Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pantsless Pirates [OOC]

Quick note: Since this is a play by post game, here's a rule on rolling.

If you think a roll might be needed, just roll it. You don't need to wait for me to call for it.
However, related to this, if a roll is NOT needed, I will note that and disregard the roll you made, regardless of the total.

This just helps keep the game moving.

If i'm not mistaken, my thieves tools check should be a +10? +4 from dex mod, +6 from expertise in thieves tools. Not relevant here of course, but for future note if you roll for me again.
(That's not meant to be like.. annoyed or bitter or anything. Also sorry if these get annoying, hard to read tone through text and I wanna be sure I don't sound like a bitch by accident.)

Also, thanks for letting me know all this. I tend to be nervous rolling without being told to, so good to keep this in mind

I did not realize you were an Expert in Thieves' Tools.
25 was more than enough, but I will strive to remember that for the future.

ok.. now i'm hoping I didn't cock up character creation. Got expertise from both bard and rogue. +1 more from the skill expert feat. Hence 4 skill expertises, and put one of my rogue expertises into thieves tools

Hey so one of prestidigitation's possible effects reas
> You create a nonmagical trinket or an illusory image that can fit in your hand and that lasts until the end of your next turn.

Could I create an illusionary sandwich with it? It's my plan to rejoin the tour/ if anyone asks, just say helena slipped back to the mess hall to steal more food, use prestidigitation to have an illusiory sandwich that she quickly 'eats' before the illusion ends.

Hey so one of prestidigitation's possible effects reas
> You create a nonmagical trinket or an illusory image that can fit in your hand and that lasts until the end of your next turn.

Could I create an illusionary sandwich with it? It's my plan to rejoin the tour/ if anyone asks, just say helena slipped back to the mess hall to steal more food, use prestidigitation to have an illusiory sandwich that she quickly 'eats' before the illusion ends.
Yes, that's totally fine. It won't hold up to close inspection or anything, but at a glance it'll look fine.

Yep, not meant to, just a prop meant to make the lie look more convincing. Could possibly even make it look half eaten so when she scarfs it down quick it just looks like she was really hungry

Ty 🙂

Wait do we have an option to bet money, or is it only a strip game?
(or would i not have this info in character?)

Sorry, mention of losing shirts and stuff got me confused

Coin is an option, if you have it on you.
The men have not outright said you can bet clothes, but their lustful eyes make it clear that that's a fee they'll accept.

Gotcha, also would I know the scale of money being bet here? Don't wanna throw in 10gp if they're playing for silvers, and vice versa if the pot is in the hundreds.

You can see mostly silver in the pot, with a single gold piece. But it's a decent chunk of silver.

Does Joy wish to participate in the gambling?

I'll get an update either after she posts, or if she hasn't posted by then, when I get home tonight.

I'm still traveling and can't post IC, but if you want to roll for me, Joy will use charisma (+4). No proficiency, but she's willing to risk her shirt to keep everyone distracted and off-balance. She'll try to present herself as being ditzy and getting by on luck and being too inexperienced to "read".

Besides wanting to win their money (speaking of, I assume Helena didn't get caught cheating? Or, not enough that she couldn't back out?).

Helena wants to get a feel for the ship. Their morale, skill, level of discipline, supply situation (besides food, which they seem to have covered), whether there's a lot of animosity between the regular crew and officers (i know pirate crews don't have officers per say, but people giving orders). Not perhaps in any great detail, but a general feel for how life aboard is. If possible, use those questions as an in to see if she can get them to talk about the rumours that we're here to investigate (that i totally definitely didn't forget about before reading up 😅 )

That, and if possible, see if she has a chance of getting into Orns' bed (the orc lady from before)

Zahn's strategy is to stay out of the way of Helena and Joy, as they are the ones who he knows have the charisma and misdirection skills to talk the crew of the Damnation into revealing information. He'll just stay attentive and try to catch anything said in his presence... and be- not a wallflower, but... just the wall basically.

If there was a guy or gal that was interested in having relations with him, he would exploit that, but the gambling crew does not appear to be interested.

And if there was an opportunity that catered to Zahn's strengths without putting his team in danger, he would take it. Like, say, fighting a shark in the water to feed the crew some extra fish. Or fighting a swordfish. Or a giant squid or octopus. Or if the crew had a place for strength sports, in a vein like sumo or wrestling (not showmanship-wrestling) - all things Zahn can be excited for and would do, as long as his group wasn't in danger.

Last edited:
Need me to post oc? Since you said "Feel free to answer in the OOC thread", i was waiting to see if i need to roll or anything to get answers to the above

Joy's short-term goals are just to keep people talking and letting smarter and cannier team members guide the interrogation. Teamwork makes the dream work!

Btw, sorry for the way I type Helena speaking. I'm trying to phonetically get the accent i'm going for. Hope it doesn't cause issues?

Back
Top Bottom