Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Useless Trivia!

In Marion, Oregon, you cannot eat a doughnut and walk backwards on a city street.

Also in Oregon, it is illegal to clean a corpse in a graveyard during the day. It is also illegal to sell anyone under the age of 18. Oh, and it's illegal to whistle underwater in Portland.

Yeah, we've got a lot of weird laws in Oregon. I could go on and on... XD

Alaska law says that you can't look at a moose from an airplane.

In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal.

In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping.

Spiral staircases in medieval castles are running clockwise. This is because all knights used to be
right-handed. When the intruding army would climb the stairs they would not be able to use their right hand which was holding the sword because of the difficulties of climbing the stairs. Left-handed knights would have had no troubles, except left-handed people could never become knights because it was assumed that they were descendants of the devil.

*scratches his head and wonders if he could become a knight that was descended from the devil, since he is ambidextrous*

Useless fact of the day: The toothbrush was invented by a prisoner

Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower', because in the time when all original print had to be set in individual letters, the 'upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters. The proper term for upper case letters is "majuscule" and for lower case it's "minuscule".

The tattoo gun was originally created by Thomas Edison. He called it the Electric Pen and created it as a more effective way to write on paper. It bombed. A tattoo artist by the name of Percy Waters took it and patented it as a tattoo gun.

The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." uses every letter in the alphabet. It was developed by Western Union to test telex/twx communications.

Fredric Baur invented the Pringles can. When he passed away in 2008, his ashes were buried in one.

In 1939, Hitler's nephew wrote an article called "Why I Hate My Uncle." He came to the U.S., served in the Navy, and settled on Long Island. (A Hitler that had his shit together! Woohoo!)

The Pop Rocks candy (the one with the reputation of killing the eater if combined with Coca-Cola) is made by pressing hot sugar and carbon dioxide together at six hundred pounds per square inch. The gas combines with the sugar, forms bubbles, and solidifies. When a person sucks on the candy, it liquefies again, causing the bubbles to POP!

^ I'm going to give this a try and see if it works.

A person cannot taste food unless it is mixed with saliva. For example, if a strong-tasting substance like salt is placed on a dry tongue, the taste buds will not be able to taste it. As soon as a drop of saliva is added and the salt is dissolved, however, a definite taste sensation results. This is true for all foods.

Back
Top Bottom