Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rivals for Jugger

Getting up, Nathan closed his suitcase, not even bothering to pack whatever stuff he had left. Sighing, he opened the window and looked down to see how high up he was. Shaking the rain off of him, he began to climb down the drain pipe to her gutters until he fell to the ground with ease. Looking back up to his room once more, he began to walk off toward his house.

It wasn't until hours later did Jenna come up stairs to see if Nathan was still alive, when she noticed he had left. She had sat there for a long time, resting in his bed letting her eyes water but refusing to cry over something like this. He wanted to leave and she had no right to stop him from going home, Jenna slept there that night. Letting her body relax as she planned for her day tomorrow.

No word from Nathan had came the next day. He stayed locked in his house, waiting for the phone call about the hospital to see how his mother was doing...though he had heard nothing. "No news is good news..." He muttered to himself as he sat in the empty house, watching TV from the sofa.

Jenna had decided it was best for Nathan to stay by himself, having gone to school she had taken quiet the turn for herself there. Having accepted an offer for a date later that night, when she got home she went about her normal routine of homework and chores. Afterward, she readied for her date, making herself up before bring over the plate of food for Nathan. Setting it down she rang the doorbell before heading to her car to go to the movies.

Nathan did not answer the door. He stayed on the couch, watching TV...if it were his mother...she'd just open the door with her keys...If it was Jenna...he didn't want to see her...he was so hungry, but he didn't care...he didn't care about a lot of things right then."

When Jenna got home that night she checked to see if the plate was taken, seeing that he hadn't even touched it, she grabs it and heads home. Spending the night doing some studying and thinking about what she was going to do about all this.

Nathan eventually gets up from where he lay. Tired...he wants to head to bed, but instead he goes outside for a walk. It was dark, but he didn't care. He left the house after changing into some clean clothes and began to walk around the block, boredly and still feeling down. "This whole mess is my fault to begin with..." He muttered to himself. "I was being a dick to her in school and she ended up getting mom in the hospital..."

"That's what I have to do than....I'm going to see his mother," she gave a nod deciding that it was the only way she could truly learn and respect the disease he had. Getting dressed she left a note for her mother and headed out for her car, hoping in she took a deep breath before starting the car and heading out.

Nathan sits on a park bench, waiting as time goes by. He sits there idly without anything to do...he's like a zombie waiting for death. Meanwhile at the hospital, Nathan's mother was asleep but their family doctor was working to make sure things were in order for the woman. She hadn't progressed nor had a failing condition since she came in, though it was uncertain when she'd wake up.

She had gone to the hospital waiting for Nathan's mom to wake up but to no avail, she had been waiting for a long time. Looking over her face she frowned at the woman, "I'm sorry that your here, I never wanted this to happen. I truly love your son, but I need your guidance, and....well I don't know what to do. What can I do to make him happy?" she frowned looking over the cold woman, a tear running down her face, in hopes that she would know.

"He's just...trying to accept the fact that he's going to eventually die in a year...please, you must understand how he feels...If you truly want to make him happy, you must do what you think is right, my son talks about you all the time, even if it isn't pleasant moments he talks about, he still does...he cares for you...Gah..." She held her head. "Go please...I need my rest if I want to get outta here alive."

Jenna couldn't help but smile at what the mother had said, he did care for her and she cared for him. Rushing out of the hospital she got in her car heading out to his house. She had to apologize to him and make things right with the man that had been so mystery in his affection for her. Pulling up to his house she knocked on his door "Nathan! Nathan please let me in!"

The house she had come to was dead empty. No one inside, not a soul. Nathan was asleep on a park bench, the very one he had been to this whole time. His face cluttered in silent tears to know he would die alone.

With a frown she sat and waited, her eyes looking at every little thing while the night passed her by, soon she was too worried about her love. Rushing around to her car she hoped in starting to look around for her long time friend. Soon she came to the park looking around the area to her horror she found him, lying on a bench eyes closed. "Nathan!" Jenna jumped out of the car heading over to him quickly.

Upon hearing his name being shouted, he slowly opened his eyes and wiped them so he could see more clear. Getting up slowly, he looked at her with confusion. "Jenna...? What...what're you doin out here...?"

Jenna didn't say much she just rushed to him, falling to her knees in front of him she moved his face down to meet hers kissing him fully on the lips before breaking from him. "Nathan I don't care about anything that you said, and I know that your scared..but I want to be with you, spend every moment I can to make your last year your best year...I love you Nathan too much to let you slip away," she confessed to him.

Nathan was surprised to the kiss she had given him...it was...fantastic. Hearing her words, he smiled weakly to her, though he was still tired and just wanted to drop into a deep sleep until morning, he stayed awake. "Thank you Jenna...I owe you so much in so little time." He said chuckling to her as he lay back. "Sadly...I wish I knew when my death would come...the doctors said that eventually my nerves will just stop and I'll just drop dead....no warnings or anything...just...drop."

Jenna listened calmly to him letting him speak about his thoughts of the future and what it would bring, without answering him she curled up on him. Making herself comfortable, her jacket pulled tight to fight the night breeze that was threatening to bite at her skin. She wanted him to know that no matter what she would be there, that no matter when she would stand by him.

Feeling her hug, he felt warmer as he hugged her back, though he sat up. "Cmon...lets head home...We shouldn't be out here this late at night...its way too cold." He said as he stood up, helped her up, and walked her to the car. Going in the passenger's seat, he sat back and closed his eyes as he tried to rest.

"Where do you want to go Nathan? Home?" she asked looking to him calmly, her eyes looking to the road while she drove her body calmer than when she had first saw him in the park. She felt better to have him with her in the car, though she hoped he wouldn't smell Rick's cologne to much, not wanting to explain why it was in her car.

Though Nathan did smell something interesting about the car but he didn't say anything. "Lets just go home...I'm tired and want to lay with my lover..." He said smiling to her, still trying to wonder why there was this weird smell in the car. He figured it was probably her new perfume or something...but it didn't smell like something she would wear.

"Okay, would you like to spend the night at my house or yours?" she asked nearing her home, her eyes noticing her moms car still not in the drive way. Pulling into her driveway she looked at him waiting for his answer, glad that he wasn't seeming to take notice of the new smell in the car.

Nathan didn't answer, he sat there sniffing the air. He figured out what the smell was. "Who...was in your car earlier?" He said as he turned to look at her, feeling worried.

Jenna froze at his question, her head turning to look at him she gave a soft nonchalant smile to her dearest friend. "Uh....well Rick was here earlier," she tried to act as though it was no big thing, that he simply had needed a ride or something not wanting to tell him that she had gone out with the jock.

"Rick huh...well...what'd he need from you to be in your car...?" He said as he sat back in the seat, not looking at her, instead looking straight out the windshield.

Back
Top Bottom