Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

𝔗ʜᴇ 𝔇ᴀʀᴋ 𝔊ᴜᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ ; 【 𝔎ɪᴛᴛᴇɴ + 𝔖ᴀɪɴᴛ 】

Saint

Jr2y9NR.png

Jr32Oox.png

I need to know where your loyalties lie,
Tell me are you gonna bark or bite?  
Do you really want to twist the knife, 
In the belly of the
m̸͈̏o̶̝͋ǹ̶͜s̶̮̍t̷͇́é̵̦ŕ̴͙?

Jr32rHF.png

Jr2kJRf.png
Deep within the heart of a bustling and peaceful city, golden rays peered through the windows of a lavish palace, their warm embrace illuminating a regal backdrop of fine furniture nestled between marble walls. Accentuated by the attentions of well-dressed butlers and handmaidens, two silhouettes settled across from one another at a lavish dining table. The man who had made himself comfortable at the table was a foreign Duke. A tall man several years the Queen's senior, he had been by far the best candidate for courtship thus far. In a sea of greying lords and boys barely able to read, the choice of suitors for the newly coronated Queen were astonishingly sparse. That didn't mean the Duke was perfect, however. He was rude and boisterous, with only the first round of wine enough to bring the man bragging about his family's wealth.

"—Though, I must congratulate you on your victory. To be quite honest, my family thought your rebellion was doomed from the start." The Duke cackled, raising his glass of wine into the air, "A woman, ruling the elves? We all thought it was preposterous!" He brought the glass to his lips, suckling and slurping on the fine taste of Ecclesian Red without even savoring the expensive and rare import.

"But I suppose it works out well for us, no? If we are wed, then your Kingdom could be rich... and of course, my children will be royalty." The man crudely smacked his lips before placing his glass down upon the table. It was clear that the young Duke had never wanted for anything, having had his entire life given to him on a silver platter. Indeed, even during the civil war that saw the Queen's family killed and her eventual reign; the Duke and his banners refused to choose a side, instead electing to stay out of a conflict that did not benefit them.

Before the Duke could boast any further, the attentions of the room would turn towards a commotion that was occurring outside of the dining hall. A sudden, inaudible, yet sustained shouting, which only grew louder with each passing second. It would grow louder still until, the doors to the dining hall would swing unceremoniously open, revealing none other than the head of the Queen's Royal Guard: Caswyn Lycidas.

"Ser Caswyn! You aren't supposed to be here! The Queen specifically ordered us to keep you out." A butler remarked, following behind the knight as he casually sauntered into the room, "I'm quite sorry, Your Highness! He just wouldn't listen to any of us. As soon as he heard, he just marched right in here..."

The Knight continued to roam deeper into the room, an unamused look drawn across his face as he strode his way across the room. "Ah, but you see, there are so many that would wish to see the Queen harmed." The Knight began, his voice deep and masculine. Clad in a white, well-fitted military uniform that he wore with pride, the clean look was dramatically foiled by dark, wild strands of hair that fell to his shoulders.

"Traitors. Assassins. Enemies. Who can I trust to keep the Queen safe?" Though, rather than making his way directly to the Queen herself, he instead hovered towards one of her handmaidens that stood at the corner of the room, "Are you going to protect her from danger?" The knight placed his finger coyly underneath the maiden's chin, directing her face upwards towards him. Caswyn peered into the embarrassed girl's very soul, before shaking his head. "No, that is my responsibility. Whether she desires it or not." Gazing up into an unerringly stubborn jawline that reached high into attractive features, it only took a moment for the poor girl to blush underneath his strong, otherworldly gaze.

"Hrmph, I was wondering when the Queen's circus animal would make himself known." The Duke remarked, "Is it true, what they say about him? That he's a monster. A literal wolf in sheep's clothing?" The Duke picked up the bottle of wine, before popping the cap. Unceremoniously, he began to fill his glass, until the red wine was practically overflowing from the top. "How crude. A beast should be kept on a tighter leash."

"Is that so?" Caswyn grinned, "and what does Her Majesty think?" Her primal guardian place his hand upon the Queen's shoulder, that strong, affirmative grip possessively sinking deeper against her dainty flesh, "Do you think such a look would suit me?" He remarked with a devilish smile.

The beast would make himself known.

Jr3eTq7.png

goodstuff-copy.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ ılıı|ıılıı|ıılıılıılıı|ıılıı|ıılıılıılıı|ıılıı|ıılıılıılıı|ıılıı|ıılıılıılıı|ıılıı|ıılıılıılıı|ıılıı|ıılıılıılıı|ıılıı|ıılıılıılıı|ıılıılııl
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAʜ-ᴏʜ, ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɪs 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLᴇᴀᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ғɪʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAʜ-ᴏʜ, ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɪs 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴄᴜᴛ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYᴇᴀʜ, ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɪs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxd̶̵̯̯̼̘ͨ̓a͔͔̜̗̦ͩ̅̎n̫̫̘̗͕̲̲̎ͥg̬̬̱ͩ͋͟͟ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧṛ̣̬̫̍͌ͩ͟o͙͙̙̘̙ͤͫ͞ụ̴̴̾̀͟͡s̨̞̞̰͎͎̪̩͕̈́̀ͯ̍ͧͅ

anothh.png
Crudely the Duke's lips smacked audibly as he quaffed his drink, an unpleasant trail of saliva briefly connecting with his parted mouth as he conversed with a mouthful of food. His utensils, indifferent to the Fine China carefully chosen for the grandeur occasion everyone had anticipated, scraped against it with careless abandon. Aurelia exerted all her restraint not to lash out at the man who callously disparaged her and confessed to betting on her downfall from the start. This was the same man who hadn't lifted a finger to assist when her kingdom was in mayhem, only now seeking to be involved in her life after she had prevailed and demonstrated herself as a capable ruler amid those trying circumstances.

His blunt words, fueled by liquid courage gracing his tongue, left her wondering what else he might reveal if given the chance. Even if he chose silence on his deeper thoughts, his initial admissions had already sketched a vivid picture of the kind of person he was. It was a portrait she refused to be a part of, even if it meant taking on the challenges of ruling the kingdom single-handedly and battling for resources and wealth. The effort would be worthwhile if it meant removing such an inadequate ruler from more power.

Despite their attempts to conceal it, she could sense her attendants wincing and making subtle, disgusted facial expressions within her peripheral vision, sparing her the need to turn her head to catch those cues of their own disapproval of the man. The mere idea of bearing his children, especially after his bold comment on forecasting their future, turned her stomach in revulsion, instantly robbing her of any appetite she may have had. Reluctantly pushing the plate away, feeling regretful about wasting a perfectly good meal, she took her lilac-colored napkin and delicately dabbed her lips before placing it neatly on the plate. "To be completely frank-" Aurelia began, but her words were abruptly impeded by a loud commotion seeping in from beyond the double doors. She immediately recognized the mention of 'Caswyn' from the butler's lips, knowing they were in for an interesting treat once he graced the room with his anarchic presence.

STOMP
STOMP
STOMP

Remaining seated, she maintained her gaze on the Duke even as Caswyn stormed into the dining room. Despite the rapid beating of her heart, she masked her exhilaration behind a blasé expression, appearing unperturbed by his decision to make a dramatic entrance of his own. She closed her eyes momentarily as Caswyn interrogated the unfortunate handmaiden who had been innocently carrying out her duties and had become entangled in the unfolding scene. Finally, as the tension mounted, the Queen's lips parted, her voice cutting through the charged atmosphere. "Caswyn, spare the poor girl." Her tone carried a hint of playful teasing rather than outright demand, an attempt to diffuse the situation before the Duke, despite her belief that he deserved no special treatment. After all, he was still her guest.

"Hrmph, I was wondering when the Queen's circus animal would make himself known."

Aurelia's eyes snapped open instantly - triggered by his name-calling - her gaze turning piercing as she directed her attention at the Duke, who had dared to unleash toxic words from his sullied mouth. While Caswyn was certainly capable of defending himself, it carried more weight for her to speak on his behalf. She could feel the tension in his grip as his fingers dug into her porcelain skin, the exposed shoulders of her elegant dress making the pressure more pronounced. Rising gracefully from her seat, she pushed the chair away from her, the wooden legs scraping harshly against the floor in protest.

"You insulted me by admitting to foreseeing my war's failure, despite having the means to assist me from the outset." Her palms pressed firmly against the table, her eyes retaining a fierce glare directed at the Duke. "Your careless treatment of my Fine China and indulgence in rare imports as if they were inconsequential added to the offense. Furthermore, you speak as if I had consented to marriage already. And now? You degrade my loyal guard to the level of a mere circus animal." Her face flushed with scarlet, her anger displayed openly and without reservation at this point. "You are not welcomed here. Please see your way out." Registering Aurelia's displeased tone in her voice, the other guards within the room quickly gathered behind the Duke, prepared in case he decided to protest or put up a fight, ready to handle any potential outbursts or tantrums he might exhibit.

With a firm hand, she covered the one Caswyn was gripping against her shoulder, straightening her posture before extending her other hand in a sweeping gesture toward everyone in the room. "Any cruel words directed at myself, Caswyn, my maids, knights, guards, butlers, or anyone in my Kingdom are unwelcome and will promptly sever any ties you have to my life. Let that be known in the gossip you're bound to tell. If making me a villain in your story will help you out, then so be it. I'm doing just fine without you or your help."

yupz.png

Back
Top Bottom