makes posting quite a bit easier though
<_<;;;

Hi, your rp looks pretty interesting. ^^

Have room for another? ... What do you guys have space for, position-wise? Don't wanna have too many of the same roles. Right? ><

Well, there's always room for other characters not necessarily on the team. Possible temporary spots to be filled and such, and I'm all for the prospect of having guest players to fill those roles.

And a revision to the posting order rule: We're only going to be using posting order in larger groups when we have a lot of players on at the same time. Otherwise, posting will still be a bit freeform. The only rule that's really active at all times for posting, is if your post is dependent on someone else's, then you obviously have to wait for them to post first. Otherwise, just have fun with it guys.

Characters not on the team?... So like someone the team engages then? Or some opposing force? What did you have in mind?

Well, still working out the details on that. Honestly, this thing just started, and grew very, very quickly, so I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment, and might actually open it up for other teams to come in and have their own threads, and possibly cross them over from time to time.

Now, onto another concern. It seems we've kind of taken over BMR chat with this RP and all of the buzz it's creating, and in the interest of not chasing off people who do not play or are not interested in playing the game, I have created a sub-channel under my personal channel. My channel is [Scotty Rage] Anger Management. The Mercs Chat sub-channel will be found listed under that. There is no password, allowing interested players to come in and discuss the RP as well.

For those who don't know how to get on Mumble, check the link on pretty much every page of BMR that says "Official Blue Moon Voice Chat" and follow the directions. It's pretty simple, and very handy.

Considering this was only recently brought up, it seems the idea of guest characters like villains was a cool idea mentioned in the BMR chat. The question would be when to fit them in. What the tech like if I may ask, because depending on that will determine the type of character I just might develop.​

Okay, so I've been thinking a bit, and might look into doing something like opening some different threads for different areas of The Ranch, so that each area has its measure of privacy and RP posts aren't getting all mixed up and all over each other. Of course for events that affect the whole place, we would have to watch all the threads a bit.

Secondly, I was also thinking that since so many people are showing interest lately in this, we could possibly have another team out there, sometimes allies, often rivals perhaps, sent after the same group, though a different branch or something, as the current group is already quite large and is going to be difficult to keep up with.

Let's hear some feedback and opinions about this...

If it helps any, I envisioned Sara as being a more stay at the Ranch style character as opposed to someone who needed to be out in the field with them on jobs.

Well my first thing is that if we're going to be doing the raid for supplies for the cars, let's shoot for getting some new needed material? Tools, a mac truck, and definitely new parts. If we're going to go to it, let's go to it right. >:3

As I just stated in the chat I had an idea to play a former Wildcard member gone freelance/villain. Overall just need to figure out how long the group existed, maybe establish relations to some of the other members to make this interesting. Hell could be signaled in via pm by Scotty to make a debut after the mission or near the end to steal the job.

All good Lusty. ^_^ And Sano, we'll get everyone to pipe in about how long they've been around. Let's figure overall Ace has had the team for about a year, though there have likely been a few roster changes over the course of that year with the occasional death or someone leaving and being replaced by another. So some of them will know you, and some won't obviously. :D

Scotty Rage said:
All good Lusty. ^_^ And Sano, we'll get everyone to pipe in about how long they've been around. Let's figure overall Ace has had the team for about a year, though there have likely been a few roster changes over the course of that year with the occasional death or someone leaving and being replaced by another. So some of them will know you, and some won't obviously. :D

That is unless we did that idea of the characters knowing each other before Wildcards and were a duo who took contracts.

Apologies to everyone for the delay. I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to get their business handled before trying to move the story along, but there is now a new post in the IC section for you. For those who still need to join us, this is last call. And Sano, we need to talk about your guy ASAP, even though he won't quite be making an appearance yet.

Hey guys, progress has really slowed in the RP and not a lot of people responded to Ace's call to get ready for the mission. In addition to that, it's been a little while since the call itself.

So, I want to put out a roll call.

Who's around, interested, and able to post fairly steadily once the mission itself starts?

EDITED FOR KARA: SOUND OFF LIKE YA GOT A PAIR!
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBfZ4Jj09Fc&feature=related[/video]

What not gonna say sound off?

No fun!

Anyways I'm still here and willing.

Edited for Fades:

SIR YES FUCKING SIR!

Back
Top Bottom