Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Horizons of the Vast - Rules

ShadowPlay

Star
kFgkN4t.jpg

We are using the Starfinder system.

The following rules apply:
  1. GM word is final
  2. Be nice!
  3. If in doubt - ask or refer to rule #2 and then #1.
  4. If there are more than two characters in a scene, then don't speed post, wait until at least two other characters have posted or until a GM post, before you post again.
  5. Be mindful of the other players' kinks and dislikes
  6. Roll in the dice roller (link will be provided in PM) and remember the roll description in the roller.
  7. OOC should be kept in the respective thread (with exception of rules related OOC like rolls and actions)
Even if you don't have much to offer in a scene, you are free to post anyway - and it will help progress the story.

I won't progress the story with a GM post until either every player has posted or I deem enough time has passed for all to post. So even a single line will show me that I can progress with my GM posts.

Characters will be made with the following rules:
We will use the standard character creation rules with the following exceptions:

Race:
Races that are small or medium. So no dragonkin or giants.​

Ability scores:
Array: 16, 14, 14, 12, 12, 10
Add racial bonuses/penalties
Add theme
Add +2 for each of the classes' key ability score
(no ability score can start higher than 18)​

Classes:
Select two classes, you gain abilities from both with the exception of:​
HP
Stamina
BAB
Base Saves
Skill ranks
Resolve
Of these, you only get the best from one of the classes (taken separately for each ability)

(Remember that insight bonuses don't stack. They are the most common skill bonuses from classes, so a bonus from one class, rarely stacks with a bonus from a different class (or with skill focus).)

When combat happens it will progress in the following way:

1. Roll initiative (not sure if it will be me doing it or the players themselves - most likely me to speed up the process)
  2. I'll post the initiative order as well as a map of the situation.
  3. Each player declare what their character will do during our turn (this can be conditioned on certain actions of the opponents). This includes rolling attack rolls, damage etc.
  4. I'll make a post to resolve the round, deal damage, make saving throws and so forth.
  5. If the combat is still on, I'll update the map and we restart from #3

The colony of New Horizon will be developed by character decisions. Some things, however, just don't make sense - like building 10 charging stations to be able to build an orbital habitat. But as long as you are reasonable, I won't interfere with what you decide to do.

Since the PCs are employed with the charter holder, they receive a monthly pay. This is in addition to the free lodging when they are in the settlement. However, that means that they have to take care of all other costs themselves.
This pay will increase as the characters advance their colony. But it's evaluated once per year, or when certain campaign goals are met.
The monthly pay will be displayed in the first post of the OOC thread.

It will not (intially) be possible to acquire any new equipment on a day to day basis. New equipment (more or less everything will be available with a few exceptions) can be acquired by one of the following ways:
  • Ordering it from the charter holder - will take 1 month to arrive +10% cost - no level cap.
  • Building the appropriate building in the settlement (armory for weapons and armor etc.) - capped by the settlement

I will be using rolz.org for dice rolling - with this dice room:
https://rolz.org/dr?room=starfinder_horizon Dice room name: starfinder_horizon

You use it or you can roll your dice in any roller you wish, as long as it's one that logs the dice rolls to your character.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom