Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Your First Roleplaying Forum

I don't remember the name because it was more than half a life time ago at this point (back when you had to sacrifice a machine spirit to the Omnissiah to log into the internet), but my first forum was a 1920s Mafia-themed RP Forum. I was invited by someone who clearly had known me from some where, and I didn't remember who she was. Wanted me to play a love interest for her character, said sure why not. Ended up being on that forum for a few years before things died out.

I didn't start roleplaying until 2019, but I found Elliquiy first and had been intimidated with the workings of everything. Found other sites that were not so heavily ERP-based and a bit easier for me to navigate, and well... Kind of wound up here in the end.

Solvitur Charta for me. I originally was your average roleplayer but then I became a moderator for a brief time. Once I stepped down from my moderator role the website soon after shut down.

Edit: First roleplaying “forum” was Twitter where your profile is the character you’re roleplaying as.

Last edited:
Kind of embarrassing to admit, but Shamchat/Rolechat when I was around 14. Slightly more sophisticated than Omegle, but still not great. I do miss Shamchat, RIP. There were definitely some interesting people on there, and it was sort of fun matching with random people online. Plus, it was funny to watch the user base evolve from usually RPing with a guy called 'Batman' and only in first person and *asterisks* for actions, to RPing with Alex (M, Dom, Green hair, Blue eyes, 6'4", Lit Fantasy SRP) and have people start to write out paragraphs in 3rd person with ~plot~ and ~details~.

...Only for them to ghost you thirty seconds later, with no explanation.

I guess the first main one with the proper site for me was RPOL
Then again I also was back on Furcadia for a while

The minimizer I’m not sure if it’s still around and more focused on certain kinks

Do fanfiction site count?

AOL chat rooms and IMs, not technically forums, but where a lot of people started.

ERP searching was like the Wild West on there. AOL was also weird about chat room names, so I had to get clever and put stuff like "Pvssy P0unding RP", lol o_O

I can't remember what it was called, but it was a Pokemon RP. And I remember the admins actively made new members very first threads absolute hell. I got like four posts into mine and quit. Looking back at it, I'm not sure how I managed to stay positive enough to look for different forums, but I did.

My first RP forum was the Adult Role-Playing Forum on Literotica. It's been a very long time, but I still look back at that time mostly fondly.

Bluemoon has actually been my first RP website. I never partook in any fanfics or RP chatrooms before. After stumbling across Literotica and some other RP sites I found an interest in other peoples' writing, and I ended up reading some of the public RPs here in bluemoon and thinking to myself "This seems really fun, I should give it a go myself."

Sooooo, the very first place I actually roleplayed over was email! I met some people at a writing camp in middle school, and they introduced me to the concept and we used to roleplay over an email thread, lol... I can't remember the name of the first actual forum site I used anymore, however.

Back
Top Bottom