Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Nature of Magic (EtherialElvenEmpressxBoldGeko) {NSFWIMAGES}

Muval seemed generally upset when Chrysa rebuffed any attempts or intimacy that he would try. Jack pushed his hand away and it was easy to see that he was upset that she did. She even told him not to touch her which made him red in the face. Couldn’t she see that he was trying to protect her? In her eyes the dwarf was being rather annoying but she wasn’t the type to just come out and say such words.

Her focus was on Harald and he had mentioned showing her the spirits and she nodded since she would be very interested in that. The tricket and proved to be too much for her and she couldn’t decipher it. The power just gave her a horrible splitting headache and made her feel sick so she left it in her room. The look she gave Muval could kill. “My dearest friend. You need not worry about me we shall be fine I would appreciate it if you stayed in the Tavern if anything were to happen to me I’ll let you know but I trust him something tells me I can trust him please keep the tavern occupied and make sure no fights break out.” Now that was a full slap to the face without her even touching him she told him that she didn’t want him to come. Muval forced to smile and glared at Harald. Why did he want both Isabel and Chrysantheme? This tattooed stranger was greedy and in his eyes he was trying to take everything from him.

“As you wish Milady.” He gave a bow to her and moved himself to behind the bar and he would begin to busy himself.”I’ll make you the treats that you still love when you return you can eat as many as you’d like.” Little did she know that there was a plan brewing in his head but somethings she couldn’t even foretell. When she heard what Harald relayed to her about her name she looked shocked. “Muval!” She called out making him jump a little bit. “That’s not sure at all he can use my name why would you say something like that?” Her voice soften to something sweet like honey as she reached over the bar counter and pat his head like a child. “He means well. That’s not the case you can call me Chrysa. My name is a bit long and elves have a thing for long names it’s not rude to use my name I actually prefer it is there something I should call you instead of your name I don’t want to be rude.” She knew his name but she wasn’t sure how to address them properly after all he was a guest. After The head pat the dwarf looked sullen and upset as he went back to making treats.

“I expect you to be kind to our guest will be back soon. “ with that the beautiful elf stood up gathering her dress making sure she didn’t trip over anything she would motion for harald to follow. Muval was silently seething at the thought that they were going to be alone and his mind went to so many places thinking that the stranger will defile his beautiful love. That was far from the case but no one could tell him otherwise. When he mentioned the tree she knew exactly where to go. “ I hope you don’t have an issue walking if not we can get horses. It’s honestly not that far I don’t mind walking I love the weather today.” With that she let him out and if you tell her walking was fine she would lead him to the tree.

Harald felt a sense of triumph over the fact that the dwarf now had to stay back at the tavern. He had no plans right now in actually persuing anything with Chrysantheme since he just wanted to make her understand. "Just call me Harald" he says with a gentle smile on his phase "I'm sure we well get along Chrysa" he added and even put a lot more emphasis on her name just to give the dwarf another verbal sucker punch.

Without any hesitation he follows Chrysa "Walking is no problem. I enjoy the walks through nature and also through this town." The Elf was way better company than the dwarf. He could feel how some of the man would stare at the guardian as they walked by. Apparently not because they noticed who she was but more because of the fact that she was even more attractive than the humans with elven blood in their veins. "Murval had shown me the library of the town. Do you know why Murval has such bad manners around the librarian there?" He was genuinely curious about it. Even though Murval told him he found Isabell annoying he still couldn't grasp why. Also, it was a good way to tell the Elf secretly about Murvals bad behavior around town and if she was really the guardian of the city it would probably interest her that one of her friends treated someone like the librarian poorly.

As much as Harald found some enjoyment in the idea of getting Murval further into trouble it would've been a waste to talk with the Elf the whole way about the dwarf. There were way more interesting and more important topics that they could discuss. Of course, he didn't know how much time they even had before arriving at the tree but in the end, nothing would stop them continuing their talk once they reached there designation. "When we arrive at the tree there might be a possibility that you can't see the spirit all by yourself. I've no clue yet how your magic work and if they give you the same kind of eyesight, I have but if that's the case I can temporarily increase your sense for the spiritual world when you hold my hand."

That was one of the things that separated his tribe from normal humans. The ability to see the spirits was something they were born with and there was at least a possibility that other magic users could see that too. But on the other hand, his magic seems to differ heavily from hers so it was a good first experiment to see in which kind of magic they would have overlaps and where the differences are.

Muval didn’t like the fact that the stranger was now on first name basis with his true love in his mind. A part of him wanted to follow them but he knew if he did that she would not be very happy and the last thing he wanted was for her to be angry at him. Reluctantly the dwarf stayed behind as the pair made their way outside of the Tavern. Muval hated the way her name sounded on his lips and wished he would just call her the guardian like he instructed and he didn’t understand why she would prefer to have her name be used especially when he addressed her like a proper gentleman. “Harald it is. I’ll call you that from now on.” She really didn’t understand the dynamic between the dwarf and the stranger but she just hoped for them to get along.

As they walked along she didn’t even notice the stares of other men or inhabitants of the city. Her ears stick out but she also was a radiant beauty even with similar hair color and eye color to other women of Riverfall she couldn’t help but stand out. The one reason she had no problem walking around like this was because the festival of the Trinity was happening in a few days and no one thought anything of it that someone who look like an elf was walking around and she took for granted that most people thought she was trying to get ready for the contest.

It was nice to have pleasant conversation but when the dwarf is brought up she looked towards Harald. “What did he do this time?” She said with an exasperated huff. She was no stranger to her little friends outbursts but hearing this from a stranger made her feel ashamed that she let him take him on tour. “Is she alright?” What is the first question Chrysa asked before continuing. “Isabel it’s quite a handful sometimes but she’s no harm honestly she’s just very exuberant. She reminds me of myself sometimes when I was younger.” She ideally started speaking having no idea there was any familial ties. “Her Family has a good amount of historians and she’s very good for the city I don’t know what’s wrong with those two. I’ll talk it over wit Muval. He really should not be treating anyone disrespectfully. It’s not the first time he’s done this but I talked to him before. Thank you for telling me he’s always nice to her when I’m there.” Chrysa didn’t put two into together but figured maybe he was grumpy but she would make him apologize later.

They continue to walk through the city heading towards the forest in the west. The further they would go deeper into the woods they would walk into. It wasn’t too bad of a walk but he could tell when the city was starting to look saint in the distance and nothing but green surround them. She was worried about what was going on in the city but when Harald change the topic to how long they had to go to about spirits she was paying full attention. “It is a bit of a walk in this tree has been here for longer than I’ve been alive but I love this tree it’s beautiful and I can’t really explain it you just have to see it.” Not interrupting him further she would listen about spirits and how maybe she couldn’t see them and she wasn’t gonna argue with him especially when the gift he gave her was radiating with something she didn’t recognize.

When He mentioned sharing his gift by holding her hand she didn’t deny anything she just nodded she wasn’t gonna shy away against learning something new. “You can share your gifts like that just by holding my hand? No spells?” Now she was curious it was interesting to see what he would possibly be able to do.

Soon they would start approaching a dark path and it seem like maybe they shouldn’t take it but Chrysa lead the way without any worry. “Watch your step and follow me.” From this point on she was quiet as she let him down the path. It only seemed to be narrow leading into nothing but the closer they got he could see a very large tree. The tree itself seemed to be radiating with powers and it had way too many colors to be normal. “This tree is said to encompass all seasons. All seasons at once I’ve never seen a tree like this not even in my home we have many old trees but nothing like this Rivermill is the only place they’ve ever seen one. Not many people know about this. That’s wrong it’s in the books but not many people decide to walk all the way to it it’s very far and luckily we didn’t run into any wild beasts along the way. It’s nice to see some humans make it this far but I really see them. The ones that do make it this far have a great magical abilities what do you sense?” She would hold her tongue for the moment letting him take in the site of the great tree.
IMG_0796.jpeg

"He had fallen asleep on her books and drooled on them. When we woke him up, he started to call Isabell names and threaten her." Of course, Harald left out the part where he had put water on his head even though that still wouldn't have been enough reason to be so harsh towards Isabell. "I have to say I like Isabell. She was very kind to me, and she seems to love what she is doing. I have a lot of respect for her and her knowledge about history. Also, she seems so kind that I can't imagine how anyone could mean harm to her." His voice seemed softer as he spoke about Isabell. He didn't have any actual feelings for her besides finding her attractive of course but he definitely admires her passion about what she loved to do.

As they continued further away from the busting city Harald took a deep breath. Nature was his home after all and as much he enjoyed the new impressions of a lively city; this out here in the woods felt like coming home to a place he loved. It was not his woods of course but here he felt at least close to the things he grew up with. "Of course, I use a spell, but it only works if you take my hand. But I would like to see first if you can see them on your own. Our differences in magic are still a mystery to me and I want to see where our overlaps are and where the differences. See it as a fun experiment to learn from each other."

As she led the way through the confusing part of the forest he followed her closely. The last thing he needed was to get lost in some woods now. As they finally arrived at their designation Harald couldn't believe his eyes as he saw the tree. His mouth was wide open about this surprise. "I always thought they were just a story" he said more to himself than towards the Elf. He stepped a few steps closer and looked at this tree with great appreciation in his eyes. In his mind he had just seen a miracle. "That is not a tree spirit. It's one of the spirits of the seasons" he said with full on excitement. Harald almost sounded right now like Isabell when she was about to rant about history. He suddenly stepped closer towards Chrysantheme "I always thought they were some kind of myth. I have heard about these trees since im a small boy and now I actually see one right in front of me" he still couldn't believe it. Here it was something that probably nobody that was still alive in his tribe had ever seen with their own eyes. His tattoos even started to glimmer blue again marking this experience as something that was definitely from importance.

Harald slowly calmed himself down and finally remembered why they were here in the first place. He kneeled on one leg and folded his hands "Great Spirit hear my call, answer my prayer, and show yourself to Harald the spiritual leader. I seek your guidance in a time of need." For a second there was just silence and then suddenly Haralds tattoo all appeared in a big blue light that was almost too strong to not look away. It just held for a few seconds before the markings went back to their original black and Harald slowly stood up. In front of him was a bodyless figure. It was like a kind of fog made of different colors. Sometimes you could imagine a face and other body featured in the fog, but they disappeared faster than you could really notice them. Harald turned his head towards the Elf "Can you see him?" he asked, still full of excitement.

This was a legendary figure of the spirits. There were four different spirits of the season in the whole world and to just see one of them in your lifetime was a great gift. It wasn't even guaranteed that a spirit like this would answer the prayer and so it honored Harald even more than it actually appeared. Now he would probably be able to get some answers about what he was actually looking for and maybe the spirit could also tell him why he reached out the guardian of Rivermill.

it was no surprise to hear that Muval was causing trouble and giving Isabel help. The size she went out was sad and upset because she didn’t deserve to be treated really badly. “I thought he got over this apparently he did not. She is a very lovely girl I like her.” Chrysa meant that and she had met her a few times though most who met her just assume she was an elf from mountains especially since the story was so well-known very few people could put two into together. Isabel never put the facts together lucky for her.

The hike into the woods was peaceful . The further they got from the kingdom the more quiet it was with the sounds of nature filling their ears. Chrysa was from the area although to the east she was familiar with the words. Harald reassured her that he was using spells but she would have to take his hand. There was no complaining she was honestly just curious especially since her spouse didn’t require such things it made her even more curious about what he could do. “I can’t deny that I’m curious about you and your magic which I’m not sure why I feel so different with it around me it’s different from my own.” There was no way she could explain it other than she felt sick sometimes when his gift got too close to her the magic was similar but different like it was from a different source but she could not figure out if that was true or just her feelings.

When they finally arrived at the great tree she wasn’t sure what his reaction would be so she would stand there and look over what she was used to seeing but also paid attention to his reactions. He mentioned this is like a story and she looks confused because this was reality for her. “ it’s always been here as long as I can remember it’s very beautiful isn’t it?” Her question was more rhetorical but she chose not to disturb him too much as he would look the tree over it had to be thousands of years old it was way older than she was and possibly her own mother and father. The land itself was blessed and that’s why elves lived in the forest and other magical creatures around RiverMill. When she listen to him again he said it wasn’t a spirit but he said it was the spirit of season which she kind of understood. When he took a step closer she didn’t move but she watched his reaction because it was interesting to see someone else react to this tree.

Chrysantheme let out a gasp when she saw his tattoos glowing again she wasn’t sure what it meant but she kept staring even though she wasn’t trying to be rude. “I take it that glowing it’s not a bad thing right?” She kept her voice low so not to disturb him too much but he could see that she was worried and this type of magic was something she had never been around. She wasn’t sure if you would answer but he took to one knee and began talking that’s why she took a step back not too far but enough to give him space she wasn’t sure what would happen with him talking to the tree spirit. Wouldn’t react differently to him all she could do is watch. The tree itself would react differently to creatures and elves would have a different reaction but he was not an elf and even though he was human he wasn’t a regular type of human she was very curious what was going to happen next.

What happened next started to scare her he started talking and mentioning a figure but she was looking between him and the empty space between the tree and she shook her head no. She didn’t doubt he was seeing something it was just something she couldn’t see or at least something that wasn’t meant for her to see.

“I’m sorry. I don’t see anything but I feel something. Am I supposed to see something? Perhaps because you call to it and it wasn’t me. I feel a power but my eyes can see nothing.” Chrysa was trying hard to see but there was nothing she looked around and towards the tree again. “ Whoever it is it’s not my goddess.” She said softly but she wasn’t telling him he was wrong especially since she was already there were other magics around and maybe this one was not meant for her. “What does he look like?” She wasn’t sure if he could tell her, but it was worth a try. What she didn’t ask what she took step-by-step walking up to the tree he could hear her slowly and softly start singing and she will place your hand on the forWhat she did next was she took step-by-step walking up to the tree she could hear her slowly and softly start singing and she replaced her hand on the tree. Her palm right in the center at her soft song filled the air and it didn’t disturb his spirit at all but each color of the tree would start lighting up slowly reacting to her and she would begin glowing. This ancient tree must be connected to both of them and her goddess was connecting to her through her form. “Do you feel it? Her warmth. It feels like a beautiful summer day.” She did not get a vision she got a feeling and beneath her feet small dandelions began to bloom the color of gold like the sun and she wondered if her guests could feel the same feeling she was feeling even though she couldn’t see what he was saying and maybe this could help him get answers even though she was in the dark.

Harald was almost disappointed when she said that she couldn't see the spirit even though it was understandable. So, their magic differed in that sense definitely and Harald wondered if there were other things that he might could see but she didn't and vice versa. "Yes, I can see the spirit. Its looking at you." He said while it was actually pretty difficult to figure out where even the eyes were of this spirit, Harald had a certain sense for these kinds of things. It was even a little bit odd for Harald that the spirit was so interested in the Elf. Afterall it was Harald that called him, but he clearly wanted the attention of them both. Since he only heard stories about this kind of spirit he wasn't even sure how he would react in the first place. Water spirits were unpredictable, Spirits of the trees where calm and relaxed, the earth spirits were grounded and intelligent but what was the typical behavior of season spirit? They were powerful that Harald knew but besides that it was a mystery.

As the Elv began to sing Harald was quiet und listen to her song. Her voice alone gave him a warm feeling in his heart, and he thought that her voice was beautiful and full of grace. It was interesting how their ways differ to speak to there respected gods. After her song was done Harald looked around. Since he didn't know how her goddess worked, he assumed that also a being would appear somewhere, but he couldn't spot a single thing, but he felt the warm embrace. "Is your goddess now here somewhere?" he asked while trying to spot something that had changed. Maybe a slide glimmer in the air around them.

Harald slowly walks toward her and takes her hand gently. "Just close your eyes" he said while he did the same. She could feel a warmth flowing through her body that gave a tingling sensation all over her body. The heat would radiate through every inch of her body and when she finally opened her eyes, she could see the spirit that Harald summoned as long as she held his hand. Harald still held her hand tight as he turned towards the spirit he had just summoned. For someone who has never seen a spirit it could be an even frightening sight since no other beings like it existed.

It was not her fault she couldn’t see it her goddess had a different way of communicating. Her people were in tune with the land and he could see that with her song. It was like she was infused with the power of her goddess her body still glowing in the tree reacting to her presence. It was very interesting that she couldn’t see it but she could see her own goddess within the tree and when he asked her if her goddess was here she nodded yes after her song. “She’s here… she’s with us…” behind her had a powerful glow and it noticed the other spirit but she didn’t talk she just watched it seems like they might be communicating silently.

There was so much power in this area it was radiating and it felt like it was drawing out more from other parts of the forest. Harald moved closer to her。 taking her hand and she did not turn away she let him hold it and he could feel the immense power that was connected to her. Chrysa Was linked to the goddess and the goddess herself was letting Herald know that she was there by letting her power drift into him.

At first the elf did not close your eyes but it took her a moment to do so and now the opposite power was making her warmer. For a few moments she kept her eyes closed until she was instructed to open them and slowly her green eyes open and blinked but her reaction she tensed up and almost pulled away! This was very different from her own goddess
and it terrified her. Chrysa I almost pulled away and almost cried out in fear. Harald could feel the power from a different goddess soothing Chrysa.

Harald could also hear spring of this goddess telling her it’s all right and to not be scared. The tattooed Stranger were learning how both sides were communicating. It was the adamant that the poor elf was terrified and she clung to his hand so tightly it might hurt him would he comfort her even with her goddess telling her to not be afraid it was a different sort of magic she wasn’t used to. “Harald… what spirit is this I can feel its power with my Goddess can you feel her too?” She had a tremble to her voice but now they both felt connected was this what their spirit and goddess wanted?

Harald started to feel the presence of her goddess and it was an almost overwhelmingly different feeling. He could feel the power of this mystical being around him. The spirits and the goddess had very different Auras. Where the goddess was powerful but also had sense of grace and love in her aura there was the spirit a brutal force that almost forced you to kneel. A week mind might have gone insane in the presence of this being.

As he started to feel Chrysas hand gripping tighter around her he turned towards her. As her goddess told it was all right he put his free hand on to her cheek and gave her with his thumbs comforting strokes. "It will not harm you. It seems to be interested in you." He said with his deep but comforting voice.

Harald didn't even had removed his hand from her cheek as they suddenly heard an uncomfortable voice inside there heads. It was almost like had taken control over your own thoughts and used them to communicate with you. Something that Harald was already used to since this was the way how spirits spoke but definitely another situation that would be frightening for someone who experienced it for the first time. "Guardian of Rivermill, we long waited for your arrival. I can't tell you your future but know that your life is more important than you think." Even though the spirit was directly talking to the Elf Harald could hear it too. He grabbed her hands even more to make sure she wouldn't pull away before the spirit was done with what he had to tell her and even pulled her a little closer to himself so she would feel protected and safe. He had seen many times when tribe members reached out to the spirits and that was simply nothing that you could describe. There was no doubt that this being was powerful and with it being the spirit of the season there was even more power than Harald was used to. Its voice or better his own voice ringed through his head like a migraine.

"There soon comes a time where you and the spiritual leader will decide over a lot of people's fate. Both of you are children of prophecy and so we brought you together. We can't tell you what to do but be sure that your story has not been told yet Elf no matter how much pain you have already endured. With every piece of pain in your long life it was necessary for you to find the right path. Embrace it and let your goddess and us guide you."

Even Harald was a bit shocked when the spirits told them that they were some part of a prophecy and he didn't really understand. Sure, like every culture Haralds tribe had prophecies of what will come in the future but none of them would involve an odd couple like them. So, what was it what the future had in store for them. It was confusing but also a bit exciting that he was the one who was destined for something bigger. Haralds eyes looked on to the Elf in front of him. In his face was written confusion and disbelief about that. With the spirits slowly releasing their grip from their minds he still needed a few seconds to gather himself before he was finally able to say something but right in that moment where he wanted to open his mouth the spirit disappeared. It was not unusual that Spirits to go away whenever they thought their job was done but Harald was left behind with a lot of questions now. Finally, he gathered a little of his thoughts and could answer the question that the Elf asked before the spirit had spoken. "This was the Spirit of the Seasons; there are only four of them in the whole world. They might be the most powerful spirits that exist." His voice was a little weakened from the mind control of the Spirit but he tried to sound as calm as collected as possible.

The goddess had no reason to be terrified of the spirit she actually welcomed it but it was very difficult for the elf to understand something so different. Her goddess was trying to calm her as Harald held her hand and keeping it very tight making sure she wouldn’t try to run away and he could feel her God is doing the same thing not only to her but placing a hand on his shoulder to let him know that she understood him and what he was doing. It was natural for else to be afraid of spirits that they weren’t used to.

Harald reassured her that the spirit would not harm her but even with those words she was terrified she never seen a figure like that before in all of her life! It was helpful that he kept her there and her own goddess kept her there and she couldn’t stop staring The whispering of her goddess was soft and sweet telling her to relax and with the tattooed leader holding her hand she was frozen. It was very good that the spirit decided to explain what was going on but it was hard for her to believe.

Both the spirit and the goddess wanted to guide them both and she had no idea what to say she only made soft noises trying to speak and she had no idea how they were connected to such a prophecy. She was just learning how to control her emotions and get over what pain she had endured for years. It took a few moments but Chrysa would look towards Harald wondering if he understood more than she did. Were they really this connected?

The spirits and the goddess once they gave their message it was like they would vanish and leave them but left them in warmth. Poor Chrysa really couldn’t believe it as she would look towards Harald locking eyes with him as his hand would find her cheek and she still couldn’t even find her words. “I… it can’t be me… my life is here. My life is all over…. do you think the spirit made a mistake? How can my goddess make such a mistake? I’m just an elf…” Chrysa was completely lost and in denial. This wouldn’t be surprising to anyone especially such news and a prophecy didn’t she just complete a prophecy for Rivermill? What was going on and she thought the guards were confused!

Keeping her eyes on the soft-spoken tattoo straighter all she could say was. “I think they must be wrong…. what do you believe?” Perhaps he did more than she did and she was looking to him for answers even though her goddess told her this is what she should do she was questioning it and maybe he could help her understand and accept her fate.

Even though the embrace of the spirit and the goddess was still around them he could help himself but to feel that this place was suddenly a lot more empty. The power that these two beings had filled the air before and suddenly the air was normal again but felt now like it was to thin to breathe.

"I don't know what they mean" his voice was still calm and collected even though inside him was so much rambling about what just happened. "I don't believe that either of them made a mistake, but I also don't know what fate has in store for us." He clearly saw her confusion about the words of the spirit. "Don't worry if the spirits and your goddess have plan for us then we will be fine." Somehow Harald felt that the Elf needed a hug and just put his arms around her and pulled her for a brief moment towards him. It was only a few seconds but then he already released her from his arms.

He asked himself if he had just crossed a boundary with her. Harald had seen before how she pulled away from Muval and he didn't know if it was because she didn't want to get touched by the dwarf or if she generally avoided touches. But he wanted her to get herself together. Harald took a step back from her. It was also for him a strange thought that his spirits would have a prophecy about a girl that wasn't even part of his tribe, and it was confusing that the prophecy was about them both. What could the spirits have foreseen and why were they giving no pointers in how to save the other spirits. In the end Harald was as clueless as before he came here about how he would fulfill his mission.

He took a deep breath "Looks like we are actually in this together now and I don't know why. Maybe it would be better to show you what the last time happened when the spirits showed me something." He started to slowly unbutton his shirt until he revealed his makes chest to Chrysa. There she would see even more tattoos but here they were more clear lines and less filled space. Like Harald had told her before, the parts of the body that are normally covered by cloth normally bare the most painful memories that were hurtful to share and so they were protected by the cloth on his body.

He pointed to the tattoo in the region where his heart was. "Touch it like you touched my other tattoo before."

If she followed his instructions, she would suddenly be in the cabin that Harald calls home. From the outside she would hear screams and she could feel the heat of flames and the smell of blood in the air. Her body would move on her own; running towards the door of the cabin and she opened it she would she Haralds wife. All the knowledge that this was his wife would flood into her and all the feelings Harald had for her. She had a knife in her hand and was constantly stabbing into a lifeless body on the ground. This body was his own daughter. Chrysa could feel the despair and horror that went through Harald in that moment and how his instinct kicked in. Suddenly the body transformed into a bear charging forward at his wife and biting her to death while tasting her blood in his mouth.

The vision would disappear as fast as she started, and Harald would look at her hoping she would say something first.

When the presence of the goddess and spirit said all they needed to for now the power faded. Slowly it faded, but with Chrysantheme it lingered on her form And she almost glowed with power which she didn't really pay much attention to considering she just met a different Spirit. Even though her goddess told her not to be afraid it was still a nerving that there was more than just her goddess out there.

Harald's Calm voice helped her even though he could probably still tell she was shocked. " I don't know why I couldn't see yours could you see mine?" Maybe he saw them both but she could feel them her site was not as strong as Harald's. When he said they didn't make a mistake she was still convinced that they had. Her story was here what else was she supposed to do? Her goddess reassured her that everything was fine and that this was a path she needed to take and even though she may not agree with it she would follow it.

When Harold put his arm around her and gave her a hug she leaned into him without thinking and it snapped her out of her dazed and confused state. Sadly it didn't last long but when he pulled back he could see that she was looking at him not with anger but her eyes were soft and tears were starting to roll down her cheeks and without thinking she whispers a name.

"Gideon?" That small gesture made her cry a bit more without sound just tears. She looked like she had a vision as she was staring directly at Harald. Normally she would shy away from any sort of touch. Muval she didn't want touching her at all but when Harald touched her it was comforting. What is this a sign from the goddess? Those emerald green eyes of hers locked on him, focused on him. It took a good minute before she would come back to her normal senses but not until she reached out to touch his face and once she realized it wasn't her late husband she pulled back and looked away. "Forgive me… I didn't mean to offend you…" Whether he crossed a boundary or not the long haired elf was not angry. Once again humans We're going to be a part of her life. The silence with them with the tree of seasons and the emptiness that the goddess and spirit left were heavy.

His voice was more comforting than she would've thought and his words gave her help and it was true she was not alone. "We will Figure this out together I don't know why the goddess brought you to me or why your spirit brought me to you but we might as well find out." For her that at least made sense. It was then he decided to tell her more about what happened to him as he removed his shirt to reveal his tattoos and markings. She was okay to look but when he said touch it she blushed without thinking. "Touch it?" Chrysa repeated like a parent and golfed since she wasn't used to touching people. The elf could only think about how the trinket felt and what he touched her last she couldn't help but be worried about what would happen. "I trust you." Were the last words she said before she would reach out to place her hand palm down on his chest where he told her to feel.

Once her hand was on him the transfer was instantaneous. His memories came rushing into her like a tidal wave. Not just memories but feelings.

Chrysa closed her eyes and just let the memories flood her but the moment they got painful she tried to pull away. But there is something keeping her there. Harald What's the glowing figure that he couldn't make out the features except that it would be a woman with a flowing outfit. The goddess that the elf bleeding did not want her to pull away she needed her to see this. The goddess was giving her strength to keep her hand there and making sure that his story got told. The sights. The sounds. The smells we're all filling her senses and even the pain that hurt her heart. It felt like she was being stabbed to her body was reacting and she was trembling. Her tears would not stop she felt every bit of his pain and suffering. His despair was a cloud over her head. All the elf wanted to do was look away but her goddess was not letting her making her see all that Harald went through. His wife and daughter lost. It was very different from the loss of her own family but the pain was just as heartbreaking.

When the vision finally faded the goddess would vanish leaving the area where the tree stood feeling just as empty as before. Chrysa Open her eyes and let her hand fall from his chest. Her tears would not stop. Most people would be afraid of him after seeing what he did to his wife but not Chrysa. What she did next was something he probably wouldn't expect she would take a step forward and wrap her arms completely around him holding him tightly as she buried her face in his chest. Her hands rubbing his back and consoling him. " I's all right…. I understand…." she didn't yell or scream or ask him why he did it his pain was enough for her and all she could do is comfort him if he would allow her to do it. It was up to him if he would let her hug him or push her away

Harald was completely taken by surprise in the way the Elf responded. He had expected many things as he shared the most painful of his memories. Maybe she would've screamed at him or called him a monster, but she was not doing anything like that. Instead, she was there with her arms around him and trying to give him comfort. The lovely touches of her were something he needed right now. To relive in that way his memories obviously took a toll on him. Whenever he shared a memory like that it felt like he was back there again and, in his mouth, he could still taste the blood of his wife. Tears were running down on his cheek and even though he wouldn't make a sound the Elf could feel a few drops of his tears landing on her skin. After he was over his first shock, he put his arms around her and embraced this gentle hug of comfortlessness. It needed a few seconds of them hugging in silence before he had enough strength again to form words. "She had gone insane. I couldn't let her kill more people, not after she killed already our daughter." His voice was full of regret and pain. Sometimes he asked himself if it was the right thing to stop her. He had sworn loyalty to her through eternity and yet he had killed her. How on earth could the spirits see in him now someone of a prophecy after he broke is eternal promise to his wife to be loyal.

He probably was holding on to this hug longer than he should be, but it had been a long time since he actually got a comforting touch. Of course, Harald had tried to make himself forgot by sleeping with woman but there was a difference between sex and someone who touched you to comfort you. Maybe this was what he needed right now but on the other hand he was not exactly interested in love right now. Finally, he released his arms around here and grabbed her hands to look her in the eyes "I appreciate that you didn't call me a monster." His voice was deep and almost like a whisper. If she had still leaned with her head against his chest, she could've felt the vibration from his chest while he spoke. He wanted to let her know that this meant a lot to him, that she didn't ran away.

"If I'm allowed to ask; why did the spirit say you went through great pain?" He knew it was a risky question and just because he decided to open up to her didn't mean that she would be in a position to do the same. He also couldn't help himself but to wonder if Muval would attempt to kill him if he could see them right now.

Chyrsa understand how pain for something like this was even though she had a different sort of pain. Losing his entire family just as she had lost her entire immediate family even though she may have had descendants in this kingdom she still missed her husband son and daughter. She could never comprehend the pain he felt about killing his own wife after she killed his daughter but she knew what pain felt like. It surprised her that he didn’t push her away but wrapped his arms around her and they stayed in silence comforting each other as she felt his tears against her. She knew that no words would take away the pain he felt but the silent acknowledgment could possibly help.

Harald would begin to speak but all she could do was listen. “You need not explain anything you don’t want to. I may not be able to understand your pain fully, but I understand the pain of loss.” Why did her goddess want her to see this it hurt her all the way down to her core. She could empathize and feel sympathy and she knew this tattooed stranger must be hurting something fierce. Not only to lose his daughter due to her mother but he had to kill his own wife to stop her from hurting others it was a sacrifice not many people would make. He was strong and resilient but just as broken as she was. Without thinking she reached up and ran her fingers through his hair and this was just a comforting move that her husband would do to her when she would be upset. There was nothing sexual about her touches just comforting. The elf didn’t think anything of it especially in this exchange of emotions. She didn’t care how long they hugged a part of her needed this too.

“I lost my husband due to the passage of time along with my son they were both human. My daughter did not live as long as me but she passed away when I wasn’t even here to console her or look after her. I got news from the King but she didn’t survive an illness that I thought she’d be exempt from. I know it’s not the same as your pain and that the loneliness must hurt but please know you are not alone and you do not need to bear this pain alone.” The long lived elf spoke in a soft voice while stroking his hair hoping that maybe she could bring him some comfort. “I no nothing will ever feel the same I love from your wife and child but I understand and you no longer have to go through this alone. Perhaps that’s why my goddess and your spirit brought us together I have no idea what’s in store for us but I know we don’t have to deal with it alone anymore…” perhaps her words would reach him but she had no idea.

They stayed in that embrace for a little bit longer before he would pull back and take her hands in his meeting her emerald green eyes and she locked eyes with him. He mentioned how he appreciated that she didn’t call him a monster which confused her. “Why would I call you a monster? You are far from a monster in my eyes. You were just put in an awful situation and an awful trial of your life that doesn’t make you a monster. It leaves a mark… my hands are not clean from blood and I have no right to judge you.” Her voice was just as soft as his Ashley stayed close.

The question he asked next was extremely painful she only gave him just a little bit of information but when that question was asked it felt like she stopped breathing. The passage of time and losing her family was not that simple. She didn’t want to explain it but he had asked. “ my husband lived a long life but he got sick with something I could not heal. I’m not a strong healer myself but I have knowledge of spells I was lucky he lived to as long as he did but I was unable to save him. He was in so much pain…. I didn’t want to do it but he begged me too… I know it’s not the same as what happened with your wife and daughter but I put my own has been out of his misery was the most painful day of my life. He should’ve looked longer. Even though he asked to leave this world by my hand I’ve never forgiven myself for that. I never even found out what sickness he had it was nothing my spells could save him from.” What she told him was heart wrenching but also very strange for someone to die of an illness that magic these days can easily cure but she had no idea what he died from even to this day.

“My so luckily lived a full life. He had children and grandchildren and great grandchildren. Search my daughter when she returned home both married humans I really couldn’t stay here I went traveling. My son died peacefully but my daughter’s death is still shrouded in mystery. Even now I still don’t know what happened but at least they said she was peaceful in her last moments. I still somewhat maintain the nice relationship with the Royal family these days I don’t really tell them when I come back. It’s too painful to talk to them.” This time she gave him more information and even with giving him that much it sounded like Rivermill was an interesting place to live but like every place still had its secrets even from the Guardian.

Harald was almost a little shocked by the non-judgmental behavior of the Elf. Even though his tribe respected him but since he had to kill his own wife, he felt like that they looked different at him. They were afraid and worried about his mental state. Harald himself never gave them reason to worry but humans are easily startled and afraid as soon they see something traumatic as that. Maybe some of the Villagers were even more broken by the sight of it than Harald himself was. It was not the killing of his wife that was the worst it was the knowledge that he couldn't protect his child and that she was murdered by someone who she trusted. If it would've a been a pillager or another creature, he could at least seek revenge or understand why someone would do such a horrible act to a complete stranger, but his own wife shouldn't have been a thread to his precious daughter.

The Story of the Elf just made him sadder. Sure, she didn't have to kill her husband because he got hostile but if you kill someone you love so deeply it will leave scars and Harald couldn't imagine to be hundreds of years old and to carry to pain around him for such a long time. The gift of a long life was also a curse. He wondered if there was a single Elf out there who didn't have scars from their past. A long life just encourages more opportunities to get hurt in a very deep manner. "I'm sorry" that was at first the only thing that came out of his mouth. He still felt shocked that something so tragic happened to her. She was a pretty woman that looked so fresh and young that it always took him a second to remember how old she really was. "Please don't try to compare who of us has it worse. We have a saying in our tribe: Your own backpack always weighs the most. It doesn't matter if your or my pain is more, I just wished you never had to endure this." His eyes were locked on to hers while he spoke, and Harald hoped deeply that he could provide her with some comfort.

"I've the ability to speak once a year with the dead. It's a common ritual for us to speak with our lost family members when the wall between our world and the afterlife is thin. If I should stay long alive in Rivermill it might be possible that you could speak with them again." Harald wasn't sure if it was a good idea to tell her about this. As comforting it was to speak with people you've lost sometimes it would reveal a dark secret that would through your own life of the rails. In his tribe that was rarely the case, but he didn't know how much this society would hide. But he decided to tell her about it in the end. It was still a while until he would be doing it anyway. He had just a few months prior spoken with his wife before he went out on this journey. It was also a question if her husband was even in the same afterlife as his tribe members. If their goddess had a different place for the dead, it would require research to figure out when the wall is thin and breakable. But that was something they could worry about if it came to it and lucky enough, he had made today close connections to the library where they might find answers to this question.

The air around them started to cool down a little. The rest of the presence of their holy entity's was starting to completely fade away but Harald still couldn't let go of her hand. It had been a while since he enjoyed a comforting touch. Laying with a woman or exchanging comfort were two totally different things and until her he didn't know how much he had missed it. Her hands in his hair gave him shivers over his back. This had become such an unfamiliar feeling that he didn't know how to react and so he decided to close his eyes during her touch and just embrace every second of it.

Chrysantheme welcome to touch it was some thing she didn’t really allowed to happen at all to her. She hugged the children of the kingdom and played with them but that was a different kind of touch to have this closeness with someone that wasn’t her husband seemed foreign to her. She did not pull away but just enjoy the silence. To most people what he told her would’ve scared them. Humans get scared of many things but she understood even though it was painful she was happy he told her at least she had a glimpse into his past and now he had to look into hers. Who is may not have been as dark but she understood the loss and the pain of losing a loved one and he had also lost two of them like she did. That was something to bond over was it not? The elf most of the time forgot how she looked and most people didn’t realize how old she truly was which is a great way to hide in plain sight especially since humans couldn’t grasp such a long life. Chrysa figured with him being from a tribe very much removed perhaps they had a longer life but she had no way of knowing at least he wasn’t terrified of her and the fact that she had lived longer than some of his ancestors.

The silence was broken with his words as she listened intently. It was true they should not compare their trauma and loss and what he said was true not to compare backpacks because to each of them they were very heavy. Nodding in agreement she held her tongue since she wasn’t sure what to say. She knew it was hard to comfort someone after they lost someone they cared for deeply there were no words to fix it. There were no spells to fix it. When he said the words I’m sorry it finally made her speak. “No need to say sorry. There is nothing you need to apologize to me for I’m just here to listening I know my words won’t mean anything but I understand and I feel your pain.” Her long ears twitch just slightly since she did that when she was trying to think of something to say she could be easy to read if he knew the signs. With her eyes gazing at each other she did something without thinking as she lifted her hand and placed it on his cheek stroking his cheek with her thumb. There was nothing romantic about it it was more of a comforting move. She had no idea how he would react but it was something she would do with her husband to try and keep him calm at times and she had no idea if it worked another humans but it was her way of showing affection and empathy. Her other hand was occupied so she figured the other one could go to his cheek.

For a moment the darkening sky was a comfort with the hints of twilight. She enjoyed being near him but the words he spoke next cost you to freeze and go stiff. He mentioned he had the ability to talk to the dead. He could tell that cause her entire body language completely change. She didn’t pull back or run away she just stopped all movement. “Once a year?” She repeated before she would say something else. “Talk to the dead? How? I’ve been looking for a spell to do that and I have yet to find one how did you find a spell for it?” She pulled back but only to make sure she could look at his entire face to see if he was telling the truth and studied his reactions.

“You are a guest here in Riverfell. You can stay as long as you’d like but now I hope you stay as long as you can forgive me for being selfish but I must learn how. My husband and daughter I can talk to them I’ve been looking for ways to speak to them again….” The pain in her voice was welling up coming to the surface. This was something she was looking for for so long was this why the goddess brought him to her?

From the outside looking in it looked like they were having a romantic moment when in all honesty they were just comforting each other and neither of them wanted to lose this rare moment of comfort that they both had not had in so many years. “I think I know why your spirits in my goddess brought us together.” her words were soft and comforting but she had no idea the adventure that lay in store for them. “I Think they want us to talk to our family and with your gifts and my gifts when you say the wall between worlds becomes thin I’m sure I can help maintain it for us to speak to our families.” Chrysa for once in a long time had something she lost a long time ago; hope.

Her hand of his cheek accomplished more comfort than a thousand word could've done. He leaned his head a little into her touch to get more of it. Despite the lack of romantic feelings between them this was a feeling that was almost addicting. For someone like Harald who had carried around his pain for years a simple touch like that was the biggest present you could give to him. It was not something anyone could've achieved. Of course, other woman had tried to give him comfort before and they tried there best to let him forget his pain or to find comfort, but they couldn't understand him in a way the Elf did right now. Her touch gave him so much because they shared a similar fate with their families and so Harald felt close to her in this moment.

The touch of Chrysantheme was like that of his wife even though the hands of the Elf were smaller than hers. He was grateful that the spirits had brought them together and Harald was almost sad when Chrysa decided to take a step back as she heard about his ability to speak with the dead. Harald looked down at her and noticed her change in body language.

"My magic works in a different way than yours. We don't say spells or learn from scrolls. Our magic is something we possess." He took both of her hands in his. "I can let my magic flow through your body, and I can maybe teach you a few things but my gift to speak with the dead is something I was born with." He closed his eyes and started without further warning to let his magic flow through her body. Normally when he did that to people it was for them an out of body experience. Their senses were suddenly amplified. Every smell was more intense, every sound a little louder and in Harald specific case you could hear constant whispers. With his connection to the afterlife, it was never Silent around Harald. He could hear the dead who couldn't let go and still walked the earth. It was almost impossible to actually understand what they were whispering through thousands of voices talking at the same time. He got used to it over his lifetime, but I could be a frightening thing for everyone else. The noise wasn't too loud or anything but noticeable.

Harald stopped already after a few seconds. He didn't want to overwhelm her with the noise and the maybe sudden different feeling for her surroundings. "I know that my tribe experiences the world around us in a different way than other humans. Our magic comes from our emotions, and I've never seen a human who tried to learn our way if they weren't part of our tribe." His voice was calm, still engaged in the feeling of comfort that they provided for each other. If anyone else could hear his voice they might would assume that these was bedroom whispers full of anticipation, but Harald right now just enjoyed the bond they shared.

"If you really want to speak with your family then I can make that happen. When the time is right, I can let my magic flow through you and then you can use my magic."

With her hand on his cheek it felt right like it was supposed to be there and the more she looked at him it seemed like she was seeing a ghost. She was ever so gentle with him and comforting him as best as she knew how and in turn just having her hand there helped her keep calm and collected. This heartwarming scene made it look like they were lovers even though they were not romantically inclined they found comfort in each other’s company. Chyrsa knew she could not take away such a pain but she could at least distract from it. Harald, like herself was carrying so much trauma and even though this moment could not take away any of it and at least can make it easier on the both of them for just a few moments. Connecting because they both lost loved ones perhaps this is exactly what they needed at this moment in time. There was no way she could hide the tear stains down her cheeks.

Of course she had no idea she felt like his wife even with her smaller hands but they both were married at some point in their lives and had their true loves but to be this close to someone else could easily have been misconstrued if someone was watching from the outside. When he mentioned about talking with the dead and she took a step back it wasn’t because she was terrified it was because she was interested in what he knew. That talent didn’t frighten her it made her want to know more.

He spoke of how his magic work differently and she nodded but he could see the wheels in her head turning wanting to know more. She had so many ideas but when he took both of her hands in his it broke her concentration as she made sure to keep her eyes locked on his. Those beautiful green eyes that were full of hope suddenly with the thought of talking to her husband and daughter. As he held her hands and let his power and magic course through her he could feel her body stiff and as she felt the power. This was very different from her own magic and all she could do was freeze and stand frozen. At first it was overwhelming the voices, the feelings and the sights and smells. Chrysa couldn’t even explain it but it was overwhelming and Harald could tell it was affecting her but she wouldn’t say that it did. Her eyes closed as she took a deep breath and felt her heart racing. The elf did not want to let him go and it felt like this feeling took over everything and blocked out the world itself. When he spoke again it felt like the connection had stopped but the feelings that she felt were forever etched in her mind and memory.

“M…make it happen… teach me please… I have to speak to my husband and daughter. I owe them that much…” The tremble in her voice was full of sadness but now it was filled with hope that she could hear their voices and see their faces again. When her eyes open slowly they focused on him not leaving his face. The connection between them was now more than stranger and guardian. They shared power and gifts. He was someone that could help her. Someone who could teach her. “I owe you so much for the opportunity. Is there anything I can do for you this is something no one’s ever offered me before I’m a spell to reach into the afterlife have always been hidden from me. Even if it’s one evening I’ll take it. I really need to take your spirits for bringing you to me. You have no idea how special you are do you?” Chrysa couldn’t help but look him over and wonder how close his spirits were to her goddess. This was the first time she would ever get so close to communicating with the afterlife and there is no way she was gonna let him leave Riverfall anytime soon. “I’ll help you in your search with whatever you need and with your spirits even if I can’t really see them I felt it…. whatever you need I’m here to help you. I give you my word I promise to do whatever I can to help you.” When an elf promises something like this they will not go back on their word and now he was going to learn that he would now have a partner in his search and one he was very connected to him and hopefully a new friend.

Harald just nodded at Chrysa when she said eagerly that she wanted to learn. Of course, he couldn't deny her request now after he had made her so much hope but before they had to some research before, they couldn't even attempt doing it. It was still unclear if the children of her goddess are going to the same afterlife as Haralds people and it was also unclear if the wall between the two dimensions would be thin around the same time as the one at home. That would probably be something he had to discuss with Isabelle. She was knowledgeable about which books existed and probably had at least a pointer in the right direction.

Harald couldn't help themselves but feel bad for the hopes that he had invoked into the Elf. He hoped that he could stand by his promise and would make it happen that she could speak to her husband and daughter one last time. It probably would be devastating if that will not happen. "I'm nothing special Chrysa. All I am a tribe leader who was by chance born with an ability." He said humbly. Of course, that was only half true. He knew he was special and how rare it was to connect to the afterlife. The majority of beings had to believe in the afterlife since there was no proof for them that it existed and here was Harald who was living proof of exactly that. But he also knew that with knowledge comes pain very often and he just hoped for Elf that her talk with her family would bring her comfort and not that it would split her heart in half.

He started to put his arms around the elf without any warming and embraced her into a deep hug while gently stroking her hair. "I promise that I will make it happen, you will speak with your family again." His words came from his heart, and he hugged her to catch the maybe emotional outbreak about such a promise. It didn't matter if it was an elf or a human in front of him, he knew that speaking with someone who was deemed lost forever would suddenly spark emotions and as hard you appear on the outside would not always reflect how you feel on the inside. And the elf in front of him already showed signs that this topic was something that affected her deeply and together with the story she shared earlier Harald knew that more comfort would be needed.

Even though it felt for Harald they had barely spent time here, but the sky showed that time had passed. The interaction with divine beings was always a little confusing since they always took longer than you would anticipate. As soon as a spirit is in your head you lose every sense of time and sometimes it even takes spirits hours to just transfer to you one sentence. Communicating with the divine was simply an act that breaks all ideas of physics, and it could even sometimes be dangerous. You could lose yourself in the conversation and not eat or drink for days if the spirit didn't let you. Harald was asking himself how much time had passed since they arrived and if Isabelle would already wait for him to arrive at the library. He just hoped that he wouldn't miss this date since he really wanted to know more about the story she told and of course who would like it to miss a date with a pretty woman who was so interested. But of course, he didn't want to leave Chrysa behind right now and he himself enjoyed her company a lot. Comfort was simply something that was rare but also dangerous in the sense that I could be addicting and maybe would make him vulnerable for the other pain that the world had to offer.

Chrysa finally had help something that she had not had in years and here the stranger was giving it to her on a silver, no…golden platter! Her hands still with his and her eyes were watching him as if he held the secrets to the entire world. Right now she figured he knew everything and spirits that he mention must know something. All she could think of was talking to her husband and children again she squeezed his hands tight with anticipation.

Her silence was broken when he started speaking again. “I trust in your spirits and in you. I have no idea how it works but just the thought of talking to them has given me strength to carry-on. “ he was trying to explain that his tribe this was a gift but all she could think about was talking to her family and she figured he had to be the answer and the spirits had to be the answer and her hopes were so high even if she couldn’t talk with them right now he was her answer. If you looked into her emerald green eyes he would see how helpful they were filled. Chrysa would squeeze his hands again but eventually would let him go and she took a deep breath closing her eyes just letting all the feelings watch over her. When he wrapped his arms around her pulling her into a deep hug she let herself go and she started sobbing. The elf was not upset it was a mix of happiness and being over joyed even though he had not delivered on any promises yet. It was the fact that he was going to eventually that was too much for her to handle or comprehend. “I trust you… I owe you so much…so much… I’ll help you find the spirits or anything want to talk to Gideon again…or babies… I know it’s so much to ask I don’t do anything…” The desperation in my voice was easy to hear. Her body against his hugging him close. This was the most intimate contact she let near her and it felt so good. Just the act of someone, anyone offering comfort was something she had no idea she needed!

For now Chrysa wasn’t letting Harald go. It wasn’t a romantic hold but one that she needed. Hope. Faith. Now she truly believed that the goddess Was giving her a path that she never thought she’d have. Harald could feel her own magic radiate from het body. It was almost like it wanted to help Harald or show that she could even if she couldn’t talk to her loved ones it was offering to help. Harald would probably have to pry himself from Chrysa’s grasp at this moment since The poor elf had been starved for any contact for years.

As Chrysa started to sob in his arms he pressed her even tighter against his chest. It didn't matter to him if it was tears of joy or sadness. The only thing that was important right now was that she could let her emotions flow. If she was just a little like him, he assumed that she would've hidden her tears and pain from the world and tried to lock all this up deep inside her. As much as he would hate to let Isabell wait, he was sure that she would understand that the dry tears of someone was more important than this date. The night was probably still young anyway. He lets her cry on his chest and just continuously strokes through her hair and gently lets his fingers run up and down on her back. Harald thought that it must've been a long time since she got this kind of touch, and he wondered if after her husband anyone had ever given her warm touches. They were just standing there for several minutes before Harald decided to break the silence but still holding her close.

"You owe me nothing." He said in her deep but warm voice. "We all need sometimes a miracle that brings us back on track." Harald didn't like the thought of doing this for her and expecting a reward for it. To help someone when he or she needs it the most should be an act of kindness and not of profit. "All what you have to do is use your brain in your pretty head and help me do the research." His tone shifted slightly into a playful tease as he called her pretty. It was not really an attempt at flirting and more to lighten the mood a little. Even though her tears were born out of happiness with it came still the heavy burden of her past and sometimes everyone needs a little cheer up in that case. As much as a compliment could be unfitting to situation like that it could also be the key to breaking up the monotony of sadness.

Harald could feel the magic radiating from her and it was almost like a warm tingly feeling for him. Even though this kind of power was foreign for him it still had some familiarity with it. He wondered if he felt that way because it was Chrysas magic and if the magic of elf's had a certain kind of uniqueness between each user. He started to also let his magic flow in her body again and was curious to see what would happen if both of there powers would combine and touch each other. In a certain way he hoped that It would bring them closer together even though in the tavern the reaction to each other magic was quite unpleasant. He wondered if it had something to do with the scroll and the totem themselves and not with the kind of magic they are using.

Chrysa let the floodgates opened as she just couldn’t stop crying. What was it about Harold that caused this influx of feelings. He was so familiar even though he wasn’t and he even reminded her of her late husband just with his kindness. Even as they embraced it wasn’t flirtatious it was comforting. It took the poor elf a moment to compose yourself and let her self stop crying hiding her tears and feeling embarrassed that she let herself be open like that in front of a stranger. Even if he was a stranger she felt like she could connect to him and it was because of the magic. It was rare for someone who is human to have as much as he did. When his fingers ran through her hair it just caused her to shudder and it was scary to enjoy touch again. Chrysa pulled back and let her fingers run through his hair and it wasn’t her coming onto him it was just exchange of feelings.

“Forgive me for my outburst. I normally don’t let my feelings get to me like that and it’s been a while…” All she could do is apologize and hope you wouldn’t be too upset. Harald was a very kind soul and just having him near her allowed her to have some peace. When he told her that she owed him nothing it was surprising but she wouldn’t fight it. When his tone became playful it actually helped her mood and she didn’t think anything of it but she did actually let herself giggle and feel a bit of happiness with this connection no matter how small or how big it could be. His presence was bringing out magic that she let lay dormant within her for many years especially since it was connecting to someone else. It was a nice warm feeling which she would give thanks to the goddess for. This chance meeting was allowing their magic to mingle it was different but yet similar at least with the warmth. “Today I should give things to your spirits and you I don’t think I felt this alive in a long time.” She admitted which wasn’t a bad thing even though it was a bit scary.

The sun was slowly setting and that caused her to look up and around before realizing maybe they should probably head back. That and her stomach did growl. At least when that happened she actually let out another laugh. “As much as I’d like to stay this way perhaps we should go back. My stomach says it’s time for dinner maybe the goddess needs some time to rest.” With that she looked at the beautiful tree still blooming and every season. “I Should probably show you your room too I hope you stay here for a while I really want to find out more about your spirits if you’d like to tell me more.” Chrysa was now more open to him especially seeing his magic and feeling his spirits. They’re just had to be something here in all she want to do was find out more.

Begrudgingly she let him go and take a step back composing herself. She straightened out her dress and took a deep breath and she held out her hand out stretching it to him and offering it to him. “Come friend. At least I hope it I think that’s what the goddess wants.” If hr were ready she would start the truck back into town and back to the tavern.

Even though there was no romantic interest between them right now as much did Harald enjoy this shared innocent intimacy of comfort and touch between them. Sure, someone who watched them would clearly think that they were a couple or at least had interest in each other but for now just the illusion of intimacy in touch and hugs was enough for him. He didn't need romantic feelings to know what they shared right now was something special.

He closed his eyes for a moment when her hand touched his hair. "You've nothing to apologize for Chrysa. I know how hard it is to bottle all these feelings inside you." His voice was full of understanding but also of encouragement that she doesn't have to feel guilty about finally letting her emotions flow. Emotions are a tricky thing and Harald knew how helpful it was to close them away, but he also knew that sometimes there come moments which will break the prison where they are locked up and then there is no way of holding them back coming out. "If you really want to give something to the spirits then plant flowers or trees. That is all they expect of you, that you do something for the nature around you." He said while moving his hand across her cheek and jaw line. As more time they spent together the more Harald got braver in touching her in a way that normally only love birds did. It felt in a weird way just right to do it and he didn't even spend a single thought about the fact that she could maybe dislike it. There bond was in his mind growing stronger.

Harald looked up into the sky and he also saw how the sun was slowly settling down. "I plan to stay for a long time. The spirits and your goddess brought us together and something seems to connect us, and I want to figure out why. So don't plan on me leaving soon." A big smile came on his face to show her that this was a happy thought for him. Even though he still couldn't quite believe that they were part of some prophecy, he felt quite honored by the thought of it. That kind of fate was something special and he wouldn't turn his back on his spirits.

"To be honest you haven't quite saw yet what the main point of my magic is and I guess I couldn't make our way home a little more comfortable for you." He says with a big grin on his face. He didn't even wait for her response and just took a few steps back and started to channel the magic inside him. His tattoos started to glow like earlier when he showed Isabelle his shapeshifting abilities and just a few seconds later there was suddenly a big bear where Harald was before. It was the same form that he taken when he killed his wife but now this bear seemed more friendly. With his big body he stepped closer towards Chrysa and bumped with his head her hand like a cat who wanted attention and pets. Of course, he hoped that Chrysa would understand that he had invited her to ride on him for the way home. Crying in such a manner was normally really exhausting and so he wanted to give the elf some rest, especially since she seemed hungry and out of energy. But of course, he wouldn't say any of these thoughts since he feared that she would feel guilty again about showing her emotions. If she hops on him then he would carry her back to the gates of the city.

It was very pair that the only eyes on them or the spirits and the goddess. This exchange was purely innocent and two people working through feelings especially Chrysa Who literally buried her feelings so deep she never thought they bubble back up to the surface. They were just a pair of sharing emotions and similar experiences. The touch starved blonde elf had no idea she needed human interaction this much.

His hair felt so good in her hands but he told her she had nothing to apologize for and it felt like she would just burst into tears again. Harald had such a sweet demeanor and it reminded her so much of her long departed love she couldn’t help but feel her heart race not because she was falling in love but because he was reminding her of so many things that she missed out on. No other human made her feel this way. To be honest this was the first time and she liked it this close to her in a long time that was of the opposite sex. Chrysa loved hugs but she barely let anyone touch her that was male and even when Muval occasionally tried she shrink away. The magic coursing through her was letting her feel things again and she was loving this feeling. She wasn’t ready to start anything with anyone but just the idea of opening herself up again was now a small thought in her mind. “I know you say I shouldn’t apologize but I feel bad it’s been so long since I’ve had someone like. I just couldn’t bear the touch of anyone thank you for opening my heart again. I guess I should be taking your spirits as well because the goddess knows I’ve been closing myself off for years.” This was true but she had no idea this was just the beginning of something greater. A journey that she needed to take and had been putting off. All of her words were soft but from her heart and as much as she would like to stay here she knew she couldn’t live by the tree and keep Harold captive for hugs. When he mentioned giving something back to the spirits he mentioned flowers and that sounded like a lovely idea. “Later how about you help me with that. I don’t know the spirits well perhaps you could help me pick out flowers to offer them.” She really meant it even though she couldn’t understand spirits she could feel the power that radiated off of him making her want to help them and it was like a connection she wanted to make and create and grow. As long as he stayed here she would work on that.

The longer they spent talking and the more brave the Druid became with touch Chrysa never once jumped or moved away. What he saw in the Tavern was a testament to how she felt about the dwarf. The elf just did not want his touches and others but he was crossing a line that she was letting him break down her walls. Tilting her head she would rub her cheek against his hand enjoying being near someone. He could tell she never would let anyone get this close and the elf was the type to shove anyone away; but not him. Perhaps he could take this as a sign that he was in the right place with the right elf. His touch is only made her more brave as she would reach out to touch his arm in the markings but not linger there too long just enjoying his warmth. How she wanted to stay like this forever at least for a few more hours!

The journey to the tavern at least would not be lonely but then he began to speak again and decided to show her something more. That piqued her curiosity as those green eyes of hers watched him carefully as they would make their way out of the forest and he would begin to glow. What was he up to? She stopped and focused on him but when she watched him starting to shape shift she gasped but not in fear. This power of his was something she could not do or at least not anymore. That information she would keep to herself but her jaw dropped. Standing there with her mouth agape she couldn’t even form words! The bear was not terrifying but when he got closer she would reach out to try and touch him but he bumped her like a cat and it made her smile and giggle this was beautiful and amazing!

Chrysa got the messages but it took her a moment register. “I might be too heavy for you!” The laugh that escaped her grinning lips was contagious. Was she having fun? Oh yes! She was! Chrysa made the choice to ride him. It was smart of him to not say anything because she would have insisted on walking. Once on him she snuggled and cuddled him since she couldn’t be too embarrassed with him as a bear.

As they headed to the tavern Chrysa was more chatty when Harald was carrying her. “I wish I could do this. This kind of magic isn’t something my parents approved of. Dark magic…I don’t see what’s dark about it. It’s wonderful.” Perhaps age was saying too much but she felt safe telling harald as they headed back into civilization.

Harald could feel the weight of the elf on his back, but she wasn't as heavy as she made herself out to be. He had carried multiple kids plus an adult on his back before and they weight more than Chrysa right now. Specially since woman also were by the average taller and more muscular than this petite elf who was now on his back. Unable to speak during his bear form he just listened closely to what Chrysa would tell him.

It made him think when Chrysa mentioned that her parents disapproved of that kind of magic and that I was even considered dark magic. So, the elves knew of shapeshifting and that was something he didn't expect. When he talked to Isabell, she mentioned that she had only heard of it from books and that she thought this kind of magic didn't exist anymore but if the elves even deemed it to be dark magic then they would probably have a larger understanding of this kind of power. The question in his head was then why Chrysa was then so unfamiliar with the Spirits and his kind of magical abilities. Was this something that the elves didn't teach at all to their children?

Harald really wished he could communicate right now with Chrysa but her snuggling against him as they walked along was a good way to forget really fast that he now had so many questions about this. After they were already halfway back to Rivermill Harald decided that it was probably time to play a little trick on the elf. She seemed to have lightened up a lot during their interaction at the tree and Harald thought that Chrysa maybe needed a little more fun in her life right now instead of all serious talking. He stopped for a second and turned his head slightly, so that his bear eye was looking directly into her wonderful green eyes. Even though he was a bear she could probably tell that the human Harald inside had a playful grin on his face and this was a warning that she should hold on tight.

Suddenly he started to sprint off. At first, he took it a little gentle but increased the speed more and more and even started to leave the normal path back to town, racing into the forest while jumping over tree stumps and avoiding obstacles in the way. Of course, couldn't fully avoid that a minor twig would hit Chrysa from time to time in this thick grown forest, but he figured that a little fun adventure like this wouldn't be too much for the elf.

It had been years since he just his shapeshifting just to have fun and especially his bear form. He avoided being in this form since the death of his wife. Too many painful memories were attached to this kind of shape but with Chrysa he could let go of some of his pain and he felt like he came back to a happier version of himself with the elf around. Harald was missing the feeling of just being able to laugh and enjoy the small things like running through the woods as a bear. It made him feel close to the nature around him and he enjoyed it even more that he had someone to share it with right now. If that would've been the rest of his life, he would be just happy as it is.

After he ran around with her for several minutes, he returned to the path that they had left before. Since the gate of Rivermill seemed to get closer he decided that it would be better to turn back to his human form. Bears were scary for humans after all, and he didn't want to scare anyone off. So, he gave Chrysa a sign to get off his back and turned back to his human form. "I hope you enjoyed the ride" he said with a playful tone and a big childish smile on his face.

Riding on his back was phenomenal and it was very different than what she was used to but it was something she had never tried before. Getting close to a bear was impossible and here she was riding one even though he wasn’t really a bear it was the closest she would ever get. Chrysa was snuggling him and cuddling him and confessing things since it’s a part of her didn’t realize he could understand her fully as a bear which should’ve been the first thing in her mind as she confessed things about dark magic and since he couldn’t respond she figured he just didn’t quite understand. Big mistake on the elfs part!

Elves knew if shape shifting but it was considered very unclean and unnatural. With Chrysa’s high birth it was something that they just did not do! For now she didn’t say too much more about it she took solace in cuddling him and letting him. She most likely left him with more questions than answers at this point. She was most likely saying way too much. “My sister was really good at what you do are used to be able to do it but it just wasn’t what the goddess wanted of me. Or my sister for that matter. I used to one day when I was younger why couldn’t we do it too they just said it was bad and unbecoming of someone like me…” She had no idea why she just wanted to talk more to him like this perhaps it was more because he could not speak back to her or she thought maybe he would just forget what she said when he came back to his human form she really had no idea how Shapeshifting truly works since he only did it once and it was pretty much forced out of her at that point. She had no idea this would be interesting for Harold especially not knowing how connected those powers were to the spirits or why her parents never wanted her to use them.

This was very relaxing until Harold decided to play with it and take it to the next level as he would begin to run he made her squeak a bit. She was not terrified she started laughing and actually set up to enjoy this new found freedom of him as a bear! How long has it been since she laughed this freely? It felt like centuries to be honest! He had no idea how much he needed it and as he ran around he finally heard her genuine laugh it was light and melodic. This was a far cry from the elf he met when he first came into town she was quiet and withdrawn but now he was seeing a version of herself that she thought died long ago and here Harald was bringing her back to life with not only this but his own magic.

When he gave her the side to get off she pouted but looked into his eyes and got the message even though she didn’t want to. It was probably the first time he saw her get a little upset about not having fun but she climbed off though not before kissing the top of his head saying thanks to him for the ride. It was really sad that the fun had to end but she knew it couldn’t last forever. The grin he gave her she returned in full. She pushed her golden hair behind her long ear and nodded profusely. “I don’t think I’ve had that much fun in years. Thank you.” When she was happy she looked completely different. Your presence could light up a room or a Tavern. “Would be be too soon to ask to do that again? Not now of course….do you think you could teach me?” She couldn’t help but ask Inoe if she was stalling before heading into town to get the answer especially with how fun it was.

Back
Top Bottom