Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue with thread count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Raven

Supporter
Supporter
I'm not entirely sure it is titled right but the thread itself seems to have an additional post than it actually does. The thread Muse of a Nobody found here At this exact moment (12/30/2010 @ 11:50pm) there are seven pages listed, but when you click the page seven link it reads "This thread doesn't exist." Which leads me to believe there is something that is making the threads go to the next page one post prematurely. It has been happening often in this topic only but I don't understand why. I have been ignoring it since the switch to this newer version of blue moon, however it is becoming irritating. I am wondering if I am alone in this problem or is it something that is just going on and does it have a solution?

I'm also having problems with this happening on random threads. Doesn't cause too much of a problem if I go into the forum and click on in it, however if I access a thread without going into the sub forums it usually comes up.

Sorry for posting in here if it annoys you btw, figured a separate thread was pointless if there's one up already.

Far as I know this is a glitch that sometimes occurs when you've reached the end of a page on threads. And also, far as I know, there's not much that can be done about it. Anyway, I do believe that the 7th page just doesn't quite exist yet as the last poster's post is the final one for page 6. Just post as normal and page 7 will then exist, with that next post being the first one for page 7. All posts should be viewable, so nothing is lost. Have heart. :)

I know nothing is lost during it I just didn't know if it was a bug that needed reporting, or if it was just a glitch like you were saying. I figured it best to draw attention to it just in case it could have been something that might have 1. Missed the eyes of the admin, and 2. Been something that could eventually become a major problem (latent virus or something). Thanks for the input though.

@Enlightened: No problem. It is logical to use the same forum if you have the same question it doesn't clutter the threads and makes it easy for someone with the same problem to already find the answers.

if it's okay for me to offer my input, my theory may be that if there has been any post that was deleted for any reason, the thread might recognize "this thread has been posted in x times" and thus make a new page, while the actual number of showing posts doesn't reach that new page.

just guessing. :p

Yeah I thought that could have been an issue as well Minxx. Though with the sites I used to run I never encountered that issue. I thought it might have been a bug so I thought I would report it just to see if it was something small, or if it was something worse hidden inside the site. I do suppose it could be the an post deletion issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom