Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Torrid x Jugger

Esme looked at the pain in shock. "No! I'm not a witch.. one of those people saw me at work. We'd gotten in a new shipment of books. One was a book about witchcraft, I got a phone call about it. Asking me to pull it and set it aside.. I flipped through a couple pages of the book." She sighed a little. "Next thing I know I'm being accused of practicing witchcraft and being pulled out of my apartment. "Who burns witches anymore?"

(Oh.. hmm I don't remember seeing it.)

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu35/Searian_Famell/OldStuff193.jpg

"Times are changing, and besides...things have been becoming a bit of a riot lately. There's been...weird characters going around." He said with a chuckle. The characters he meant were all the abnormal creatures like vampires and elves and all other kinds of creatures.

Tanna laughed "Yeah, to tell you the truth" she said as she pushed her hair aside, exposing her ears "I wouldn't be surprised if the person who called about that book was a witch. It's just to bad you got put in that position." She patted the womans hand.

"We should all get some sleep, we keep weird hours here." She explained "instead of being awake during the day and sleeping at night we sleep during the day and work at night.. and we have to be bright eyed and cheery or the boss gets mad. If you don't mind sleeping multiples in a bed you can crawl in with me and the boss.."

"Or I could turn one of the booths into a bed for you."

Esme stared at the little elf like she'd lost her mind. "I.. I think I'll take the booth."

Darian looked confused. "Wait...so does that mean...nah, we're just sheltering her...right?"

(So sorry for the small post, I couldn't think of much cause I'm preoccupied.)

Tanna shook her head at Darian "That's not up to us" She walked into the bedroom, and to the closet. Pulling out extra blankets and pillows. Bringing them to a booth she set it up like a bed for the shaken woman.

"My name is Tanna, and I'll be in the bed to the right of the door right there if you need anything. We'll get everything figured out this evening" She waited until the woman crawled into the makeshift bed before crawling back into bed beside Nathan.

Nathan woke up feeling Tanna climb back into the bed. He looked at her sleepy and confused as he sat up slightly. "Tanna...? Where'd ya go...? Who's in the bar...?" He said as he didn't see Darian over near Mercy. "Do I smell smoke...?"

"Well.. see what happened was." She glanced out the door "Darian woke up because with his enhanced sense of smell he smelled smoke. I heard him leave and wondered what he was doing, so I followed him." She gave a little shrug then "I caught up to him, and there was a mob in town.. they had a fire going and they were going to burn a woman, claiming she was a witch."

Tanna waved towards the bar "We couldn't just let them burn her alive, she's not a witch. She'd just been put in a bad position. I made up a spot for her to sleep until tomorrow.. I couldn't leave her to die Nathan"

"Damn a witch burning? Why wasn't I told..." He sighed and seemed a bit annoyed. "I wanted to take part in it!" He joked and laughed a bit, all that was a facade. "Well, you did the right thing Tanna...but where's Darian?"

"Seriously...you go take the bed, I'll be fine with a booth."

"He's probably still out there harassing the poor woman." Tanna said as she curled herself against Nathan's body.

"Please" Esme said as she looked at the man.. the elf? "Just go in there with your woman and let me go to bed" she said mistakenly thinking that Tanna and Darian were a couple.

"My woman? We're not together, she's the owner's woman. I just work here, look, there's two beds in there, just go take the one with more room on it. I'm fine with a booth, I've slept on one for a day already and I'm perfectly fine with it."

"I don't care if there are two beds and a magic carpet to sleep on in there. I'm sleeping out here" she said as she crawled into the makeshift bed and pulled the blanket over her. She didn't want to sleep in a room with at least two other people in it. She wanted to sleep right here, and if she got lucky she'd be gone before anyone woke up the next day.

"Fine...be that way then, we're just tryin to be nice." He sighed and turned to head back in toward the bedroom. When there, he resumed his spot next to Mercy and wrapped his arm over her like he did before as he lulled off to sleep, snoring.

Mercy woke that evening to a loud rumbling next to her ear and sighed, she felt the comfort of Darian's arm snug over her. She always woke before the others, it didn't bother her much really. Crawling out from under Darian's arm she smiled over at him, she was even growing to like the man she thought as she grabbed some clothes from the closet and went into the bathroom. The shower was going to feel good.

In the bar, Esme could hear someone moving around in the back room. If she wanted to slip out before anyone noticed it would have to be now. Pity though, since she'd been surprisingly comfortable in the makeshift bed the one called Tanna put together for her. She slid from the booth, tugging on her boots. She shouldn't have taken them off, if she hadn't she wouldn't have to sit here and lace the damn things to leave.

Nathan awoke soon after Mercy had arrived in the bathroom. He yawned and silently crept out of bed, not even bothering to get dressed because he was unaware of the girl in the bar. Heading to get a drink, he walked out and saw the girl. "Wait...who're you? The bar's closed."

Esme looked up "I.. uhm.. I'm the witch." she wondered if anyone had told this guy about what happened last night. "Two people from here saved me from burning at the stake. I was going to leave before I could cause any more problems for you guys." She tugged at the laces of her boots.

"There's no need to leave. You're safe here witchy. So what, need a place to stay or something like the rest of the people here? I gotcha, though, you'll have to work for it. I hope you can handle being a barmaid."

She blinked and opened her mouth. "A barmaid?" and just like that.. you can stay here.

Tanna walked out just then "Stone has a habit of collecting strays. I was his first" she smiled at the other woman. "But really, I think you should stay. If you don't want to stay for a long time, then just stay until it's safer." She slid an arm around Nathan's waist.

Esme nodded and looked at the door. "I guess I could stay for a little bit."

Nathan smiled. "Good...now let me go over some guidelines for ya...One, as of today, like I promised Tanna, barmaids can wear whatever they want to work. Though, I'd advise something skimpy or revealing. Gets you more tips and thats pretty much your pay. Second, you might want to flirt with your hosts, they'll give you major bonus tips..." He went on and told her about how to do her job and that it wasn't really all that hard.

Mercy came out of he bedroom a towel wrapped around her long blond hair and stopped in her tracks, looking at the other woman in the room. Nathan was explaining to her the duties of a barmaid, she glanced back in the bedroom at Darian as he slept, and then walked towards the group. "It's starting to get really crowded here isn't it?" She held out her hand to the new girl "I'm Mercy"

The girl blinked, these people were crazy. They had to be.. "I'm Esme, do you all live here?" She wondered where the other guy was. But she imagined the ungodly noise from the other room was him, and he was apparently still in bed. "Do you guys get enough business for three barmaids?"

"Well, let me put it to you like this...if this place is on the town map, I think we got enough, maybe even less, bar maids. Seriously, you should see the work we gotta do haha." Nathan said as he turned to Mercy. "Mercy here is the other newbie...by a day anyway. Actually two. Just...err....follow how Tanna here gets on with her work day alright? You'll be fiiine." He said reassuringly.

Esme nodded and looked down at her outfit, smoothing it out a bit. "So.. Tanna's the master then? If I watch her and do as she does, I'll get good tips?"

The question made Tanna laugh as she walked back into the bedroom. She pulled a skirt over hips, and it was short enough that she may as well not have been wearing one anyway. She hooked the black bra behind her back and pulled the sheer green shirt over her head. She left her hair braided and pulled it over her shoulder, she wanted to go barefoot, but instead she slipped her feet into a pair of heels that made her look tall.

Mercy looked at Esme "Nobody flirts and works the customers like Tanna, but if you can catch on you'll make some good tips. I'm having trouble catching on." She said honestly before she walked into the bedroom herself to dress. The jeans she chose were skin tight, and ripped at the back pocket exposing a bit of her ample bottom and the tube top snuggled her breasts. When she was done dressing she crawled onto the bed and flicked Darian's ear. "Time to wake up elfboy."

Darian grumbled and turned over toward her, though when he opened his eyes slowly...they shot wide and he hopped up surprised, seeing her dressed as she was. "Woah!" He fell and hit the ground hard. He rubbed his head and looked up at her. "Damn...what'd I do to deserve this and...that?" He said pointing to her.

"Almost time for work" she looked at him a bit funny. "What's your problem Darian? what do you mean 'that'? she looked down at her outfit. "I didn't do this for YOU. I did this for tips, I'm going to work it" she winked at him and slid off the bed.

She walked into the bar, when she saw Tanna her mouth fell open. "Wow.. Tanna." She glanced over at Nathan and Esme.

"My pride and joy right here." He said as he had his arms around Tanna, hugging her from behind and having his head gently placed on her shoulder. "Hey Emma, how about you go flip the sign huh? Tanna...let me speak to you in the back." He whispered into her ear. "Lets have a little fun with the newbies...shall we? Lets mess with their thoughts."

Darian sighed and got up. He went into the wardrobe closet and got into his barman outfit before coming out. He blinked at Tanna. "Interesting." Was all he said as he took his position behind the counter.

Esme frowned she assumed he was talking to her when he told "emma" to flip the sign. She walked over to the door and flipped the sign over, from closed to open and nearly got hit in the face with it when someone walked in.

"Stone, thats not a good idea.. remember what happened last time.. water.. over.. my.. head" she pressed her body against his a little. Ever since they'd made love it was like her body burned for his touch.

While Tanna and Nathan were having their pow-wow in the back Mercy began to wait tables, her ability to flirt was still lacking, but the men seemed to appreciate the new outfit and it was reflected in her first tip. Everyonce and awhile she'd toss her hair, and look back at Darian as he tended bar.

Back
Top Bottom