Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Literacy a Go Go baby! [ MxF || More Updates! ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Literacy a Go Go baby! [ MxF || Huge Updates to Everything!! ]

True Decade said:
Well, minor setback. I wrote the Pm, but exited out of the "write PM" screen on accident. But it gives me a chance to ask you if you just want the plot outline, and we can think up the characters later?

Sure, that works~.

Are you interested in a No More Heroes rp??

TrueDucet said:
Are you interested in a No More Heroes rp??

It depends on the idea, etc.
Did you have anything in mind?

• W E L C O M E !!

• A new year calls for a new thread! To start fresh, I've tried to use a better layout and include more helpful info
      without dragging things on. Some things have been removed, others added and some parts editted. Regardless, I hope
      the thread will bring in more potential partners to discuss and plot RP with!

There's a table of contents below, and I ask (beg, plead and grovel) that everyone read the second post
      (Guidelines) thoroughly. It might help to read the Genre and Setting post as well, just to lessen any potential
      confusion between any potential partners and myself; Helpful, but not necessary.

With all that said, welcome once again, please do browse about and I hope you'll find something that interests
      you that we can discuss.

T A B L E of C O N T E N T S :
    • Intro ( Welcome | Table of Contents | Key )

Guidelines ( Rules | Writing | Content | Characters | Harems | Canon | Kinks | Contact )

Genres && Settings ( Genres | Settings | Locations / Notes )

Manga / Anime ( Manga | Anime | Both )

Cartoons

Comics

Video Games

Original Ideas

Samples ( Writing Samples / Examples )

• the K E Y

• I updated my F-list a few weeks ago and added a bunch of series with a summary, guide to cravings
      and other details. To help with an idea of my preferences on something, I'm going to be utilizing the
      same thing here.

• Cravings: Hearts are used to rate/meter my cravings. Here's a breakdown below.
        ♥ = Something I wouldn't mind trying.
        ♥♥ = Willing to do, but not craving.
        ♥♥♥ = I look forward to trying it.
        ♥♥♥♥ = Yes, please. I would love to do this.
        ♥♥♥♥♥ = Desperately craving this. I will have your babies if you're willing or eager to RP this.

I'll also include details concerning canons, harems and maybe multiple characters.

• G U I D E L I N E S

• ( O1 ) Rules :

• All of the site's rules apply. No underage characters, etc. I don't care if we're using canon characters or whatever
        else may apply in a RP. There is to be no violation of the rules.

( O2 ) Writing :

• If you're unable to use proper grammar and punctuation, then I probably won't RP with you. The minimum length I
        ask for in a post is two paragraphs. More is always greatly preferred, but quality comes before quantity.

( O3 ) Content :

• As far as matters of what makes the roleplay, there's quite a few things. For me, it's necessary to have at least
        a little (requitted) romance and some form of occasional action and/or adventure. I think having some slice-of-life
        moments certainly helps develop the characters too. Although not really necessary in a roleplay, I strongly prefer at
        least a little comedy and drama.

( O4 ) Characters :

• No matter what, my character will always be a straight female. If we're doing multi-chara, my main being a het female
        is obvious, but I don't mind playing guys or gals of any sexuality on the side. Seeing as I play human characters, I
        strongly prefer human (or at least humanoid) characters (some exceptions are fine). I'm always willing and eager to do
        multi-chara, but I go by the rule that if one does, so does the other. It doesn't have to be a perfectly balanced number,
        as I'm willing to play up to four characters if my partner will play three.

( O5 ) Harem :

• I personally think harems are a lot of fun in roleplays, and there are some ideas I think work better with harems.
        However, if you're going to ask for a harem, you should be prepared to do one as well (I also wouldn't ask without
        being willing to play one as well). Just like for multi-chara, I don't mind playing a couple more characters
        than my partner.

( O6 ) Canon :

• I do indeed reference and list a number of canon sources, but that doesn't mean I actually want to play in the
        canon. I use canon to take the premise of the plot and/or setting to get an idea going. I rarely play canon characters
        myself, and I won't ask my partner to unless I'm willing to play a character (or few) that they would like me to play for
        them (no promises of not being slightly OOC).

( O7 ) Kinks :

• I have a RH and F-list linked for everyone to see my kinks (I'd suggest the F-list). Regardless of whichever you
        look to, there are certain things I won't do regardless [ scat, watersports, master/slave, vore, needles, enemas, inflation,
        (stomach) bulges, any sexual violence or pain and incest, unless it's between step/inlaws or distant cousins ]. While I
        love violence and even gore occasionally (gotta have action and fights!), character death is an iffy matter and would
        depend on the roleplay.

( O8 ) Contact / Roleplaying :

• I can be contacted via e-mail, yim/aim/msn, pm or posts. I'm open to roleplaying through im, pm, thread or e-mail (in
        order of most to least preferred).
        e-mail | yim | msn : danzenheart@ymail.com || aim : danzenheart

• S E T T I N G S

• M O D E R N / F U T U R I S T I C - M O D E R N 】

• Some level of fantasy must accompany these, however, we can play around with how much and what type. It can be
        something with low fantasy, but still out of the norm situation-wise (like say a work by Nobuyuki Fukumoto). In contrast,
        something like a mahou shoujo or the usual shounen themes could work. Even shoujo works with a twist would be nice.
        On the flipside, a modern setting that has futuristic touches is also fun to go with. It can contain pieces of futuristic
        technology and architecture or anything else.
        【 SERIES: Young Justice | Yuu Yuu Hakusho | Secret Saturdays | Michiko to Hatchin 】

F U T U R I S T I C 】

• I think futuristic elements add a lot of fun to certain ideas. Whether it shows in the technology, the way the world(s) work
        or what have you. It's kind of like fantasy in that it opens up a lot of potential too. Where you would travel one world in a
        modern setting, you can travel to/across many in a futuristic RP. I'm somewhat familiar with futuristic, sci-fi titles like Star
        Trek and Star Wars, I would probably use them for reference less and look to things like Phantasy Star or even a mecha
        manga/anime more.
        【 SERIES: Opoona | Outlaw Star | Star Ocean | Rogue Galaxy | Starborn 】

P E R I O D / H I S T O R I C A L / A N C I E N T 】

• As fun as these types of settings and genres can be, they're pretty low on my list of preferred things. Maybe if it's a world
        where there's a mix of modern, ancient and perhaps futuristic places, I'd go for it, or if it's a plot that uses time travel or a
        character from a modern setting. However, anything simply historical or period generally doesn't work for me. If we can add
        some other elements, it's something I can consider. Western and wuxia elements can make this fun, but I'd still be a bit
        picky about it.
        【 SERIES: Trigun | Chuno | Vinland Saga | Cowboy Bebop | From Far Away 】

S C H O O L 】

• The school settings can be fun when balanced and detailed. I generally don't go for a straight-forward school setting. If
        the school itself is already out of the ordinary, even better. If we focus on a particular group within the school, then we
        can always go with an ordinary setting and use the students/club/whatever to bring out some sort of action and/or fantasy
        to the setting. The nice thing about a school setting is, you can bring in elements from any other genre and setting. I think
        a futuristic-school setting would be a lot of fun, but I'm always up for a fantasy, modern or mixed one.
        【 SERIES: X-Men | Negima | Persona | Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou | Kamen-sensei 】

• G E N R E S

• F A N T A S Y 】

• I'm pretty open when it comes to fantasy and enjoy a lot of sub-genres. It can be contemporary or urban fantasy, low fantasy
        or even something with elements of wuxia. I prefer to stay away from high fantasy, unless it's something like Slayers, Berserk,
        or Bastard!! (and I'm still skeptical then). If it's high fantasy, I prefer not to focus on an epic plot (which would still be awesome
        to have), but more of a sense of adventure and exploration. A fantasy RP focusing on the characters but with a great, detailed
        setting and plot to move it along and provide depth are ideal.
        【 SERIES: Grandia | Fairy Tail | Final Fantasy | Tales of | Chivas 1-2-3/Sorcerer on the Rocks 】

M E C H A 】

• A mecha roleplay would too awesome for words! ...If done right. It's also something I feel is either very plot heavy, or something
        plot light but very slice-of-life (say, Mazinger Z vs Patlabor). I lean heavily toward Super Robot when it comes to mecha, due to
        what I'm most familiar with and enjoy the most. I like a larger cast for these, so a group RP or a 1x1 with quite a few multiple
        characters would be best (but focusing on two to four mains is fine with the latter). I have a couple of ideas for this, but I'm also
        quite open to others' ideas.
        【 SERIES: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann | Macross | Basquash | Knights of Lamune | Escaflowne 】

M Y S T E R Y 】

• This is a sometimes complicated but always fun genre, isn't it? Well, I think so anyway. There's a lot of formats and variations
        to try with this, and I'll try to detail a few based on some series I like in my original plots. These can have high or low fantasy
        and supernatural elements, and can just as easily have tons or little humor and horror. A slice-of-life format but still heavy
        with plot fits best to me, but this is definitely something that deserves a lot of fun character plotting and planning.
        【 SERIES: Majin Tantei Neuro Nougami | Case Closed | Ghost Hunt | Defense Devil 】

S H O U N E N 】

• Saying shounen is almost as vague as saying fantasy, so allow me to narrow that down some! Generally speaking, shounen
        that have a more fantasy twist or deal with delinquents is what I'm looking for. I like the mix of action and comedy that's
        unique to shounen (when they're good titles) and the themes just make everything all the more fun (friendship, dreams, etc.).
        These tend to go best with a modern (and maybe futuristic) setting.
        【 SERIES: Bleach | Beelzebub | Air Gear | Worst | Flame of Recca | GTO 】

S H O U J O 】

• Like shounen, shoujo is a very varied demographic and genre, and I'm pretty picky about what shoujo manga I read
        myself. Although the romcom styled ones are fun, I also love the ones with action (and fantasy), and that reflects here
        as well. Being shoujo, it would focus first on drama and romance, but that doesn't mean there needs to be any shortage
        of action, violence or comedy. All the same, we can always go with a more mundane setting, etc. and add in a little
        twist to keep things interesting.
        【 SERIES: La Corda d'Oro | Fushigi Yuugi | Basara | Lovely Complex | Doubt!! | Karakuri Odette 】

H E N S H I N 】

• Ranging from sentai to tokusatsu and mahou shounen/shoujo (magical boy/girl), the henshin genre is varied and perfect
        to mix around in itself. I have a love for each different one, so bringing together the mahou elements with sentai themes
        and using tokusatsu devices would be great. However, focusing on just any one is great as well. Another great thing
        about this genre is how simple or wacky, complex or over the top (or all of the above) you can make it as well as
        using other genres with it.
        【 SERIES: Sailor Moon | Kamen Rider | Shugo Chara | Shikenger | PreCure | Cutie Honey 】

V I G I L A N T E / M E R C 】

• I think the hero genre is tons of fun to RP with, but it doesn't always have to be clearly hero. In general, I think vigilantes
        and mercs are sometimes way more fun to work with someone who's just a hero, and thus, these types of RPs can revolve
        around anti-heroes (or Byronic heroes), a character that's more of a neutral merc or merc with a heart of gold also works.
        Although a modern setting tends to work best, futuristic-modern is great too, and any genres would be a fun addition.
        I personally like a high level of action, smut and romance with a fair dose of comedy and drama for these.
        【 SERIES: Batman (Beyond) | Heroes for Hire | Deadpool | Taskmaster | Daughters of the Dragon | Red Hood 】

• L O C A T I O N

• E A R T H / A U 】

• It's generally easiest and not so bad to go simple, be straight-forward and just use Earth as a setting
        for some cases, especially if it's recent times (90s-00s). However, doing an AU Earth, for the purposes of
        magic or futuristic plot elements also works. Matters like other races co-existing (peacefully, or not) with
        humans and other fictional elements. If it's a modern setting, making a fictional city/country/whatever
        is always fun (like Michiko to Hatchin's fictional South America).

A L T E R N A T E ・ W O R L D (S) 】

• Generally for plot purposes (or just for fun), this setting is an alternate world or a few worlds, usually in a
        roleplay where the story takes places after Earth, or where there was no Earth to begin with. For something
        based on series like Trigun, Earth Seeker or Cowboy Bebop, this is pretty ideal. The fun in these settings is
        how many or few details we want to give the world(s). Taking inspiration from series like Kirby, SMG, Outlaw
        Star and Sonic Colors works as well (but putting things to scale is a different story).

S P A C E 】

• A roleplay that uses a spaceship as its transport and the sea of stars as its setting could be a lot of fun.
        Outlaw Star and Rogue Galaxy stand out, though there's no doubt other things to use as a reference. For
        this, I'd hope for something a little quirky or comical. A solid plot would be nice, but focusing on general
        fun across a galaxy would be great.

• * Smaller locales within a setting that may pop up in a RP are things like underwater cities
          (Atlantis, Zora's home) or cities/towns that float in the sky or exist in trees (Thousand Arms,
          Final Fantasy 9).

• * MANGA ; Works that reference/use the manga canon exclusively or for the most part.
    ANIME ; Series where the anime canon is used/referenced only or mostly.
    BOTH ; Titles where both manga and anime canon are used/referenced.

• M A N G A

• Beelzebub || Craving: ♥♥♥
        I dropped the manga a while back, but I still adore what potential the plot has as a RP (especially if crossed over with other things). A roleplay that uses the premise and maybe throws in another main character or two would be great.
        Multi Chara : Preferably, yes. About two or three characters each.
        Harem : It could work pretty well here.

Tenjou Tenge / Veritas || Craving: ♥♥♥♥
        The main thing I like about both series is the humor alongside the martial arts in the school setting. The school or a portion of it in some way focuses on the fighting aspect, and I think that'd be fun to play with. What also fits under here is Samurai Girl Real Bout High, but I'd like something that borrows more of the style and story-format of Tenjou and Veritas.
        Multi Chara : Around 2-3 characters for each of us. (And maybe a handful of sides.)
        Harem : A smaller harem could work well, but no harem is just as good.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! || Craving: ♥♥
        It doesn't have to be the mafia or even something gang related, but something that uses the premise would be nice. More than anything, I like how it establishes a group and their alliances, much like One Piece does with its cast. Having a modern setting and the general aim is the key difference though.
        Multi Chara : Definitely. Quite a few (maybe 4-6) for each of us.
        Harem : Considering the number of characters, harems would fit too well (Tsuna practically has his own).

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan / Medaka Box || Craving: ♥♥♥
        This is something that can stand on its own or would be interesting to mix with the Tenjou / Veritas bit. I think the idea of a quirky (messed up is a better word, maybe?) student council that somehow works. Although they're the Stuco., they still have crazy adventures and hijinks ensue (with some nice character development and fun).
        Multi Chara : Yes, but a lower number (2-3). A few side characters couldn't hurt.
        Harem : I don't really see it fitting, but a harem could work.

Worst ( / Kenka Bancho?) || Craving: ♥♥♥
        Delinquents are just plain fun, and they would have to sneap onto the list somehow. Something like Worst that explores a few facets into being a delinquent (and just being a teen that gets into fights) alongside having a casual life style just seems fun. Although I haven't played Kenka Bancho, some of the themes (and plots) would be fun to reference too.
        Multi Chara : Preferably, but it's something where the number is a real variable.
        Harem : Low

Air Gear || Craving: ♥♥
        I kind of just like Oh! Great's writing style and his characters, but I also appreciate how
        innovative his ideas can be, so to speak. Anything that uses a style and tastes similar to his works
        would be good. A roleplay that takes something mundane or a sport and turns it into something
        crazy and wild would be interesting too.
        Multi Chara : Yes, but the number is open.
        Harem : High
        Canon : Plot & Themes

Yuu Yuu Hakusho || Craving: ♥♥♥♥
        The Spirit Detective idea is fun to work with, but a roleplay that borrows from YYH
        doesn't necessarily have to follow that route. Although I'd prefer to stay away from the tournament
        route, it wouldn't hurt to throw in one. I think YYH is something that would allow for a lot of action
        and adventure with nice character development.
        Multi Chara : Possibly as low as two characters each.
        Harem : Low
        Canon : Plot

Shugo Chara || Craving: ♥♥♥♥
        Crossed over with any number of things, Shugo Chara could be tons of fun. I most enjoy
        that the henshin are open and dependent on personality rather than a theme (which isn't bad either).
        Peach Pit also has a knack for making series that explore a lot of character issues and development,
        so that's always nice.
        Multi Chara : Quite a few would be preferable.
        Harem : Med.
        Canon : Plot & Themes

x x

There's now a mini update section added to the first post.
Please check out my new listings and ideas! ♥

• Writing :
    I'm not a grammar nazi, but if I find your writing hard to understand, I may refuse to roleplay with you. Proper punctuation and grammar is all I ask for.

fddfdfkshfkldfds

Bump!!

NOTE :

If you tried to add or IM me before, I apologize if it didn't go through. I was having technical difficulties, but all should be well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom