Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pantsless Pirates [IC]

Rolling a Charisma (Persuasion) check for Joy to see what kind of response she'd get from the orc. Got a 22, so no need to apply Silver Tongue.

"Well," the orc says knowingly, "his fiancé is part of the officers for now..."

The others shoot him a glare, and he quickly adds "You know, turnover and such. Death, capture, all that."

The game continues, with Joy's pants on the line. They're focused on the cards, but they do spend some time talking while trying to get the lovely lady less clothed.

From what they say, it feels like there's a lot of friction aboard-clashes between different, not quite factions, but differing sentiments of folk on the Damnation. The officers they seem to have an outright dislike of. Despite that, the supplies seem well in hand, and you've not seen any indication that there's significant issues. It's also at odds with what Captain Sasha has told you of the Damnation.

These are their own thoughts and feelings-not exactly projection, but their own conflicts are coloring their feelings.

They don't just have a dislike of the people in charge, they're outright disdainful. And the way they talk... It feels like revolutionary talk.

AWKnHR2.png
Zahn Cragscale
Zahn kept playing, but the crew was rather good with their stoic facades: he could not get a read on them, when they concentrated on the game.

Outside of that context, however, they seemed to be too animated and emotional when it came to speaking of the leadership of the Damnation.

"Have the captain or first mate switched the good grog with a much cheaper swill?"

Zahn asked the person that sat close to the most talkative one, who had already interjected multiple times with mutters and curses when talk swung to the leadership of the ship. Zahn wanted to know what had happened for this animosity to blossom within the pirate crew: therefore, he tried to dig adjacent and a little deeper, baiting the one who talked most of all into revealing more.

I got a 19 total on the insight check rolled to understand the sentiment of the gamblers.

With regards to the attempt of Zahn to dig a little deeper into the issues the crew has with leadership, I imagine a persuasion roll would be needed, so here. I got a 6.

The elven brothers shake their heads, with one saying "It's nothing like that. They're just not doing what needs to be done. Too wishy-washy, too nervous, too cowardly."

Helena had simply been gambling and trying to talk about various nothings in the hope of finding a conversational in road. It seemed however that Zahn had found it instead, and the redhead quickly latched on to this.

"Oh? An' what be it that's needin' ta be done?" she asked, leaning in, evidently curious, but trying to make the question sound innocent. Of course, leaning in also rested her breasts on the table. Her shirt already left little to the imagination, now they seemed ready to pop out. Joy was more exposed, but perhaps this would sweeten the pot a little more. She held her cards a bit closer to her chest, spoiling the view but hopefully teasing more.

Sleight of hand to try cheating again: 15 + 13 =25
Charisma rolls: 3, and 17 +5= 22 since advantage

Insight: 2 +8 = 10. :(
General persuasion for previous conversation stuff: 8 + 11 = 19
Persuasion to get these 2 to open up more: 14 + 11 = 25
(sorry if that's too many rolls)

As mentioned, I'd rather you roll more than needed than not enough. Saves time for the game as a whole.

"Well..." the other brother says, "They're not aggressive enough. They're too focused on trying to keep everyone happy-what really needs to happen is to establish the Damnation as a force to be reckoned with."

The dwarf gives a small grin. "If you really want to know more, we can discuss it in the quarters."

"Oh, ye dinnae think that be wise? Nae point drawin' attention ta yerselves. Unless ye be completely dry fer prey?" Helena asked, her tone genuinely quite curious, and hopefully innocent. "Damnation be 'avin' rumours aplenty. Ah will nae repeat them but ah'm sure ye've 'eard." she added, hoping to perhaps egg them on a little.

Persuasion: 17 + 11 = 28

Henry sets his hand of cards down. "Like you say, there's always rumours. Best to talk behind closed doors, then, right? I think we should follow Orin's lead, and head back to the quarters. Get some private discussions done."

Nanbako could see where this discussion was going. And she really wasnt opposed. Worse come to worse, Nanbako was pretty well sure she could fight better naked than most folks could fight armed. And best outcome, they get laid, get information, and disrupt things.

"Shouldn't the captain want to keep everyone happy?" Joy asks. Whatever modesty she'd feigned when removing her shirt had dissipated as she attempted to concentrate on the card game and conversation simultaneously. Unconsciously, she rubbed her calves together under the table, anticipating the loss of her trousers. "If everyone's happy, then they'll all work better together! That'll make the Damnation better all by itself! Our captain always inspires us to do our best. That's why I love serving the Highwind!"

She holds the cards close to her chest and smiles innocently. "I can talk about it more in your quarters if you want. It'll probably be safer there. Henry told me not everyone on the Damnation is as nice as you all are."

Charisma (Deception): 25

Joy attempts to continue the charade of being easily taken advantage of.

"No time like the present, then," Orin says. "Let's head out."

You travel back along where you came from, towards some of the quarters aboard the Damnation. Notably, you're not going to the clean rooms-those are, apparently, not where this group sleeps. Along the way, Joy gets a few looks from people admiring her shirtless chest. You overhear some comments, mostly just wondering what kind of attitude the Highwind has and when they can visit.

Henry, leading the way, unlocks and opens the door. "Ladies first," he says, slapping Joy's ass as she walks through. The inside of the quarters have a decently-sized common area, with a table and some chairs, and more doors leading to individual bedrooms. Whoever built the Damnation spared no expenses, it seems.

Helena followed Joy inside, sliding past Henry. She had a glance around, impressed by the construction, and seemingly good maintenance. She quickly dropped herself into a chair, leaning back on it like she was in school. She stopped short of kicking her feet up on the table though. Looking up, she cocked an eyebrow to Henry.
"Private quarters fer yer 'ole crew? Ah'd understand if'n the officer's 'ad 'em. But the 'ole ship? Colour me impressed." she said. "How big be the crew?" she added after a moment.

"Big," Henry replies. "Nominally everyone's part of the crew, but you've got plenty of people who just live here, rather than actually putting any work in."

Orin nods. "This ship actually dates from before the Anslan Hegemony or the Free League ever existed. It's been worked on since, but her chassis and general construction is older than anyone really knows."

The elven brothers, listening to the history lesson, move to either side of Joy, putting their hands around her waist.

Joy pretends not to notice the comments about her chest, but when she thinks no one's looking, she glances down at her chest. She can tell her nipples are poking through the black wrap and her cleavage looks impressive, but it's not the same. She makes a note to check herself out in a mirror the next time she gets the chance.

"Ooh!" She flinches as the brothers slip their hands around her waist, touching her bare skin. "That tickles!" she giggles, then puts a hand on one shoulder of each.

"Was it a pirate ship back then?"

AWKnHR2.png
Zahn Cragscale
Lumbering after the group, Zahn waited patiently for everyone to enter the more private quarters, following in immediately after.

For being such a big guy, the lizardfolk was remarkably soft with his steps.

Nanbako followed with the group though it seemed for the moment most of the opposing crew had forgotten about her and focused in on Joy and Helena. The Tabaxi remained closed to Zahn as they walked. Ready to start fighting if it came down to it, or distracting some of the crew in a far more entertaining way if need be.

Joy pretends not to notice the comments about her chest, but when she thinks no one's looking, she glances down at her chest. She can tell her nipples are poking through the black wrap and her cleavage looks impressive, but it's not the same. She makes a note to check herself out in a mirror the next time she gets the chance.

"Ooh!" She flinches as the brothers slip their hands around her waist, touching her bare skin. "That tickles!" she giggles, then puts a hand on one shoulder of each.

"Was it a pirate ship back then?"
Orin shrugs. "No idea," he says. "Ivran, Javil, having fun there?" he asks the elves.

The elven brothers grin in response. One of them looks to the rest of you and says "We can keep your little damsel entertained. Seems fair, since the others will be answering whatever you want to know."

Two things to note:
1) They horny! :p
2) They're focusing on Zahn when they say their bit. Probably making sure that the obvious big guy doesn't object to them railing Joy.

And, unsurprisingly, the others are feeling a bit jealous and/or cheated that Ivran and Javil get to go first.

AWKnHR2.png
Zahn Cragscale
Zahn wagged his tail a little bit, as lizardfolk chuckling and hissing in amusement was, more often than not, somewhat unsettling for the more human-like kindred of the world. He had learned not to do so in the presence of a group that was not comprised of a majority of lizardkin.

"Folk talking around me say that people in your crew speak with Sahuagin."

Zahn spoke with the usual way that lizardfolk did: direct, blunt and using active verbs to describe the goings-on they witnessed. And, of course, using the present tense, as was custom for his people, prior to his joining of more civilized society.

"I am looking for strong sahuagin warriors to measure myself with in live weapon sparring. Please tell me if you know powerful sharkfolk I can fight without a death match: killing every strong opponent is wasteful and impairs one's growth."

Last edited:
"You mean you'll both be giving me a good time?" Joy asks innocently. She's tempted to laugh, but disguises it as bubbly cheeriness instead. "That's so nice of you! I hope it's not too much trouble for you!"

She looks at the other members of her crew and smiles. "Make sure you ask them lots of questions, okay? If we get our work done fast, maybe I can spend more time celebrating with everyone else, too."

Charisma (Deception): 22

AWKnHR2.png
Zahn Cragscale
Zahn wagged his tail a little bit, as lizardfolk chuckling and hissing in amusement was, more often than not, somewhat unsettling for the more human-like kindred of the world. He had learned not to do so in the presence of a group that was not comprised of a majority of lizardkin.

"Folk talking around me say that people in your crew speak with Sahuagin."

Zahn spoke with the usual way that lizardfolk did: direct, blunt and using active verbs to describe the goings-on they witnessed. And, of course, using the present tense, as was custom for his people, prior to his joining of more civilized society.

"I am looking for strong sahuagin warriors to measure myself with in live weapon sparring. Please tell me if you know powerful sharkfolk I can fight without a death match: killing every strong opponent is wasteful and impairs one's growth."
There's a moment where none of them speak. "We, uh, don't know about that," Orin says. "I mean, there's rumours, but none of us know if they're true or not."

Henry moves for the door, saying "Let's get a little more privacy."

As one can gather, they're lying. Zahn's words have put them on the spot, and they don't like it.

And you've got a hunch that they're not gonna take chances. A fight is brewing, unless someone manages to stop it.
They're subtly reaching for weaponry.

The weapons they're going for are not bladed-saps, clubs, and the like. Weapons that are easier to be non-lethal with.

Opting to take my passives this time
Passive perc: 15
Passive insight: 18

Sleight of hand to conceal Helena reaching for her own weapon: 7+10=17
Performance to pretend like she's not preparing to kick ass: 11+8 = 19

Also, I'd like to make a check to see if they seem particulary.. smart or magically knowledged from what we've seen so far. Their general dress... way of speaking.. attitudes.. etc. Sort of a general impression to see if they'd be easily fooled/ intimidated by a trick I wanna try pulling.
Arcana: 4 + 2= 6 :(
Insight: 8+8 = 16

"They're gonna try'n ambush us. Fight er talk? Blink once fer fight, twice fer talk."

"Might wantae move, if'n we fight they've got you on either side."

Helena's arms had been crossed under her chest, but she slowly moved them down to near her waist, getting ready to stand as she looked over toward her crew, then to Henry as he moved.
"'Tis private enough nae? Just te nine ae' us n' nae'n else. Or do the walls 'ave ears 'ere?" she asked with a grin.

Joy puts a hand to her chin, the tips of her fingers resting on her lips, and blinks twice in apparent confusion. "Mr. Tort, you're not leaving, are you?"

She pulls away from the elves and approaches Henry, putting hand on his chest. "Don't go! You said you'd keep me safe, remember? I feel so comfortable around you."

She turns to face the rest of the room, though she keeps her hand on his chest. "This is private enough, isn't it? Let's stay and have a little more fun. Like we did with the cards before, but we can do something different if you want."

Charisma (Deception): 22

Henry locks the door, and chuckles darkly. "Oh, we aren't leaving. We'll have fun later-but for now..."

The orc swings with a surprisingly large sap at Zahn, trying to swiftly knock the most brutish-looking amongst you down with one fell blow.
The sap connects with Zahn's thick, scaly skin, and does about as much damage as it would've hitting a brick wall.

The swing from the Orc was all the Tabaxi needed to unleash an attack on Javil. Her bare hands offering a far more potent weapon than the other pirates might have realized. Her feline eyes went wide as a grin grew showing off her carnivorous teeth. The Tabaxi monk dashed towards Javil seeing him reacting first after the orcs's failed attack. Followed by her claws lashing out one hand then the other towards Javil.

Attack Roll:11+3+2=16
Bonus Unarmed Second Attack:12+3+2=17

Claws Damage:3+2+5
Claws Damage:5+2=7

15-Orc
14-Nanbako
13-Helena
10-Javil [-12]
9-Zahn
9-Orin
7-Human
7-Henry
5-Joy
5-Ivran

For HP, I will record the damage dealt to enemies. So Javil has taken 12-he has an unknown amount of HP actually left.
Just clarifying this because it's sometimes caused confusion. :)
Both strikes land true, leaving Javil bleeding. He's a tough one, though, and stays in the fight.

Back
Top Bottom