Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Vampire Mistress (Silver117xpunkrockartist91)

"I'm glad to hear that. He doing his best to see you as the same kid he wants to protect. Even as we speak." Jack said to her. it made him wonder if he knew what he was doing, keeping her closed up like this, but this was her older brother. He didn't want to muddle in this, but something was just egging him on to. "What did he tell you about boys, or even men perhaps?" he asked curiously. "Allie, you in there?" Andrew called out. Jack instantly let go of her so suspictions wouldn't be aroused.

She opened her mouth to speak but hearing her brother, she turned around and smiled. "Yes! I finished picking the weeds out of the maze." she sounded so happy and cheerful when her brother was around. Her smile was big, almost as if Jack holding her never happened.

"Ah, detective. Found everything you need to find in here?" Andrew asked Jack, but instead of showing the chloroform bottle, he just shook his head. He still wasn't sure about him. A few more clues was a must. "I'll be heading out now. Allie, I intrust you to keep this talk silent for a while." He said and then left. Curious about what he said, Andrew turns to her. "What talk?" he simply asked her.

A bottle of cloroform swiped from Shawn and Elizabeth, Maxs' gun, cloves of garlic covered in red food coloring from the chefs just to scare Jack, and poision drinks from dinner last night. This was getting out of hand. Jack was deep in thought about all this until he bumped into someone. "Miss. Adelay, sorry, didn't see you there" he said to her.

Allie looked at her brother and shrugged. She loved her brother but secrets were to be kept. Afterall, this was really important to everyone to get this mystery solved. "So," she stated happily. Grabbing her bright purple garden gloves. "Did you finish digging he holes so we can plant the new flowers?" Her small figure skipped out of the cabin.

Adelay looked up at him. Her face emotionless. "That's quite alrigt. You seem to be deep in thought." Her voice was soft and she stood infront of him. After the talk with Mercedes earlier, she had finished her paper work and went to seek him out to get more answers.

Andrew looked at his sister as she skipped out. He had to know what was up. It could help Jack with the investigation, if any. "Hold it Allie. You know how I don't like secrets. So tell me what's up." He tells her. He didn't realize it, but Adelays words were right when she said he was treating her like a kid.

"Well, yeah, I was wondering what item our blackmail would use next to kill me. From what i found in the men's bedrooms help me narrow the field down." He tells her. He takes her hand so he could take her to a private room. No one need to hear this, not even the twin in which he trusted the most in this case.

She stopped and frowned before she turned around to face him. Her eyes were so big and sad. "Andrew....I can't. I know you don't like secrets but I can't tell you right now. I think Jack is almost done with the case..." Her frown slowly turned into a smile.

Adelay followed the human detective to a private room. After letting go of his hand, she folded her arms over her chest and looked at him intently. "Well then," she started. "What did you find?"

"I don't care. Whose to say that he isn't? that he's just goofing off and just telling you that just you make you happy. I've told you before about guys like those. I think it be best to stay in the cabin for I while. I'll pot the flowers for you." He said as if it was an order. He walks out ahead of her not really want to listen to her response. Just like an overly protective brother would act like.

Jack shows her the empthy bottle of the chemical and smiled. "I'm guessing Mercedes had told you my theory. Well if it's stays true, then I have narrowed the list of suspects to four people. Your head butler, male cleaner, female driver and male gardener." He said refering to Logan, Shawn, Clarie, and Andrew. "They all got hard motives and it swarms around you. I'll be spending the entire dinner time searching the maids' quarters and your study. they're the final places that can help wrap this case up." He added.

Allie watched him walk passed her and frowned deeper. That wasn't fair! Balling her hands into fists, she turned and headed back into the cabin, slamming the wooden door shut behind her.

Adelay nodded."Alright then. When you piece everything together, let me know so I can make sure everyone is gathered together." her index finger tapped lightly against her arm while her arms were still folded. "What did you find in the male rooms?"

"Besides my near death experience?" Jack joked hoping to atleast crack a smile, but had the feeling that it wasn't going to happen. He explained about the old photo in Logan's room and the hateful letters Shawn has been writting. "I found this in the gardeners cabin." he said holding the bottle. With out warning a loud knock was on the door followed by a note slipped underJack rushed over to see whose there, but all he saw was air. Now mad, he picked up the note and read it. Once again it was letters from cut-up newspapers and magazines.

"Last warning detective! Leave my Meal Ticket alone! You got til noon tomorrow to quit the case or the lives of her and everyone here will not be safe!" it read.

Adelay listened to him and thought about the findings he had described. They all seemed to be important enough to judge every one of them. But she knew they couldn't do that. When the knock on the door was heard, she watched Jack pick up the slip of the note. "Well, I think someone knew we were here."

"Looks like I got to work overtime. And I was so hoping to get to sleep with...my pillow." he said nearly saying one of the female servents. "I'll be heading to the maid quarters right now. You becareful and tell that to the others as well." He said heads off. Now with a time limit, he had to act fast.

Once there, he head to the first room closest to him. He opens the door just to see someone sleeping. The snoring gave that away. Looking over he saw that the sleeping girl was Clarie. It's bad enough that he chased her this morning, now to snoop around her room. All hell could break loose if she wakes up and sees him.

Claire groaned and turned in her sleep, her arm laid over and off the bed and in her sleep, she dropped her hat on the floor. She curled up a bit in her sleep, her knees bent and her legs pulled close to her. She faced him in her sleep but soft snores escaped her mouth and nose.

He walked around her room as quietly as possible, trying his best not to wake her. He looked everywhere and found some intresting things. If she hated guns, then why did he see some weapons in her room? Examining it closer, a revelation came to him. Gathered all the wepons he could find and hid them in another area of her room. A sigh of relief making a small trap, it it was broken when he made a loud sneeze.

Claire shot her eyes open. Quick as lightening she sat up in the bed and growled at him. "Why the hell are you in here? Spreading your nasty germs all over the place." Getting ready to stand up, she noticed the collectable katana she had on her desk was missing. "What did you do with my stuff?" All in all Claire was a bit OCD when it came to her things. Especially her room. She grew up with boys. So she had trained herself to make sure no boy touched anything in her room what so ever. And if she did, she'd beat them up for it.

This was the last thing Jack needed. It was him verses Claire part two. He glare matched hers as he simply shrugged his shoulder. "What stuff?" he lied but kept a calm face. He could tell that she was ready to chase him, if not try to beat him to a pulp. "Such a cold look for someone whose hates violence of any kind." he mocked her remembering her motive from earlier today. He could sense it very easily. He wan't going to get out of this that easily.

She snorted. It was very unlady like. "Threatening or beating up someone and killing someone are two different things. Atleast you'll be left breathing." She said carelessly. Her purple eyes moved around the room, her eye brows knitted together when she noticed a few things out of place. "Fix it." It was a command as she moved her eyes back on him, her hard glare never faltering.

"Piss off." he replied to her. He was a detective, not a servent and wasn't really in the peace keeping type of move. He eyes didn't falter as well as hers. His hands were itching for a brawl. He didn't feel any shame dueling a woman, he wasn't a gentleman afterall. "If you think you can make me submit, then just bring it." he said with a smirk on his face.

Claire rolled her eyes. "Stop being a child. You're the one who obviously made the mistake of waking me and you were the one who mixed up my shit. Now being a man and put them back." Her teeth were bared like a dog and her nose was wrinkled. She was getting highly pissed off and irritated. If someone didn't barge in here and try to keep the peace, she would tackle this poor excuse of a man down to the ground immediantly.

Being a child? He working on saving peoples life and trying to stop a twisted blackmailer, and she's calling him a child? "You sorry excuse for a woman. I have my reasons. And I don't feel like talking. He got close to her. Eye to eye, nose to nose. Just waiting for the fireworks to start. A brow was soon arched as he begin twitching his nose. It was an odor he recongized before. He didn't show a smile on his face as he took a step back. "It's in the closet." he said as he heads to her door. "I suggest you carry that with you at all times, espically tomorrow morning." he tells her and exits her room.

She frowned, looking up at him with her eyebrow raised. What's with him now? Gets close and backs away. Ugh. Coward! "Fine." She stated and waited for him to leave before going to her closet and opened it. Getting the things that he took away to hide, she grumbled to herself and slammed the closet door, arranging her room the way it was.

Jack saw no need to go to the other rooms. This case was nearly in the bag. Only one or two pieces to put together and he would hand Adlay her blackmailer on a silver platter. He sees Elizabeth come out of her room. From the looks of things, she finished showering and yet her eyes looked like she was on cloud nine. "Miss. Elizabeth, you look more cheerful then usual. Is everything alright?" he asked her nice ly before showing her one of her cleaning bottles. "I'm afraid you're completely empty of this." he frowned.

Elizabeth smiled at him, though she didn't tell him why she was so happy. Looking at the bottle, her smile slowly turned into a frown. "We weren't empty of that yesterday. Who used it?" She questioned, reaching to take the bottle from his hand just to see if it truely was empty.

"Our blackmailer. I can tell you now that you're innocent and I know who the blackmailer is. Can you do a small favor though." He said and took out his mini notebook. He began to write something and then rip the page off it. "Give this to Miss Adelay, and by all means, don't read it." He said trusting her. He nod his head to her and went to find Logan.

Logan was pouring Adelay her favorite bottle of blood as he looks at her. "That's what the letter said. Oh dear. Well not to worry, mi'lady. I swore an oath to defend you to the end, and I shall" he said corking to bottle.

Elizabeth fingered the note in her hand before folding it an extra time and placing it into the breast of her dress. She didn't want to trust anyone with sticking their hands in her pockets of her apron. Turning, she headed for a few of the places Adelay would be. Currently, the woman was in her room with the twins as they played with random toys. Adelay was sitting in a chair, reading over some very old looking papers and books. Closing the door lightly behind her, she walked deeper into the slightly dark room, saved for the dim lit lights and candles. Only to realize that Logan was there.

Adelay looked at Elizabeth. "Yes. What is it?" Elizabeth smiled softly. "I came to clean your room, my lady. I didn't realize that the room was not empty." Adelay brought her glass of blood to her lips and sipped at it, eyeing her to make sure if she was lieing or not.

"I already did that, As you can see, the twins are only allowed to play here once it is spotless." He said holding the blood bottle. He soon turns to Adelay and bows before her before leaving the room. I cold glare came between him and Elizabeth. It was because he knew about her feeling for that slacker, Shawn. Once the door closed, the twins begin walking around Elizabeth and chuckle. "What's you hiding?" they both smirked.

Back
Top Bottom