Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Nature of Magic (EtherialElvenEmpressxBoldGeko) {NSFWIMAGES}

Harald was taken by surprise when the girl in the green dress suddenly appeared. She was definitely pretty, and he couldn't help himself but to see a slight resemblance to Chrysantheme but also it was obvious that she couldn't be a close relative since too many facial feature differ from the Elf herself. "No I'm not aware of this tale" he said and then put a hand over his heart and bowed slightly before the young woman. "My name is Harald and I would greatly appreciate if you would tell me the story"

He was way more polite towards the young woman then he had been towards Muval. Even though he still mourned his loss of wife in daughter it was almost like second nature to be more polite towards woman and at least within his tribe he was a man that got the attention of woman very easily. Something that wasn't as true on his travels since the most woman was afraid by his bulky figure and the tattoos.

It was a little confusing that she spoke about Chrysantheme like she was a legend. Like a myth about a hero that was long gone and everyone who remembered her died. He had just seen the person who was in this picture, and he was even more sure that they were the same. His eyes wandered for a second to Muval but he decided to keep it for himself that there guardian was right now staying in the pub of the dwarf. The Elf probably had her reasons why she wouldn't show herself as the guardian that people believed in.

The explanation of the woman about there similar feature made a lot of sense. If she was as old as she claimed to be then it was likely that a lot of her blood ran through a lot of people here that didn't even, consider that they were related.

It surprised him that the Elf picked a Bard over the prince. She was pretty enough to be a princess. Harald seemed with every word more and more interested in this tale. Maybe he would start to understand why Chrysantheme was so upset after he showed her the vision. "The trial of trinity?" he asked curious "Please tell me more."

The young woman was more than happy that this new stranger was engaging her and even told her his name. “How do you do.” Even with one book clutched her chest she managed to give a courtesy. “It’s a pleasure Harald. I’m Isabel. I’m more than willing to tell you a story it’s a very lovely story and I think everyone knows it but I think I know it the best.” Her eyes were not as vibrant as Chrysantheme’s but sparkled just the same. Muval shook his head and and looked over at Isabel. “You have not changed. If he is all right with the story then go ahead.” Muval granted permission and when he did Isabel lit up. This must’ve been something that was quite usual for her as she would put her book putThis must’ve been something that was quite usual for her as she would put her book down and start flipping through quite a few different books around the same time trying to find pages an opening different ones.

“ It’s my dream to become the city historian I think I’m on my way there take a seat I’ll tell you the entire tale!” Isabel was on cloud nine now that she had permission to let all of her information out. To be fair Muval knew enough but he wasn’t born here.

“Where to begin…OH! I know!” She took a moment and cleared her throat and she picked up a book showing a drawing of old Rivermill. “ A long long time ago Rivermill was just a small village. When humans decided to make their home here it was really tough and quite desolate. The forest was so vast and terrifying but we wanted to land to make our own away from all of the troubles of other cities and towns. Little did we know that the nearby forest already had inhabitants. We didn’t know there were more creatures other than humans around here we thought we stumbled upon something empty but deep in the woods high upon the mountain there were others….” She stopped for dramatic affect and held up a drawing that looked magical. “ many people did not go into the woods at least to the east. For a long time we were fine until we weren’t. Ask humanity begin to grow more and more try to take our land but what we call fate was on our side. From the East came a different visitor. They were tall and beautiful and they looked like they came out of a dream. All of them had pointy ears mostly long blonde hair though some of them differed.” It was then she would show a drawing of ethereal looking people. Isabel would push the book towards the visitor so he can take a look at it.
IMG_0583.jpeg

The drawing depicted many people who look like the elf he saw in the Tavern. Letting him linger moment she would continue to speak. “They Called themselves elves. We had never seen anyone like them before. They came in peace And told the King that they would help protect the town if they would make sure no one would venture into their home. The leaders made a pact and from that an agreement was made no one would venture into the east and deep into the woods and up the mountain in exchange they would protect the town. With that the town flourished with the protection of these mysterious beings. just because the deal was made it seems like some of them were curious about us just as we were of them and they would help us grow the town and teach us how to grow food and even magic. We never knew we could have the skill for this and even though some of the beings did not want us to use it a good handful of them dead. It is said the guardian was among the ones who is sharing the magic.” It is said she is was high born elf. To be honest I’m not quite sure what that means I’m not now but it sounds really fancy doesn’t it?” Isabel asked with excitement wondering if he would comment on anything she was telling. It was nice to have Muval quiet for once.

“ It is said her family did not approve of her spending so much time with humanity as it was rumor that these creatures lived for centuries. It was possibly one of the reasons why most humans never saw them. The Guardian was young and curious about everything even though her parents want her about being around humans she stayed.” Isabel then left another page open for him to look at. at the picture that looks like the young else he meant in the Tavern and her father.
93C9C5AC-FAF2-4D88-868D-7768D5D8BB00.jpeg

“ Even with all of the warnings they said the guardian heeded none of them. She continues to spend time with us and so did other elves. They taught us gifts and how to protect ourselves even though it wasn’t easy and even some of them took on apprentices. That explains why some of us are magic users even me.” Now Isabel had a chance to brag about herself. She wasn’t the most powerful but she knew a few tricks up her sleeve. “ The Guardian spent so much time down with us it was not a surprise to find out that she became a very good friend to the young Prince Aeigis. It’s not a surprise that royal families tend to enter twine but this was the start of something…. The very beginning of her journey. “ at the time it is said that the young guardian and the prints were the same age even though she looks so young they became fast friends and spent lots of their time together.” It was then she returned the book to another page to show him a depiction of the very handsome prince.
IMG_0642.jpeg
Isabel giggled looking him over. “ He looks very strong but that’s not the end of the story. We all know that the royal family was never alone and his friend, His dear friend Gideon who at the time was a Knight And always at his side so it said he didn’t want to be that he spent most of his time playing music which isn’t really very knightly of him it was it.” She turned the page again to show depiction of the prince’s best friend.
IMG_0643.jpeg

“It Probably doesn’t come as a surprise to hear that they all became great friends though a story about friends doesn’t make the history books…” Isabel was very good at telling stories and she dramatically stopped at that point wondering if the visitor had any questions or if he would tell her to get on with it like Muval would tell her. She was lingering on the beginning of the story setting the stage but everyone would know the beginning was just the beginning and a story like this had more that met the eye. Slowly it was unfolding as a story between these three subjects the question was where was it going?

Harald listened patiently to the story. It was easy to follow the words that her pretty mouth formed. It was interesting to hear that this booming town was build out of the same reason why his tribe existed: In search for a peaceful home. Overall did have the story similarities with his own. Just that the tribe didn't find Elves who already lived in that Area. His tribe found the spirits who gave them the power of magic.

Her dramatic paused just increased Haralds interest in the story and he almost forgot to blink a few times while starring at Isabelle. All the drawings were very interesting for Harald. Of course, his tribe made certain kinds of paintings but with way less detail and more cryptic meaning behind them since their way of storytelling where there tattoos and the elders who told the tales.

It was also surprising to him that apparently a lot of the people here knew magic. Of course, he came from a tribe where magic was a part of everybody but in his travels, he hadn't seen a single magic user besides him. Even more people were kind of afraid when he used his magic in the presence of the humans. He started to wonder how different the magic was.

"Tell me Isabelle" he started when she left a longer break at the end. "How comes that none of the people here are afraid of magic? And why does the guardian, even though she is pretty and build up this town, has multiple paintings of her?"

Isabell cannot help but flip through the books and look at the pretty pictures in them. Riverfell was rich in history and she loved it. This was a story everyone knew. It was passed down through history. “Did do you know elves don’t really age. In every painting the gardens in she still looks the same it makes you wonder if she’s still around. We have festivals and look for people that look like her and dress them up and have festivities the story let me not get ahead of myself. To be honest I’m hoping I get to be picked up play the Guardian I think I look like her minus the ears.” The energetics blonde chuckled her eyes sparkling with excitement as she told about her history.

Isabel had a habit of getting off track but at least talking to this stranger he was able to focus her attention. She wasn’t expecting questions but it was very nice to have someone be that interested! “At first many of us were afraid of magic. The elves taught us it’s nothing to be scared of it’s quite helpful. I think humans and elves believe in similar goddesses so it wasn’t that far off to know that magic exists it’s just humans were never very good at it.” She began to explain as she pushed some blonde hair behind her regular ear. “ Magic takes concentration and power from within that humans aren’t very good at harnessing but with lots of training we can. Set of us have an ability to grasp it better than others. Some people say it’s because of the bloodline that we share with the guardian and her people that make us stronger at it. My great grandmother knew her and she trained with her I guess that’s how I got to know what I could do the fact that my great grandmother did marry come in from her try. At least that’s what she says sometimes we don’t have the full history of our families but I do share the same hair color and eye color that’s gotta mean something.” Isabel rattled off as Muval snorted lightly but didn’t say anything against it. This kingdom had a mix of so much it felt like fact mixed with fiction. There were elves that didn’t mix with the human population and they still had no idea how it actually worked passing on gifts through blood.

The dwarf was quiet as he watched the interaction between the pair and he at least relax a bit and figured that maybe the stranger would flirt with anyone which meant he didn’t have to worry too much. At least maybe this one will keep his attention away from his elf. With the dwarf silent Isabel would listen to the questions and think for a moment silently before she actually answer. “ to be honest the guardian herself wasn’t big on attention it was the royal family who decided to create all the paintings of her. To have such a powerful being the royal family was let’s just say obsessed with her. Of all the elves that decided to stay and help us she was the biggest advocate for us. You see her mother and father didn’t want her to get too attached to humanity during the great freeze they were a treat to the mountains leaving the humans and elves separated until the thaw. The Guardian would constantly sneak back to the dismay of her parents. Many say she just fell in love with humanity even though she was warned to not get too attached to us. She made friends and connections.” The young blonde took a deep breath as if she was remembering different parts of the story that she was keeping to herself. “ The high elves and the royal family had a contract and even with that and place it did not keep their daughter away. The king saw this as an opportunity for his family especially when he saw how long lived the elves were whereas he and his family or older the guardian remained looking exactly the same. No matter how many seasons pass she was ever unchanging. It was like she was frozen in time as the prince and his court aged. The king aged. And even though the king had plans for his son his son had fallen in love with her though he never told her but everyone in the kingdom knew by the way he was always around her and looked at her that he was head over horse for her . The prince himself was never very good at magic even though the Guardian try to teach him but his knight had taken a shine to the gifts offered. The three of them became inseparable and that was probably the reason she was constantly down with us..” she began flipping through the book manically trying to find the correct page.

“AH! I found it did you think it was always peaceful here?” Isabel asked a curious question wondering if the stranger would say no. Riverfell was never always peaceful. “For years with this place was peaceful until word got out that we were being helped by elves and that brought trouble…” Isabel Would let her voice fade to silence as she turn into a very dark page in the history of the kingdom. She didn’t want to go visit her yet as she been talking again. “Orcs. Ask humans have no idea there were so many other races beyond our own and elves. Orcs were one of them. They didn’t like the alliance we find with the elves nor did they like that we had a lot of resources and help. The mountains had so many things that they wanted but they couldn’t just take it. Luckily for us the elves decided to help defend our land but I’m sure it was out of preservation. The most interesting thing about this was our guardian decided to fight on the front lines along side the Prince, his best friend and humans. She was the only woman to do this even though her parents begged her not to she decided this was a calling.” Finally she would open the page and show him the grim battle.

IMG_0652.jpeg

“This battle really send out the population of Riverfell… this may sound like the end of the tail but it’s far from over. As you can see from the paintings are guardian did return the married can you guess what happened during that battle?” The petite blonde was trying to engage the Stranger pull him more into the history of their town and make it interesting since it was very interesting to her. “ Do you think the humans use magic in this battle? If you said yes you are right!” She purposely left it on a cliffhanger trying to get him to ask more and be more engaged with her story since she was far from finishing it especially the homecoming.

Harald continued to listen with attention to her explanations and her excitement about all of this made it very easy to lose himself into her words. As she mentioned that she had great resemblance to the guardian he agreed in his mind. "You really got her pretty face, especially your eyes are wonderful." His tone was almost nonchalant like it was no big deal that he had just made her a compliment. Of course, Harald just tested the water with that to see if she was maybe open to a little bit of flirting.

She had a great way of telling her Stories since she was herself so into them. It was almost like she would transport Harald directly into the past and raise his imagination of what came before. Harald himself had seen his fair share of battles over the years. But never one on a large scale like portrait in the book and he was surprised that the Elf herself fought at the frontlines. When they were at the pub together, she came across more like a peacekeeper and not like fierce warrior but that just told him that looks might be deceiving.

In all the telling of the trial of trinity he forgot sometimes that she spoke about the same Elf that he had just met a while ago. It was almost easy to forget that she was so old and already lived through so many memories.

"I'm curious, what kind of magic are your folk using? Maybe you could demonstrate it to me." He said in hope they would spend some more time together.

Isabel was so happy someone was actually listening to her. Muval usual told her stop talking but not this newcomer. She really thought she looked guardian, but unlike Muval who teased her, Harald complimented her. “R…really? You think so?” She pushed her lovely wavy blonde hair behind her ear. “D…do you have a name? Of course you do. What is it?” She asked as Muval watched curiously. For him this was interesting and now he was more invested as he stroked his red beard. It was no secret that she was blushing from the affection.

It was hard to concentrate when her attention was pulled from the tale and her focus was on this tattooed mystery man. Normally she’d continue talking but he actually got the young guardian look alone to take a breath. For Isabel the tale of the guardian was so out of reach she had no idea this guardian of legend had returned. To most humans in Rivermill these were ancient tales at least to young ones.

At first she was at a lose for words until he asked about what kind of magic causing her face to light up. “Everyone has a different focus. My magic is plant magic. Not very exciting but I can do a little healing. Nothing big only cuts and things. All of us are taught defensive magic. I…I can show you. Pick one..,” this time her light green eyes watched him wondering if he would pick one or just dismiss her claims. “We could go for a walk. If you want. Magic in the library is fun but…if we go outside I can show you. Maybe you can tell me about those…” motioning to his tattoos that had her more captivated than the old tome before her.

Last edited:
Now Harald noticed her inexperience in flirting and her blushing cheeks were a clear indicator that she liked the comment but wasn't quite used to it. On his face came a gentle smile "Yeah I think a lot of women could be jealous that you look so much like her." Her said fueling further the thought that she is just as pretty. Of course, her green eyes were a big factor which made her face so outstanding. That she forgot that he already told her his name was just a further indication of her nervousness but also a sign that she suddenly seems to start to be interested in him were before her thoughts were probably more on the story. "My name is Harald, maybe you don't forget it this time" he said with a playful tease to show that he wasn't angry at her for it and that he took it with humor.

He smiled when she got excited about the opportunity to show her magic skills "I sadly don't know any of the spells you use around here but please let us go outside and we can show each other our magic." he went already a few steps forwards and offered his arm to the young librarian to lead her outside "While we walk I guess I can tell you a little about those" he said while nodding with his head towards his tattoos. "You know we don't really have books in my tribe. These markings are magical and basically our skin is like a book and automatically collects important moments. Every tattoo is like a different story of history."

Muval was invested in this exchange. This was good for him and good for the little historian who just talk to much all the time. It was good to have her vices but sometimes she drove people in the city crazy especially since she wanted everyone to know everything about the history. He didn’t interrupt the pair though he did opt to take a nap. Isabel paid no attention to him since your focus was on Harald. That blush of hers got deeper when he mentioned that he told her his name and maybe this time she wouldn’t forget it that light pink on her cheeks turn into a deep Crimson red. “I..I’m sorry… I won’t forget it again I promise.” Her voice was soft and full of embarrassment as she looked down and try to hide under her long wavy blonde hair. He wasn’t angry but she was still embarrassed. This is what usually happened when she got into something especially telling the tale of the trinity. It was one of her favorite stories and she idolized it so much she just got into her head a little too much.

It was very good that he mentioned her showing off the spell that actually made her more confident and her smile come back. “ I know a very easy spell to show you there’s a raspberry bush outside but I always get to bloom early. Do you like raspberries?” This was her way of trying to make amends for forgetting his name. “Harald is a very nice name it sounds strong.” Was she flirting? The answer was yes to that question but she was not very good at it. Muval let out a soft snort but she ignored him. He was always teasing her and right now she didn’t want to deal with him especially with Harald’s attention on her. She stood up placing the story book down but as they head out she grabs a different spell book on the way out especially since she was nervous and worried she forget to spell she knew so well. The dwarf didn’t feel the need to follow them since he knew that Isabels raspberry bush was not far from the library. He figured some peace and quiet would do him well and leaving the pear alone would at least make sure his attention would never be on Chrysantheme. It felt like everything is working out in the dwarfs favor! He would wait here until they decided to come back especially since he wants to give his self some time to recover.

Isabel let him outside of the big doors to the vast library taking them off to a side corner where there are lots of bushes that were not trimmed. “I told you it wasn’t far.” She said with a soft smile and pointing down towards what looked like empty bushes. It was the right season for the raspberries to bloom and flower but she was very good at what she did. “You’re from a tribe? Afraid about tribes they usually not too big but they’re not small either. Does markings are they a sign of doing good things or winning battles?” It seems like her questions were endless Ashley be able to flip through the book she brought out of the library and this book looks similar to the scroll that Chrysa had pulled out earlier with similar circles and now Isabella was looking for the correct one as she started asking him more questions. “Does it hurt to get those markings? I don’t have anything like that on me. Neither does anyone in this kingdom you’re the first person I’ve seen with it and I’ve never seen anything like you in my books. Your tribe must be far away.” Those were all excellent deductions but she would wait for him to answer something before she would stop on a particular page and look up at him. “Are you ready to see some magic?” She said with a very proud smile feeling like she would wow him with her gifts.

Harald really enjoyed the company of the librarian. Her nervousness and blushing were simply cute and spoke length about her innocence. He wasn't quite sure if she actually tried to flirt back but he definitely noticed that Isabell enjoyed his attention and so it wasn't to his negative. Isabelles young voice was almost like silk and her excitement about everything she said like honey. Harald could probably listen to her for hours without getting bored even though her attractive appearance also definitely let rise thoughts about different activities. But he would not push things too far today and just test the waters a little bit more.

He followed her outside and stepped again through the doors and seeing the city again was still a beautiful sight for his eyes. With a beautiful woman on his side instead of the grumpy dwarf the city even appeared more beautiful than before. "These markings don't hurt, and they tell everything. From love to battles. Its almost like your book about the trial of trinity just that its on my skin and you can read it with your magic."

He followed her further towards the bush where she wanted to demonstrate her magic. Harald already expected that the book in her hands might have something to do with magic and so he tried to avoid looking at it since he still remembered what the scroll alone had done to him. Who knows what a book full of spells would do. "I already have something magical right beside me" he said to further flirt with Isabelle "but I'm really interested in your abilities".

Isabel was the type that could talk for days without even realizing she was doing it too much especially if it was about some thing she really liked. Most people saw this as a flaw but for now Harald was being a lovely listener. Having someone captivated by her stories was indeed a rare!

He followed her outside and she showed him where her secret stash of raspberry bushes were but it honestly wasn’t that secret she just made sure no one would remove them. When he told her that the markings didn’t hurt she did something that was probably out of character for her she reached over and let her fingers gently graze his arm to feel his markings as if she would feel something. Her hand would linger there unless he moved it away but it was obvious she was just curious. “I can you read many things but your markings I’m having trouble reading. They are very beautiful and vibrant I’ve never seen anything like them.” He could tell her focus was on him more than the raspberries at this point but she was excited to show him about her magic but what her fingers grazed his arm he heard her taking a deep sharp breath probably because she was actually touching a real man.

Her fingers lingered and when she realize that she quickly pulled them away and went back to her book. “Rassberies… the spell… I found it I don’t have it memorized yet. I’m still learning but this one is the one I know the best.” With the book in one hand she outstretched her other calm down fingers out as she went quiet closing her eyes letting him look over her petite body as she was slowly start glowing and all of that power coming from within what moved to the palm of her hand creating a magic circle floating mid air as it moved down to the raspberry bush. Her focus was completely on this and she was quiet which was a rare event. It was hard for her to concentrate especially with his last comment about having something magical right beside him but it kept her cheeks are beautiful rosy red. He was interested in her abilities and that was more than what many people said to her. That boost of confidence actually made her magic work even better and with a few words muttered under her breath the circle dissipated and even though the magic lagged a little bit the raspberry bush began to flowering slowly but surely the beautiful red fruit was making its appearance. “ I think I’m gonna call you my lucky charm I actually got them to bloom the first time I think it’s because you’re next to me…” it was her way of flirting but she had no idea if he would catch it even though she was extremely obvious.

Harald didn't do anything about her touch. This made it clear that this librarian had an interest in him. Her fingers lingered way longer on his body than normal curiosity would do and honestly, he was quite impressed that she gathered the courage to touch him. In his mind he thought that he had to do all the work but apparently, she was already under his spell, and he didn't even have to use magic for it. Harald just smiled down on the petite librarian who seems to get lost in her own mind while her fingers are still on him. "You can only read them if you're using the right kind of magic." He said almost like a whisper to not destroy the atmosphere between them.

Harald takes a small step back and watches her casting the magic. Sure, the Elf and him had spoken about briefly that their magic differs but now he sees with his own eyes that the magic of these people is case totally differently than his. After the raspberry appeared on the bush Harald walked over to it and picked a berry to eat. "They taste lovely" he said while he picked one more and returned to the librarian and shoves one gently into her mouth. "You did great." He said with a big smile on his face. Harald knew that this was probably just some low level magic, but he was also aware that this was probably still a hard task for someone who was less magickly gifted.

"Guess now its my time to show you what my tribe does" he says while bowing slightly, almost like he was about to perform a show. A show just for her to impress Isabell. In his mind he was sure that this kind of magic was something unique to his tribe and so he hoped it would catch the librarian a little of guard and would raise her curiosity in him even further.

The tattooed man closed his eyes for a second and it was almost light a white flash run over all his tattoos and all the sudden his body turned into that of a hawk. A beautiful and majestic bird that looked a little bigger than the ones you would normally see in the sky. With big wing flaps he started to fly into the sky just to come down seconds later landing on Isabelles shoulder, snuggling his head against her cheek. Obviously, a mean tease as long as she remembered it was Harald who did this to her. With a smaller wing flap he got back to the ground and returned to his human form. "We are shapeshifters" he said proudly.

Harald needed no magic with Isabel considering she was already in trance by his mysterious luxe and his piercing gaze. Any woman would be foolish not to notice his amazing body but she just wasn’t very good at expressing herself and even her touch lingered a bit too long. She didn’t even notice but she enjoyed feeling his muscular body and couldn’t understand wash her body was reacting so irrationally right now. The fact that he whispered keeping the atmosphere quiet gave her goosebumps and he could see how she shuttered just at the sound of his voice. He could tell she wasn’t very used to the act of flirting or having anyone pay this much attention to her.

Even though she made the berries bloom her entire focus is more on Harald once the spell was cast and she close the book. When he picked the berries and ate it her eyes move down to his lips watching him even though she wanted to know if he thought it was delicious she just liked the sight of his lips and she didn’t know why. The only thing that broke her trance was him mentioning that he would show her his magic and that caused her to look up with her green eyes meeting his.

“Show me.” Her voice was borderline sultry even though it was still dripping within a sense of her trying to sound attractive. He had to know whatever he did well catch her attention since she was so focused on him and not the raspberries anymore or even her book. Eyes were on him as he closed his eyes and she couldn’t look away. She wasn’t sure what to expect but the flash of light was something that threw her off making her close rise for the moment and that moment was critical especially when his body transformed from his own into a hawk causing her to stand completely still. The gas that escaped as he transformed landing on her shoulder and brushing against her she just couldn’t move she was in shock!

Isabel was not scared at all she was just amazed her mouth fell open not knowing what to say as she reached up and would attempt to touch the hawk but she pulled back afraid to do anything to hurt him since he never touched a bird or how do I get this close to her. It felt like only a few seconds but when he flew off of her shoulder and down to the ground transferring back into himself she was completely shocked and silent.

“S…shape shifter? They actually exist?!?” It sounded like she heard of them but it was more like an Old wives tale that mothers told their daughters to keep them from staying out all night or miss behaving her eyes were wide and full of wonder. “I wish I could do that! I wish I knew how to fly that’s amazing! What else can you do?” Isabel was not afraid she was fascinated and now her interest in him grew exponentially but her mine was too innocent to think of anything depraved about his Shapeshifting all she could think was how many animals he can turn into or what powers he had and how she could not do anything he did but suddenly she wanted to know everything about him.

It brought him great joy to see her so impressed by his skills. Of course, there was also a certain proudness in him that he could sweep her away with such a simple transformation. "Yes of course shapeshifters exist. Everyone of my tribe can do it." He says while stepping closer to her "I made can't shapeshift you, but I could make the hawk big enough and let you fly on me." Harald set and it was more like an idea that he threw into the conversation than an offer. Actually, he had never tried to get as big that a human could ride on him. The librarian was way smaller than him and the woman in his tribe, but it might be still a challenge and maybe he would actually consider giving it a try.

He had to think for a second about what else he would show her and then closed his eyes again. Slowly roots from the ground started to tangle their way up her legs. It was not a tight grip and more like vines who brush against her. "Well, that's of course something I can do but that's not exactly impressive" he said while suddenly giving up his spell and the roots suddenly become thing air and disappeared even fast as they came.

"Maybe I have an idea for something that you would like." He said and looked over to a squirrel that he saw. Again, you could see his tattoos slightly glowing, and the squirrel suddenly ran over to Isabell and climbing onto her shoulder. "You can pet him now." Harald himself even steps again closer towards Isabell and there is barely room between them and starts to scratch the chin of the little squirrel. "My tribe also has the ability to control animal and we befriend them. With some of them we can even speak."

Hearing his explanation she had so many questions but he said he could shape shift her maybe he could only do animals? “ can you turn yourself into someone else like for example the bakery down the street I love his treats maybe if you shape shifted into him I can get a free cake?” She couldn’t help how innocent she was thinking of treats and nothing nefarious. If someone else would see Shapeshifting they would think they could do something far worse than steal a cake or sweet treats. She would’ve continued ranting until you mentioned turning the hawk into something bigger that she could ride on. “ really?!?” She asked for surprising her voice as she pulled the book close to her chest clutching it and she started to daydream about flying on a hot around the city. He probably should not have said that because now her mind was going crazy wondering what else he could do.

“Maybe… if you look in the books maybe you can turn into a dragon I haven’t seen a dragon I heard existed but I’ve never seen a real one if you look at a picture could you Shapeshift?” Now he was understanding probably why most people told her to shut up her imagination run wild. Isabel was a carefree spirit and couldn’t help herself. It was rare for anyone to be that way but she still maintained an air of purity. Perhaps she really did and body what Chrysantheme was in her youth and first contact with humans.

When she started to rant again it was a very good idea that Harald decided to show her some more of his magic. This time the roots from the ground crawled up her leg under her dress that surprised her and shocked her as she grabbed her dress plug it up to see what was wrapping around her legs. The spell book fell to the ground with a light thud. Isabel didn’t scream or jump she was entranced by what he was doing and it was something she couldn’t do even with her plant-based magic!

He said something about this not being impressive but to her it was extraordinary! The look on her face said everything. White eyes as she watch the roots go up and dissipate just as quickly as they came. The petite blonde was speechless! He has no idea that the fact that he was making this chatty librarian so quiet as she watched him and everything he did and he mentioned talking to animals she couldn’t believe it!

He began to glow again and she watched him as he decided to settle on a squirrel. This time she almost jumped since she knew that squirrels usually weren’t very nice and always stole her snacks but with Harald She held her ground and when he said she could pet the squirrel; she did! This time she looks a bit afraid of it but it wasn’t because of his magic it was because that squirrels in this kingdom were known to be a little bit mischievous. “Eh? He’s not trying to bite me…. how did you do that? Look at him!” This all felt like a fever dream to her especially with the squirrel not trying to bite her fingers off. The moment he mentioned that they can understand what animal say her entire attention went back to the tattooed man. “What is he saying? Can you teach me? I’ve always wanted to speak to the horses but I mean squirrels are nice too….” The last thing Isabella wanted to do was insult the poor squirrel but now she was obsessed with his magic but had no idea if she could even master it or try.

It was for Harald kind of cute to see her excitement about his magic. Her innocent and even a little childish question about his shapeshifting just caused him to find her even more adorable. She had a kind of prettiness that not a lot of women could have. The joy of a child was still in her, and she seemed to enjoy life in her total own way and that was attractive. "Shifting into a human is forbidden" he said with a slight giggle. It was not that he found her idea absurd or stupid but the sheer innocence behind it was just too much to not giggle about. It was like seeing a little kitten running clumsy against a wall. You just must laugh about the cuteness of the situation.

"A picture of a dragon wouldn't help much. I can only transform into beings I have seen alive. So even if Dragons existed to just find the corpse of one wouldn't be enough. I must see one alive but then it would be possible." His voice was calm as he explained how he could make that happen in theory. It was nice to have someone around him who cared about his abilities after Muval and Chrysantheme were at least a little suspicious of him and his powers.

He continued to pet the squirrel. "He is not saying anything at the moment. Squirrels are very quiet creatures, but they love to play a good joke on people they like." The Squirrel started to snuggle a little against Isabelle "I guess this little guy really likes you. We from my tribe have a strong connection to the animals. They feel what we feel and so we learned to communicate with them through our feelings. That might be something you can learn."

Harald looked towards the sky. As much as he enjoyed his time with Isabelle, he still had in his mind that he wanted to prove to Muval and Chrysantheme that the spirits really exist. Since the existence of the guardian seems to be some sort of secret, he couldn't bring Isabelle for that along. "Isabelle, how about you would tell me the rest of your story tonight? I have some things I need to get done and when I'm free I would come to the library. I guess this little guy can keep you company until then" he said and pet the squirrel one more time. It seems that animals greatly enjoyed the attention from the humans.

Isabel was just a really happy person she took joy in what she had an interest in and that was magic and books and history. With Harald he was someone that would listen to her and not dismiss her excitement unlike a certain dwarf in her life. He didn’t really like to listen to her talk and on occasion made her feel bad but she figured it was just his nature and she never held it against him so perhaps she should. When he finally told her that Shapeshifting into a human was forbidden she pouted but she nodded. “That does make sense. Can you hide features or change your hair color I know some spells lie to do that much but not full on shape shifting I don’t think I’ve never looked into it. I’ve never had a reason to.” She was very honest and she didn’t see a reason to Shapeshift in anyone though the idea of getting free cake was quite appealing for her!

Full of questions she was but when he said he couldn’t transfer them from a picture she did a cute little pout. “I yes my dreams of seeing a real drag her out the window then not that I’m complaining it was just a thought. So you can only Shapeshift into real things…. that’s a very cool gift do you have to say anything special to do it I saw you just did it but you didn’t use a spell.” There she went with her rambling again her mind was going a mile a minute and all she wanted to do is figure out Harald’s gifts. Though she didn’t have a feeling she wouldn’t be able to master any of them since he wasn’t using a book or anything to do it.

This kingdom was used to magic and it was very nice of her to see something different especially since she learned from the descendants of elves with what was passed down especially since she had no idea the garden was right in the city. With her attention back to the squirrel she looked at it suspiciously but when he said the squirrel was quiet she was a bit shocked. “I feel like squirrels talk a lot you know but they always steal my food and snacks they constantly bring them to the library and cause trouble why is he not talking now? Maybe he can tell me where some of the lost books are.” There was no hint of suspicion in her voice or any worried that he was lying she took his words at face value which is better than how Muval treated him. Harald told you that the squirrel liked her and she giggled as she reached out to give them a little pet. “I I think I like him to just tell him please don’t steal my lunch again I think I know it’s the squirrel that takes my lunch or maybe he knows the one that takes my lunch.” She was full of words that were not wisdom but at least she was entertaining it was probably because she was so young and full of hope. Everything was a wonder even Harald.

Her attention was once again focused even more on the tattooed stranger who is now more of a friend when he mentioned talking animals for something that could possibly be learned. Wouldn’t that be something? For now she was enjoying everything about him but then he brought up her finishing the story that she didn’t tonight at her face lit up like fire flies on the very dark evening. “You want to hear the rest? I’d love that no one ever asked me to finish stories what time and where?” She was overly excited about the proposition. “Will you be in town for a while? Are you looking for an apprentice? I would love to learn magic from you.” She knew magic users always took on an apprentice and maybe he was like the others but he was not a normal resident of Riverfell so there’s no harm in asking.

It took her a moment to register there that he mentioned the library and she nodded enthusiastically. That was something she could do she just got over excited and almost missed the location and she realize she had to listen a bit better. The squirrel would keep her company and that made her smile even more as she reached up and gave them a little scratch behind the ears. “Don’t worry. I’ll take good care of him would you like me to bring you something to eat?” It was a kind offer in the least she could do especially if he was gonna listen to her stories she would bring him a picnic basket of food if he was up for it and now she has something to look forward to later. For the moment she didn’t want to leave him especially since he was entertaining as she knelt down to pick a few more raspberries eating one and offering him a few with her open palm he could tell she wasn’t ready to say goodbye but he might have to usher her off.

Harald still couldn't help himself and smile about the excitement of this world. It was almost like she had never seen a single bad person in her life. "Well, there is a difference about how they talk with other squirrels and how they talk with us. It's like two different languages. Right now, the squirrel is probably too shy to communicate with us. Give him some time."

It was adorable how much she worried that the Squirrel might steal her sweets. If that was her biggest problem in the world then a lot of people could be really jealous of her. She had a good life and maybe didn't even know how lucky she was about that. "Don't worry I'm sure this little guy will behave."

Harald stepped closer to the strawberry bush and crouched down next to Isabelle picking one of the berries from her hand and shoving it into his mouth. "Don't worry I will come back later" he says with as much comfort in his voice as possible while slightly touching her cheek as a comforting gesture. Harald was sure now that Isabelle had at least somewhat of an interest in him and wasn't shy to touch her and maybe increase a little bit the sparks between them. "And tonight, im all yours for all your questions and of course your story." He even leaned a little bit forward to her to maybe raise a little the anticipation of a kiss in her but ultimately didn't go through with it. That would be something they had enough time for as soon as they had the one-on-one time at night in the library. "We should probably see after dwarf before he drools on to your books" he said while going back into a standing position and reaching one hand towards her to help her get up.

He wanted to get Muval and Chrysantheme to understand what he was talking about today. It was too important to let it wait another day even though he had upset the Elf already once. But if she was really the guardian of this city then she would be probably able to swallow her own feelings if a bigger danger was on the horizon. Now he just had to convince her that there was a thread. For that to happen he had to fetch Muval first from the library where he was probably still snoring and sleeping.

The squirrel held Isabel’s attention as she’d playfully pet him. The little guy wasn’t so bad. Maybe she misjudged him. “I’d like to learn how to speak to him. I think we could be friends.”the young girl was painfully optimistic. She was happy especially when Harald took the raspberries from her palm and she even offered the cute squirrel one too.

Harald was so close and his closeness kept cheeks rosy. “As long as he stays away from my sweets I’ll be nice.” It was really sweet watching her bond with her new animal friend. Harald made sure to reassure Isabel that he’s come back and the smile on her face was brighter than the sun. The moment he gently touched her cheek she looked up at him with her large green eyes entranced by him. Did he not know how handsome he was? “I can’t wait for you to come back.” She blurted out without thinking. That thought she spoke out loud only made her face stay red. “Umm story… of course. I’ll bring my personal book. I’d love to share it with you.” It was her way of flirting and bringing her own book from her own collection was a way of her trying to flirt though she honestly had no idea how. Harald didn’t have have to guess that she had in interest in him she was an open book. When he decided to get close, leaning in she actually closed her eyes and leaned in thinking maybe it was a kiss. Sadly it wasn’t but now Harald knew she was entranced by him but when the kids didn’t land she cleared her throat in hopes of at least distracting him.

“Dwarf? ….Muval…. We….library… I don’t want him to ruin any books…but I will see you later right?” Isabel felt like it was a dream and she hoped he would keep his word. Normally she never got this flustered but this mysterious stranger had her heart beating so fast and butterflies in her stomach. He’d help get stand up as she even pouted though didn’t protest as they’d make their way back. Poor Isabel didn’t want to say bye just yet though he did promise to return so reluctantly led them back inside and even opening that heavy door and letting it close heavily the red headed dwarf was dead asleep on a book and if Harald looked over at the petite blonde she looked upset as she crossed her arms and she looked mad. “I think I’m going to kill him. Should I kill him? That book is sacred. Is nothing sacred?” Isabel was rambling and Harald had a front row seat to a very cute meltdown.

Harald enjoyed how flustered she get by such simple teases. Definitely something he would keep doing in the future and maybe he would test how far he could go at night when they where together in the libary. Of course he knew that she obviously was not experienced when it came to man but this made it a little bit more exciting to see how far she would be willing to go. But he was also genuinely interested in her story and wanted to know more about the history of the elf and this town. Isabelle seemed like the best person to talk to about this kind of knowledge since she was so excited about it. She would describe it with the best kind of detail. Something that Harald knew to appreciate. Harald almost had to laugh when the said that she can't wait for him to come back. „maybe a little bit of snacks and sweet would be nice for our date" of course he called it a date on purpose to fluster her even more.

As they went inside Harald was surprised that the dwarf was actually sleeping on one of the books. Sure Muval had been kinda rough to him but he couldn't understand how you could have so little respect for the things that meant so much to Isabelle. Harald couldn't imagine that Isabelle had done something to deserve that kind of behavior. As he looked over to her and saw her sudden angry face expression he pressed on of his fingers gently on her lips to signal her to be quiet. For a short blink you could see his tattoos lighting up again but so far whatever spell he casted seemed to be invisible. With quiet steps Harald went over to a nearby table where a small glass of water was standing and he just emptied it on Muvals head. „good morning little princess" he said in a teasing tone. He grabbed fast the book that muval was sleeping on and handed it to Isabelle. Despite the water on Muvals head the book was completely dry and even Muvals drool suddenly disappeared.

Of course it was important to him that Isabelle's book stayed in tact and we would've done never something to damage them. Even though he had calculated that she freaks outside inside when the water drops on the book and he could show her how much he cared about the things she loved. Maybe that would bring her heart even more to race that the tattooed man protects her prescious books.
„maybe we should finally go to our other friend and get going with what we planned" he said to Muval. Of course he tried to be as cryptic as possible and hoped that the dwarf would understand what he tried to say „and maybe we should be also going before this pretty girl turns to a cold blooded murderer because of you"

Isabel cannot help but be flustered but he had a good way of making sure she was entertained and she felt like she was saying like no ever looked at her before. She was pretty much the bookworm and most dismissed her or even teased her for her love of Rivermill history; that’s until they needed her knowledge. Talking with Harald made her feel useful and most of all wanted. Not once did he tell her to be quiet or he didn’t have time once. He even made plans to meet up again!

Isabel couldn’t hide the happiness in her stride knowing she’d see him later. It was an odd feeling that made her giddy. In her mind she was already planning what to make and share for the upcoming story time. The poor young historian was more than angry. She was livid! How could Muval sleep let alone drool on one of her prized books. Harald could hear how she started tapping her foot as she began to stare daggers at the snoring dwarf. She would’ve kept doing it but he lifted his fingertips lips to keep her quiet and she did exactly that and stop tapping her foot. What was he going to do? His tattoo was glowing and now she was more curious about what he was going to do. In a blink of an eye, to her and sleeping dwarf m who had no idea what was going on, but she was invested.

What would come next panic until she saw that her book was safe. Muval on the other hand got a rude awakening. Isabel almost panicked until she saw her book was safe. What happened next when the dwarf shot up waking up completely now drenched was Isabel’s very sweet laughter that filled the library but also the cursing of the tiny dwarf.

“What in the moon! What happened?” Muval started cursing like someone burned down the Tavern. “That’s what you get for falling asleep on my book and he drooled on it that’s not very good you do know those are priceless!” She was very cute when she was angry but even angry she wasn’t very mean she was just cute. The look Muval shot Isabel was menacing. “I swear I will ruin you for doing this you little treacherous…” Muval was almost about to say something very mean until he realized the tattooed man was still there and he shot his look at him. “You let her do this to me you are just as much trouble as she is.” He was pointing fingers at the wrong person since he figured the book was saved it must’ve been Isabel instead of Harald. His words made him rethink his position and he was saying that maybe Isabel would turn into a stone cold murderer. Muval stood up and brushed him self off but he didn’t say too much more to Isabel who looked still very angry. “We should get going. And she’s not coming.” Muval was upset that he was wet but at least because of this he would leave that annoying library brat behind. It was very strange that he didn’t like but at least if the stranger is focused on her he leave his prized elf alone. If he got the go ahead they would head out to go pick up the guardian who is still hiding at the tavern.

Harald was first amused by Muvals angry response. He deserved it to be a little bit wet right now and he could be happy that Harald didn't do worse thing to him. As the dwarf started to curse at the librarian Haralds face expression got angry. As soft his facial features were when he was with Isabelle as much, he looked now like a bloodhungry demon just waiting to slay his next prayer. Even his voice got deeper "Be careful with your words Muval" he grumbles as a clear warning that the dwarf was overstepping a line and that it would have consequences if he continued.

Compared to Isabelle Muval hadn't seen yet what Haralds magic was. He didn't know that he would transform into a bear or another dangerous animal if the dwarf would further try to harm Isabelle even if it just would be with words. "If you touch her, I will make sure regret it deeply" he continued. It was not even about that he found Isabelle attractive that his protective instinct kicked in. Her innocence and your thoughts about life were something so precious that he would protect her against a dwarf who obviously was unhappy with everything around him. She simply didn't deserve to be treated in that kind of way.

Harald turned towards Isabelle and gave her a little peck with his lips on her cheek. "I'm looking forward to later" he said to her with a way calmer voice. He cared that she wouldn't think bad about him or was afraid after he had just threatened the dwarf. Shortly after he followed Muval outside and made sure to catch up to him. With a little hand gesture, he used some magic to suddenly dry off Muval. "Now smile finally again. It was just water" Harald said in a little bit of nicer tone to maybe fix the situation a little. He didn't want to have Murval in his worst mood while they would meet with the Elf.

The streets were still full of people and Harald noticed that was Isabelle said earlier was true. There were a lot of women with similar blond hair and green eyes to her. If it was true, that the guardian was an ancestor of all these women then it would be really impressive. Elves seem to have a strong genetic component that didn't water down completely even after so many generations. Harald was curious if the citizens actually knew that so many of them were related through generations or if that was forgotten knowledge that only someone like Isabell would know. But for now, Harald couldn't complain to much about the sight of all of these pretty woman. The men in this city were really lucky.

He was red with anger and the fact that the tattooed stranger had decided to tell him what to do like a child he was even more upset. “You are not even from here and you do not get to tell me what I canning cannot do I am sure once the guardian sees what you’re like she will kick you out of the city without a second thought I’ll make sure of that.” He was spouting lies since he had no power over her and she wasn’t the type to kick anyone out without justification and he thought maybe he could push his power around as he puffed his chest out. “That little wench did this to me on purpose. She really oughta know her place and that’s don’t mess with someone who has the right hand of guardian.”! he was spouting nonsense but Isabel had no idea what he was talking about since the story of the Guardian was just an old wives tale and she couldn’t be around if she was she be an old crone. Even though Isabel normally didn’t get upset by words she looked really sad that he was accusing her and being mean.

The petite little blonde was still pouting as Muval glared at her. The moment Harald leaned over and gave her a peck on the cheek Isabel calmed down and seem to forget what was going on but the one who is most shocked was Muval! He raised an eyebrow looking at the pair of them and let out a huff. “Hmmm. Maybe if you bet her she’ll actually be quiet. This is good for you librarian maybe I’ll stop being annoying when someone makes a woman out of you.” Muval Was harsh with his words But it was easy to see they made Isabel look really upset as she looked down the floor and clutched her book tighter to her chest. The door did not have to be that cruel but he was. At least the stranger was gonna see her later and he was assuming far more depraved things which embarrass the poor blonde. “Just water. Hmph. It’s not a good way to wake someone up I didn’t realize you could use magic like that.” Muval was more cranky than usual.

At least drying him off did help but his words really stung poor Isabel as she looked really sad. Even the mention of the Guardian didn’t perk her up. “I’ll see you later. Library right? I’ll bring my own personal book.” Isabel whispered softly as she reached over to touch his arm gently before turning to leave to go home. She was still so young in words stung her especially since she was very impressionable. Once she was out of earshot and the door to the library closed behind her as she left the dwarf fixed his clothes that were now dry and he didn’t bother putting away any books that are on the table. “You do you know our city offers much more voluptuous woman and you wanna touch that one? I don’t care what you do but your taste in women is very strange at least you’ve learned your place and you’ll leave the guardian to me. Besides she’d never go for someone who looked like…” The dwarf motion to his tattoos and markings. “…YOU.” He was just not a pleasant person to be around. “Come. I’m sure she’s feeling better now don’t upset her again I won’t forgive you if you make her cry again.” Muval was cold but he would most in for him to follow and they were head back to the Tavern and check on the elf.

If he followed which he would the tavern was much more quiet now. It had a few people about and most people had to do their jobs and other things around the city which left a lady barkeep who had Chrysa downstairs at the bar eating some food at this time she had changed into something more comfortable. she was always dressed very elegantly which many woman in the city were a part of her is still trapped in her old styles from long ago but no one bad an eyelash about what she looked like she of course got looks but no one really questioned her at all they just thought she was someone that could be from here or someone eccentric from the eastern mountains. If the stranger did talk to her she would be in a much better mood
IMG_0741.jpeg .

Harald really didn't like that Muval had upset the librarian so much. She was a cute girl and even though some found her annoying and maybe even rightfully, there was still no reason to be so harsh to her. All what she wanted was her books and someone to talk about that. She was passionate and not crazy; the dwarf was just simply not getting it. "We will see each other later in the library. Only you and me" he said to her with even more excitement in his voice than he needed to. Just to cheer her up a little. In his mind was even a little bit of regret that they would leave now why she felt so down, and he decided to mentally talk with the squirrel that was still on her should and tell him that he should cheer her up. Without hesitation the squirrel immediately started to snuggle against Isabelle in an attempt to provide her with comfort as much as a squirrel could do that.

Harald already enjoyed walking through the streets of the town even if a grumpy dwarf was accompanying him through them. In a weird way he could imagine living here for the rest of his life but that thought also brought some guilt with it. Harald was still the leader of his tribe and even right now they were without their leader. Muvals words though kind of ruined the mood. "I don't understand what your problem with her is. She is pretty and she is intelligent. What more can you want from a woman?" He continued walking along side him. The dwarf started to be getting now really on his nerves. Isabelle didn't seem to far off visually from the Elf but still the dwarf had no interest in her whatsoever. He started to ask himself what the deal of the dwarf was and why the hell he was so obsessed with the guardian.

As he entered the pub he could spot the Elf immediately. His magic still had some kind of attraction to her, and it was almost like a magnet that pulled him closer to her. Without hesitation he walked up to her and sat down next to her in the bar. "I hope you're feeling better. It was not my intention to upset you" he said with a regretful voice. It was his true feelings that he felt bad about having her made sad. He came to her to seek out whatever the spirits wanted him to do and he doubt that making her miserable would be what they had intended.

Isabell wasn’t in a very good mood but at least she would see Harold again later. The squirrels seem to be more affectionate and snuggle up with her and at least she had someone to keep her company well some thing since the squirrel couldn’t really talk to her but it was better than being alone. For now she had the squirrel and she would prepare for later and that was something more than she would be doing on her own. Muval always seem to upset her and she never really got along with him and she had no idea why he really hated her. She may have been a little strange but she was just very into her hobby which hurt no one did drive people crazy when she got on a rant.

Once Isabel was gone Muval Would lead them through town which is still pretty active. Most people are spending time with their families and enjoying the day and even though the tavern was kind of quiet it only meant it was just a lull and the patrons would fill it again in no time. How old just had to break the silence and asked about what he hated about Isabel and he shrugged. “She really is a waste. She’s pretty but she’s annoying if she would just shut her mouth she would be even more beautiful.” Muval didn’t really seem like the type to attract the ladies. When he asked what more he wanted from a woman he stopped. “A woman should know her place and be quiet. You’ve met Chrysantheme. She’s stoic and quiet and I bet she obeyed her husband.” It was easy to see he wasn’t a full member of Riverfell. He must’ve been someone that was still pretty new at least in the last 50 or so years because if he knew the true tale of her she was not quiet she was just more depressed right now. “I pretty happy like annoying women because that means you leave when I want alone.” The dwarf thought he had a chance with her. That could not be the furthest thing from the truth. Chrysa was kind and gentle but that did not mean she liked Muval.

The elf looked a bit out of place but not so much she just looked like she was dressed for an event. When Harold made himself known she would pat the seat next to her and look on Muval’s face was very grumpy . “It’s not your fault you really didn’t know. I’m feeling a little bit better. That trinket that you gave me… it really didn’t make me feel so good.” She said as the door looked at him with a gaze that could kill especially after she said what he gave her didn’t make her feel good.

“Milady if that gift does not make you feel good I’ll gladly destroy it.” Muval what sit on the other side of her and even placed his hand on her arm trying to touch her and she pulled her arm away. “ There shall be no need for that. Please don’t touch me you know how I feel about being touched. I appreciate your concern but there’s nothing to worry about. thank you for showing him around town. I appreciate it I’ve got it from here.” Chrysa Was in a better mood and she really wants to talk to him more but Muval was not making it easy. He was hovering and being way too close for comfort and he drove her crazy when he did this though she wouldn’t say it out loud.

“ I hope you allow me to accompany you wherever you both go. The stranger was asking about the oldest tree in the body of water I don’t feel safe if you go by yourself.” Muval Was still trying to drive a wedge between them but even Harold could see that whatever feelings the dwarf had for her she was not returning any of them. When Muval mentioned the oldest tree and a body of water she turned to Harrold. “We have both here so the tree is a bit of a hike but it’s quite old older than me actually why are you looking for it? It’s also buy a small lake do they have to be separate?” Now her curiosity is peaked to the dismay of the angry little red dwarf.

Harald was immediately annoyed at the dwarf that he thought he could speak for Harald. His face expression changed even to a more threatful deminer. Muval was really stepping on his toes right now and Harald started to have enough of it. But Harald knew better than to make a scene right now. The dwarf didn't have any chance to land in this womans bed and that was obvious to him. She seemed way more experienced with man who tried to pursue her and would not be as easy to impress as Isabell. Harald waited patiently for the dwarf to end his embarrassing attempts to gather her attention. "I thought it would be easier to show you the spirits instead of trying to convince you with words. You seem also interested in my kind of magic and that would be also an opportunity to show you what I can do" His voice was serious in a certain way. Like how you would talk to someone important. It was just his way of showing that he was serious about what he was proposing.

"Since Muval insisted that he wouldn't let us alone I said he can come along. Of course, the choice for that is up to you." This was obviously a slap against Muval to tell her that he tried to interfere with their talk about magic and if he would continue how he did right now in the pub it would be difficult to actually get going with the important topic. "Also, Muval told me its disrespectful to you that I called you by your name. I want to apologize for that, and I will address you by your proper title guardian." Harald had a hunch that Muval might be full of it when he told him that earlier, but he wasn't onehundret percent sure about it. So this would either be a kind gesture of him apologizing or he would put the dwarf in his place by discovering the wrong information that he had delivered. Either way it would be a positive outcome for Harald with a high possibility.

"I would prefer if we could go to the tree. My connection to the spirits of the trees was always stronger than the onces of the water. They have quite different attitudes and with some you get along better than with other." He explained. It was true the spirits that lived in trees were more relaxed and would seek out the humans even. Water Spirits were unpredictable and would turn from a calm persona suddenly into an angry force that you didn't want to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom