Batgirl Begins (dbspock/WendyTheRed)

John didn’t move as she spread her legs and straddled his stomach again. “Yes, but you have the advantage. You’re centered, so I can’t throw you off. “ he proved it by trying to throw his weight around, ignoring what it did with his cock in relation to her ass. But unlike last time he couldn’t dislodge her. “I could try and hit you…” he moved his arms at half speed towards her torso so she could easily block him. “But you have the superior position, so that won’t work. All that’s left is…” John moved a hand to her waist. Nothing appeared to happen for a moment, but then she would discover her leg had no feeling in it, and she couldn’t move it. Or stop John from moving it as he grabbed her leg and threw her off.

She nodded as he threw his weight around and she didn't move very much. It took her a few moments to realize what it was causing to happen underneath her. She blocked at roughly the same speed as his "attacks" still listening to what he was saying.

She watched as his hand moved to her waist and was confused until she lost control of her leg and was thrown off of him. She blinked at what had just happened and instinctively rubbed at her leg as she lay there next to him."Was that one of those pressure points you see in martial arts films?"

John rolled over and then sat up next to her. “It was. “ he confirmed. “Though not quite as flashy as the movies portray, as usual. “ he didn’t offer to help her to her feet, aware it would be a minute until she could stand. He reached over and gently redirected her hand to a more effective location to restore feeling. “One of a few reasons grappling isn’t the preferred form of combat around here. It gives your opponent too many options, and you can’t always see what they are doing. “

She nodded slowly. She'd been watching his hand and was pretty sure she could reproduce the move thanks to her memory. She nodded her thanks when he moved her hand to a better spot.

She thought about what he said. "Which is why you aren't showing me pinning moves but how to get out of them." She looked thoughtful. "I see." She kept rubbing that spot until she felt feeling return and she climbed to her feet. "So what's next?"

John nodded as Babs proved once again she had a brain as well as a body. “That’s right. “ he confirmed, watching carefully as she rose, to make sure she didn’t fall, not because her ass rippled nicely as she did so. “How much do you know about firearms?” He asked as he rose to his feet as well. He didn’t tower over her as he did most females, another unusual feeling she provoked in him.

John knew her father was a cop Sara held in esteem, so he was well experienced in the weapons, but he’d also been told Babs was new to living with him, so he wasn’t sure they had covered disarming techniques yet. Her answer would determine his answer to that question.

She saw how carefully he watched her and blushed all over again, looking away. "Well, as you may or may not know, my dad is a cop. I know a decent amount about firearms even though he's not one of those men with a couple hundred guns around the house or anything." She considered for a moment. "That said, I haven't been in his care for long. If you're going to say we're doing some target shooting or something I'd welcome it. If, as I think is more likely, you're going to show me how to disarm a gun wielding assailant, well, I welcome that too."

She looked back at him after she finished speaking, not wanting to look away for too long even if things seemed to be in a more normal teaching mode right now.,

John wasn’t an expert in interpersonal relationships, but he had a feeling she was looking away and blushing due to the glances he was stealing of her body. He tried not to look but damn it was hard. Especially as he was supposed to be training her.

“I know who your father is. “ he confirmed, and he really hoped Captain Gordon had no idea what was going on. “And Sara isn’t really a big fan of guns, but target shooting does come into it later. Right now, let’s focus on keeping you alive if you ever do face an armed assailant. “

He noticed her looking back towards him and nodded a bit, hoping she wasn’t looking at the tent in his pants, before he turned and went to one of the cabinets, removing a paintball gun. He then took up a position at the far side of the room.

“Try and take it away from me. “ he challenged.

She nodded to John as he mentioned Sara's dislike of guns but that target shooting was part of the training regardless. "I thought you might. Sara does after all. So I thought she might tell you." She was tempted to ask what he thought of her dad but decided not to, just in case.

She raised her eyebrows thinking of an old action movie she'd seen once."huh, I thought you were going to teach me how to remove the clip from a pistol during a scuffle or something."

She was pretty sure she was going to get splattered with paint and she winced in anticipation of the sting. She raced towards hum, moving in a zig zag and should she get close enough she'd attempt to wrestle the painball gun out of his hands. If he shot her with a pellet she'd stop especially if he called out something like 'you're dead'.

John simply nodded. He and Sara had actually had quite the conversation about Babs, the first of many he was sure, so he knew a lot about her. He was sure she knew that already, though, so there was no point in mentioning it. There was one thing, though, they hadn’t covered. “What should I call you?” He asked suddenly. He knew her name, sure, but that still left a lot of possibilities as to what variation she wanted him to use.

John nodded again at her statement. “Anyone who has a gun and lets you get that close is an idiot. “ he stated flatly. “But there are a lot of idiots in this town, so we’ll cover that. Right now, we’ll cover how to stay alive against someone who knows what they are doing. “

John was clearly one of those. She hadn’t made it two feet before she felt the sting, and sting it was, of two paint pellets hitting her torso. John didn’t say anything, but if she stopped, he also didn’t shoot her again.

She was a little surprised when he asked what to call her. She shrugged casually though. "Barbara is fine. My dad and some friends call me Babs too." She looked at him thoughtfully. "You can call me either, I suppose."

She thought about what he said then glanced at him. "You're preparing for me to face people with guns. This isn't just generic martial arts training is it?" She looked thoughtful. "I mean that was already obvious. But it's even more obvious." She furrowed her brow. "And you called Mister Wayne Bruce and didn't bother to deny it when I called his playboy personality a persona." She smiled at him. "He's been through this training..."

She wasn't at all surprised she didn't make it to him though she'd hoped her zig zagging would help a little. She did indeed stop and rubbed the spot where the pellets had struck. "I hoped I'd do better. Alright so, going to tell me what to do or demonstrate?"

John let out a small sigh of relief when she didn’t insist on being called ma’am or Miss Gordon or something. He wasn’t under the illusion they’d be friends or anything but he liked the prospect of being on a first name basis with the cute girl.

Had she expected basic marital arts training? He would have thought being asked to remove her clothes would have settled that. “Basic martial arts training won’t keep you alive on the street. That’s our purpose here. “ he told her, though he made no comment when she started talking about Bruce. That wasn’t his tale to tell.

John was grateful she didn’t try and rush him again. He hated seeing the red paint on her stomach..,and did some splatter on her breast?…but it was an important lesson. “You probably won’t do better. “ he informed her. “The only time rushing a gun works well is if your opponent forgets to take the safety off or something. As for what you can do…” he paused for a moment, then sighed. He didn’t want to upset her, but he didn’t want to let Sara down either. And his loyalty to Sara won out.

“Don’t let your pride dictate your actions. When faced with a scenario like that, retreat is always an option.” He gestured towards the door a few feet away from her. “As is surrendering. Or taking cover. The mannequins aren’t much and probably wouldn’t stop a real gun, but they’d work in this instance. Or if you’d thrown one at me, it might have distracted me a bit so you could get close. Or my personal favorite…turn off the light. If you can’t see, you can’t shoot, and most people don’t memorize their surroundings so they can find their way around in the dark. “

She could tell he seemed relieved that she gave her name. She smirked though when he commented about it not being basic training. "Yes, it was obvious, I was just talking it all out. Including the logical conclusion about Bruce Wayne. It explains a great deal actually."

She listened to his lecture. "And what if I'm not the one with the gub pointed at me?" She mused thoughtfully. "This is why Batman fights like he does. Moving in the shadows. Throwing batarangs. He's a great martial artist but even he has to have a way to deal with guns." She'd seen the occasional footage of his fights shot by bystanders with cell phones or whatever just like everyone else had after all, usually when he uad to rescue hostages or an important figure under attack by one of Gotham's scary super villains.

“You can’t help them if you’re dead. “ John pointed out. “That’s why the focus is on keeping you alive at first. Breathing gives you a lot more options. But if the gun isn’t pointed at you…in some ways, it makes things easier, especially if no one knows you are there. It also makes it a lot harder, as more people mean more variables out of your control. But a lot of the techniques still apply regardless of where the gun is pointed. As for Batman, yes, batarangs are a way of dealing with guns, but you won’t always have that option. Or the luxury of wearing a bullet resistant suit. And yes, I didn’t say bulletproof. No such thing. “

She nodded her understanding of what he was saying. "It makes it easier on a tactical level but if it's someone you care about the emotions might cloud your emotions. I guess that's why things like katas can be useful. To clear your mind and help you focus."

She couldn't help smiling at what he had said. "Not always huh? Does this mean you saw my Bat logo on my shirt and wondered if someday I might be wielding a batarang?"

“Never fight angry. “ John said, and the way he said it made it sound like a quote. “Having someone you care about in danger can be…difficult. And losing them…you may never get over it. “ his voice, usually flat, got a bit of an edge at this point and he took a deep breath as she changed the subject.

“You aren’t going through all this just because you wanted a new hobby. “ he said as he tried to return her smile, but it was clearly awkward for him and he soon abandoned the effort.

She looked thoughtfully at him as she noted the change in his tone but didn't say anything. She connected the dots pretty easily though. He'd lost someone close to him and it had been a struggle and had perhaps led to a difficult fight.

She shook her head. "No, I'm not. My motivation isn't as personal as Batman's, I didn't see my pa...people I cared about die in front of me. But my resolve is strong." She took a chance with what she had said, both that it would bring his own feelings out and that he may let slip something and confirm her suspicions.

John quickly and expertly put any emotions her questions might have raised behind him. If he caught her slip about Batman’s parents being killed, he ignored it as he raised the gun and pointed it at her from point blank range.

“Let’s try and keep it that way. Pay attention, and you might stay alive. Now…try and take the weapon away from me. “ he demanded.

She was disappointed he hadn't slipped anything about Batman. It occurred to her that he'd probably report her prying back to Sara who might report it back to Bruce Wayne. She'd have to decide how to handle the fallout from that. In truth she didn't know for sure it was Batmans motivation but it made a lot of sense to her.

She nodded then immediately side stepped as fast as she could and made a grab for his forearm and the barrel of the gun. She figured she'd fail but she wanted to try.

John easily tracked her movements and even as she moved to the gun he had shot her in the stomach. Either he was upset at her earlier questioning or the close range allowed him to get more shots off, but before she got ahold of his gun and wrist, he’d gotten four more shots off, tracing a path across her stomach to her hip, narrowly missing her pubic area.

“Time out. “ John used the safe word as he stopped pulling the trigger.

She sighed softly as he more or less u loaded on her. "I hope there is a shower at this gym...I'm going to need it. I thought side stepping would give me a chance." She looked down at the paint spatter and blushed when she saw how close it had come to her pubic region. She stepped back when he called time out and crossed her arms. Then blushed even deeper when she realized how it made her breasts get pushed out and dropped her arms, waiting.

John wasn’t sure why she dropped her arms after hiding her breasts with them. It was almost like she was daring him to look. He swallowed thickly and tried to concentrate on the lesson.

“Sidestepping doesn’t reduce the target area. Twisting and showing your profile does. “ he told her, then registered she’d asked a question, almost. “Yes, there’s a shower. “ that hadn’t been covered in Sara’s briefing, but he didn’t see the harm in giving her access.

“Here. “ he handed her the weapon, then turned away from her. “Shove it in my back, like they do in the movies. “

She nodded at his reply. It made sense, she'd be performing an almost dance-like move to get away from the barrel of a gun. She hefted the paint ball gun when he handed it over. She briefly debated trying to trick him and get a shot in but she was here to learn not to score points so she discarded the idea.

She also debated using a cheesy movie line but she decided again to take the training seriously. She pointed the paintball gun at one of the dummies and squeezed off a couple of shots. "Just getting a feel for it." She said in case he she wanted to know what she we doing. She checked to make sure it still had ammo then moved to him and pressed it into his back, prepared to pull the trigger as quickly as she could when he started to move.

John looked at her with confusion when she began to fire at the dummy, then shrugged when she explained it. He didn’t think it was necessary, but the ammo wasn’t that expensive so there was no harm done.

At first when she pushed the gun against his back, nothing happened. But then he exploded into motion. Just as he described, he twisted to the side, so that even if she pulled the trigger, he was out of the path of the bullet. He didn’t reach for the weapon as she had, but instead batted her entire arm out of place. He finished his turn, then hooked her leg with his foot before he pushed her back on the mat. Next thing she knew, he was lying on top of her, his chest resting on hers, her limbs splayed to the side, his face two inches from hers. “Got that?” He asked.

She fired when he moved though she was not surprised when she missed. She winced when he batted her arm aside and she let go of the gun in case he tried to take it from her.

She quickly realized that wasn't the plan when he hooked her foot and she once more found herself on the mat, laying under him. She nodded in reply to his question. "I do..." she said while he cheeks flamed all over again. "My turn?"

He was probably close enough he could feel as well as see how embarrassed she was at her current situation, but he made no comment on it when she claimed to understand the lesson. Instead, he simply rose to his feet and offered her his hand before he retrieved the weapon.

Unlike her, he tried to use a corny movie line as he pointed the weapon at her. “Stick em up. “ he growled.

Back
Top Bottom