Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Torrid x Jugger

"The first day you came to my home, you hit me. I do not think you are truly that type of man.. why you'd do something like that is beyond me. You seem cruel and unfeeling, but I do not think that is you either. Why one would pretend so much is beyond me." As she watched out the window, she thought that they must be approaching the bar soon. It felt like they'd been riding forever.

"Truthfully then Tanna, know that it pained me even more to hit such a beautious woman but I had to drive you away to Nathan. He was searching for elves in the woods, though everyone knew you didn't know about him so...we all used you as bait. Regretably I had to do it, and well...thigns led to another until this happened." He said as he looked at her, explaining it all.

"How could you sure that I'd flee? and for that matter how could you be sure that I'd meet with Nathan. It isn't right to meddle in ones life like that. If you all wanted him so bad, knew what he was doing then why not just take care of it as you have now. Why this elaborate ruse?" she frowned slightly. It wasn't their fault she'd fallen for the vampire that lay fully on her shoulders.

"Because we knew you didn't want to get married to a random person, Nathan was the better choice for you. Darian's told me how much fun you've had with him, and that was right on the money like we said...though, we didn't expect him to truly fall in love with you. He admitted it at the end which is why we spared him. He's human now, his demonic half gone and now he is a pure vessel."

"A murdering vampire was a better choice for me?" she shook her head. "You and the elf lord meddle entirely to much." Nathan was a human now? Admitted to loving her? She hung her head at that. This has to have been the most overwhelming day of her life, and it wasn't even over yet.

Erryon sighed. "It was the only way to actually draw out Nathan from his hiding place. I also couldn't have taken him out at the bar when I had the chance, and Ichiro was far too busy. Please forgive me Tanna."

"Yeah sure" she said in response to his asking for forgiveness. She had no idea what she was going to do once the bus hit the bar. Did she want to stay? Did she want to go back to elf land, even if that meant having to marry Erryon or did she want to leave all of it behind.

Erryon smiled and patted her shoulder. "Arrangements have been made, you don't have to marry against your will because of what we did. You can return to your life if you wish, and even feel safe knowing you won't be forced to marry."

Tanna felt as though she was going to be sick, this whole situation had been outrageous. But in the long run, she could go home if she wanted. "I see, well that's good" The more she thought about home, the better it sounded. But if Nathan wasn't dead.. she had to talk to him first.

The car ride was awkward the rest of the way, but eventually they came to a stop outside the bar. Darian, Ichiro, and Erryon got their things and got off, though Darian and Ichiro unloaded the coffin from out of the back and began to bring it inside the bar.

The three women walked behind them, to anyone looking on it would have seemed like a strange funeral. Three men carrying a coffin and three women overloaded with packs trailing behind them. Tanna knew that Nathan was in that coffin, and it really freaked her out. He was alive in there, just waiting to be let out.

Darian and Ichiro just dropped the coffin when they got into the bar. Erryon took his usual seat at Table Six and put the hood over his head like he usually did whenever he came in.

"Well, he's still got some time before he's ready to come out, so lets just wait a bit." Darian said to Tanna before helping everyone unload their stuff.

Tanna walked over to Erryon and looked at him "The bar isn't even open, why are you hiding?"

Mercy and Esme went into the back room to put their belongings away, but they noticed that Tanna held onto hers as if she were unsure whether or not she intended to stay or go.

"Who says I'm hiding? I just like the idea of a mysterious character in a bar."

Darian walked over to Tanna and laid a hand on her shoulder. "Tanna...I know this must be hard for you...but you must make a decision when he comes out of that coffin. Will you forgive him and go back to the life you once had with him...or will you go back to elven land?"

For the first time since everything happened Tanna laughed, "yes you're so mysterious Erryon."

When Darian approached her, she frowned at the coffin. "I will hear what he has to say. And I will make my decision, do not worry about anything. I can handle it."

Erryon smiled and walked over to the coffin once it stopped glowing. "Oh no! He's dead!" He said in a sarcastic voice as he popped the lid open, revealing a less pale Nathan sleeping soundly inside the coffin. Darian walked over and grabbed a bottle of water before pouring some of it on Nathan, who jumped to the feel of it. Surprised, he looked around but then felt his chest, his heart was beating and his blood flowing. "W-What...?"

Tanna watched as the coffin opened, she looked down at Nathan. Confused wasn't a strong enough word to describe how she felt. He was a human now, he'd die eventually and she'd go on living. His skin had taken on a new tone he looked better than she could ever remember and her heart flipped in her chest. "looks like you got a bit of sun there Stone."

Upon hearing Tanna, he looked over with an overjoyed smile...which quickly was shot down upon hearing her use his last name..."Back to the last name I guess..." He said as he stumbled out of the coffin. Darian moved over to Mercy, Esme, and Ichiro and told them that they should get some private time. Erryon followed after.

"Everyone used me, that includes you. Must have been horrible when you realized I wasn't going to budge on letting you drink my blood again." She wrapped her hands around her stomach and looked at him. "The kicker of it is, I fell in love with you."

Nathan rubbed the back of his head. "True...I did use you at first to get your blood but..." He shook his head. "I fell in love with you as well...though...I still needed your blood if I were to keep on living like a normal vampire could. Without it...I'm just one of those fake folklore vampires that can't go out into the sunlight."

"Nathan, they said you murdered people.. that you were evil. Everything you told me, it was all a lie." She wanted to reach out to him, to be held by him. To feel the warmth he could now give her to feel his heart beating against his chest. But she didn't know if she could do it.

"The past is the past, that happened decades ago. I've changed since then Tanna but..." He turned so he couldn't look at her. "I guess I'm still not the man I wanted to be, the man to be the perfect husband for you..." He mumbled the last bit as he headed for the exit, feeling a pain of guilt in his chest mixed in with sorrow.

She moved after him quickly, grabbing him by the wrist. She couldn't stand to see him walk away, to walk out of her life. To never have him hold her again was too much for her "where do you think you're going Stone?"

"Um...leaving? I've overstayed my welcome in my own home and job, its best if I get out of here and lie in a ditch somewhere." He said before removing her hand from his wrist. He opened the door but didn't go out. HE shuddered at the icy sting of the winter air but shook it off. "You're better off without me Tanna, I hurt you one too many times."

"Nathan please.. if you want to leave we will leave together.. it'd hurt me more if you walked away from me now. Please." If she felt like her heart had been ripped out before when she thought he was dead it was breaking even more so now with him so ready to walk away.

Back
Top Bottom